FM / Update Discussion 11/1

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    Yendor_S said:
    Yendor_S said:
    all i can say is its all the coiners fault they make the pace for us to fallow the more the coin the harder it gets      play seacraft much more fun 
    let's hear it for the **** who thinks this is the fault of the player base
    not the player base the whales numnuts small to non coiners are fooked because of that might as well face it thats why they change so many things is for more money and as long as the whales pay it will get harder truth hurts but its there in the change in the FM i cant do nothing any more the weekly was my last playable part of this game now all i can do is open cargo sory if i hurt 
    whales

are

part

of

the

player

base

you would seriously blame the victims here? what is wrong with you?
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • Makemyday
    Makemyday
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 74
    Okay, observed a few that are actually Spending Bucket's to try and find a solution and some actually have done very well. The thing is not everyone can afford to spend like tomorrow is the end of day's ! I think if you are not going to reduce  the damage or increase the pts, then at least drastically reduce the build/refit times on the IB's and Zelos/Mono. I think it would be favorable to alot and tbh, a little dollars multiplied by alot of player's is far better than alot of dollar's multiplied by few !
  • Typhoons
    Typhoons
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 2,403

Ffs trying to blame the players for what kid does?How dumb can a person be?

DoomRooster said
    This Warn You 
  • Dazandren
    Dazandren
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,455
    bort said:
    can you stack up an unlimited number of chests?

i believe so.  have seen a couple of people with several dozen built up in the screenshots and videos they have posted of their bases.
  • Capt.Bly
    Capt.Bly
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,623
    I got a 2 day ship build token from tier 4 of the forsaken mission, then I did tier 5 and got 2 of the 2 day tokens, which consequently made me lose a 2 day token, in former forsaken missions u got a 2 day and a 3 day, or a 2 day and a 1 day, so there was no chance of losing a 2 day token!! How is this fair? I think they need to change how many 2 day tokens U can hold if there's a chance of winning 2 of the 2 day tokens from tier 5. I didn't realize there was a chance of winning 2 of the 2 day tokens, I assumed it would be the same format as previous prize awards. Plus I figured the prize from tier 5 was going to be all the days included in ONE token, had no idea it would be awarded in multiple tokens, if it were all awarded in ONE token, there'd be no chance of it being a 2 day knowing that the award is 3 to 9 days.
    players first my ****
  • Lewis Hulatt
    Lewis Hulatt
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 126
    i got 2 day plus 1 day from best chest - lots of effort for less reward it felt.
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    Alex11111 said:
    so where is a response from authority here. We'd like to hear them out...
    I'm thinking the reality maybe that it is what it is and there will be no response.   It's now almost 48 hours since the change,  Congress doesn't take this long.
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • kian
    kian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 234
    I have to say it has become very clear what the players think of the change to the f/m, even a respected mod specs has had a say and that was not favourable so enough said about the change to the f/m.....

The biggest issue is not the change to the f/m but the lack of communication from Kixeye them self......we the player deserve some kind of response (official). customer service is somewhat lacking at this stage..

I would also like to say that this is now an issue that goes beyond customer service and should be addressed much further up the food chain and is now a matter for executive`s and  CEO`s

so get yr thumbs outa yr **** kix and give us an official response to your customers concerns

• R.Melli
    R.Melli
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 78
    all they give a chit about is coin they do not give a fk about the players as this last 48 hours has proved who is going to have the time to do a raid every week plus the other fking chit we have to do to keep up WANKERS the lot of them @ kix
  • CaptainI
    CaptainI
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 507
    As a player here are my thoughts. 

I did not want to write this Wednesday or Thursday as I was still analyzing the situation and while I made my initial thoughts to CM Rampage known, I had time to digest and make sure my initial thoughts were where I stood.

The Garrison raid was last April, that is barely 7 months ago. During that raid we had a change of targets and were told that with the new split the fleets we built for the raid would be good for the next year in PvE content release. Many of the players will remember the Punisher and how awesome that hull was. I even had a video and build that could do the 107 with a single hull. Then they changed to 109 so we would have a target that nullified the punisher a bit (even though with a refit it could still work) and begin to use our new Fleets (Mono and IB). During this time the Zelos was released as a means for those that did not want a specialized hull and wanted a more generalist hull for all seasons. We got a point increase as well with the 109 release.

The players began doing well on the 109 and we then got a point increase and the 113 was released a few months later. It was called a rebalance then too. There was some minor refits to be done and the Zelos became the go to CM tank. But, the learning curve was not that drastic and within a few days my fleet was able to meet the new requirements and keep me along the path. Now These changes are all within the last 7 months and we have had two changes. I did not say much then because my fleet for the Raid was able to do the targets without much difficult. Even my Punisher fleet was able to do the new 109 while I built the monos. 

During these changes I was able to communicate with the lower levels, mid levels, and returning players I was helping and keep them motivated to do the FM and growing within the game. These players are casual players, some do not spend any money, others try to keep up with me in terms of their growth and spend a bit. They were still discourage at every single change because they were not as advanced as I was and it took them weeks to refit (Non-coiners) new counter measures or in some instance they got the Zelos and created a proper CM tank. And then we get the announcement the FM targets were going to change again.

It took everything I had for that week leading up to the first time line to keep them in the game and playing. I told them that the last few changes were not so drastic and I am positive I could find a way to make their fleets work even if it meant doing the new 89 while refits were happening. Boy was i wrong. The refits i have to make are drastic and I am not even sure what to tell them that had fleets that were doing the 88 with some minor difficulties (They are not the best drivers like their teacher impatience is a learned trait I guess) to now being delegated to even lower level targets. It was a major gut punch for them and me. 

Normally I am the one that can be positive and see a way around whatever change is made. And to be honest missing a week is not a big deal to me. But it is a big deal to those I am teaching and are still trying to reach this point in the game I am at. I have watched these guys go through the other changes in the FM. Changes that took them from getting T4 to barely getting T2 two different times. To now they are saying to me "Specs what is the point of making more changes to my fleet, when they will just change the targets again in a few months when we start making progress?" I do not have an answer for them and that is the biggest problem I have with this current change. I have not seen many of them the last day either in the game, we have talked in our facebook group.

As I told CM Rampage - The FM changes this week should have been pushed to the Garrison raid event. I think that would have been fair to the player base. Time will tell how these changes affect the game, for now I am trying to help those I have been teaching to find a little ray of light in this latest change and keep them playing so I have good people to talk to when I am needing a break from life.
    A calm constructive narrative, lets hope the Kix team can see this is one step too far
  • sgary1973
    sgary1973
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 40
    the new fm sucks big time wont waste my fleets on **** points 

• U-sit-2p
    U-sit-2p
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 1,084
    Ray_P said:

I did not want to write this Wednesday or Thursday as I was still analyzing the situation and while I made my initial thoughts to CM Rampage known, I had time to digest and make sure my initial thoughts were where I stood.

The Garrison raid was last April, that is barely 7 months ago. During that raid we had a change of targets and were told that with the new split the fleets we built for the raid would be good for the next year in PvE content release. Many of the players will remember the Punisher and how awesome that hull was. I even had a video and build that could do the 107 with a single hull. Then they changed to 109 so we would have a target that nullified the punisher a bit (even though with a refit it could still work) and begin to use our new Fleets (Mono and IB). During this time the Zelos was released as a means for those that did not want a specialized hull and wanted a more generalist hull for all seasons. We got a point increase as well with the 109 release.

The players began doing well on the 109 and we then got a point increase and the 113 was released a few months later. It was called a rebalance then too. There was some minor refits to be done and the Zelos became the go to CM tank. But, the learning curve was not that drastic and within a few days my fleet was able to meet the new requirements and keep me along the path. Now These changes are all within the last 7 months and we have had two changes. I did not say much then because my fleet for the Raid was able to do the targets without much difficult. Even my Punisher fleet was able to do the new 109 while I built the monos. 

During these changes I was able to communicate with the lower levels, mid levels, and returning players I was helping and keep them motivated to do the FM and growing within the game. These players are casual players, some do not spend any money, others try to keep up with me in terms of their growth and spend a bit. They were still discourage at every single change because they were not as advanced as I was and it took them weeks to refit (Non-coiners) new counter measures or in some instance they got the Zelos and created a proper CM tank. And then we get the announcement the FM targets were going to change again.

It took everything I had for that week leading up to the first time line to keep them in the game and playing. I told them that the last few changes were not so drastic and I am positive I could find a way to make their fleets work even if it meant doing the new 89 while refits were happening. Boy was i wrong. The refits i have to make are drastic and I am not even sure what to tell them that had fleets that were doing the 88 with some minor difficulties (They are not the best drivers like their teacher impatience is a learned trait I guess) to now being delegated to even lower level targets. It was a major gut punch for them and me. 

Normally I am the one that can be positive and see a way around whatever change is made. And to be honest missing a week is not a big deal to me. But it is a big deal to those I am teaching and are still trying to reach this point in the game I am at. I have watched these guys go through the other changes in the FM. Changes that took them from getting T4 to barely getting T2 two different times. To now they are saying to me "Specs what is the point of making more changes to my fleet, when they will just change the targets again in a few months when we start making progress?" I do not have an answer for them and that is the biggest problem I have with this current change. I have not seen many of them the last day either in the game, we have talked in our facebook group.

As I told CM Rampage - The FM changes this week should have been pushed to the Garrison raid event. I think that would have been fair to the player base. Time will tell how these changes affect the game, for now I am trying to help those I have been teaching to find a little ray of light in this latest change and keep them playing so I have good people to talk to when I am needing a break from life.
    Appreciate it well thought out and articulate.  Moderate changes can be worked out,  but this is very Draconian.   It surprises me that they didn't know that and the reaction of the player base unless there was a motive for this.   This goes right to the core of the transparency and trust issue.   Obviously they don't know as much about the end customer as they think they do.
    ahh motive for this,,thats the puzzle,,and i have a few theories
    i dont think they did it to neuter the mid lvl player base,which they have done btw

i think its more likely they did it to limit the time for the  high lvl player base to pvp

tin foil time

i think they want to save the obviously failing bounty hunt event
    if you guys are gonna pvp you're gonna do it our way basically

lets face it guys,they are just thowing stuff at the wall at this point to see what sticks
    this iteration of the fm bounced off hard enuff to fatten their lips

or

they are so incompetent and clueless when it comes to this game they should all crawl back to the games they came from b4 this one

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    DanLFC said:
    SOS SOS SOS--Thanks Specs. I have one suggestion and and a bunch of numbers so bear with me. 

I think I was the very original commenter on the 115 target when it was PP8 in a TLC. It ate my Zelos/Mono fleet and I barely finished it with IB's, then I did not see it again, only in my nightmares. It has now re-appeared. I am now almost totally done with the FM mission this week, redeeming everything coin free. I only did one refit to an Icebreaker recently and that is where my comment and suggestion comes in.

I refit one IB to counter the Zoes's Rhino. I think there is an issue with these Zoe's and they should be checked. I know they have a concussive cannon  if you get to close and high DPS on ships so bear with me.

My IB I refit with one Pen charged armor, A few regular Pen armors, Reactive Armor special, Countermeasure 3, and 2 Phal 4. It has 96% Pen defense and should be a Penetrative TANK. Huggies says 369,642. However, when it leads my IB fleet it takes about the same damage as before I refit it. And it absolutely drains my charged armor of 108,000. Really not what I expected. 

I am OK with the FM as it is right now. I can do it, just takes time unlike last weeks which was completely done in an hour if I could use my tokens up.
    So my suggestion is that the Zoe's should be looked at, something doesn't seem right. And if it is right it should be toned down because I think that one hull has generated this 75 page shitstorm you got going here.

I disagree that the one hull in the 115 is the reason for the 75 page shitstorm, Specs mentioned it in his post.... it's the fact that there is a new target AT ALL. It's the 3rd in less than a year. Yes, that one hull is a big issue within the target itself, but it's the bigger picture that I would hazard a guess is the issue that most have. Another being the ridiculous amount of time it will take to get the new prize alone, rather than with the old format (which should still be the current format for however many more months) where you get the new prize, PLUS a prize from each lower tier, PLUS Uranium all for less time and targets hit than currently. But again, the bigger picture is there shouldn't BE a new target yet.

Not attacking you personally here, but that kind of thinking defends their actions that are plain wrong. It's defending the indefensible.

I can adapt and refit my fleets, taking up shipyard time, res, but I shouldn't have to YET. The majority of my alliance aren't in the position of having tokens to use to help with this, and I have no clue on what to advise them to do next.
    i get what you're saying, but.. if the 115 were no more difficult in practice than the 113 - just a different layout - would we really be complaining so loudly?

i agree it's not just the rhino, but the rhino is a critical part of it. i'm not convinced that we collectively have so severe a personality disorder suite that change alone would inspire this kind of meltdown.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • kian
    kian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 234
    DanLFC said:
    SOS SOS SOS--Thanks Specs. I have one suggestion and and a bunch of numbers so bear with me. 

I think I was the very original commenter on the 115 target when it was PP8 in a TLC. It ate my Zelos/Mono fleet and I barely finished it with IB's, then I did not see it again, only in my nightmares. It has now re-appeared. I am now almost totally done with the FM mission this week, redeeming everything coin free. I only did one refit to an Icebreaker recently and that is where my comment and suggestion comes in.

I refit one IB to counter the Zoes's Rhino. I think there is an issue with these Zoe's and they should be checked. I know they have a concussive cannon  if you get to close and high DPS on ships so bear with me.

My IB I refit with one Pen charged armor, A few regular Pen armors, Reactive Armor special, Countermeasure 3, and 2 Phal 4. It has 96% Pen defense and should be a Penetrative TANK. Huggies says 369,642. However, when it leads my IB fleet it takes about the same damage as before I refit it. And it absolutely drains my charged armor of 108,000. Really not what I expected. 

I am OK with the FM as it is right now. I can do it, just takes time unlike last weeks which was completely done in an hour if I could use my tokens up.
    So my suggestion is that the Zoe's should be looked at, something doesn't seem right. And if it is right it should be toned down because I think that one hull has generated this 75 page shitstorm you got going here.

I disagree that the one hull in the 115 is the reason for the 75 page shitstorm, Specs mentioned it in his post.... it's the fact that there is a new target AT ALL. It's the 3rd in less than a year. Yes, that one hull is a big issue within the target itself, but it's the bigger picture that I would hazard a guess is the issue that most have. Another being the ridiculous amount of time it will take to get the new prize alone, rather than with the old format (which should still be the current format for however many more months) where you get the new prize, PLUS a prize from each lower tier, PLUS Uranium all for less time and targets hit than currently. But again, the bigger picture is there shouldn't BE a new target yet.

Not attacking you personally here, but that kind of thinking defends their actions that are plain wrong. It's defending the indefensible.

I can adapt and refit my fleets, taking up shipyard time, res, but I shouldn't have to YET. The majority of my alliance aren't in the position of having tokens to use to help with this, and I have no clue on what to advise them to do next.
    i get what you're saying, but.. if the 115 were no more difficult in practice than the 113 - just a different layout - would we really be complaining so loudly?

i agree it's not just the rhino, but the rhino is a critical part of it. i'm not convinced that we collectively have so severe a personality disorder suite that change alone would inspire this kind of meltdown.
    your right the change to the fm  is the straw that broke the camels back
  • kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 208
    a great majority of players believe that this change to fm was done to get the very last coin out of players before they shut it down, its does seem a bit strange that just a month or so ago, the game went dark, because someone "accidentally" didn't re-up their certificate, i guess they decided to give it one more chance at conning people out of their last nickel. since wednesday, there have been at least 100 people that have quit,alot of them are into the game less then a month or two and were actually enjoying the game, they were making strides in getting hullls and tech, specifically from fm, once that disappeared they realized it would be way to long to keep growing, so alot walked away. end game time
  • DanLFC
    DanLFC
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 18
    Sure I see your point. This was more a suggestion on how to retain players that have been here for some time. Targets changing and Kixeye being disingenuous in there information is nothing new. The problem is that the 115 is a big pain even for players with the top fleets. And the cause is that little b Zoe. Going from the FM being a minor irritant to the main focus of the game is a jarring change and if Zoe was not so obstinate the target would be a breeze although a bit more challenging. I do the target by switching fleets and nearly instant repairing constantly between hits. It seems the long time players are not enjoying this work that it takes. I love driving my fleets and it amazes me that people complain about having to drive their fleets. And I do like the prize redemption change, I can hoard more tokens now; although we will get a bit less overall.

I agree with a lot of that.

Misdirection and misleading/disingenuous information given by Kix is definitely not new, and isn't acceptable normally, but even more so on this scale. 

I also love driving and always choose skill hull first, auto hull second because of this. BUT, having to refit a skill fleet, do a bit of a target, retreat, enter with a second fleet (that I may or may not have and that may or may not need refitting) to do a bit more of the target, then swap back and repeat this however many times to kill off a single 115, to give me enough points to get a relatively small percentage of the points needed to redeem a single new prize in T5...... that's no longer fun driving, it's more like punishment. I do have all the tech, hulls and tokens required to do these refits, but I do not have any intention of spending that amount of time messing about to get peanuts on a change that is way ahead of schedule just before a raid. They are completely out of order.

The above relates to my personal situation in game. As I said before, I have no idea how to advise my lower level alliance members to progress in FM.... I've seen them try in smaller targets and they hurt (again, for a meagre points payout in comparison to the prizes).
  • kiwis
    kiwis
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 228
    If kix doesn't give a answer on FM before thew 9th I will not be doing the raid.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    a great majority of players believe
    no
  • msms369
    msms369
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 54
    Well then.

I have top fleets. Do coin from time to time. Doing TLCs. Raids in the top. And now the only thing what was only joy for many players has been sent down with other good updates to the sewers. Can not do stupid FM. Fleets red. Barely Tier 4 reached.

So it is time to quit? What do other players think? Where is no joy there is no fun?

And question for Kik$eye: when lot of players gonna quit who coiners gonna hit? I would say other game developers or other free to play games. Not free to log in like Battle Pirates are about to become.
  • kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 208
    they've shut out probably 75 percent of the remaining player base from doing fm's  congratulations kix
  • Ragin_Cajun7
    Ragin_Cajun7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2017 Posts: 28
    You think this backlash is bad?? Wait until Kixeye decides to keep this FM and announces that no changes will be made to rollback the FM. Then the players that are left and hoping that Kix will change their minds about this debacle will start to leave. There is no way for this to work out good for Kixeye except to change these targets. No way.
  • nrubnus
    nrubnus
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 763
    edited 3 Nov 2017, 5:00PM
    75 pages of for the most part player discontent (putting it mildly) and crickets from Kixeye. With these changes to not only the FM but lately every single event, offer, task or chore is designed to garner as much $$ as possible. My goal in life is NOT to make Kixeye rich, but to just have a little fun with this game and maybe spend a few bucks here and there..like any other video game I play. But its becoming increasingly clear if I want to remain competitive in this game, I will be forced to spend even more $$. I'm not prepared to do that anymore especially with the looming cliff that all flash games are facing by 2019.  You as a company are employing every means necessary to make as much money as possible before you reach that cliff and are forced to either close the game or convert it to some other method such as a flash emulator or HTML5 for examples.

LET ME MAKE THIS CLEAR, FLASH IS ENDING! 

For those of you who don't know, google is your friend and just google "flash ends". Most browsers are already in the process of removing flash from their browsers. So with that in mind (and I don't care what you kixeye troll boys say that the game won't be affected by it) why would I want to keep throwing money away to a dead and dying game? If there's going to be a major change (ie battle pirates 2), why would I switch to it after the seriously bad experiences with Kixeye I've had over the past 6 years of playing this game? I can spend xx amount of $$ on an Xbox one game and never have to spend another dime..and never have to deal with the constant money drain that this game has become. 

Do you not understand as a company that we the paying customer hold the power and you the company had better listen to us or we'll take our paying for entertainment elsewhere? Respond to your customers instead of trying to wait it out and hope we all just accept this BS! Seriously nerf the targets in the game and overall listen and work with your player base, otherwise.you won't have to wait for 2019 - 2020 to get here..you'll kill the game before the end of Flash does.

The only reason I waste my time writing this because of the people I log in everyday to play with, the time and money I've sunk into the game and overall I hope beyond hope that this last chance I'm giving you kixeye won't be in vain. I sure hope you listen to us as 75 pages of malcontent speaks volumes.
    This game is rapidly dying. 
  • JamesMcFarlane
    JamesMcFarlane
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 394
    edited 3 Nov 2017, 4:15PM
    My IB fleet is taking more damage now. Been doing 115s for just over 5 hours damage and now on the second day my fleet is taking 8 and 1/2 hours damage. W.T.F are you playing at KIXSUX/cheat?????? Any other players seeing this happen to them?
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Ray_P said:

Appreciate it well thought out and articulate.  Moderate changes can be worked out,  but this is very Draconian.   It surprises me that they didn't know that and the reaction of the player base unless there was a motive for this.   This goes right to the core of the transparency and trust issue.   Obviously they don't know as much about the end customer as they think they do.
    I get the feeling that kix feels the player base is bluffing.Will just whine and complain,but in the end capitulate.What they fail to realize is that the entirety of 2017 has had most of the player base on the brink,this was the final straw.

They aren't in touch with the player base there is a real disconnect.Maybe now they believe what I and many others have been trying to tell them,but it's probably too late.Oh well kix will have only themselves to blame. 
    this whole event reminds me - disconcertingly - of mcquaid/team vision. i'm slowly accumulating a genuine curiosity about whether someone was dismissed or left and took all their critical knowledge of the design plans with them and left a **** big vacuum that went unfilled just a little too long. y'know?
  • DanLFC
    DanLFC
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 18
    The lack of response from Bush street is just insulting to the player base. This is not a minor whine from a few disgruntled players (in which we would normally say "suck it up buttercup") this is the entire player base feeling like they have been stabbed in the back

This is another great point.

The powers that be need to look at the amount of players that have only posted in forums maybe double figures, some less. This tells you that as well as the people who frequent the forums and share their feedback often, you now have people voicing their opinions that normally wouldn't bother. I have seen a lot of people say that they usually just read the forums, but not comment, but this time they feel they have to..... well that's a pretty significant indicator that you did something bad.