2017 Winter State of the Game

  • blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,817
    edited 5 Dec 2017, 11:12PM
    They have made a choice with the quick repair times on docks and the non existent repair times on shipyards to not even bother with pvp if a player doesn't want to and from what i have seen in comms traveling around alot is that the new bp player would almost rather do pve... I am not a coiner... I have a large business loan to pay back so my priorities are clear if I gotta wait for a raid I wait no big deal.. I scored 31k in bounty without spending a single dime and had fun doing it...  Did i get it all... Nope but I got enough to kill 85% of the bases out there which more than gets me my alli bonus weekly and more pvp fun during the week..
  • elitwo
    elitwo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 764
    anything to make resource gathering less - tedious is good - the shear seat time now for me to gather roughly 1 mill UR 500k **** and 3 mill base parts is freeking crazy.   having to spend 2 hours doing 85 relays - over and over and over - always knowing 1 slip and BOOM 5-6 hour repair is - driving me nuts.
    4 month cycle - GOOD !!!!
    FM changes - I actually do not mind this IF - you do 1 thing - back in the beginning of 2017 - you always let us see the new targets for a month to prepare. bring this back and I will be happy.
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    bort said:

    Greetings, Captains!

    It's that time once again. GD Aruspex, Lead Designer of Battle Pirates, is back with another missive regarding the State of the Game as we head into the new year!

    Let's take a look!


    --------------


    Arrr Captains!

    The end of the year is upon us and it’s time to cover the State of the Game for Battle Pirates!

    Return of the Four Month Cycle!

    In 2017 we took our 4 target types (Siege, Garrison, Assault, and Skirmish) and gave them their own 3 month raid cycle. As we progressed through each cycle, we learned that some target types are easier to transition into than others. Further, instead of creating another three month cycle where you did nothing but Garrison combat, we are moving Garrison into its own Forsaken Mission cycle. This means Garrison is now officially outside of the raid structure (more on this below). Finally, we’re expanding the length of each of the three remaining raid cycles to 4 months, similar to the pace we had in 2016.

    Siege now runs from January to April, Assault now runs from May to August, and Skirmish is September on. The new Garrison cycle begins in March, and runs offset from the regular raid cycle to ease pressure on shipyards, every four months as well.

    The basic structure remains the same: The hull, weapon, and special are earnable, then the flagship. After the flagship we then offer some optional escalations. Along the way we are re-introducing the concept of refittable TacMods, in the form of a specialized “battle bridge” structure on your hull called a “CIC” (Combat Information Center).

    Each CIC promotes the styles of gameplay the hull is best at and allows you to create specialized fleets. Examples include the Forsaken (Auto) hull getting a series of defensive bonuses from its matched CIC (Impact CIC), whereas the Draconian (Skill) hull will get a series of utility bonuses from their matched CICs (Mercy and Capacitor CICs). CICs have limited ability to be used on other hulls, and there will be multiple CICs for each cycle hull. CICs are tuned for refitting, allowing you to shift your fleet specializations around as needed.

    This is all made possible with our expanded cycle time of 4 months. We will be posting a hull lifecycle plan shortly as well as a longer explanation of CIC TacMods.

    Garrison Becomes the FM Cycle

    There was a lot of feedback that a dedicated Garrison event cycle at the same time as weekly FM play was not fun (“Three months of nothing but mortars” as one player put it). We will remove the Garrison from the raid cycle and place Garrison on it’s own “FM cycle.” Garrison hulls and gear will remain available in the Event as prizes.

    Garrison can be some of the most fun targets in Battle Pirates. The “mostly buildings, sometimes ships” gameplay works at most range and weapon types. But Garrison also suffers the most when the targets don’t change for months on end. So our solution is to spice up Garrison every four months and offer specialist hulls for new top targets.

    The Garrison/FM cycle begins in March and updates every three months (March, July, October), offset from the regular Event cycle to reduce pressure on the shipyards. Just like with the regular raid cycle, we will be phasing out top targets and bringing in new ones throughout each cycle. During this new cycle we will offer one new T7 hull, weapon, special, and CIC battle bridge that is optimized toward these new top targets.

    The goal is to promote more variety of Garrison gameplay and provide a set of T7 tools to attack them. Because of this, we’re committed to maintaining all three hulls (codenamed “Xavier, Ygritte, and Zaphod”) as viable throughout the year.

    If you choose to invest in each new hull that comes through, you will find your ships optimized for the newest targets. The FM is about efficiency when you do it week after week, so our goal with Garrison in 2018 is to provide higher efficiency as the goal in the newest targets. In most targets the newest hulls will play the fastest. Your older T7 Garrison hulls will work as well, just not as efficiently.

    Thanks to CICs, we expect smart players to find a way to mix and match their battle bridges to create surprising Garrison hybrid fleets. Since we are committed to all Garrison T7 hulls being viable throughout the year, this is an expected outcome of this new cycle!

    Expeditions Embarking Soon!

    When we sat down to look at reducing the amount of time you spend gaining advanced resources (Uranium, Titanium, and Base Parts), we realized that the best way to reward expert players was not to ask them to do the same combat many times, but to give many results from the same single combat. We also wanted to remove repair from being a limiting factor on resource gain. Basically, we wanted to find a way to create “Resource Blitz” without requiring coin.

    Enter Expeditions. Select one of the three resources. Then select a fleet to go get that resource. Then fight a single battle for that resource. Based on how well you do, a cycle time will be set for you to get that resource. Without any further action, your fleet will automatically go back and forth, collecting that resource (off map) and returning it on schedule.

    Your Expedition fleet will continue to do this automatically: leaving for a set amount of time based on your combat performance in the target and then returning with the resource. The fleet will continue gathering that resource until you recall the fleet or an overall resource timer ends.

    When the fleet is recalled or the overall timer ends it is available immediately and fully repaired for your use.

    Players may choose to unlock more than one slot for each Expedition resource, embarking multiple fleets to gather resources. However, there is a catch -- each time a fleet drops off resources, the total amount of resource per trip decreases.

    The goal is to give all players a basic, easy-to-understand system for automatically gaining resources, and also to give those of you who want a little more strategy and complexity the option of managing multiple fleets at once.

    Look for a video and write-up on the forums explaining Expeditions and the strategies behind automated resource gathering.

    Lower Weapon Build Times

    Earlier this year we established a new set of rules for weapon build times to bring back down total fleet build time. After watching how it performed, we’re reducing all pre-T6 and a few remaining T6 weapons to this new formula, resulting in many times being cut by half or more. This should shave many hours off most hull builds.

    To promote newer players, we also cut build times to the bone for Research weapons, giving players in that area of the game a considerable leg-up to get to the mid-game quicker. Early game blueprints will use the new formula but not be so dramatically reduced.

    Good luck, Captains!

    Why are they releasing more junk when they haven't released the previous junk from 3 months ago like  threat level red in sector? Not to include ship build reduction, I've been looking at the same messages on the game for over a year saying they're going to reduce build times for ships, but I guess its just a way to keep the game alive for a few more months, until other players catch on and figure out kixeye is lying about 1/2 the stuff that is posted up by mods.
    They have just severely cut down on build times on weapons which cuts down build times on ships... Its amazing when people don't read or at least look through threads then immediately whine about something...
    i understand cutting back on build time but this has been going on for over a year now on the reductions, but not everything has been reduced yet. Looking at some hulls why does it take 4 days to build a regular hull and 3-4 times that to make a flagship kind of over board when you look at raid cycles you get the new hulls, specials, and weapons but it takes 2 months to get the fleet built and ranked unless you spend $500 to coin them. Plus they introduced baseparts to cut down on building times, then they change it to where you cant use baseparts on certain turrets and buildings. If thats the cause then why even offer it if its going to be useless in 2-3 months from when you release it. I play plenty of other games and the content change is nothing like this every other week there is an issue that constantly comes up when they update to the normal update they have.
    dunno what you're doing, but i have both fleets fully built for this raid series, without even using all available tokens for a total of $0.
    Not sure you read or understood everything i typed. It takes about 115 days to build a full fleet of Hunter MK1s with Apex flag which is actually right to what i said before it takes over 2-3 months to build a full fleet for raid. Unless you coin it or use tokens on it. And dont tell me you had over 115 days of Mk1 build tokens cause i know thats a lie, not to include the build times for fangs at over 110 days for a full fleet. SO your either coining or cheating, because i highly doubt you had 240 days worth of build tokens stashed away for these hulls.
    Don't know about you but I had 4 hunters built by the 1st raid of the cycle and a 5th (never built or needed the apex) the FM after the 1st raid...  Still dont have or want the apex built (although I have the bp) since the 2nd cycle my fleet got me near 300 mil... I an not even building my Fangs for this raid I have something else in mind for that fleet but the hunters are all escalated and ready for next week... FM tokens + TLC tokens did it for me.
    He said he had both fleets built and still had tokens left over so theres no possible way to have 240 days of ship build time done with just tokens in 3 months. Unless yet again hes either coining or cheating. Simple fact
    Bort said what Bort said, doesn't matter...  What I am saying is that you could have gotten everything you have ever wanted for free out of both raids without having both fleets built or even a flagship, I did.

    some people have very low expectations, others of us are probably better players, requiring higher expectations ]

  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    SixOfNine said:
    One key word missing in this update " Bounty " ...  It in itself is another monthly RAID and with it you have doomed most players to never getting pvp TECH before you obsolete it.   It is a game life sucking POS for many pirates... sit in front of your PC for hours preying for a "JackPot" 100 or 89 to give you the chance to get enough points for a half decent prize; only to have every other pirate in the  game doing the exact same thing.     

    Only good thing it does is it encourages one to drink copious amounts of RUM and wonder why they continue to play this game  .... so what is happening with "Bounty" in 2018 eh?
    Why are you complaining about bounty?  it is not mandatory... if you don't like it or can't do it don't sign up... And if you tell me you cant get the pvp tech then i have to ask where you were the last 2 raids when BUS and Twinblade were offered and Twinblade was dirt cheap at that...
    I don't do bounty, therefore I am now locked out of PVP..that is a fact

  • blackhawk4040
    blackhawk4040
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,817
    Milo-Ant said:

    some people have very low expectations, others of us are probably better players, requiring higher expectations ]

    Or is it that their expectations are much over the head of their skill level?  That seems to fit better...
  • orioles506
    orioles506
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 261
    So, let me get this straight... No one was asking for the FM to change, and it was changed early plus multiple times. Now we are being told that It's gonna change multiple time within a year, but it's ok because we don't have to build a garrison fleet for a raid cycle. Seriously, this is just ridiculous. Now there is a guarantee that the FM fleet will have to either be built or refit multiple time a year while still making time for raid fleets while kix also begins to eliminate ship build tokens. This does not keep the game fresh All this is doing is causing anger within the community. 
    Come on bryan don't be one of the tinfoil hat gang...  This change really seems like it is going to be better for all of us... If kix does it like Aruspex is saying...  Your 1st fleet will be viable all year this way... Not the best... And if you want you can always build better...  Seems to me like they are attempting to add a little player creativity back into this...
    kinda thinking it's a little late for the creativity to be put back into game , as for the SOTG, gotta show me, heard this song and dance before, sadly
  • Ryan Baum
    Ryan Baum
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 136
    The Garrison/FM cycle begins in March and updates every three months (March, July, October), offset from the regular Event cycle to reduce pressure on the shipyards.


    IDK about you but March to july is 4 months and then july to october is 3.. Please explain. 

  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,696
    Sounds interesting.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Moderator
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 15,850
    Ryan Baum said:
    The Garrison/FM cycle begins in March and updates every three months (March, July, October), offset from the regular Event cycle to reduce pressure on the shipyards.


    IDK about you but March to july is 4 months and then july to october is 3.. Please explain. 

    Sounds like the 3rd month of each cycle, so should be 4 months. And October should be November.

    A little further down it also mentions three hulls by name.
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    Milo-Ant said:

    some people have very low expectations, others of us are probably better players, requiring higher expectations ]

    Or is it that their expectations are much over the head of their skill level?  That seems to fit better...

    my skill is fine, that's why you see me on the top of the leaderboard.....................and why I don't expect folks winning Apollos being happy when they need phoenix..if you get the anology?

  • Rockstar2k15
    Rockstar2k15
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 815
    Not sure if anyone said this yet, but "Increase Dock limit?"
  • Bob of the North
    Bob of the North
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 343
    Return of the Four Month Cycle!

    Now that is a good start

     specialized “battle bridge” structure on your hull called a “CIC” (Combat Information Center).

    This is interesting, could be very good if done right.

    The Garrison/FM cycle begins in March and updates every three months (March, July, October), offset from the regular Event cycle to reduce pressure on the shipyards. Just like with the regular raid cycle, we will be phasing out top targets and bringing in new ones throughout each cycle

    This caused 159 pages on one thread, lots of players to leave and people to stop coining... REALLY!!!

    Expeditions Embarking Soon!

    When we sat down to look at reducing the amount of time you spend gaining advanced resources (Uranium, Titanium, and Base Parts), we realized that the best way to reward expert players was not to ask them to do the same combat many times, but to give many results from the same single combat. We also wanted to remove repair from being a limiting factor on resource gain. Basically, we wanted to find a way to create “Resource Blitz” without requiring coin.


    This sounds great, no repair, reduced chore and no coining. Do we get regular resources also?


    Lower Weapon Build Times


    Another step in the right direction.


    Fix the FM portion of this and you wont have a MUTINY!!!

  • Fubar_17
    Fubar_17
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 91
    Good grief. Don't you guys even listen. :( We just asked for the raid time to go to the original cycle of 4 months, not for more complexity, seat time & mind-numbingly boring chores. Please, please, please ... slow the heck down. If most people are like me, and from the comments so far it appears they are, all this will do is make them coin less and play less. 
  • michaelg21
    michaelg21
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 2,196
    After looking at the State of the Game-it appears interesting at face value. I think some players may be overthinking what Kix is proposing. They said adjustments to the FM-they didn't say redo it. The adjustments may just be change out a ship or two, move a position or a turret. The Expedition idea reminds me of the old mining fleets-except that they are safe from snipers. You did NOT indicate how much the loads decrease each time-so guys it could be just a couple percent then you can renew it. You can't expect EVERYTHING to be free and no effort. We knew Tier 7 stuff was coming out. But agreeing with others-the swing of over powered ships STILL COME TO MIND. If you can maintain a reasonable balance of power AND variety this would be an ideal way to go. But please no major revisions of the FM-we don't need a mutiny like we just had.
  • Dan Gibson
    Dan Gibson
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 562
    SixOfNine said:
    One key word missing in this update " Bounty " ...  It in itself is another monthly RAID and with it you have doomed most players to never getting pvp TECH before you obsolete it.   It is a game life sucking POS for many pirates... sit in front of your PC for hours preying for a "JackPot" 100 or 89 to give you the chance to get enough points for a half decent prize; only to have every other pirate in the  game doing the exact same thing.     

    Only good thing it does is it encourages one to drink copious amounts of RUM and wonder why they continue to play this game  .... so what is happening with "Bounty" in 2018 eh?
    Why are you complaining about bounty?  it is not mandatory... if you don't like it or can't do it don't sign up... And if you tell me you cant get the pvp tech then i have to ask where you were the last 2 raids when BUS and Twinblade were offered and Twinblade was dirt cheap at that...
    offered never means that they are achievable by the average players

  • Kalidor55
    Kalidor55
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 2,260
    Well we should all sit down, relax and wait.

    This is just an other State of the game.  And historically, this is what happen:

    25% of it is just lies
    25% will never be implemented
    And the remaining 50% will be bugeed at first, part of it will be fix after we cry for days in forum and an other part will be just left to die.

    Speaking of dying, anyone noticed there is nothing on those marvelous Hyperion ll !!!!
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    bort said:

    Greetings, Captains!

    It's that time once again. GD Aruspex, Lead Designer of Battle Pirates, is back with another missive regarding the State of the Game as we head into the new year!

    Let's take a look!


    --------------


    Arrr Captains!

    The end of the year is upon us and it’s time to cover the State of the Game for Battle Pirates!

    Return of the Four Month Cycle!

    In 2017 we took our 4 target types (Siege, Garrison, Assault, and Skirmish) and gave them their own 3 month raid cycle. As we progressed through each cycle, we learned that some target types are easier to transition into than others. Further, instead of creating another three month cycle where you did nothing but Garrison combat, we are moving Garrison into its own Forsaken Mission cycle. This means Garrison is now officially outside of the raid structure (more on this below). Finally, we’re expanding the length of each of the three remaining raid cycles to 4 months, similar to the pace we had in 2016.

    Siege now runs from January to April, Assault now runs from May to August, and Skirmish is September on. The new Garrison cycle begins in March, and runs offset from the regular raid cycle to ease pressure on shipyards, every four months as well.

    The basic structure remains the same: The hull, weapon, and special are earnable, then the flagship. After the flagship we then offer some optional escalations. Along the way we are re-introducing the concept of refittable TacMods, in the form of a specialized “battle bridge” structure on your hull called a “CIC” (Combat Information Center).

    Each CIC promotes the styles of gameplay the hull is best at and allows you to create specialized fleets. Examples include the Forsaken (Auto) hull getting a series of defensive bonuses from its matched CIC (Impact CIC), whereas the Draconian (Skill) hull will get a series of utility bonuses from their matched CICs (Mercy and Capacitor CICs). CICs have limited ability to be used on other hulls, and there will be multiple CICs for each cycle hull. CICs are tuned for refitting, allowing you to shift your fleet specializations around as needed.

    This is all made possible with our expanded cycle time of 4 months. We will be posting a hull lifecycle plan shortly as well as a longer explanation of CIC TacMods.

    Garrison Becomes the FM Cycle

    There was a lot of feedback that a dedicated Garrison event cycle at the same time as weekly FM play was not fun (“Three months of nothing but mortars” as one player put it). We will remove the Garrison from the raid cycle and place Garrison on it’s own “FM cycle.” Garrison hulls and gear will remain available in the Event as prizes.

    Garrison can be some of the most fun targets in Battle Pirates. The “mostly buildings, sometimes ships” gameplay works at most range and weapon types. But Garrison also suffers the most when the targets don’t change for months on end. So our solution is to spice up Garrison every four months and offer specialist hulls for new top targets.

    The Garrison/FM cycle begins in March and updates every three months (March, July, October), offset from the regular Event cycle to reduce pressure on the shipyards. Just like with the regular raid cycle, we will be phasing out top targets and bringing in new ones throughout each cycle. During this new cycle we will offer one new T7 hull, weapon, special, and CIC battle bridge that is optimized toward these new top targets.

    The goal is to promote more variety of Garrison gameplay and provide a set of T7 tools to attack them. Because of this, we’re committed to maintaining all three hulls (codenamed “Xavier, Ygritte, and Zaphod”) as viable throughout the year.

    If you choose to invest in each new hull that comes through, you will find your ships optimized for the newest targets. The FM is about efficiency when you do it week after week, so our goal with Garrison in 2018 is to provide higher efficiency as the goal in the newest targets. In most targets the newest hulls will play the fastest. Your older T7 Garrison hulls will work as well, just not as efficiently.

    Thanks to CICs, we expect smart players to find a way to mix and match their battle bridges to create surprising Garrison hybrid fleets. Since we are committed to all Garrison T7 hulls being viable throughout the year, this is an expected outcome of this new cycle!

    Expeditions Embarking Soon!

    When we sat down to look at reducing the amount of time you spend gaining advanced resources (Uranium, Titanium, and Base Parts), we realized that the best way to reward expert players was not to ask them to do the same combat many times, but to give many results from the same single combat. We also wanted to remove repair from being a limiting factor on resource gain. Basically, we wanted to find a way to create “Resource Blitz” without requiring coin.

    Enter Expeditions. Select one of the three resources. Then select a fleet to go get that resource. Then fight a single battle for that resource. Based on how well you do, a cycle time will be set for you to get that resource. Without any further action, your fleet will automatically go back and forth, collecting that resource (off map) and returning it on schedule.

    Your Expedition fleet will continue to do this automatically: leaving for a set amount of time based on your combat performance in the target and then returning with the resource. The fleet will continue gathering that resource until you recall the fleet or an overall resource timer ends.

    When the fleet is recalled or the overall timer ends it is available immediately and fully repaired for your use.

    Players may choose to unlock more than one slot for each Expedition resource, embarking multiple fleets to gather resources. However, there is a catch -- each time a fleet drops off resources, the total amount of resource per trip decreases.

    The goal is to give all players a basic, easy-to-understand system for automatically gaining resources, and also to give those of you who want a little more strategy and complexity the option of managing multiple fleets at once.

    Look for a video and write-up on the forums explaining Expeditions and the strategies behind automated resource gathering.

    Lower Weapon Build Times

    Earlier this year we established a new set of rules for weapon build times to bring back down total fleet build time. After watching how it performed, we’re reducing all pre-T6 and a few remaining T6 weapons to this new formula, resulting in many times being cut by half or more. This should shave many hours off most hull builds.

    To promote newer players, we also cut build times to the bone for Research weapons, giving players in that area of the game a considerable leg-up to get to the mid-game quicker. Early game blueprints will use the new formula but not be so dramatically reduced.

    Good luck, Captains!

    Why are they releasing more junk when they haven't released the previous junk from 3 months ago like  threat level red in sector? Not to include ship build reduction, I've been looking at the same messages on the game for over a year saying they're going to reduce build times for ships, but I guess its just a way to keep the game alive for a few more months, until other players catch on and figure out kixeye is lying about 1/2 the stuff that is posted up by mods.
    They have just severely cut down on build times on weapons which cuts down build times on ships... Its amazing when people don't read or at least look through threads then immediately whine about something...
    i understand cutting back on build time but this has been going on for over a year now on the reductions, but not everything has been reduced yet. Looking at some hulls why does it take 4 days to build a regular hull and 3-4 times that to make a flagship kind of over board when you look at raid cycles you get the new hulls, specials, and weapons but it takes 2 months to get the fleet built and ranked unless you spend $500 to coin them. Plus they introduced baseparts to cut down on building times, then they change it to where you cant use baseparts on certain turrets and buildings. If thats the cause then why even offer it if its going to be useless in 2-3 months from when you release it. I play plenty of other games and the content change is nothing like this every other week there is an issue that constantly comes up when they update to the normal update they have.
    dunno what you're doing, but i have both fleets fully built for this raid series, without even using all available tokens for a total of $0.
    Not sure you read or understood everything i typed. It takes about 115 days to build a full fleet of Hunter MK1s with Apex flag which is actually right to what i said before it takes over 2-3 months to build a full fleet for raid. Unless you coin it or use tokens on it. And dont tell me you had over 115 days of Mk1 build tokens cause i know thats a lie, not to include the build times for fangs at over 110 days for a full fleet. SO your either coining or cheating, because i highly doubt you had 240 days worth of build tokens stashed away for these hulls.
    Don't know about you but I had 4 hunters built by the 1st raid of the cycle and a 5th (never built or needed the apex) the FM after the 1st raid...  Still dont have or want the apex built (although I have the bp) since the 2nd cycle my fleet got me near 300 mil... I an not even building my Fangs for this raid I have something else in mind for that fleet but the hunters are all escalated and ready for next week... FM tokens + TLC tokens did it for me.
    He said he had both fleets built and still had tokens left over so theres no possible way to have 240 days of ship build time done with just tokens in 3 months. Unless yet again hes either coining or cheating. Simple fact

    So if you really want to see what i built and when, go to my guide. i think this current series starts on this page somewhere: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/680161/p3

    However, in terms of total build time available, it really is not that hard to work it out.

    Elapsed time: 90 days
    Tokens from previous FM before the raid series in September: 7
    Build tokens each raid Sept onwards: 6+6+6 = 18
    Hunter tokens each raid: cant remember. say 5+5+5 = 15
    TLCs: skirmish tokens: cant remember say 5+5 = 10
    TLCs: hunter tokens: can't remember say 10+10 = 20 (did we actually have 3 tlcs?)
    TLCs: apex tokens: cant remember say 5 (there were more than that)
    FM tokens: 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+5+6 = 81

    Total = 246

    i've been a bit conservative there as i've noted. we were given even more tokens than that. (and obviously have been with hunters/apex).

    game is just not that hard. tokens are given out like candy.

    so no, not cheating and not coining. and not stupid. simple fact.
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,229
    Ray_P said:
    The duality of the raid cycle and the FM targets changing every three months sounds together like a bad idea.  I don't think many Captain's really care about the boredom of hitting targets with a mort fleet as opposed to have something stable that they can hit and finish quickly and not use precious SY resources and not have the right tech against ever changing targets.


    Clearly I think you guys need to have your heads checked for ear wax,  if you didn't get the message that players want the basis of the game (The FM) kept stable so they can focus on all the other chores which are dumped on them there is little probability of long term success.   This giveth and take it away strategy does nothing to enhance player satisfaction. 
    If i understood it correctly, the FM changes every four months, which is the third month of every cycle.
  • tee.fragall
    tee.fragall
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 357
    bort said:
    bort said:

    Greetings, Captains!

    It's that time once again. GD Aruspex, Lead Designer of Battle Pirates, is back with another missive regarding the State of the Game as we head into the new year!

    Let's take a look!


    --------------


    Arrr Captains!

    The end of the year is upon us and it’s time to cover the State of the Game for Battle Pirates!

    Return of the Four Month Cycle!

    In 2017 we took our 4 target types (Siege, Garrison, Assault, and Skirmish) and gave them their own 3 month raid cycle. As we progressed through each cycle, we learned that some target types are easier to transition into than others. Further, instead of creating another three month cycle where you did nothing but Garrison combat, we are moving Garrison into its own Forsaken Mission cycle. This means Garrison is now officially outside of the raid structure (more on this below). Finally, we’re expanding the length of each of the three remaining raid cycles to 4 months, similar to the pace we had in 2016.

    Siege now runs from January to April, Assault now runs from May to August, and Skirmish is September on. The new Garrison cycle begins in March, and runs offset from the regular raid cycle to ease pressure on shipyards, every four months as well.

    The basic structure remains the same: The hull, weapon, and special are earnable, then the flagship. After the flagship we then offer some optional escalations. Along the way we are re-introducing the concept of refittable TacMods, in the form of a specialized “battle bridge” structure on your hull called a “CIC” (Combat Information Center).

    Each CIC promotes the styles of gameplay the hull is best at and allows you to create specialized fleets. Examples include the Forsaken (Auto) hull getting a series of defensive bonuses from its matched CIC (Impact CIC), whereas the Draconian (Skill) hull will get a series of utility bonuses from their matched CICs (Mercy and Capacitor CICs). CICs have limited ability to be used on other hulls, and there will be multiple CICs for each cycle hull. CICs are tuned for refitting, allowing you to shift your fleet specializations around as needed.

    This is all made possible with our expanded cycle time of 4 months. We will be posting a hull lifecycle plan shortly as well as a longer explanation of CIC TacMods.

    Garrison Becomes the FM Cycle

    There was a lot of feedback that a dedicated Garrison event cycle at the same time as weekly FM play was not fun (“Three months of nothing but mortars” as one player put it). We will remove the Garrison from the raid cycle and place Garrison on it’s own “FM cycle.” Garrison hulls and gear will remain available in the Event as prizes.

    Garrison can be some of the most fun targets in Battle Pirates. The “mostly buildings, sometimes ships” gameplay works at most range and weapon types. But Garrison also suffers the most when the targets don’t change for months on end. So our solution is to spice up Garrison every four months and offer specialist hulls for new top targets.

    The Garrison/FM cycle begins in March and updates every three months (March, July, October), offset from the regular Event cycle to reduce pressure on the shipyards. Just like with the regular raid cycle, we will be phasing out top targets and bringing in new ones throughout each cycle. During this new cycle we will offer one new T7 hull, weapon, special, and CIC battle bridge that is optimized toward these new top targets.

    The goal is to promote more variety of Garrison gameplay and provide a set of T7 tools to attack them. Because of this, we’re committed to maintaining all three hulls (codenamed “Xavier, Ygritte, and Zaphod”) as viable throughout the year.

    If you choose to invest in each new hull that comes through, you will find your ships optimized for the newest targets. The FM is about efficiency when you do it week after week, so our goal with Garrison in 2018 is to provide higher efficiency as the goal in the newest targets. In most targets the newest hulls will play the fastest. Your older T7 Garrison hulls will work as well, just not as efficiently.

    Thanks to CICs, we expect smart players to find a way to mix and match their battle bridges to create surprising Garrison hybrid fleets. Since we are committed to all Garrison T7 hulls being viable throughout the year, this is an expected outcome of this new cycle!

    Expeditions Embarking Soon!

    When we sat down to look at reducing the amount of time you spend gaining advanced resources (Uranium, Titanium, and Base Parts), we realized that the best way to reward expert players was not to ask them to do the same combat many times, but to give many results from the same single combat. We also wanted to remove repair from being a limiting factor on resource gain. Basically, we wanted to find a way to create “Resource Blitz” without requiring coin.

    Enter Expeditions. Select one of the three resources. Then select a fleet to go get that resource. Then fight a single battle for that resource. Based on how well you do, a cycle time will be set for you to get that resource. Without any further action, your fleet will automatically go back and forth, collecting that resource (off map) and returning it on schedule.

    Your Expedition fleet will continue to do this automatically: leaving for a set amount of time based on your combat performance in the target and then returning with the resource. The fleet will continue gathering that resource until you recall the fleet or an overall resource timer ends.

    When the fleet is recalled or the overall timer ends it is available immediately and fully repaired for your use.

    Players may choose to unlock more than one slot for each Expedition resource, embarking multiple fleets to gather resources. However, there is a catch -- each time a fleet drops off resources, the total amount of resource per trip decreases.

    The goal is to give all players a basic, easy-to-understand system for automatically gaining resources, and also to give those of you who want a little more strategy and complexity the option of managing multiple fleets at once.

    Look for a video and write-up on the forums explaining Expeditions and the strategies behind automated resource gathering.

    Lower Weapon Build Times

    Earlier this year we established a new set of rules for weapon build times to bring back down total fleet build time. After watching how it performed, we’re reducing all pre-T6 and a few remaining T6 weapons to this new formula, resulting in many times being cut by half or more. This should shave many hours off most hull builds.

    To promote newer players, we also cut build times to the bone for Research weapons, giving players in that area of the game a considerable leg-up to get to the mid-game quicker. Early game blueprints will use the new formula but not be so dramatically reduced.

    Good luck, Captains!

    Why are they releasing more junk when they haven't released the previous junk from 3 months ago like  threat level red in sector? Not to include ship build reduction, I've been looking at the same messages on the game for over a year saying they're going to reduce build times for ships, but I guess its just a way to keep the game alive for a few more months, until other players catch on and figure out kixeye is lying about 1/2 the stuff that is posted up by mods.
    They have just severely cut down on build times on weapons which cuts down build times on ships... Its amazing when people don't read or at least look through threads then immediately whine about something...
    i understand cutting back on build time but this has been going on for over a year now on the reductions, but not everything has been reduced yet. Looking at some hulls why does it take 4 days to build a regular hull and 3-4 times that to make a flagship kind of over board when you look at raid cycles you get the new hulls, specials, and weapons but it takes 2 months to get the fleet built and ranked unless you spend $500 to coin them. Plus they introduced baseparts to cut down on building times, then they change it to where you cant use baseparts on certain turrets and buildings. If thats the cause then why even offer it if its going to be useless in 2-3 months from when you release it. I play plenty of other games and the content change is nothing like this every other week there is an issue that constantly comes up when they update to the normal update they have.
    dunno what you're doing, but i have both fleets fully built for this raid series, without even using all available tokens for a total of $0.
    Not sure you read or understood everything i typed. It takes about 115 days to build a full fleet of Hunter MK1s with Apex flag which is actually right to what i said before it takes over 2-3 months to build a full fleet for raid. Unless you coin it or use tokens on it. And dont tell me you had over 115 days of Mk1 build tokens cause i know thats a lie, not to include the build times for fangs at over 110 days for a full fleet. SO your either coining or cheating, because i highly doubt you had 240 days worth of build tokens stashed away for these hulls.
    Don't know about you but I had 4 hunters built by the 1st raid of the cycle and a 5th (never built or needed the apex) the FM after the 1st raid...  Still dont have or want the apex built (although I have the bp) since the 2nd cycle my fleet got me near 300 mil... I an not even building my Fangs for this raid I have something else in mind for that fleet but the hunters are all escalated and ready for next week... FM tokens + TLC tokens did it for me.
    He said he had both fleets built and still had tokens left over so theres no possible way to have 240 days of ship build time done with just tokens in 3 months. Unless yet again hes either coining or cheating. Simple fact

    So if you really want to see what i built and when, go to my guide. i think this current series starts on this page somewhere: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/680161/p3

    However, in terms of total build time available, it really is not that hard to work it out.

    Elapsed time: 90 days
    Tokens from previous FM before the raid series in September: 7
    Build tokens each raid Sept onwards: 6+6+6 = 18
    Hunter tokens each raid: cant remember. say 5+5+5 = 15
    TLCs: skirmish tokens: cant remember say 5+5 = 10
    TLCs: hunter tokens: can't remember say 10+10 = 20 (did we actually have 3 tlcs?)
    TLCs: apex tokens: cant remember say 5 (there were more than that)
    FM tokens: 10+10+10+10+10+10+10+5+6 = 81

    Total = 246

    i've been a bit conservative there as i've noted. we were given even more tokens than that. (and obviously have been with hunters/apex).

    game is just not that hard. tokens are given out like candy.

    so no, not cheating and not coining. and not stupid. simple fact.
    More simple facts:

    1. Yes there were 3 TLC's so add ~10

    2. Apex tokens were 4 for the last 2 TLC's so 8 instead of 5. 

    Not going to count up what I did for FM tokens other than max out what I could and what that equals is:

    3. Bort is not the only one that completed both fleets without coining or cheating. 
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    Ray_P said:
    The duality of the raid cycle and the FM targets changing every three months sounds together like a bad idea.  I don't think many Captain's really care about the boredom of hitting targets with a mort fleet as opposed to have something stable that they can hit and finish quickly and not use precious SY resources and not have the right tech against ever changing targets.


    Clearly I think you guys need to have your heads checked for ear wax,  if you didn't get the message that players want the basis of the game (The FM) kept stable so they can focus on all the other chores which are dumped on them there is little probability of long term success.   This giveth and take it away strategy does nothing to enhance player satisfaction. 
    If i understood it correctly, the FM changes every four months, which is the third month of every cycle.
    The Garrison/FM cycle begins in March and updates every three months (March, July, October)
    Ray_P   


    Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

    Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

    Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • Nicholas Soong
    Nicholas Soong
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 159

    Ok honestly I like all the proposed changes except the thing regarding FM. Sounds a bit much tbh. I think their line of thought was... Hey we are reducing the amount of chore time to gather Uranium, Base Parts and Titanium it might be fair to now really mess with the FM.

    Also I am not liking how little was said to changes in PVP. Right now attacking and defending are on a runaway power creep. Kings Writ comes out? Let’s dump the Hope in there. Hope too OP? Let’s throw in insert ship name here in. Honestly it’s a hot effing mess. I just ask that Kixeye give players the option to completely switch to PVE. Before ppl here bring up the name of the game and it’s original intention... let’s be real here that ship has long sailed and it’s out the window with all this PVE stuff. For me PvP has two options right now. Restore the balance where no one hull has a superior advantage to other hulls and can be countered by a different conqueror. Or Throw PvP our the window and just reform it into a PvE game. PvP right now is nothing more than an insect for me to swat whenever I log on. It’s just there being meaningless and not contributing anything to my playstyle. Some ppl will still want to pvp and that’s fine but just give an option to players like me to turn off PvP for one’s self.

    Hmm, what wacky thing should I say? Oh Sod it I can't be bothered of thinking something smart to say.
  • Carnegie_SIASS
    Carnegie_SIASS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 380
    The last state of game mentions reducing chores, this state of game tells us we now need to build/refit garrison fleets more, add in titanium cost in new shipyard, yeah great job on reducing chores kixeye,  maybe expeditions will help but you probably screw that up as well.

    I just don't understand how you can screw things up so bad, how you can look at all the recent complaints on FM, and not see how bad an idea it is to do what you planning with FM/garrison,  not see that players will instantly be disappointed over more shipyard time committed to the FM each year.

    Putting aside the fact you have to use titanium in new conquest yard, it appears any time that conquest yard would save players, would then be transferred over to building new or refitting old garrison fleets for the FM. so therefore players are not saving any shipyard time, which defeats the whole purpose of helping players.

    I just don't understand your thinking kixeye, I can only presume you deliberately trying to kill battle pirates, surely you can't be that stupid to think players want this?

    The saying goes, if its not broke, don't fix it.    There was nothing wrong with 3 month cycles, it was perfect  , it was clear on what we needed to do and when we needed to build a hull class.  Once you figure out a PVE target, eventually it going get boring, no matter what hull class it is. So the extended raid cycles actually make the PVE side more boring.

    But as someone posted in this forum f**k  it ,  its not like kixeye EVER going to listen to players, I give up.  
  • jack the reaper
    jack the reaper
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 388
    u know i read the post here almost daily and i never heard anyone ask for a permanent garrison fm.  not one time .  I'd have thought there wold have been more then a few for kixeye to consider it .   What uve come up with is just a plain bad idea.  now we have to keep up with 3 ship types tech wise all the time instead of just a pve and a pvp.  now we get to add builiding/updating a pfm fleet too.  kixeye u realy starting to make it hard to keep the fun in the game.  How many more changes will u make to the fm before uve alienated so many players that ur cash cow dies ? 
Sign In or Register to comment.