Fangtooth cloak efficiency

captaingonnagetu
captaingonnagetu
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 47
edited 22 Sep 2017, 6:54PM
Ok so Ive tried both the new campaign and these new uranium targets with 1 fang and my question is; if this is a skill hull why is it being spotted b4 if it gets in range? i understand possibly vxp targets spotting u easy sure. they designed to kill you usually anyway but the daily camp seems out of wack. Either the cloak efficiency screwd up atm or the targets are well beyond the new sub, perhaps i need a ton of cloaking efficiency to get in without being spotted not sure. , my sub not finished yet but thought id atleast see what i was getting into to get idea of what i need on sub

• katra5
    katra5
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 977
    They ahve thermal, cloak means nothing
  • captaingonnagetu
    captaingonnagetu
    Potential Threat
    thats why I'm confussed, atleast in hellwraith targets there was a small window to shoot from and not get hit but im just not seeing it this time

• AbashedLemming
    AbashedLemming
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,386
    Yes mine were detected and fired on from well beyond my torp range Only have an engine and 1 new torp on bit scared for the raid on based on the brief look i got before they hammered me.
  • DaMerlyn
    DaMerlyn
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 425
    I too have questions regarding cloak efficiency, do we need it on Fangs? The kix suggested build had zero cloak efficiency, if they never surface, does it still need it?
  • thewalrusispaul
    thewalrusispaul
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 280
    Correct.   We have a sub that doesn't surface but is always visible.   So, basically a regular surface ship.   I'd guess this is because a lot of folks complained about having to use subs last year.  I also see that the enemy subs have suffered the same fate, and probably for the same reason.

• Ray_P
    Ray_P
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 2,526
    Yes mine were detected and fired on from well beyond my torp range Only have an engine and 1 new torp on bit scared for the raid on based on the brief look i got before they hammered me.
    I had a similar experience,  2 torps and Hydraulic.   I never got in range and was killed.   I'm confused about the whole thing now,  less than a week after end of raid and new ships can't attack targets on weekend event?   Not going to get much experience out of this other than how to die fast.
    Ray_P   

Winner of Hellhound, Grimshine, Nighthawk,  V2 C/H, JuggX, Mastedon, Interceptor, Atlas, Viper, Enforcer, Nash, Reaper, Spectre, Hellstrike, Vindicator, Triton, Stingray, Interdictor, Hurricane, MCX, Goliath, Barracuda, Strike Cruiser, Mercury, Mauler, Super Fortress, Battleship, Battle Cruiser,  HHA,  HHB 

Remember at the end of the day it's a game,  it's not your life. 

Sectors 138,  316,  248,  177,   315
  • Jimbo073
    Jimbo073
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 600
    mine is sitting at 60% cloak (mag2) at the moment, can get my shots off on the enemy at just max range of 100 if my math is correct, but a slip up cost me dearly, of course i do not have any armor on it right now. 
  • Digits_Brigade
    Digits_Brigade
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 522
    Can a Mod or CM from Kixeye just come out and tell us if having cloak efficiency is needed on the Fangtooth subs.  From what I can tell it is not.
  • captaingonnagetu
    captaingonnagetu
    Potential Threat
    The video's a nice addition to thread thanks.
  • Digits_Brigade
    Digits_Brigade
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 522
    It must be long range thermal on those targets, because even my HR with 101% cloaking were seen just as soon as the ones without any.
  • kixeyeuser_5037668
    kixeyeuser_5037668
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,043
    yeah it would be useful to know for sure about cloak because simply put if it really dont make a difference then it frees up another special slot for something that might help. these targets seem to be changing everything we know about sub builds.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    yeah it would be useful to know for sure about cloak because simply put if it really dont make a difference then it frees up another special slot for something that might help. these targets seem to be changing everything we know about sub builds.
    given all the herp a derp over mutts and the sonar transformer, everyone should be well versed in cloak mechanics by now.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    kixeyeuser_1360474173766_4431_1620631180
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 208
    working as intended lol,  seriously though,  just build them, an if you build them right, kix will adjust and change everything so you have to refit, either way, your going to have to spend money, thats the whole point of alienating 3/4's of your remaining player base lol
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    Ray_P said:
    I had a similar experience,  2 torps and Hydraulic.   I never got in range and was killed.   I'm confused about the whole thing now,  less than a week after end of raid and new ships can't attack targets on weekend event?   Not going to get much experience out of this other than how to die fast.
    it's not a weekend event
    it's a new addition to the daily campaigns....
    it will be around....forever
    which means we have plenty, plenty of time to figure it out.
  • PenguinPants
    PenguinPants
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 1,572
    I have 1 Fang with Cat3 and 1 without. They both get spotted in the 100 at the same distance. Worst part is you can't even zombie subs to grind vxp.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    Can a Mod or CM from Kixeye just come out and tell us if having cloak efficiency is needed on the Fangtooth subs.  From what I can tell it is not.
    the ships in the target have red rings
    red rings means thermal
    thermal doesn't care about cloak efficiency

• DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    Nice video above but has anyone tried a Fang w/max cloak? In shipyard with full  D2-S cloak comes out at 98%. Maybe that is the build to go for?
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    this thread is going to be fantastic.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • USS-Sovereign
    USS-Sovereign
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 817
    following.
    Sectors Visited: 275, 305, 382, 428, 53, 350, 106, 182, 244, 37, 373,423         Level: 105+       
    Alliance: USSHMS
  • Jimbo073
    Jimbo073
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 600
    I guess the cloak % does not really matter, as it seemed in the video the fleets were spotted at the same time. I am guessing all these ships have 100 range, because you can hit them without being fired at with the delirium fang if you are careful. 
  • katra5
    katra5
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 977
    again, it's thermal cloak means nothing
  • john.dean.1291421
    john.dean.1291421
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 687
    i get that we coin in raids to earn prizes even with the best fleets but using these targets which require specific fleets to earn a resource is pretty dumb. Resources should be available in various amounts to all levels not be subject to this depth of difficulty.
  • TigerAceR
    TigerAceR
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,951
    Dont bother with increasing cloak efficiency. They will spot you just as well at 0% cloak than at 100% cloak. Thermal is why. Your better off increasing your sonar to see the Goblin before its too late.
    Former Battle Vortex Arbiter
  • T00T
    T00T
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,580
    the ships in the target have red rings
    red rings means thermal
    thermal doesn't care about cloak efficiency

White sonar rings usually hide under red thermal rings, so confirmation would be nice.
  • captaingonnagetu
    captaingonnagetu
    Potential Threat
    I was just trying to point out that this fangtooth is the new skill hull  yet where's the skill in it if your getting spotted regardless of driving. The video clearly shows the efficiency doesnt matter and once again was good to see.There need to be a reward for skill'd sub driving, if we stay this course we might aswell have a surface ship
  • Shadows-13
    Shadows-13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 866
    DaMerlyn said:
    I too have questions regarding cloak efficiency, do we need it on Fangs? The kix suggested build had zero cloak efficiency, if they never surface, does it still need it?
    What was the suggested kix build?
    Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    -Sun Tzu