How are players doing the Hidden Depths campaign

kixeyeuser_1375899974939_12324_161649786
Skilled Warrior
Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 560
This campaign has not been available, i thought this was a countdown timer to when it would start. I am confused to what is going on here.
"Known issue, WORKING AS INTENDED"
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,223
    You unlock it by doing the 3rd prize pack of the Hunter Games tlc.
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,608
    This campaign has not been available, i thought this was a countdown timer to when it would start. I am confused to what is going on here.
    You need the special from PP3 of Hunter Games TLC in order to start the Hidden Depths TLC
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • Shapu_the_farm
    Shapu_the_farm
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 2,051
    Says in the text block that it requires the PBX.
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    edited 29 Sep 2017, 8:48PM
    He might not know what PBX is.

EDIT: I meant she.
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

• James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,739

Could't that be remedied by reading the description? and then the knowledge from this be used in the future  when new tlc with additional  instructions is released?  :)
    ahava veshalom
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary

Could't that be remedied by reading the description? and then the knowledge from this be used in the future  when new tlc with additional  instructions is released?  :)
    What description? The release notes?
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

• kixeyeuser_1375899974939_12324_161649786
    Skilled Warrior
    well great that stupid map stun crap the drones do totally screw and kill my appollos,,, **** kix

• DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    well great that stupid map stun crap the drones do totally screw and kill my appollos,,, **** kix

Which stun?
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

• akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 513

To be fair here, if your struggling with pack 3 of hunter games, your probably not going to get much done in hidden depths. At least not to a satisfactory point as it's a very all or nothing camp. 
    "Fun" is subjective. What's fun for you may be dull for another. When you apply your subjective notion of "fun" onto another as an objective fact, you've set the standard that the only opinion that matters is your own and those kinds of people aren't much fun to be around.
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    akkisigg said:

To be fair here, if your struggling with pack 3 of hunter games, your probably not going to get much done in hidden depths. At least not to a satisfactory point as it's a very all or nothing camp. 
    Depends on whether the OP's skirmish fleets are better than their assault fleets 
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

• James Leon
    James Leon
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,739
    You need the special from PP3 of Hunter Games TLC in order to start the Hidden Depths TLC
    it says limited time availability and the next line....?  Requires pbx payload ownership.        And I was just saying that  sometimes if we do not know something that we can read the instructions.     supposed to be humorous.
    ahava veshalom
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    akkisigg said:

Depends on whether the OP's skirmish fleets are better than their assault fleets 
    Thats true and I did consider that, but unless they bought the tide deal or had massive help last raid, it's unlikely they're prepared for it. The tides offered in the deal will only take you so far in that camp too. 
    "Fun" is subjective. What's fun for you may be dull for another. When you apply your subjective notion of "fun" onto another as an objective fact, you've set the standard that the only opinion that matters is your own and those kinds of people aren't much fun to be around.
  • Undertaker.7
    Undertaker.7
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 28
    I think you have been greedy with Hidden Depths, only giving shards.  For all the money I spent, I could have bought a fleet of them.  Take away the shards and give the hull itself as the reward..  5438583 Sea_Maiden
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    akkisigg said:
    akkisigg said:

Thats true and I did consider that, but unless they bought the tide deal or had massive help last raid, it's unlikely they're prepared for it. The tides offered in the deal will only take you so far in that camp too. 
    lol if the tides can't help you then guess the only way to proceed is to toss coin at Kixeye
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360

Which stun?
    iirc the last target of pack 1 is an 81, which means the drones have the random AE stun.. if you don't have some resists for it, it can be pretty devastasting
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    I think you have been greedy with Hidden Depths, only giving shards.  For all the money I spent, I could have bought a fleet of them.  Take away the shards and give the hull itself as the reward..  5438583 Sea_Maiden
    Whats the difference between having shards scattered throughout the camp's 4 packs and having the ship itself in the final pack? If anything, this is more generous as if they do the tlc again, with shards, its likely those that couldn't finish pack 4 will be able to finish the flag without doing more than the first two packs on round 2. There's also the possibility that shards are offered in the raid rather than the finished hull so it can discount the overall cost of the ship if you did part of the tlc and not the final pack. Not seeing the greed on this one, especially since a lot are getting it done with 1 fang and older ships.
    Skilled Warrior
    it says limited time availability and the next line....?  Requires pbx payload ownership.        And I was just saying that  sometimes if we do not know something that we can read the instructions.     supposed to be humorous.
    I dont ever recalling that you needed a special before you could do a campaign, so stick your snootiness.
  • Jontork
    Jontork
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 378
    edited 1 Oct 2017, 5:14AM
    I used HW to get through PP2.  I used HW on PP3 and got a big surprise on lev 6.  The subs stun you and you can't move then the missiles or mortars (what ever they are?)  kill you.   I barely made it through PP3 and was shaking my head for at least 15 min after.  Yes I spent coin.  maybe 50 coin to get through PP1-3. 

Edit.  I finished with 2 fangs, mostly complete with half armor.  Was no problem to complete within 1 hr.  gla

• TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,844
    I dont ever recalling that you needed a special before you could do a campaign, so stick your snootiness.
    But there have been numerous occasions in which prerequisites need to be met in order to do a campaign - like having OP9, or being a certain level. If it makes you feel better, don't think of it as needing "a special" - think of it as needing to have completed prize pack 3 of another campaign. Better?
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    akkisigg said:
    akkisigg said:

lol if the tides can't help you then guess the only way to proceed is to toss coin at Kixeye
    Tides do fine in the camp. Used mine and was very pleased. The issue with the tides from the deal is they have garwoods on them. The dps those do is poopoo compared to what most are getting through it with and time to kill is an important factor in damage mitigation with auto fleets (why the Polistis or what ever it was called was so huge an upgrade for skys).
    Skilled Warrior
    so let me get this straight, you need a really good skirmish fleet to get the skirmish build tokens in the hidden depth campaign... is that right.... makes no sense to me at all....
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    so let me get this straight, you need a really good skirmish fleet to get the skirmish build tokens in the hidden depth campaign... is that right.... makes no sense to me at all....
    I guess it depends on what you mean by really good. Tideseekers and HW's can do alright in it, great even, but it's highly dependent on the build used. Its a camp aimed at players who are prepared to try and get one of the top prizes in the next raid early. That kinda thing will come with at least some challenge. 
    Skilled Warrior
    akkisigg said:
    I guess it depends on what you mean by really good. Tideseekers and HW's can do alright in it, great even, but it's highly dependent on the build used. Its a camp aimed at players who are prepared to try and get one of the top prizes in the next raid early. That kinda thing will come with at least some challenge. 
    Or they are using it to see what people do and what weakness they found while doing it so Kixeye can close those during the raid..
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior
    akkisigg said:
    Or they are using it to see what people do and what weakness they found while doing it so Kixeye can close those during the raid..
    I have no doubt they're paying attention to how players are preforming in these targets. I'm also sure that prepared players, after a time of trial, error, and experimentation, will have a very successful raid in a couple weeks. The relevance of their monitoring in relation to the accessibility of the TLC on the other hand, I'm less sure of. 
  • Reg Sanders
    Reg Sanders
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 34
    edited 30 Sep 2017, 12:12PM

***** CS response are against forum rules - specs

Well BRAVO Kixeye, 
    You suckered me into spending a little bit of money. Nowhere near the $14.99 That you would have made by offering me the same Tideseeker deal that you offered to so many others. I tried to do it with what I had available and made it all the way to the last battle of the third prize pack, but you put weapons on those ships that just annihilated my ships, unlike every previous encounter, preventing me from completing the campaign. This game is supposed to be fun and the players should be encouraged to try, and where needed spend money, however, you are taking the fun right out of the game and turning it into a game where YOU, KIXEYE, choose who will be successful and who will not. All of your offers should be offered to everyone, not just the ones that you select to help in the game. This is a PAY TO WIN game and you choose the winners by offering them what they need to be successful. I don't have a Fleet of Tideseekers or any other Skirmish fleet. I would buy them to do this campaign. Others are offered a fleet of Tideseekers and do not buy them because they do not need them. Maybe your marketing department needs to reevaluate their approach because you are missing out on potential sales by limiting your customers and targeting the wrong customers. This is not just me and my opinion. This has been the subject of live broadcast discussions that I have participated in and hosted by many of your high profile players as well as Facebook, forum, and chat dialogue. I can't tell you how to run your business but you aren't doing yourselves any favors with many of your recent tactics. As it stands, it looks like I will have to resume playing for free rather than spending any more money on this game. This is a fun game but you are killing the fun in it and leaving most of the players that I know, whether personal friends or others that I have met around the world, with a distaste for this game and this company. I'm not sure why a company wouldn't want their customers to recommend their product, but that is what isn't happening. It's exactly the opposite. Your former champions of the game are telling people not to start playing. That is unfortunate, and the fact that I felt compelled to write this is also unfortunate. I want to like this game and support the company, but you are making it very difficult for many, myself included, to find a reason to continue supporting this company.

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    edited 30 Sep 2017, 12:14PM

Well BRAVO Kixeye, 
    You suckered me into spending a little bit of money. Nowhere near the $14.99 That you would have made by offering me the same Tideseeker deal that you offered to so many others. I tried to do it with what I had available and made it all the way to the last battle of the third prize pack, but you put weapons on those ships that just annihilated my ships, unlike every previous encounter, preventing me from completing the campaign. This game is supposed to be fun and the players should be encouraged to try, and where needed spend money, however, you are taking the fun right out of the game and turning it into a game where YOU, KIXEYE, choose who will be successful and who will not. All of your offers should be offered to everyone, not just the ones that you select to help in the game. This is a PAY TO WIN game and you choose the winners by offering them what they need to be successful. I don't have a Fleet of Tideseekers or any other Skirmish fleet. I would buy them to do this campaign. Others are offered a fleet of Tideseekers and do not buy them because they do not need them. Maybe your marketing department needs to reevaluate their approach because you are missing out on potential sales by limiting your customers and targeting the wrong customers. This is not just me and my opinion. This has been the subject of live broadcast discussions that I have participated in and hosted by many of your high profile players as well as Facebook, forum, and chat dialogue. I can't tell you how to run your business but you aren't doing yourselves any favors with many of your recent tactics. As it stands, it looks like I will have to resume playing for free rather than spending any more money on this game. This is a fun game but you are killing the fun in it and leaving most of the players that I know, whether personal friends or others that I have met around the world, with a distaste for this game and this company. I'm not sure why a company wouldn't want their customers to recommend their product, but that is what isn't happening. It's exactly the opposite. Your former champions of the game are telling people not to start playing. That is unfortunate, and the fact that I felt compelled to write this is also unfortunate. I want to like this game and support the company, but you are making it very difficult for many, myself included, to find a reason to continue supporting this company.

and the punchline is:

"you are a consultant."
    "yes.. how did you know?"
    "you came without being called, you charged me a fee to tell me something i already knew, and you don't know anything about my business. may i have my dog back?"

duh dum TSH!
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • akkisigg
    akkisigg
    Skilled Warrior

Well BRAVO Kixeye, 

And what, if anything, does copy pasting your rant whole cloth from another thread here help do? Does it shine light on the OPs problem? Does it offer advice or helpful solutions? Me thinks it attempts to further derail the thread.
  • Reg Sanders
    Reg Sanders
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 34
    akkisigg said:

Well BRAVO Kixeye, 

And what, if anything, does copy pasting your rant whole cloth from another thread here help do? Does it shine light on the OPs problem? Does it offer advice or helpful solutions? Me thinks it attempts to further derail the thread.
    akkisigg: It was the exact recommendation that I received from customer support. It wasn't my idea to post it in the forums, so you will have to ask customer support that question. I prefaced my post with their advice but apparently it is against forum rules to post customer support replies and was deleted from the beginning of my post. I do know that CS did forward it to the game developers and told me that the developers read the forums. I hope this helps.