State of the game: PvP

• Danga Kabinimas
    Danga Kabinimas
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 64
    Xcalubur said:
    we can mention quick and short what changes Kix made to the game: Battle is replaced by Building (fleets and all rest) so the new balanced name is just "Building Pirates"
    I'm for Deck Swabbers
    Take your butthurt and go play candy crush 
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    Xcalubur said:
    we can mention quick and short what changes Kix made to the game: Battle is replaced by Building (fleets and all rest) so the new balanced name is just "Building Pirates"
    I'm for Deck Swabbers
    wait, we have to clean these things?

...that explains so much...
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    Xcalubur said:
    I'm for Deck Swabbers
    already had that job title...well close enough (swab jockey).  i would rather not play a game with a similar title.
  • GaZ1984
    GaZ1984
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 11

After being away from the game for 2/3 years and returning near a year down the line I’m still behind have no real base fleet capable of hitting true bases never have the time spare to build a decent baser when I came back even with the mediocre fleets I had then I was still able to have some fun hitting bases but now I hit 5 bases a week just to complete alliance points and that is pretty much it I had been spending a lot to catch back up but I’m getting to the stage of quitting the game again as it’s no fun doing the same thing every time you login get uri hit fm targets wait on another raid ship to finish start again then do the tlc do the daily camp week in week out I found it fun at first but now I’m not really bothered about logging in and finding I don’t even get return hits anymore to look for ways to improve or even challenge my mind on a new design or a new base fleet to smash some good bases I do like pve but not week in week out as it stands at the moment I would rather play call of duty or something that is going to stimulate my needs for some fun after a long days work and not feel like I’m still at work carrying out all the day to day jobs just to compete in the next raid

• beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Laredo said:
    Raider69 said:

I don't know when you started playing but raids have not always been every month. I remember the very 1st raid. It was a salv raid...where you hit salv after salv for points. Enlighten me if I am wrong....

Here is the the full list of every raid to date:

2017 Events:

Caress of Steel: October 2017
    Steel Curtain: September 2017
    The Lost Continent: August 2017
    Glowing Sea: July 2017
    Coup: June 2017
    Arms Race: May 2017
    Espionage: April 2017
    Utopia: March 2017
    Rising Shadows: February 2017
    Awakening: January 2017

2016 Events

Uprising December 2016
    Hellborn (BP Event) November 2016
    Stormrunner (BP Event) October 2016
    Rise of the Warlords September 2016
    Civil War: Schism August 2016
    Civil War: Allegiance July 2016
    Civil War: Escalation June 2016
    Civil War: Broken Council May 2016
    Defiance April 2016
    Renegade March 2016
    Hostile Takeover February 2016
    Revenge Raid 3 January 2016

2015 Events

Revenge Raid 2 December 2015
    Revenge Raid November 2015
    Death From Below October 2015
    Ascension September 2015
    Last Stand August 2015
    Dark Tide July 2015
    Abyss June 2015
    Perdition May 2015
    The Descent April 2015
    Apocalypse March 2015
    Brimstone February 2015
    Hellgate January 2015

2014 Events

Avalanche December 2014
    Hailstorm November 2014
    Whiteout October 2014
    Frostbite September 2014
    Snowblind August 2014
    The Reckoning July 2014
    Tempest June 2014
    Deathstroke May 2014
    Riptide April 2014
    Reign of Fire March 2014
    Infernal Onslaught February 2014
    Trial by Fire January 2014

2013 Events

Burning Seas December 2013
    Forsaken Fury 2 November 2013
    Forsaken Fury October 2013
    Dragon's Grip 2 September 2013
    Dragon's Grip August 2013
    Dragon's Nest 2 July 2013
    Dragons Nest June 2013
    Drac Hunt 4 May 2013
    Drac Hunt 3 April 2013
    Drac Hunt 2 March 2013
    Drac Hunt February 2013
    Lightning Fall January 2013

2012 Events

Lightning Raid December 2012
    Lightning Run November 2012
    Storm Force October 2012
    Storm Strike September 2012
    Storm Warning August 2012
    Base Invaders 6 July 2012
    Base Invaders 5 June 2012
    Base invaders 4 May 2012
    Base Invaders 3 April 2012
    NO RAID March 2012
    Base Invaders 2 February 2012
    Base Invaders January 2012

2011 Events

Revenge Raid 4 December 29-31 2011
    Revenge Raid 3 December 16-19 2011
    Revenge Raid 2 November 2011
    Revenge Raid 1 October 2011

I wish, i could put this in my sig.

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    bort said:
    build a conq shipyard. 

problem solved.

even i, as a zero coiner, have both a bus and reina.
    I have this already. I've had it well over a week. I built a blank twinblade and that's it. I just don't have the time or motivation to hit glowing nav relays. The 85 where one random uncontrollable mort hits a phoenix fleet and takes 25% damage? My conquest yard has been empty pretty much since it was built. I don't own the BUS or Reina to build in there, due to the silly requirements to get them (number of points) and also knowing how they wouldn't last long. These fleets aren't beating my base. So easy to counter with this wild power swing they have it really isn't worth the time to build. I was confident the BUS or Rage would last more than a month, I'd have loved to get them and had great fun hitting with them. This is the problem, the crazy power creep that makes all PvP things useless and outdated before they've been out a calendar month. 
    auto with your skyfire fleet that was built using tokens .....

but yes, it is disappointing those fleets havent been good for more than a couple weeks.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    bort said:
    bort said:
    build a conq shipyard. 

problem solved.

I have this already. I've had it well over a week. I built a blank twinblade and that's it. I just don't have the time or motivation to hit glowing nav relays. The 85 where one random uncontrollable mort hits a phoenix fleet and takes 25% damage? My conquest yard has been empty pretty much since it was built. I don't own the BUS or Reina to build in there, due to the silly requirements to get them (number of points) and also knowing how they wouldn't last long. These fleets aren't beating my base. So easy to counter with this wild power swing they have it really isn't worth the time to build. I was confident the BUS or Rage would last more than a month, I'd have loved to get them and had great fun hitting with them. This is the problem, the crazy power creep that makes all PvP things useless and outdated before they've been out a calendar month. 

but yes, it is disappointing those fleets havent been good for more than a couple weeks.
    Laredo has passed this to the grown ups too monitor, trolling it will just have it either closed, or ignored.

I am not doubting you built your Skyfires with tokens, or that you use them in that manner. 

Yes, you are trolling, before you deny it, and what is worse, you know it as well. Please refrain, just this once.
    seems to me you are the troll.

i agreed that the shelf life is too short.

the ability to build the ships is now in place. if you choose to do so.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    bort said:
    bort said:
    build a conq shipyard. 

problem solved.

Laredo has passed this to the grown ups too monitor, trolling it will just have it either closed, or ignored.

I am not doubting you built your Skyfires with tokens, or that you use them in that manner. 

Yes, you are trolling, before you deny it, and what is worse, you know it as well. Please refrain, just this once.
    wait, how is that trolling?
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 25 Oct 2017, 9:32PM
    NUTS said:
    Hi
    Been playing this game since 2011
    not as elegant as Pain;s post
    simply put - he is unfortunately almost spot on

i used to be a an ubar coiner
    then major coiner
    then coiner
    now occasional coiner
    just cant see myself coining all these fleets when they dont last any time at all
    i dont see tokens, i dont start builds

As for FM/res collection,****/U/Base parts - if i wanted to do"work" i would find something that pays me for the time

year or so ago we were promised a slow down, which we had for a short time - now we in hyper mode
    we were promised less chore work - now its increasing
    we were promised less build times overall - increasing again
    we wanted a stable game flatform - more and more crashes. glitches, lag - list goes on
    New players were to be encouraged - amount of permanent dead bases on map is downright embarrassing
    we wanted a proper balancing of the game - now is swings violently from one thing to the other

Given up posting or reading forums - can talk to a brick wall for just so long before you give up

there has been a plus side for me over the last couple of years
    new TV
    new stereo system
    new phone/ipad
    new car on HP
    even paid for someone else to decorate rooms that needed it

on that side i am quite happy

i remember getting farmed by you and, Gixxer and Gixxer's friend back in 2011 and 2012 in sectors 99/100.  I happen to agree with you and the rest.
    Edit:  Not sure how that comment got a dislike.  Just saying, I knew who he was back then and he wasn't kidding about his statements.
  • Tootie65
    Tootie65
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 19
    all i can say is with all the add stuff to try an keep up with in the game i feel the end is near for me, i feed them a good amount of coins monthly that is coming to a stop, not sure how long i will continue to feed kixeye but one things for sure it has drop a lot in the pass 2 months. keep up the good work kixeye!!!! 
  • aagnii
    aagnii
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 169
    Read every word of the original post from Pain Train.
    Cudnt hv said it better myself as being a blackwater . base hitting pirate.. for me.. as i see it now.. PvP is dead

The focus on PvE.. duaL  fleets for every raid.. more chores  to get Uranium, base parts, Titanium.. never ending..
    Add in.. TLC's and then a bounty.. where 90% of the players dont bother hit too many bases

PvP is a reason a high % of the coiners played.. entertainment factor.. smart base designing .. tactical defence and attack by players..not the AI
    When this aspect goes.. as is now.. it gets boring..
    I login.. chat in comms.. chk base.. maybe do a bit of the chores and leave.. day by day.. the interest in this game , wanes.

Present think tank.. u guys hv fckd the game up.. thats as every other player worth something in the game will tell you ( or maybe think it and wont say it)
    the build time on the conquest yard is way too long.. so will be a while before the expected balance in PvE and PvP is closed. yet.. extreme swings in base def to base attack.. been there  a long time..but getting far worse now.
     Fix the PvP aspect.. and you fix a lot of what is making the game fade away and players move away.

Key screw ups: Muddle missile and the axiom turret ( argue this as much as u want.. dont really care as we seen way too many coiners turn away )

You can run.. But u cant hide.... 
  • PECKER_HEADS
    PECKER_HEADS
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 5
    im in the same boat, ive played bp since black water days, the content overload is disheartening , i use to be able to use 20 dollars a week, sometimes more to be in the thick of it all day long, but now it will repair a few fleets for a couple days and thats it, as for weekly reset in alli points, it takes atleast 1 hr due to all the dead bases, lagg is at a all time high, and we now have so many chores to do just to keep up i dread logging on half the time, raids every 3 weeks, and if you dont build the fleet kixeye makes us have now, you fall behind, so turrets are taking 27days to build, were made to have 2 seperate fleets per raid now, titanium,resources, uranium, base parts, mega ship parts, those are just a few of  the daily struggles we are now faced with, i have not bought coin in probably 6 weeks, and i do not plan on buying any for awhile, we are not ranting kixeye, we are telling you how we feel, you may want to listen, because if you do not start fixing **** thats already broken, instead of adding another 4 features a week that only add to the problem, we are gonna be forced to quit due to not being able to compete on our budgets, you have all but run non coiners, and casual coiners out, the majority of us still playing feel this way, you can **** sure believe that DA_****<<<<<<<<<<
  • maddad
    maddad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 595
    Well said paintrain,myself and most of my ally feel exactly the same way
    upgrades=downfall of battle pirates
  • nazerbr
    nazerbr
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 6
    I totally agree with that post
    Leo
  • Hornswoggle
    Hornswoggle
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 18
    Well said Pain. Thank you for that. I have taken the time to read all replys to this thread. It is nice to see some of the long time remaining players share their frustrations as well. I really can't add more than what has already been said other than I miss all the in game fan mail that PVP brings. Far and few nowadays. Please Kix take a step back and hear your player base.
  • Fubar_17
    Fubar_17
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 91
    Well put mate. Reflects my own feelings and I know it reflects ALL in my alliance. This game is becoming a grind rather than escapism fun. There are some long-standing promised updates which never occur (drac bases, DUBs, crews, build times and R&D objectives to name a few) counterbalanced by excessive content, complexity, additional raids, changes to staple activities all of which appear to be only to KIXs' benefit. So many so close to throwing in the towel it's depressing and I personally am cutting back on any coining I will do
  • LuciferRessurected
    LuciferRessurected
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 13

Couldn't agree more. I started in BW days as well and base hitting was so fun we made FB pages to display the **** hurt we created but those days are over sigh. Listen to your players Kix or I'm afraid it's game over...

• Louis Kakascik
    Louis Kakascik
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 408
    Well we speak but kixeye doesn't comprehend what we are telling them so in the end it's their game if they want it to fail but I feel the same as you. It was exciting and the interaction between people made it that way but they seem to want a game where that isn't happening anymore. It's really sad 
  • Louis Kakascik
    Louis Kakascik
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 408

@madmerry said:
    I have been playing since 2011, initially base hitting, throwing fleets all over the place, logging in because it was a blast in the sector, massive raids into other sectors with multiple fleets, set the alarm for the middle of the night to hit repair on an always flattened base, building ships with whatever and however WE chose to put on it, to put it politely - I logged in for fun!
    As things have changed, moving from that type of game play, to now - oh, I need res, hit salv on auto (multi-task with RL), I need U (10mins with subs), I need Titanium (drive a couple of 85's to keep me going and log out) and lastly, I need base parts (check the schedule, log in, kill the 103's and log out again). I am effectively done with the game within an hr at the most, and the majority of that was spent chatting to my amazing alliance members who really provide the fun that otherwise has now been sucked out of BP!
    Raids at every 3 months were not too bad, plenty of time to build fleets as we wanted to, not as we are told to, plenty of time to rank them, plenty of time to go raid other sectors and have fun with them. Now we are monthly raids, and have Bounty added to it, but no half time repairs! Making it IMO effectively 2 raids a month, as some of the items only available from the Bounty are needed to just keep up in the game.
    I see the pop up about whether I would recommend BP to others - no. I cannot get past it, that a new player in this version of the game, unless they have very high level friends, and an active/generous alliance in the game and is willing to coin, will have difficulty in progressing far and will effectively remain behind/under the curve of keeping up.
    To have Kixeye tell us that the 'cost' (in res, in time, in coin) of building fleets, turrets etc. was going to be cut, only to have a new retrofits added that are more costly than previously, new ships that take 18 days for a literally blank hull that then has to be ranked, and refit to keep it current, building and upgrading my base 27 **** days to put a turret on - why not cut that back again so that players can get things done and get back to the basics of the game. 
    I have been asked by players who left, players who got sick of the coining required to keep up, players who played to hit, hit and hit but gave up with the content overload  years ago - should they start again? Players who I tell them, will never recognize the game now! Players who have had a look, laughed at it and expressed relief that they no longer play! Players who I tell, no - you have made the best decision, don't come back!
    Sadly, right now, it appears that BP is only for the stalwarts, for those who have put in so much time and effort and $$ that to walk away at this point would be like completely giving up. But then again, I know I gave up on the PvP side of BP a long time ago. 

All that good work and typing undone by one farm lie, raids were never 3 months apart, not even once

How long have you been playing? They were quarterly 

This discussion has been closed.