Time token riot top prize 2 million points.

• LeonHall
    LeonHall
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 15
    slim-B said:

Come on now! That's 1 heck of a grind in just 24 hours at 65k per fleet at best. I'm on vacation with plenty of free time but, I'm not grinding that! Some if not most of us have a life and like living it. Lower the point requirements next time y'all decide to do this event! Or double the time reduction!

Seemed easy to me. 

Should look at lowering the point totals from killing DC fleers
  • SaffronSkies
    SaffronSkies
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 497

I used my anti-bs vigilantes and swarm dominion (pushed by a basilisk cutter). They took out a 65 rather easily. This event fleet is one of the easiest to kite since the battleships do not have VF; even if they open fire, your ships still won't get hit if you run away.

I believe that problem is not in the difficulty but in the amount of fleets you have to grind. It took 1.5 hours for me to accumulate 2M.

31 fleets in an hour and a half...I call BS on that.  I know you have a history of boasting but there's no way by manual flying that you did that.
    Actually don't need to hit 31 fleets to get 2M points. One lvl 65 and 1 base hit will give you 132k points. I am assuming that since it's Cyrus, his base level is above 60 for sure .I probably need to hit around 15-16 fleets. Which is half the number mentioned here. 15-16 fleets in 90 minutes is very doable. 
    I didn't think there were base hits on the Riot.
    My mistake. I took it for sector strike!
  • googleno2
    googleno2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 113
    For those who still crying about Riot:
    -Fleet is hard: yes, so farm lower level when you get too much rep.
    -Prize is suck: totally agree with that.
    -Can't get 2M intel in 24h: Learn how to fly instead, or at least search in forum or youtube then. Someone will teach you fly, like the old time Vega.
    I've played 3 accs, farm all em in 6h mainly, 3h for repping-testing at the beginning of Riot. Then, i can farm 1M in 1h, hell yeah, 4 minutes per 65, non-stop, only rep when reach 2M.
    This' the 1st time in year i feel the challenge in VC fleet design, so i decide to do the Riot. Ive skipped some Alien events becuz its very boring.
    Write those lines not mean to showing up, but show new players how great VC was, how VC is difference than other games out there.
    Sadly, not anymore. I was decided stop playing VC since Paladin event, still loggin-playin becuz i still love the game, love my Alliance members, still the hope VC great again (silly me).
  • visitor 22
    visitor 22
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 15
    Might come as surprise to you but some of us have lives and a job. Two solid hours + of farming doing the same thing over and over again for such a crappy end prize isn't worth it.

Go do something more constructive with your time.
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,654
    Might come as surprise to you but some of us have lives and a job. Two solid hours + of farming doing the same thing over and over again for such a crappy end prize isn't worth it.

You are right! Why are you playing this in game? You could play solitarie, might fit better your needs...or just because you have life and a job you should login and in 5 minutes get what you wish? Is that your point?
  • googleno2
    googleno2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 113

If ya know how how, compare the Riot-Planet Strike-Sector Strike with Alien events, you'll see the challenge in every battles. You fly difference, take difference damage, something change in enemy course, you will think about counter course. Not in Alien events, mostly just through what you have in ship pool then rep, log off, done. Its very BORING.
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

For what it's worth, I feel this "riot" is pretty worthless... however to say it can't be done without coining is ludacris. Kill the 65s. Even if you can't kill the carrier, it's scores you a base hit. If you're participating in this event then you're probably at least level 45ish. That's 110,000 points with every successful hit on a 65. Arrest or beams won't do it for you. You need net torpedo to do these fleets with zero damage and guess what. I'm doing 65s with no damage. Unless I look away.... then I lose my fleet O.o

-Git Gud 
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,839
    Todd7123 said:
    So bring a decent battle ship fleet and avoid the net torps and you can deal with these or bring a blank insta decoy its a old fleet same strategy works as before they also dialed back the higher fleets see the pinned thread for details.

Its somewhat tricky on mobile IMO PC gives much better results

Best of luck
    Kixeye has stated that the game is focused primarily on mobile play. "just do it on the PC version" is no longer a valid instruction.
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,839
    Revann said:

For what it's worth, I feel this "riot" is pretty worthless... however to say it can't be done without coining is ludacris. Kill the 65s. Even if you can't kill the carrier, it's scores you a base hit. If you're participating in this event then you're probably at least level 45ish. That's 110,000 points with every successful hit on a 65. Arrest or beams won't do it for you. You need net torpedo to do these fleets with zero damage and guess what. I'm doing 65s with no damage. Unless I look away.... then I lose my fleet O.o

The riot is certainly doable, the prizes just aren't worth the grind.
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

And to flag me as off topic, when I'm totally on topic. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. This one you can flag Fokker.

-Git Gud 
  • slim-B
    slim-B
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 68

Think the person may have flagged as off topic because there is no base hits in riots. Base hits are in sector strike. This post is or was about time token riot and it not being worth the grind. Not that it's not doable.

• zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801
    Revann said:

And to flag me as off topic, when I'm totally on topic. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh. This one you can flag Fokker.

I have no problem with flagging posts that qualify for flagging.
  • starcrusher
    starcrusher
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 139

I agree that the prizes and point requirements for them are a little off. Ordinarily when there are 2m point requirements there are base hit bonuses but I'm very happy to have an event that does require skill to participate in. I've done 65s with four zeals a rag and a decoy for zero damage on mobile. However, the 24 hr limit makes it extremely difficult for newer players to develop strategies and practice them.

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,978
    edited 26 Sep 2017, 3:37PM
    I'll agree that the 2 million points is tough. I got to the 1 million after maybe 1.5 hours hitting 63s and 65s and unfortunately that's all I had time for this round. 

63s I can hit with a Valkyrie Hellfire fleet, so you don't even really need an agility field. Need stasis and anti-squadron weapons more.
    65s I used a Paladin with a motley crew of annihilator, hellfire, and zeal battleships.

I've also got one cruiser in each of these fleets as since the AI change an insta-rep decoy isn't as useful, so I've swapped that out...

It can be done, but I do agree it is definitely a grind. 65s weren't always available which is why I'd take a 63 when I could. Maybe next time I'll jump around to them with my Javalin instead, hitting only 65s might help me get to 2 million in the same time frame. Maybe also do some lower levels on auto at the same time. It was definitely a busy sector last night with two events going on.
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • ann_you-bis
    ann_you-bis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 40
    edited 26 Sep 2017, 5:01PM
    The RIOT prize is ok. The Raiders fleet is ok. BUT REMOVE THAT **** EXPIRATION TIME FROM ALL, I SAID ALL,  TIME TOKENS. Is not about just coin. FOR ME, is about free will to do whatever and when I want! I am sure that my time is more than enough to pay the bill for free will!!

Anyway, do it and the game will be fair again, ABOUT THIS new RIOT format.
  • ipevac
    ipevac
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 250
    If you look at the point rewards, you'll notice Kix has made the increase more linear instead of exponential like these fleets used to be.  However, the difficulty has been kept exponential.  If you are manually flying it is a lot more time efficient to hit 60s then 65s.  From my experience, 65s have about 3 times the health/damage of the 60s with not a significant increase in points.  I can finish the 60 in about 2-3 minutes, while 65 takes 4-5 to kite.

However, for me best point per time spent was farming 50s.  These targets are pretty much insta repair with a fleet of moderately upgraded Exterminators with a paladin carrier.  Since i only have 3, i put in some suppressor/guardian with anti squardon weapons.  I used iron blockade with destroyers up front.  The fight would last under a minute.  I would have to wait a few seconds and jump back ( not needed if you have one of the upgraded 30 second jump drives ).  I think with a full fleet of 6 destroyers it might even be possible to do 60s with insta repair.  Doing things this way took under 2 hours and since it was mostly auto, I was free to do things where more entertaining.

I think the point payout curve and the difficulty curve for these fleets are not properly balanced with each other.
  • MoxMax
    MoxMax
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 669
    I am amazed how some of you think that it is ok to grind 2-3 hours to get top prize since there are many events and hitting same fleet becomes very boring. Like some said Vega is not the only thing in life but Kixeye behaves like it is and then they are probably asking themselves why players are quitting. I am not sure for how long will remaining players be willing to do so many time consuming events.
  • Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222
    slim-B said:

Oh I didn't know this event was for near end gamers only. The build token for a rebel hull at the first level lead me to think differently.... With only 5 minutes till it expires.

5 minutes expiration?? LMAO seriously??  Good god i didnt even notice... probably because it was already gone

• jumpmaster007
    jumpmaster007
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 22

@Todd7123 said:
    It's 31 fleets they are Vsec fleets so most near end game players should be able to do this with relatively low time and repairs I would think.

Knobhead. Get a life you kix ****

• Salvador Reyes
    Salvador Reyes
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 87
    harppn said:
    jameis13 said:
    Todd7123 said:

It's 31 fleets they are Vsec fleets so most near end game players should be able to do this with relatively low time and repairs I would think.

have you tried a 65 yet?

He doesn't need time tokens. He already gets free coins from Kix for shilling...I mean moderating the forums.
    Hahahaha man this comment made my day but it was a little disrespectful but very true argument. 
    Few people that works for kixeye gets "tester accounts" which has around 5,000,000 - 6,000,000 coins to freely spend on whatever they wish at game. So they just don't understand how hard is the real gameplay as a normal player. 
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801
    harppn said:
    jameis13 said:
    Todd7123 said:

have you tried a 65 yet?

He doesn't need time tokens. He already gets free coins from Kix for shilling...I mean moderating the forums.
    Hahahaha man this comment made my day but it was a little disrespectful but very true argument. 
    Few people that works for kixeye gets "tester accounts" which has around 5,000,000 - 6,000,000 coins to freely spend on whatever they wish at game. So they just don't understand how hard is the real gameplay as a normal player. 
    aren't those tester accounts also on a different server, so they can't interact with the player base?
  • Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,794

I ran 3 fleets and auto farmed anything between lvl 53 and 63 and earned 2 million in 40 minutes. It was seriously boring.