Scourge undersea trap

mark711craps
mark711craps
Skilled Warrior
Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 375
The traps effects continue after it is destroyed.  Seems to me once it is destroyed the auras effects should be destroyed as well but they aren't.  ie. slow down effect still continues once destroyed.  Would a mod please look into this.  
  • mark711craps
    mark711craps
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 375
    Forget this post; just read the sticky on portal...dumbest thing i've ever seen...now we have traps that can't be destroyed....way to go kix. a lot of strategy in this
  • kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1,984
    They solved the problem of people walking bases with gluttonys. (shrug) 
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,736
    They solved the problem of people walking bases with gluttonys. (shrug) 
    Not really, players still walking in web bases and getting the OP with subs.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    I'm so happy about this I could just pinch myself....
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,736
    The traps effects continue after it is destroyed.  Seems to me once it is destroyed the auras effects should be destroyed as well but they aren't.  ie. slow down effect still continues once destroyed.  Would a mod please look into this.  
    There's nothing wrong, it's working properly.
  • padreprince
    padreprince
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 102
    edited 11 Dec 2017, 4:25AM
    Listening to laredo try to justify a poor mechanic is just laughable.  This is a player with no aptitude in the game and makes his voice heard on the forums by shutting out those that don't agree with him!
  • BPMist
    BPMist
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 58
    I noticed that the trap when pinched disabled the cavitation feature allowing certain strategies to be used. Today however it did not disable it.
  • BadVenomHurricane
    BadVenomHurricane
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 926
    The gate in the honest opinion of the top hitting players and alliances needs to have the effect either toned down or removed when the trap is destroyed, having a ship which one shots literally everything ( we tested it does ) behind a gate which forces its only real threat to surface and die one shot is a bit stupid. Nobody will hit a base like that if they have any common sense.
  • padreprince
    padreprince
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 11 Dec 2017, 4:28AM
      The main topic is that the web as it functions is unbalancing the game. Our hope is  that we can gain the attention of some of the devs to make changes that the players feel will enhance gameplay.
  • padreprince
    padreprince
    Minor Nuisance
    I know the game swings back and forth but there has in my history of playing been NO way of taking a base.  
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 2,202
     Our hope is  that we can gain the attention of some of the devs to make changes that the players feel will enhance gameplay.
    Well I can neither confirm or deny there used to be a select group exactly for that purpose. There's a reason for my second forum sig and profile pic ;) I'd find it hard to understand if there isn't one now.
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
    Spack is actually my Tyler Durden.
  • Matt_K2020
    Matt_K2020
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 581
    I will be honest, I havent hit a base with a hope in it. I also dont have the hope, as it seemed like a splash base for sloths. Never took the reload aura into consideration. That said, yeah, a well place hope would be a mess, but regarding the trap itself, its effects can be thwarted. In order for to bypass the trap, you definately have to alter armor configuration, but either way, emancipators will chew up gluts, as we dont have ball armor yet

• padreprince
    padreprince
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 10 Dec 2017, 10:14PM
    What I find interesting about this issue is when Kix brings out a over powered ship like the Kings Writ not very many people complain-why? Because those that can will just coin the ship the absolute second it is available and there are NO DEFENSES to those new ships. THIS is just fine to those players. BUT if they can't break a base because of a new defense feature THAT is not acceptable. If you can't coin something to defeat a base then this is a humbling experience to those that usually do this. We do know there will be a way to get past this both by a ship/specials, etc.
    I have never been smashed by the kings.  there are viable ways to stop that fleet.  I can think of 5 not including the hope.  
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    edited 10 Dec 2017, 10:19PM
    my front channel has radioactive, corrosive (heavy dots) and is in range of at least 3 buffed mancs, not including my epic cats which will one shot gluts if they crit  Snapag. Good luck stacking enough armour to counteract that even with all the glut armour slots. As I was saying, it's not exactly rocket science and a smart player with a good mechanics knowledge level can relatively easily keep his (edit or her) base impenetrable. 
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
  • Spack
    Spack
    Master Tactician
    I know the game swings back and forth but there has in my history of playing been NO way of taking a base.  
    I can thing of a few times that bases were impossible to defend :) ballistic dreads....lol
    DESTRO said: 
    The Almighty Spack

KIXEYE Swag said:
  • Matt_K2020
    Matt_K2020
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 581
    Spack, read the last sentence of my previous post. I already said that

• Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    I also agree with not going after the moderators if we wish to actually have a discussion.  The main topic is that the web as it functions is unbalancing the game. Our hope is  that we can gain the attention of some of the devs to make changes that the players feel will enhance gameplay.
    Whist I can no longer hit top bases ,I know for a fact the stuff they are bringing out now is killing base hitting for most

Heck I don't even run a guard and I got an SDS7 guy sniping chore fleets cos he cant do naff to my base  :(
  • padreprince
    padreprince
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 10 Dec 2017, 11:16PM
    Milo-Ant said:
    I also agree with not going after the moderators if we wish to actually have a discussion.  The main topic is that the web as it functions is unbalancing the game. Our hope is  that we can gain the attention of some of the devs to make changes that the players feel will enhance gameplay.
    Whist I can no longer hit top bases ,I know for a fact the stuff they are bringing out now is killing base hitting for most

Heck I don't even run a guard and I got an SDS7 guy sniping chore fleets cos he cant do naff to my base  :(
    post the battle log on facebook and Ill remove the chore sniper from my alliance. now back on topic
  • ThePANDO
    ThePANDO
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 72
    I noticed that the trap when pinched disabled the cavitation feature allowing certain strategies to be used. Today however it did not disable it.
    I have no issue with the current function of the trap. But, If it is intended that it should be able to be pinched then it should remain that way. If I use a rocket to pinch it, it should be disabled for that time frame. (until the pinch wears off) On the flip side of that coin, to combat this, a smart player will put an anti pinch special on the trap as many people I know have already done.
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,921
    edited 11 Dec 2017, 12:15AM
    I also have to agree. I am not even one of the top hitters, maybe in the top 300 or so, and a few small changes and I will almost have an impenetrable base without even having a hope. The new trap is very overpowered, especially considering that it cannot be pinched nor destroyed (the field remains). This is a huge nerf to a new hull that was introduced less than a month ago (the PGlut), and now can only be used for lower level bases and FvF. I think Padre's solution, to allow it to be pinched while good, is not enough. If you could pinch it all you would have to do is have 2 traps near the entrance and then only one can be pinched and it would still be the same. I think having the cavitator field be removed when the trap is destroyed would be the best solution and allowing it to be pinched as well. 

Edit: Also have to add, the fact that we are going to get a flag defender in the raid instead of a new conqueror will further unbalance PvP
  • kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 567
    I'm kinda confused.. gluts are immensely overpowered.  The deflections added with the huge number of armor slots and the ability to outrange every sonar or thermal device in the game and you are crying that there is now an actual counter?  Hitting with ships that remain submerged most of the combat and have weapons that will kill nearly everything doesn't sound unbalanced at all?
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,921
    I'm kinda confused.. gluts are immensely overpowered.  The deflections added with the huge number of armor slots and the ability to outrange every sonar or thermal device in the game and you are crying that there is now an actual counter?  Hitting with ships that remain submerged most of the combat and have weapons that will kill nearly everything doesn't sound unbalanced at all?
    There are counters to gluts already out there, they are not overpowered. It would be fine with the addition of the trap if the trap was balanced. However, since the trap field never goes away it  basically makes the gluts go from good to "pretty much" useless. I use pretty much in quotes there because yes there are still some uses for it, just makes it a lot less useful. We are just asking for the trap to be rebalanced so that there is some way to get rid of the field.
  • HenLai10
    HenLai10
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 638
    u -mad said:
    The gate in the honest opinion of the top hitting players and alliances needs to have the effect either toned down or removed when the trap is destroyed, having a ship which one shots literally everything ( we tested it does ) behind a gate which forces its only real threat to surface and die one shot is a bit stupid. Nobody will hit a base like that if they have any common sense.
    Everyone that had no problem with hitting a base with a fleet that took a small amount of damage to none are now upset because the base can be defended,why did you not complain that your fleet was over power an unbalanced.the reason may be you want the ability to take down anyone you want and dont like it when table is turned.
    There is a difference... that fleet that only took a little damage can be stopped with a properly built base with the right tech.  The current combo of the Hope and Undersea web in a base has become completely impenetrable.

• kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    kixeyeuser_1373401308534_9713_1493722191
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 567
    There are counters to gluts already out there, they are not overpowered. It would be fine with the addition of the trap if the trap was balanced. However, since the trap field never goes away it  basically makes the gluts go from good to "pretty much" useless. I use pretty much in quotes there because yes there are still some uses for it, just makes it a lot less useful. We are just asking for the trap to be rebalanced so that there is some way to get rid of the field.
    Counters?? besides a phantom glut, what real counter was there?  They out range the thermal on Courage, sonar on turrets. A good driver had nothing to stop them. I don't have the new trap in my base btw,, 

• Space Ghost 11
    Space Ghost 11
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 977
    the trap seems to be useless
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,608
    Happy_MM said:
    the trap seems to be useless
    lol how is it useless?
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Roman Lisyansky
    Roman Lisyansky
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2011 Posts: 134
    Counters?? besides a phantom glut, what real counter was there?  They out range the thermal on Courage, sonar on turrets. A good driver had nothing to stop them. I don't have the new trap in my base btw,, 

well I have not allowed  a glut to kill my base once. And looks like you just don't have the tools or most likely  don't want to adopt. The easiest way to make the surface for your turrets is to build a longer channel with 3 thermal boats in row behind walls. Yes they can be snipped but by the time they are dead Gluts run out of air. This is the most common way I see. Second solution is King Writ followed by Sinquisitor - you just shut them down.