Letter of a disappointed pirate

WallyFleet RETIRED
WallyFleet RETIRED
Incursion Leader
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 1,117
edited 23 Sep 2017, 4:00PM
please don't merge this because the VXP weekend is only a small part of the problem.
Last week I had a wonderful raid 400M + with only 100 coins, I had fun, helped some peeps and got everything I wanted. I started the unstoppable sloth, since our friends of KIXEYE said there will be a PVE dock ... 
Update this week : OP10 with a lot of new stuff YAY !!!! Oh look no PVE dock, ****. Ok, no worries I still have a lot of stuff that needs ranking in the VXP weekend, so I'll guess I'll build my fangs after I coined the uSloth just before the weekend. I was however a bit late to start so I didn't coin it yet. To my surprise I saw the VXP was more a uranium hunt then a VXP thingie, so I didn't coin my uSloth since there was no use to get it ready. In the mean time I looked at my base a bit with OP10 there was a lot of stuff to do. 30 extra tiles yay !!! result : uSloth is useless ... :o So the top ship we got in raid is useless even before it is build ... I suspect trier 7 ships are on the way making all the seven sins ships and all other conquerors form the last couple of months useless? So everything most people did (especially the heavy customers) is waist of time? Lots of small players have only trier 5 ships at this moment, getting their but handed in almost every base, big guys that have trier 6 ships don't get in OP10 bases anymore, so either they get frustrated and leave or farm small bases (more then before)

I'm not at all a tin foil hat pirate and don't believe in greed, but I do believe in mismanagement and poor judgment in game development. Rampage, mate, you do a very good job in communicating and I congratulate KIXEYE for this step of putting you here. I hope now your bosses look a bit closer how the game development is handled.

I'm a long time player and, until now, I defended you guys a lot against the "money grabber criers" and the "conspiracy hunters" but this time I think I'm at the end defending here.

regards
WallyFleet (3M ID, lvl 114 and (not so) moderate coiner) 

PS this is no goodbye message, I'm still playing but with way less fun then in the past.
PS2 if any language errors forgive me, English is not my native language
PS3 I know you won't but I have some good idea's how to make this game fun again, so feel free to ask.

Goodbye **** game
I'm leaving you today
Goodbye,
Goodbye, all you people
There's nothing you can say
To make me change my mind
Goodbye (inspired by Pink floyd)
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 11,055
    You automatically assume that because we got 30 tiles that the usloth is now useless? It still outranges the majority of ships used in base guard and has a lot of good bonuses. The main one being it very effectively counters the axiom turret that a lot of people complained and said that killed pvp. People always rush their opinions in pvp and dont wait to see just how well other players may adapt to the game. 
    Officially retired 11/11/17

Semi active as of 7-3-2019
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    I'm not even doing anything for this vxp weekend. I have no interest in dying in the targets with the reports of the much lowered payout and since I only have shells the only other reward in the target is not possible to achieve for reasonable cost plus i still have my tides that can auto the reaver armadas and get more than enough uranium for my base upgrades for while they exist and allow me to build my fangs. 

• WallyFleet RETIRED
    WallyFleet RETIRED
    Incursion Leader
    xwolf1 said:
    You automatically assume that because we got 30 tiles that the usloth is now useless? It still outranges the majority of ships used in base guard and has a lot of good bonuses. The main one being it very effectively counters the axiom turret that a lot of people complained and said that killed pvp. People always rush their opinions in pvp and dont wait to see just how well other players may adapt to the game. 
    I don't rush my opinion, you should know that already if you read older replies from me. I've seen several of hits already and seen the results: Bases that were good just before the OP10 and would not stop the uSloth, just need to use the 30 tiles to out range it. Only bases that count only on the axiom are maybe open (but those are not good bases :p )
    PS I don't assume, I'm an engineer. Good engineers test stuff ;)
    Goodbye **** game
    I'm leaving you today
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye, all you people
  • WallyFleet RETIRED
    WallyFleet RETIRED
    Incursion Leader
    xwolf1 said:
    I'm not even doing anything for this vxp weekend. I have no interest in dying in the targets with the reports of the much lowered payout and since I only have shells the only other reward in the target is not possible to achieve for reasonable cost plus i still have my tides that can auto the reaver armadas and get more than enough uranium for my base upgrades for while they exist and allow me to build my fangs. 
    I think I started my message with "the VXP weekend is only a small part of the problem" ...
    Goodbye **** game
    I'm leaving you today
    Goodbye,
    Goodbye, all you people
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@Walter Van der Stiggel said:
    xwolf1 said:

I don't rush my opinion, you should know that already if you read older replies from me. I've seen several of hits already and seen the results: Bases that were good just before the OP10 and would not stop the uSloth, just need to use the 30 tiles to out range it. Only bases that count only on the axiom are maybe open (but those are not good bases :p )

That is true but op10 is still very fresh and so is the usloth. People also got used to rages and might be a bit rusty with using a fleet that requires more thinking to drive it properly. I say you rush it because the tactics to fight op10 haven't been prepare properly just yet :p.

But that might be me. Unlike giving the newest PvP tech a week before making my judgement about how to use it or counter it and just how effective it is.

• xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@Walter Van der Stiggel said:
    xwolf1 said:

I think I started my message with "the VXP weekend is only a small part of the problem" ...

I would say it's more than small. Kixeye has never kept to their word about making vxp ranks not essential for one. But that's also why I made a separate comment for this. Or else it would have only been seen as a small problem and ignored. Granted.....there are enough threads about it already ..

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    xwolf1 said:
    y'know, there are some professions you just shouldn't advertise.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • John Croxford
    John Croxford
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 97
    I agree with the OP. I like how the larger players tell you to adapt then all of a sudden this power creep engulfs them like a tsunami and start to complain. They actually see what is happening to the smaller players. 
  • kixeyeuser_1401561753325_100003939824742
    kixeyeuser_1401561753325_100003939824742
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 159
    where  did you get Kix said we would be getting a PVE dock/  yes it's need but they never said anything about a PVE dock.  they said they would do a dry dock which they did in the form of the conquest shipyard although as they said it wouldn't be avaiaible immidiately after OP10 that it would be available shortly there after.  honestly i'd prefer to see a perminate 2 repair que with automatic fleet repairs starting as soon as one fleet finishes repairing. and a massive bump to number of ships ya can have especially if they are going insistantly on with bounty with the intention of moving all PVP prizes eventually into only being available threw bounty. (at which point bounty WILL NOT BE OPTIONABLE, because even if your not into PVP base hitting you need to be able to defend your base) which will force use PVE players into bounty as well :pensive:

• John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    I watched a lot of top bases with OP10 done get smashed with bus/sloth fleets. In fact most those bases I prob wouldnt try with my R/Rage fleet.  By all means say they are useless and dont make them so there are less running around. 
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • AwesomeJoshua532
    AwesomeJoshua532
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 105
    There is a constant overpowering in BP... overpowered ships then overpowered bases... I'm sure there will be a swing back to overpowered ships in the near future.
  • DarkMercenary
    DarkMercenary
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1,608
    There is a constant overpowering in BP... overpowered ships then overpowered bases... I'm sure there will be a swing back to overpowered ships in the near future.
    I'm surprised a level 70 who started playing 5 months ago can see the "constant overpowering" in this game lol
    DarkMercenary (WOTWU)

Death before dishonor. 

Hulls earned: King's Writ, Gluttony, Phantom Hellwraith, Fedox's Fury, Fury, Vassago's Pride, Liberator, Inquisitor, Harlock Alpha Behemoth, Phantom Tiger Shark, Rage, Pride, Malice, Vendetta, Corvette.

Sectors Visited: 84, 285, 407.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    I'm surprised a level 70 who started playing 5 months ago can see the "constant overpowering" in this game lol
    i'm disappointed with your surprise
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • tigerexp
    tigerexp
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2017 Posts: 100
    The game is out of control, thus I will no longer coin even my modest amount now. 
  • kian
    kian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 235
    Players always complain about the power creep, started all the way back when the dnx was introduced and basically it did not matter if you coined or not your base was toast lol, Having said that the power creep has been ramped up over the last 18 months to what could be considered stupid proportions despite kixeye stating they were turning it down. ie Less super hulls, less content etc but this has not happened and the content overload continues at the same pace 

we no longer have co-op targets during raids, we only have TLC ( time ltd campaigns) and not campaigns that we can do over time .an abundance of flagships that now take up a lot of dock space

the time it takes to repair our dock is starting to creep up again, in fact repair times and build times are all starting to creep up again

Players that coin will continue to coin because they have an investment in the game and without them there would be no game.

in my opinion kixeye has got a little greedy but they have a business to run and make a profit and they forget that not everyone has deep pockets.

Kixeye do things that are for the benefit of the player but it is more as a reaction to them being criticised rather than them being proactive, so rather than just have a rant make suggestions along with the complaints
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    in my opinion kixeye has got a little greedy but they have a business to run and make a profit and they forget that not everyone has deep pockets.
    it's a free game. besides that, every company ever is acutely aware of the depth or lack thereof of their customers' pockets.
  • AwesomeJoshua532
    AwesomeJoshua532
    Minor Nuisance
    I have only played for 5 months but I play with several long term players, that's where I got my information from.
    Crystal clear to me, surprised it's not to you.  

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    I have only played for 5 months but I play with several long term players, that's where I got my information from.

five months is more than enough time for it to be crystal clear to you that players say more dishonest things than honest things and rely on their imaginations rather than facts most of the time.
  • AwesomeJoshua532
    AwesomeJoshua532
    Minor Nuisance
    GrumpyReign said:
    five months is more than enough time for it to be crystal clear to you that players say more dishonest things than honest things and rely on their imaginations rather than facts most of the time.

Your post adds nothing to the conversation and is based on some shadow of an experience YOU had that has nothing to do with the post.
    You're what's wrong with the forum.

I stand by my statement.  If you want to add something positive great, if not don't bother.   

Gesh, if trolling were a sport....
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    GrumpyReign said:

Your post adds nothing to the conversation and is based on some shadow of an experience YOU had that has nothing to do with the post.
    You're what's wrong with the forum.

I stand by my statement.  If you want to add something positive great, if not don't bother.   

Gesh, if trolling were a sport....
    qed :sunglasses:

historical fact: "overpowered" is gamer for "i can't be bothered to figger this out." stick that in yer pipe and smoke it, mister drama llama
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1,350

five months is more than enough time for it to be crystal clear to you that trolls like myself say more dishonest things than honest things and rely on their imaginations rather than facts most of the time.
    I changed your comment so it makes sense. You're welcome.
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@TheOctopus said:
    GrumpyReign said:

AwesomeJoshua532 said:

DarkMercenary said:

five months is more than enough time for it to be crystal clear to you that trolls like myself say more dishonest things than honest things and rely on their imaginations rather than facts most of the time.

Not it was accurate the first time. Just because you don't agree with it does not make him a troll. Have we not been through this?

• AwesomeJoshua532
    AwesomeJoshua532
    Minor Nuisance
    edited 26 Sep 2017, 6:23AM
    xwolf1 said:

As TheOctopus pointed out above, sometimes players that want to have a productive conversation on this forum need to adjust your comments. To clearly show how you add to the post...  I've adjusted your comments above.  Thank you for your input. 
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1,350
    xwolf1 said:

@TheOctopus said:
    GrumpyReign said:

AwesomeJoshua532 said:

DarkMercenary said:

Not it was accurate the first time. Just because you don't agree with it does not make him a troll. Have we not been through this?

Assuming that you are right while everyone else is wrong is the textbook definition of a couple of things, among them a superiority complex, delusion, megalomania and vaingloriousness. You may select which you like best, they are all equally applicable. It is the arrogance of people who believe only they are right, and then viciously troll and insult everyone who happens to be of differing opinion, which continually poisons these forums and does not permit a constructive, amicable discussion culture to take root. Which is the real shame here, as many people, namely exactly those people that GrumpyReign insults above, come to forums in the hope for exactly such a thing, and are only met with disdain and toxicity.

Sorry for digressing, but at least once in a while, someone has to take a stand against blatant trolling and speak the truth. Back to topic.
  • Joe_B222
    Joe_B222
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,211
    except you just said you didnt coin your U sloth...  SO you assumed it was worthless due to some hits you saw from other people.. 

you didnt test anything yourself.

• Trolls must die
    Trolls must die
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 120

No this isn't a rant about anything. This is for suggestions to your game. Could you possibly add a PvP dock that has the 4 hour repair and have a pve dock that can insta repair that way I can do both. Idc about long build times or any of that I have become a casual player since life gets in the way lol but it would be nice not to loose large amounts of game play due to PvP.
    PS: a dry dock would still be nice and a place to test a build before we actually click build and loose 15 to 20 days

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.” 
    ― Sun TzuThe Art of War
  • Spider Retired
    Spider Retired
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 319
    LOL, Its very nice to see that now after 1 year of no play in BP there is no more happy players then before. Thank good i managed to make the desition to get out of the gae even tho i stayed until lvl 107.

The bad feeling with it is to leave good friends in the community's in order to get a better life again without BP. And i have now seen that the desition has been real good. I see game staus and abuse is as bad or wourse than before so im happy im cured.

Regards
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    LOL, Its very nice to see that now after 1 year of no play in BP there is no more happy players then before. Thank good i managed to make the desition to get out of the gae even tho i stayed until lvl 107.

The bad feeling with it is to leave good friends in the community's in order to get a better life again without BP. And i have now seen that the desition has been real good. I see game staus and abuse is as bad or wourse than before so im happy im cured.

Regards
    to be honest, the game is easier to keep up for free than ever.
  • Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    It will interesting to see if Rampart provides any feedback to the 100's of player posts both here and on the FTC page regarding events over the past week.   Hundreds of players took the opportunity to provide feedback.   Regardless of the delivery there were some central issues that were communicated, and hopefully the community manager will communicate back to his community.
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • Bobo of the High Seas
    Bobo of the High Seas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 641
    bort said:

Regards
    to be honest, the game is easier to keep up for free than ever.

Since swapping to the 3 month raid cycle, it's easier to keep up?  Did they add more tokens to the mix since moving from the 4 month cycle?