Official Event Discussion Thread - Caress of Steel

• razgriz-fleet-command
    razgriz-fleet-command
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 19
    give us more 45s in this raid 30 guys going after 1 45 is not good for this game
  • mikklehime
    mikklehime
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 217
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 6:39PM
    a complete shower of chit !!!!!
    i'd rather watch TV than be dictated to on what ships i have to build to be able to do the top tier targets !!!!
    if this is the dictating kixeye are going to be doing from now on in raids then they can keep the game. it's going to die even quicker than it has been of late !!!!
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,343
    I went ahead and hit couple the 100 targets. Its nice how in the Hunter my fangs will not fire at that bezerker sub till about 93 range at which point the bezerker fires and does pretty much a one shot kill to my fleet. for 12 gold repair. I have done that target about 4x the bezerker is under the effect of the fang and my subs will not fire one single shot untill I let it get in to about 93 range then they will fire as it one shot sinks me. I know you know about it and "its being looked into" Meanwhile I can keep dropping the 12 coins a repair. Feel bad for  those actually need to get some points for prizes I guess I am lucky 50 mill all I need. I will just hit the other one that only give mes 10 min worth of damage. The other one would be less than that if my fangs would fire like they are supposed to
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 117
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    rogue2k0 said:
    Joe_B222 said:
    rogue2k0 said:

2. Those players who do NOT have the fleets to do T7 sets will never have the fleets to do T7 sets as we cannot get enough points to get the items, weapons or hulls we need to compete at those levels. I don't mind grinding out sets to get points, however, why is it that a T7 set only has 1 level to destroy to get 2 (or 4) million points, yet a T5 set has 3 levels to complete to get 400 points ? I lose 2-3 fleets attempting a level 61 - so getting the full 3 levels for a T5 Set can take me 1 day to get 400k ????? How am I supposed to get the 40+ million points others are getting ??? And to be honest, I have already coined over $100 (convert $US to $AUD) trying to get half a fleet capable of doing this raid, which is incapable of doing half a T5 level without 5 hours of repairs.

I have therefore been doing T4's at 28k per set for the last 14 hours for a total of 830k to date.

You are a level 94..  You are getting half the points you should be getting by doing T4.   IF you do not have the boats to do the raid, then you have to look in the mirror not at Kixeye..  They have given us chance after chance to get the boats..   Most of them straight up giveaways.

I was on holidays/overseas for 5 weeks (missed last 2 raids) and did not get a chance to get the Fangtooth, the Delirium torps OR to build an adequate Hunter Fleet. Just pushed out my 2nd Hunter 2 hrs ago. Also,  thought this was a SKIRMISH Raid ? where my Hellwraiths and Twisters are useless.  Good thing I did not SCRAP my Tideseekers to accommodate ALL the NEW CONQUEROR Hulls which cannot be used in Raids. Just hope the next raid doesn't need Rhinos OR Fusion Cruisers ???
    uhm.. tides came out a few weeks after wraiths, a year ago. they were the first of the raid/tlc type pairings. unclear on what your gripe is with that.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    Jimbo073 said:
    What type of damage is the fat sub doing with the torpedoes? If concussive then the charged armor is being completely bypassed. 
    probably a mix of concussive and explosive.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • KiwiBandit
    KiwiBandit
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 21
    so kixeye is going to screw us over agian are they, by the end of this raid cycle if you do not have both fleets, your going to struggle right?? i stopped coining fleets, i have a set of five with no armor, only two specials and most have full weapons, probably sit this raid out and wait for the next one, if the damage or difficulty increases, then i get i wont do any of the raid cycles and get further behind, soon i'll be so far behind it wont be worth playing anymore and i'll stop spending all together
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    a complete shower of chit !!!!!
    i'd rather watch TV than be dictated to on what ships i have to build to be able to do the top tier targets !!!!
    if this is the dictating kixeye are going to be doing from now on in raids then they can keep the game. it's going to die even quicker than it has been of late !!!!
    so this is the first raid you've done in the last 18 months?
  • mikklehime
    mikklehime
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 217
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 7:06PM
    kixeye haven't been this bad with dictating. i sat out the last skirmchit raid & i will this 1 too. wasted frig knows how long refitting the Htide fleet with both charged armours & the fleet doesn't even finish an 80 set before full repair & am i squibbley giving kixeye money for this ronka rollocks of a raid !!!!
    the problem is kixeye don't like the fact that mercs are taking their money. suck it up kixeye,we have to when u rip us off. lol
     these money grabbing tactics tell the tale of why kixeye had to lay off 1/4 of their staff back in 2015. lol
  • T00T
    T00T
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,643
    Milo-Ant said:
    Can we get the 100% health restriction on PvE subs removed? It was a great idea in the past, but that was then and now it's a hindrance to everyone.
    some of you seem to have very, very short memories
    At least for the duration of the raid, it makes sense. You can't even launch a slightly damaged sub yet you can launch zombie everything else...
    why not just keep them on the map?
    why not engage brain before typing?
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 7:10PM
    T00T said:
    Milo-Ant said:
    Can we get the 100% health restriction on PvE subs removed? It was a great idea in the past, but that was then and now it's a hindrance to everyone.
    some of you seem to have very, very short memories
    At least for the duration of the raid, it makes sense. You can't even launch a slightly damaged sub yet you can launch zombie everything else...
    why not just keep them on the map?
    why not engage brain before typing?
    healer - heal thyself....lol
    don't you feel inferior enough already?
  • Bobo of the High Seas
    Bobo of the High Seas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 669
    yeah, but so is sonar 3.....
    but then, once you do a target once you know where they are at anyway....

Well I was asking about Sonic Targeting not Sonar Pod so thanks...?

Also Sonar Pod 3 is 7 hours, not 1.5 days and provides 30 vs. ST's 40 Sonar range.

And no, once the subs are triggered they start moving so you don't know precisely where they are.  Once again thanks for a non-answer...
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 7:37PM
    yeah, but so is sonar 3.....
    but then, once you do a target once you know where they are at anyway....

Well I was asking about Sonic Targeting not Sonar Pod so thanks...?

Also Sonar Pod 3 is 7 hours, not 1.5 days and provides 30 vs. ST's 40 Sonar range.

And no, once the subs are triggered they start moving so you don't know precisely where they are.  Once again thanks for a non-answer...
    and you were not expecting someone to suggest another special that does the same thing for less build time?
    gotcha - you're so welcome anyway! :)

and, as the other person that responded to your question pointed out - you can be just as successful without any added sonar at all.
    I wonder how he handles the constant and unbearable stress of not knowing where they are??
  • Jimbo073
    Jimbo073
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 600
    Good god why can you not fix an issue that has been know for at least a year, those **** land tiles protecting the subs. It does not kill me all the time because I usually have good routes in the target, but when there is a slip up or i do not play the angle rights, the subs get next to the **** land tiles. So frustrating waiting for crap to get fixed for this long.
  • sk1rmisher
    sk1rmisher
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 225
    Hunter campaign damage needs to go way way way down. 2 charged Ct 2 Charged x on my fangs one **** shot and they are dead. To much. fix it. IDC if its ment for the hunter ship. I should be able to use my fangs in any skirmish target with out being sunk in one shot. It is the elite fleet. I am so tired of you guys trying to make us buy 2 fleets to do these **** raids. I AM SO TIRED OF PVE I am ready to call it quits. I do nothing but build for raids. WHICH IS THE WORST PART OF YOUR GAME. The fun is gone.
  • Rich Mullins
    Rich Mullins
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 16
    so whats the point in making the 45 an optional target but rarely making it available to hit,its either part of the raid or its not,which one?
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,608
    My Fangtooth with HVR and FT does nicely in 45s, auto with 1min 30 sec damage
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Bobo of the High Seas
    Bobo of the High Seas
    Strike-force Captain
    and you were not expecting someone to suggest another special that does the same thing for less build time?

and, as the other person that responded to your question pointed out - you can be just as successful without any added sonar at all.
    I wonder how he handles the constant and unbearable stress of not knowing where they are??

In our reality, 30 < 40 so they're not quite the same.  If, however, the efficacy proved equitable, then by all means it would have been a very valid suggestion.

Even better that SP is much quicker - something that I had to correct you on.

"Just as successful" is still not an answer to my question.  I asked, "is it helpful in detecting the hidden subs"?  No more, no less.  If you are unable to provide a helpful answer or at least one without snark, I suggest you move on.
  • widowmaker475
    widowmaker475
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 12
    put up a lot more 45 taregts
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 13 Oct 2017, 8:17PM

In our reality, 30 < 40 so they're not quite the same.  If, however, the efficacy proved equitable, then by all means it would have been a very valid suggestion.

"Just as successful" is still not an answer to my question.  I asked, "is it helpful in detecting the hidden subs"?  No more, no less.  If you are unable to provide a helpful answer or at least one without snark, I suggest you move on.
    I wasn't being snarky, I suggested sonar pod BECAUSE it was quicker, moron
    the exact response was "yes, but so does sonar 3" which did answer your question
    the snarks initiated with your subsequent responses
  • Rich Mullins
    Rich Mullins
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 16
    that might help the lower levels do better without spending money if they did that!!!
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,343

I use my fangs for PvP most of the time so I put the +40 on as I had a extra slot open. I also had 1 armor spot open so I droped on S armor. I have not FvF yet vs any other sub fleet. As far as Raid goes if thats all you play for and want to do you dont need it. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 117
  • Bobo of the High Seas
    Bobo of the High Seas
    Strike-force Captain
    I wasn't being snarky, I suggested sonar pod BECAUSE it was quicker, moron
    your subsequent responses initiated snarks...lol

I apologize for triggering you.

Sorry if I didn't capture all of this reply of your since you've already edited it a few times.  lol

• Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    they are allocated according to base level
    being a level 94, you're probably not going to see a lot around you.
    I suggest you go looking for active lower level bases
  • scott.beeman.16
    scott.beeman.16
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 35
    Several of us have noticed a change in the power of the targets why would you do this to us??

• kara.turner.31193
    kara.turner.31193
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 134
    Not cool raising the set bonus for T7 to 4 mill.  That kinda screws the players who only have one fleet or the other.  Also not cool limiting T7 to only Fangs and Hunters (T6 hulls).  That means Fang drivers can't use a Corvette or Gunboat as a lead for their Fangs if they don't have the PFang, leaves people with HW or Tides swinging in  the breeze as far as hitting the elite targets.

hw or tides in T7 lol
  • Jimbo073
    Jimbo073
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 600
    not making enough money of this boring event
  • aspra
    aspra
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 2
    Several of us have noticed a change in the power of the targets why would you do this to us??

yes they did it agean

• Jackie Anderson
    Jackie Anderson
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5
    yeah i have noticed this also getting to be a bit annoying to come back to a different amount of damage on my hunters not happy at all  
This discussion has been closed.