Bounty Season #3 Discussion

• UN Flash
    UN Flash
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 475
    John1975 said:
    what happened to season 3 will pay for base defense?  That was 1 of the number one complaints for all the bounty's.  Last bounty I bet I was hit 70x  I think one person managed to get in.  I was coining 36% damage repair every time. on the base. Yet again nothing for base defense so why would I coin to keep my base repaired and get nothing.  Not good this is something needs to be fixed before it starts.  Cant even go hit the person back for points that fails.  No reason what so ever to keep the base repaired.  
    Good question! Why would you coin to keep your base repaired?
  • DeLiRiouS_SJ
    DeLiRiouS_SJ
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 20
    Couldn't agree more. Very unbeneficial to those not on the US timezones.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,844
    G'day kixeye,Last bounty the Jackpot Hoard spawn times did not favor us aussie they spawned 3am and 6am our time can u please have some spawn times for us aussies as it's unfair we miss out on Jackpot Hoard targets.thanks KEEGAN
    They never announced a schedule, they called them "random spawns." Which was nice because you didn't always have to fight for the targets. If they announced the schedule ahead of time, no one would hit bases just the jackpots.

I will assure you though, there were more than just those 2 spawn times throughout the day - hard to believe, but even a couple that were inconvenient for the Americans on the west coast... 
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • Charlie Pugwash
    Charlie Pugwash
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,576
    edited 26 Oct 2017, 2:34PM
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    DanLFC said:
    bort said:
    DanLFC said:
    John1975 said:
    what happened to season 3 will pay for base defense?  
    We are working on rewards for base design.  But want to make sure we get it done right,  and not rush it out.  

Translation - Yes, we know that no reward for base defence is a flaw. BUT, why would we wait until it's sorted until we roll out Bounty Season 3 when we could just rush out another flawed one?

It's not a tin foil hat thing, don't condescend your player base by making it blatantly obvious that you think we are ignorant/naive by telling us you don't want to "rush out" a fix to one of the main problems we bring up with this event, but at the same time, subtly (you would like to think) telling us that you are rushing out the same problematic event as last time.
    well no.

you keep the bounty you generate every 6 hours by defending your base.

attacking should be encouraged in a PvP event. and encouraged far more than turtling.
    I attacked the whole time I was involved in the event, repaired my OP each time (even the guard fleet) and defended my base, sometimes successfully, sometimes not. I am not talking about discouraging attacking OR encouraging "turtling". 

The point I make is that Rampage has actually verified that they are "working on rewards for base design", which is something that the majority of people pointed out was an issue in the previous two instalments of Bounty, yet this can't be rushed. But in the meantime they will roll another Bounty out that has the same issue.

It's a recurring scenario whereby they half-recognise an issue with something, but then try to fob us off by saying they do acknowledge that there IS an issue, but it won't stop them letting that same issue continue (usually costing the player in one way or another) whilst they come up with a solution.

I understand it takes time to develop the ideas, content, coding and whatever else, so why not actually take that time to do all of that and give us something that feels like some thought went into it, rather than the polished **** we end up with more often than not. 
    again no.

you get the reward for defending your base by keeping your bounty.

yes they are potentially adding an even greater reward for defending. but first time round it was too punishing and discouraged attacking which is what they dont want to happen. and nor should it.

it is better structured in terms of it being an actually attacking event now than it was. and less flawed, but still partly flawed.

the bigger problem is that players dont join to get the free prizes. the more players joining the bigger the points economy. They can only do so much to encourage participation. at the end of the day, if people dont like free stuff, they won't join. 

personally i like free stuff. seems a lot of people dont. 
    This is actually utter rubbish, and is unusually poor thinking for you, bort, you're usually fairly sensible.

Quickly, your point about base defence: I'm simply going to respond to that by pointing out that bounty does not exist in a vacuum, and that the first bounty event, I hit quite a lot of other people's bases. In the second, I did not, and I will not be in the third either.

Secondly, your point about people not going for "free" prizes and how it's all their fault that bounty does not work properly:

Let's first consider players that do not have the means to break into bandit bases. These players, due to the way the checkpoint system is set up, need to hold large amount of bounty that make them appealing targets to other players, who they cannot fight off, and can, with the amounts this season, actually steal bounty faster than it can be gathered if they log on to start repairs- and thus resume base timers on labs, upgrades, dock uptime, etc. So they can either never get anything at all due to theft, or delay logging in and thus loose days on their timers. So it is not "Free" stuff for them. (And even if they do the not-logging in, they're still getting very little in the way of prizes- do the maths on being hit for 40% of your bounty every 4-6 hours)

Now let's consider those who do have the means to break bandit bounty bases, either via gluts or a half-decent surface conq fleet. They play the checkpoint game, gaining nearly-free bounty in exchange for regular-ish logins, and don't get hit unless they are unlucky, since they have little or no unsecured bounty at any point. Any repairs they spend doing bandit bases can be mostly obscured by the conqueror queue. They gain a few thousand bounty a day, and redeem at the end for a small prize. The amount they can gain per day, with the new checkpoints, is only 1,700, totaling enough at the end of bounty for a small prize. Or, they have to keep a large amount for an extended time period, in which case they join our next group:

Finally, let's consider those who can break bandit bases easily, e.g. they have mudgluts, and can gain a bit more bounty via farming lots of bandit bases. They have to keep significant amount of bounty for an extended period, opening them up to attack and the likelihood of getting hit by a serious player. Sure, they might have a good base that can keep out that first attack, but after that first four hour bubble runs out they're dead meat. So they end up paying in lab, dock and upgrade time as well, and unless they get lucky still won't end up with a decent prize.

TL, DR:
    Either the prizes aren't free, or the ones getting them aren't contributing to the bounty economy.
    evidence seems to suggest a handful of players with no ability to hit bases and a crappy base still managed to pick up a few prizes last bounty.

add in more players at the bottom end and that number of players increases at a faster rate than the current rate as the big guys are already out of range.

blackshark explained it pretty easily in the post above yours.

it literally is all about the points economy as the highers do run out of targets as they can't hit down.
    It is all about the points economy, yes. But you're wrong to say that the only reason the points economy is not working is beacause players don't understand that they can get "free prizes", which is the point I was making. Let me try again:

Since the only way a base can put bounty points into the bounty economy is by being hit and destroyed, (OP dead = rest of base dead in any but the oddest cases, after all), a base can only contribute into the wider economy by loosing it's own dock uptime, research lab time, build time and equip time. So it's entirely false to suggest that opting in is a no-brainer for all players.

The fault is kixeye's for failing to make opting in attractive to a wider range of players, due to the significant negative factors involved and the VERY limited upsides, not the players themselves for making entirely rational decisions about what they want to prioritize.
    there is relatively limited value in research/build/equip time except when you're doing your shipyard. they're such long term tasks that losing a day or three really doesn't make much difference in the scheme of the game.

dock is important if you are doing tlcs. although i guess you could time that with bubbles. and ideally you'd plan to do tlcs before / after bounty.

on the other hand, a shipyard that doesnt stop even when your base is hit, is very useful.
    Well, that's very personal and depends on what you're doing, it's true. I guess the shipyard usefulness is a function of how often you get hit- it's of very little use to me, for example, since I was last hit long enough ago that it's not in my battle logs. Bounty 1, I think.

Dock isn't just TLC's, though. It's also the FM, uranium and base parts. Not everyone can always be on at the times when they are being allowed by the short bubble timer to play the game.
    • "Best of luck, Captains! And may the odds be ever in your favour..."

• Raids Boycotted: Hellstrike, Lightning Carrier, Enforcer, Neptune- and at this rate, the entire upcoming Reaver raid series.

• First played: Shortly After Revenge Raid 2

• Jagang50
    Jagang50
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 143
    The spawns are hardly what i would class as random, as when they do spawn its everywhere. To me random would mean they share a spawn with the other bandit bases, and have a random %. So maybe 1 will spawn in a sector, at a random time. Meaning whoever is on, has a chance to grind the bandits and get a random jackpot spawn. Then maybe more players would get a chance at them, spreading the points out. Rather than a few players rushing round every relay taking them.
  • kixeyeuser_1419198018177_100004729098382
    kixeyeuser_1419198018177_100004729098382
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 34
    it would be nice having option to get sulfide deployer
  • kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 208
    is there a list of bounty prizes
  • USS-Sovereign
    USS-Sovereign
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 817
    yes. in the bounty season 3 post.
    Sectors Visited: 275, 305, 382, 428, 53, 350, 106, 182, 244, 37, 373,423         Level: 105+       
    Alliance: USSHMS
    Minor Nuisance
    lol an pray tell where exactly is that post

• Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172
    KIXEYE, what is your strategy behind the insane King's Writ? You call it a Tier 6.5 and people are dead scared to think what a Tier 7 conqueror hull will look like. To compensate this monster, you need to start releasing Tier 7 turrets and/or a brand new defender with insane fire power. So wouldn't that negate the Tier 6.5 stuff - turrets and defenders - we're trying to build now? So do we stop building them altogether and wait till you actually release them because look, even after a full load of base parts, these T 6.5 s still take around 12-16 days to finish building. 

You are catering to the vanity and the ego of mega coiners and driving away the actual fun from Battle Pirates. Hope your business strategy work because you will be soon stuck with only them.  

then we will see where they get their coins ;)

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    Redbull33 said:
    The spawns are hardly what i would class as random, as when they do spawn its everywhere. To me random would mean they share a spawn with the other bandit bases, and have a random %. So maybe 1 will spawn in a sector, at a random time. Meaning whoever is on, has a chance to grind the bandits and get a random jackpot spawn. Then maybe more players would get a chance at them, spreading the points out. Rather than a few players rushing round every relay taking them.
    well, some day when you're a big time developer, we will all rest easy knowing that you've got a handle on the true meaning of random.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • kixeyeuser_1419198018177_100004729098382
    kixeyeuser_1419198018177_100004729098382
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 34
    or you can look in store on bp
    Minor Nuisance
    working as intended lolol
  • Milo-Ant
    Milo-Ant
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2017 Posts: 1,172

look for the one entitled BOUNTY SEASON 3 POST

• KalJericho
    KalJericho
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2011 Posts: 96
    John1975 said:
    what happened to season 3 will pay for base defense?  
    We are working on rewards for base design.  But want to make sure we get it done right,  and not rush it out.  

So why run bounty hunt till you get it right?
  • Brandon Frye
    Brandon Frye
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 91

1x Twinblade (Limit NOT increased)

2x King's Writ   The prices on these things are just as bad as the players saying they were nuts high last time...anyone else think they need to get their math right with 101 players saying the same thing? Doesn't help they reduced the 800 bounty from 4hrs to 6 hrs AND we need to be logged on to get it now? so we get less pts n less pts,but the prices of the prizes stay going up? 

Frye
  • USS-Sovereign
    USS-Sovereign
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 817
    lol an pray tell where exactly is that post

General Discussion on Battle Pirates Forums. its pinned near the top.

Sectors Visited: 275, 305, 382, 428, 53, 350, 106, 182, 244, 37, 373,423         Level: 105+       
    Alliance: USSHMS
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    yeah, click the bounty modal button and go to the prizes tab
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • Lantz
    Lantz
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 362
    KIXEYE, what is your strategy behind the insane King's Writ? You call it a Tier 6.5 and people are dead scared to think what a Tier 7 conqueror hull will look like. To compensate this monster, you need to start releasing Tier 7 turrets and/or a brand new defender with insane fire power. So wouldn't that negate the Tier 6.5 stuff - turrets and defenders - we're trying to build now? So do we stop building them altogether and wait till you actually release them because look, even after a full load of base parts, these T 6.5 s still take around 12-16 days to finish building. 

You are catering to the vanity and the ego of mega coiners and driving away the actual fun from Battle Pirates. Hope your business strategy work because you will be soon stuck with only them.  
    Is the KW OP? Absolutely, but this was expected, or should have been if you really thought about it...  Look at the increase in dock weight they gave us with OP 10, up to 100,000 tons, more then double the last level!  To me that was a pretty clear indication that everything we know about fleet building and base defense is going right out the window.  The max weight on ships is typically 8-12k tons with a big one like KW being around 15k.  Even 5 fully loaded KWs would still only be 80% capacity for fleet weight.

The tides are changing, we all hoped for gentle smooth changes (looks unlikely now), but if you are honest you knew these types of game changing hulls were coming.  New turrets and defense fleets are on the horizon that will put the KW in its place.  IMO the KW is just the revenge of its day, it will be unstoppable for 1-2 months, then it will be decent for 3-4months, then a niche hitter gathering dust.

I do think that its time for Kix to do a reset on building times though, reducing OP8 lvl builds to a few hours, OP9 lvl tech to a few days (under 5) and keep OP10 turrets in a reasonable build range (30days is absurd).

• drizzit3rd
    drizzit3rd
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 260
    I tried Bounty 1 and due to all the issues I skipped Bounty 2.  I was looking forward to Bounty 3 as I was expecting to be rewarded for Base Defense, but that looks like a complete fail...

I really don't have Shipyard time to build Conqueror hulls as I'm still 18 days away from the Huggy's Yard and my regular SY is busy building 2 fleets per raid series now plus refitting for escalation weapons and specials.  

So I could join and get pounded for 4 days with absolutely nothing to hit back with or I can not join and relax from BP....  Hmmmmm  Wolfenstein II comes out tomorrow...   
  • roger.harris.5264
    roger.harris.5264
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 2
    Gazza17 said:

Are you guys actually taking the **** right now. That ship is so **** overpowered it is not even funny. Imma feel really bad flattening literally everyone when I coin this ship.

Which makes you exactly the sort of person they want. New hull with extra power! You coin your way to enough points to get it, then coin to build it, then hit others and coin to repair the fleet. Kix sit back and laugh before launching an even bigger one next week. You coin.... etc etc

Meanwhile people leave in droves having been milked dry and left full of only resentment at the idiotic ruination of a game so many used to love.
    I am thankful for guys like him.  Keeps the game going for guys like me.

• worf1128
    worf1128
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 114
    What happened to backing off content, this bounty should not have happened until 1st of the year most are putting their base together with op10 and the long build times. understand I dont have to opt in but the point is to have as many participate as you can                          
  • TigerAceR
    TigerAceR
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,951
    I tried Bounty 1 and due to all the issues I skipped Bounty 2.  I was looking forward to Bounty 3 as I was expecting to be rewarded for Base Defense, but that looks like a complete fail...

I really don't have Shipyard time to build Conqueror hulls as I'm still 18 days away from the Huggy's Yard and my regular SY is busy building 2 fleets per raid series now plus refitting for escalation weapons and specials.  

So I could join and get pounded for 4 days with absolutely nothing to hit back with or I can not join and relax from BP....  Hmmmmm  Wolfenstein II comes out tomorrow...   
    I'll be joining you soon with Wolfenstein

Former Battle Vortex Arbiter
  • Jason Northon
    Jason Northon
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 18
    Another day another Pubstomp due to horrible ideas about punching up.

Make it so if someone's total secured + Unsecured bounty is less than 25% of someone else they can't crush them.
    Seriously, first thing I do after starting bounty. Level 64 base gets hit by a level 107 fleet.
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    Y'all really need to put on your thinking caps on how to make Bounty the least painful as possible (besides not participating at all).
  • Geronimo1964
    Geronimo1964
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 107
    Gazza17 said:

Are you guys actually taking the **** right now. That ship is so **** overpowered it is not even funny. Imma feel really bad flattening literally everyone when I coin this ship.

Which makes you exactly the sort of person they want. New hull with extra power! You coin your way to enough points to get it, then coin to build it, then hit others and coin to repair the fleet. Kix sit back and laugh before launching an even bigger one next week. You coin.... etc etc

Meanwhile people leave in droves having been milked dry and left full of only resentment at the idiotic ruination of a game so many used to love.
    I am thankful for guys like him.  Keeps the game going for guys like me.

lol. I'm fine with coining a little, I do it myself but it's the feeling that you MUST coin loads every month to keep up. And every month something even bigger, newer and more expensive turns up. I have often spent hundreds a month, usually to help my alliance in raids etc but it feels so much like they demand more and more. Which makes me feel like paying less and less.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189

1x Twinblade (Limit NOT increased)

2x King's Writ   The prices on these things are just as bad as the players saying they were nuts high last time...anyone else think they need to get their math right with 101 players saying the same thing? Doesn't help they reduced the 800 bounty from 4hrs to 6 hrs AND we need to be logged on to get it now? so we get less pts n less pts,but the prices of the prizes stay going up? 

this is how, kixeye gets the numbers up by showing to those that finance that they still have a viable game.  The same with everything needing absurd amounts of resources.  it is to get players to log in.
This discussion has been closed.