FM / Update Discussion 11/1

• Papa Cap
    Papa Cap
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 364
    Just hit my first 115 since the latest update (been doing TLCs for a few days).  Ouch.  I should have realized the UAV ships would chain back to my Monos, but I had a brain fart.  After that, I used my IB fleet to take out those ships, and my Z/Mono fleet for the other bits.  Next run should not be so painful, but so far I'm not viewing this change as an improvement.  I'm looking at about 15 hours of damage (was getting about 2.5 hours last FM), which will actually be longer since one fleet will finish repairing while I'm asleep (Kix, can you work on letting us queue repairs?).  I have 2 of each M/X charged armor on the Zelos, and 1 each on the three IBs in the other fleet.  Charged armor really is a necessity these days, and even then you may take a beating.  Hopefully my next run will be better since I learned something the hard way this time.

There was some discussion earlier about playing multiple accounts, and I'm guilty of trying to actively play 3 accounts, though the third was just an attempt to find out whether or not Kixeye was making things difficult for low-level players.  I started that account in early July (now level 59) and started hitting T4 twice a week after about 2.5 months, so my initial analysis was that it was actually easier now.  After this change, that account can barely do anything in the FM.  I just finished my second Mono on that account, to go with a good Zelos (2 each M/X), so maybe I'll be able to make a dent this week.  Still, one step forward, two steps back.  I can find time to squeeze this stuff in because I don't have a wife/girlfriend or kids or any kind of social life, and my work hours are flexible.  I don't know how anyone with a life and normal job actually gets anything done in this game now, even with just one account.  Maybe it's time for Kixeye to consider giving us a different repair queue per fleet type, so we can repair a garrison fleet, a siege fleet, an assault fleet, and a skirmish fleet all at the same time (perhaps conqueror and defense too, though I already thing PvP should be a completely separate thing from PvE anyway).
    Launched: 5/17/2014  Current Level: 97
  • John.Smith664
    John.Smith664
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 265
    Papa Cap said:
    Just hit my first 115 since the latest update (been doing TLCs for a few days).  Ouch.  I should have realized the UAV ships would chain back to my Monos, but I had a brain fart.  After that, I used my IB fleet to take out those ships, and my Z/Mono fleet for the other bits.  Next run should not be so painful, but so far I'm not viewing this change as an improvement.  I'm looking at about 15 hours of damage (was getting about 2.5 hours last FM), which will actually be longer since one fleet will finish repairing while I'm asleep (Kix, can you work on letting us queue repairs?).  I have 2 of each M/X charged armor on the Zelos, and 1 each on the three IBs in the other fleet.  Charged armor really is a necessity these days, and even then you may take a beating.  Hopefully my next run will be better since I learned something the hard way this time.

There was some discussion earlier about playing multiple accounts, and I'm guilty of trying to actively play 3 accounts, though the third was just an attempt to find out whether or not Kixeye was making things difficult for low-level players.  I started that account in early July (now level 59) and started hitting T4 twice a week after about 2.5 months, so my initial analysis was that it was actually easier now.  After this change, that account can barely do anything in the FM.  I just finished my second Mono on that account, to go with a good Zelos (2 each M/X), so maybe I'll be able to make a dent this week.  Still, one step forward, two steps back.  I can find time to squeeze this stuff in because I don't have a wife/girlfriend or kids or any kind of social life, and my work hours are flexible.  I don't know how anyone with a life and normal job actually gets anything done in this game now, even with just one account.  Maybe it's time for Kixeye to consider giving us a different repair queue per fleet type, so we can repair a garrison fleet, a siege fleet, an assault fleet, and a skirmish fleet all at the same time (perhaps conqueror and defense too, though I already thing PvP should be a completely separate thing from PvE anyway).
    i use 2 zelos tanks and they stop all the UAVs, so if you work on that you should not have to deal with using two fleets for each 115.

• kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 413
    Monday - Kix did an internal testing of the 115
    Tuesday they did testing with their fanboys ( lol not everyone here is guilty as charged )
    Wednesday they implemented the revamped 115
    I, and many other players, still did it with no or minimum damage
    Friday/Saturday they adjusted it based on the players performance
    I now have a 2 hour repair with perfect driving.

Once again, Kix cannot perform their own testing and have to ' GAME their players. I don't care, except that it is fast becoming old and boring to deal with cheaters. Pity the coiners being creamed though.
  • jasebase
    jasebase
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 143
    Has anyone received any tokens in the daily??? Haven't received any the last week....

But FM - I've given up...not good considering that Kix have stated that this is the way moving forward for players to get much needed tech....

Yes to the tech, but not when you need the tech to get the tech - they have their wired crossed and all pulled out - crazy is all I can say
  • mattheusD
    mattheusD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 443
    is it possible to make co-op target for the fm, so that if someone just started with bp or someone who can not be coint helped by a coiner or something
  • dronkey
    dronkey
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 519
    you got given a gift by kix allowing it to be shot down and instead of being grateful at what you did get, all you have is tears for what you didn't get....
  • nowiamthemaster
    nowiamthemaster
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 434
    i want  a  40 $  fleet to be offered that can  do the   new 115  targets for  10 minutes of  repair...  so that  we can  do the  fm without having  to spend  all weekend  grinding the  **** targets
  • dronkey
    dronkey
    Skilled Warrior
    i want  a  40 $  fleet to be offered that can  do the   new 115  targets for  10 minutes of  repair...  so that  we can  do the  fm without having  to spend  all weekend  grinding the  **** targets
    if u have trident missile and zelos,,, 6 trident,  4 phalan, 3 anti and 1 missile for ranging with frontline countermeasure...... you dont need armour and 3 mono which match the speed of zelos... 2 of those zelos builds and mono get 115 for insta repair, zelos and mono tokens are offered every weekly to help players along the way, and mono campaign is currently active for even more tokens if needed
  • dronkey
    dronkey
    Skilled Warrior
    trident must be r15
  • dronkey
    dronkey
    Skilled Warrior
    ali.parr said:
    dronkey said:
    Snaprag said:
    wow you guys are exhausting lol. 

Q: is 5 sprints on a pun enuf to deal with uav ships in a 115?  tyia :)
    The douche wont heed his own words and, nevermind, yer right. Im off of this
    and this is why I quitted trying to reason with him...I'm not gonna sacrifice my IQ in order to try and explain how wrong someone, like this, is...someone whose as much of a self-centered, self-righteous, repulsive, pompous jackass as this individual is.

as I said before dronkey, eat a d!ck...anything you say has no power...your nothing but a clown, so go ahead and dribble me something more to laugh at.
    sorry we cant all be nubs who want to whine and flag posts but wonder why they can't get anything done, if you put half effort in to game as you did forum maybe you wouldn't have the issues you do, a clown who was trying to help people by saying originally all you need is 2 tanks, but no i find clowns who want to complain about trident or TLCs or anything but what the post was about, and they are really surprised that they can't do anything, were not they are not interested in listening to help, they are the type of players who deserve to always be behind, not bright enough to catch up. also not bright enough to listen to advice without complaining about something else.
    Complaining about complaining, whatever next.
    not sure maybe they'll actually play the game and build the fleet 30 people keep recommending 
  • Don Willis
    Don Willis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 501
    Welcome to the 28 day per month raid cycle.
  • carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,081
    dronkey said:
    dronkey said:

you know what, you win, I lose, you know everything, I know nothing, that's what you wanted so congrats and have a nice day.

victory is yours bluh bluh bluh, eat a ****.
    its hardly what i wanted lol, this post was to advise those who use zelos tank and monos to do a weekly the fix is pretty simple, build 1 more zelos and run 2 tanks, those that dont have this fleet have you not seen it is all most have been using for a year and it is not exactly a over the price change, yes building 1 ship is a **** but it could be worse.... people would rather argue the point than see we are trying to help by saying build an extra tank
    Try to understand why people are frustrated with the FM change. The ones who HAVE a zelos / mono fleet or had nearly finished one, now have more refits to do and even a new zelos to build. For us high lvls that can get tokens and have a fleet that can do the TLCs for the tokens and eventually get tokens from the FM for the refits this process is a boring chore that ties up our shipyard from building raid fleets. 
    For the low - mid lvls the changes were a disaster. So now instead of concentrating on fleets for raids and chores they have to redo their FM fleet. and with the FM fleet also being the fleet thats needed for call to arms IB and mono campaigns, the best they can hope for is the tokens from packs 1 and 2. I know mid lvls that could grind out t5 each week. now they struggle to get T3 and without the tokens from T5, it will take them ages to refit to do the FM and uses up shipyard time they need to finish their raid fleets. 
    Just 1 zelos with some decent tech is 12 & 1/2 days.
  • dronkey
    dronkey
    Skilled Warrior
    dronkey said:
    dronkey said:

you know what, you win, I lose, you know everything, I know nothing, that's what you wanted so congrats and have a nice day.

victory is yours bluh bluh bluh, eat a ****.
    its hardly what i wanted lol, this post was to advise those who use zelos tank and monos to do a weekly the fix is pretty simple, build 1 more zelos and run 2 tanks, those that dont have this fleet have you not seen it is all most have been using for a year and it is not exactly a over the price change, yes building 1 ship is a **** but it could be worse.... people would rather argue the point than see we are trying to help by saying build an extra tank
    Try to understand why people are frustrated with the FM change. The ones who HAVE a zelos / mono fleet or had nearly finished one, now have more refits to do and even a new zelos to build. For us high lvls that can get tokens and have a fleet that can do the TLCs for the tokens and eventually get tokens from the FM for the refits this process is a boring chore that ties up our shipyard from building raid fleets. 
    For the low - mid lvls the changes were a disaster. So now instead of concentrating on fleets for raids and chores they have to redo their FM fleet. and with the FM fleet also being the fleet thats needed for call to arms IB and mono campaigns, the best they can hope for is the tokens from packs 1 and 2. I know mid lvls that could grind out t5 each week. now they struggle to get T3 and without the tokens from T5, it will take them ages to refit to do the FM and uses up shipyard time they need to finish their raid fleets. 
    Just 1 zelos with some decent tech is 12 & 1/2 days.
    i can completely understand why people would be pissed off, for a couple of hours i was one of them people, all i wanted to do was share a solution i found,and all a lot of people did back was complain about different aspects of why zelos don't shoot down rocket in certain campaigns, or why kix had to even change it again, i think we can both agree that them topics are like literally banging your head off a wall when all you really wanted to do was share what is working rather than talk about what isn't.... it just seems some who return to the game either don't want to build fleet or just the fact kix has made a change again, it's there world all i was trying to do is give the advantage back to people who would take the time to build a second zelos rather than argue finer points of other things that tbh i don't so much care about lol.. i know building zelos is an absolute **** been there done it, ranking one is just as bad, but at least there is a token in weeky if people wanted to redeem it and that is not quite 10 percent of the time but still a bump off the total, and the same again in 3 days..  and tbh in some cases if people have absolutely 0 zelos or monos i dotn know maybe they live in a cave whilst rest grinded our weeklys with them, well there is no real point them building them now because the next future weekly fleet will be on offer in 3/4months when introduced for the garrison raid
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,926

Tank zelos* not rank zelos
    On a cellphone for this as I don't wish to log in via other means

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • JamesEllis
    JamesEllis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 132
    well i finally got this thing figured out lol only took me 2 weeks, i had to grind through 103's with 1 zelos (no tridents/sprints) with 3mono managed to get all 1.1mill points then had to grind more for tokens now i have sprnt on my zelos i could not be happier as i just got used to the 88's then everything changed i was like FK just got my fleet sorted no i am hoping it does not change for a while again, that **** was so frustrating lol
    https://gph.is/2vzUM2N

In Game Name: TwistedSoul - Level: 80 - Alliance: AOZP - Sector: UNKNOWN
  • massimus93
    massimus93
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 24
    edited 20 Nov 2017, 2:51AM
    vWTFv just happened?
  • dronkey
    dronkey
    Skilled Warrior
    well i finally got this thing figured out lol only took me 2 weeks, i had to grind through 103's with 1 zelos (no tridents/sprints) with 3mono managed to get all 1.1mill points then had to grind more for tokens now i have sprnt on my zelos i could not be happier as i just got used to the 88's then everything changed i was like FK just got my fleet sorted no i am hoping it does not change for a while again, that **** was so frustrating lol
    build a second zelos mate when you sort sprite on your first out, drops 115s for insta

and masslmus93, topic got way off topic so a little Mod tlc to get the post back about what it should be about.. the weekly
  • massimus93
    massimus93
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 24
    the topic got way off topic you say?...I wonder how that happened.....hmmmmmmmmm.......
  • WARANGEL_DRC
    WARANGEL_DRC
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 14
    dronkey said:
    if u have trident missile and zelos,,, 6 trident,  4 phalan, 3 anti and 1 missile for ranging with frontline countermeasure...... you dont need armour and 3 mono which match the speed of zelos... 2 of those zelos builds and mono get 115 for insta repair, zelos and mono tokens are offered every weekly to help players along the way, and mono campaign is currently active for even more tokens if needed
    I use 5 quake zelos and do it with zero damage

• dronkey
    dronkey
    Skilled Warrior
    dronkey said:
    I use 5 quake zelos and do it with zero damage

i would be unsure why u need a 40dollar fleet to do it then lol.
  • James Leon
    James Leon
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,739
    Why not just have  a fleet that can do them with lots of repair and then after time and work build a better one using newly won bp? That has worked for  one or two people throughout the years.
    ahava veshalom
  • Papa Cap
    Papa Cap
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 364
    Papa Cap said:

i use 2 zelos tanks and they stop all the UAVs, so if you work on that you should not have to deal with using two fleets for each 115.

What kind of build do you use?
    Launched: 5/17/2014  Current Level: 97
  • Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Ser_Gregor_Clegane
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,926
    kiwis said:
    My biggest issue with new FM it is such a chore now, have to hit 3 times the amount of garrisons to get anywhere. After hitting so many it gets boring like other things in the game now, I thought we were getting rid of chores and now everything is becoming a chore. The fun of the game is kinda gone now.
    Yet another lie from Kixeye.
    "We won't change the FM"
    & then the one about removing chores..
    In one fell swoop, they changed the FM into a chore of the highest magnitude, & told many players who managed with "sub-par" tech to either concentrate on a new FM fleet (forgoing other fleet requirements) or move on. After all, if you can't do the FM to a reasonable level (For many, we'll call this Tier 4) then what point is there in playing the game?

I believe that this sums up how many feel. The wise ones will move on if they can't progress, loss of time & money invested will have to be taken as a lesson learned. But many hoped that it wouldn't be so.

I specialize in wife removal, crushing heads & just violence in general.
    I fear nothing, your pixels are nothing compared to my physical might (8'0", 420lb)
  • John.Smith664
    John.Smith664
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 265
    Papa Cap said:
    Papa Cap said:

What kind of build do you use?
    this is my zelos build

eNqrVsoozcnxdFGyMjE0MdBRKk9NLMjPK1ayijY0MTfWMTSyMEImjC1NoSywLIgwNbUwxUnE6iglFuXmF4EMNNABQ6BQcUFqcmZiDkjQ2MzASMfYxNRQx9jM2ETH1BLIMzcxia0FAD+PJRQ=
  • the undead king
    the undead king
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 29
    edited 20 Nov 2017, 9:19AM
    finally done my first 115, 2 zelos with sprint is the answer and hold the monos back a bit and with careful driving i managed to do it
  • D3x.t3r
    D3x.t3r
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 217
    There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to do it.
  • mike.w.malone
    mike.w.malone
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 35
    what happened to less seat time on fm.?  ok the fm can be done i guess..grind it out even on the 115's ....new fm  massive fail..so disapionted...would like to no witch idiot did this to the fm...and why...id probly get band  or in jail for a day..lol 
  • DRUGOs
    DRUGOs
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 355
    edited 20 Nov 2017, 12:07PM
    i got my tier 5 x 2 using zombie zelos and zombie monos .. by avoiding the ships and the long range coldsnaps i could kill 3 corners and the group of turrets to the right of the gate without taking a single hit ...with practise lol ... first few times i would die with 1 hit since i only had 1 min repair on each boat but anyway .. easy 130 k without the need to repair if any1 wants to try it .. i have since used tokens to refit my monos and refit my zelos and can completly kill the 115 now for insta repair .. 5 sprints and 5 gale 3 and a couple of anti missiles is plenty to deal with the coldsnaps and the uavs and the executioners and morters ... but cant handel the arc missiles so the trick is to NEVER stop moving and dont go making U turns when there is arcs fireing .... but anyway a long post .. i like the new changes good job kix only negative thing i got is that we can claim 3 days of pun/cit/icebreaker/mono but only 1 zelos ... (well its actualy more then 3 of mono/ice but i mean in 1 claim)
  • The Qing
    The Qing
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 2,384

two weeks late to the complaint party my friend...

Playing this game is like trying to row a boat up a waterfall.