3 Limited turrets build time.

KillerChrome7
KillerChrome7
Skilled Warrior
Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 391
Hellos all,
    So with the three new limited turrets with their outrageous power requirements, anyone know their build times?  

Now, to head off any de-railing..
--I know about the existence base parts.. no need to remind me. 

• Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,414
    Given the tier and Kix is currently closed, I'm going go with 14ish days.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2,844
    Don't know about the build times, though if you are refitting a turret it will depend on what you are replacing. The outrageous power requirements should be less of an issue with op10. 
    I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1,350
    Hellos all,
        So with the three new limited turrets with their outrageous power requirements, anyone know their build times?  

Seeing those turrets are labeled as tier 6.5, we might not even be permitted to use base parts to speed them up...
  • KillerChrome7
    KillerChrome7
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 391
    Hellos all,

Seeing those turrets are labeled as tier 6.5, we might not even be permitted to use base parts to speed them up...
    Mmm, Good, if unsettling, point there.. 
  • hitman
    hitman
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,987

Mmm, Good, if unsettling, point there.. 
    Good job no one mentioned the time to upgrade the turrets as well as building the weapon.....
    Blackwater pirate, started in sec 95, been pretty much everywhere since then
  • AndySh
    AndySh
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 16
    Regarding the "outrageous power requirements", when will we see OP 10? 
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,414
    AndySh said:
    I can't say what what I've been told due the date possibly changing, so I'm going to go with......

• TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Hellos all,

Now why would you even say that? Tier level has NEVER affected the usage of base parts. Are you also assuming that since the new Sloth is tier 6.5 that maybe ship build tokens wouldn't apply? Hypthetical statements like this have no place in a proper discussion, event if they are a poor attempt at humor. 

I apologize if it feels I am violating the rules of forums by attacking you, but I am merely attacking a pessimistic baseless assumption that only serves to frighten and panic the community. 

I have a hard time believing that we are dealing with a company that is brilliantly scamming us AND entirely incompetent. 

This is a private company in a capitalist market trying to make money - your money. Give it to them, or don't - but don't fault them for trying. 
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Hellos all,

Now why would you even say that? Tier level has NEVER affected the usage of base parts. Are you also assuming that since the new Sloth is tier 6.5 that maybe ship build tokens wouldn't apply? Hypthetical statements like this have no place in a proper discussion, event if they are a poor attempt at humor. 

I apologize if it feels I am violating the rules of forums by attacking you, but I am merely attacking a pessimistic baseless assumption that only serves to frighten and panic the community. 

Your personal attack is once again completely unwarranted. Do you really not remember that all items associated with OP9 used to be exempted from speed-up by base parts for a long time? We cannot know for certain that this will apply to the new turrets, but it is a possibility, and I was merely pointing out that possibility. 
  • SyndicateRR
    SyndicateRR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 321
    edited 14 Sep 2017, 3:21PM
    Hellos all,

Your personal attack is once again completely unwarranted. Do you really not remember that all items associated with OP9 used to be exempted from speed-up by base parts for a long time? We cannot know for certain that this will apply to the new turrets, but it is a possibility, and I was merely pointing out that possibility. 
    The new turret's has nothing to do with op10, and we've never have had a turret weapon that we wasnt able to use baseparts on... 
  • hitman
    hitman
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,987
    You couldn't use base parts to upgrade turret platforms to level 8 last time the op was upgraded, but you could use base parts to change the turret weapon if you had sufficient power for the weapon.  I'm assuming we will be able to upgrade the turret platforms this time as well and doubt we will be able to use base parts for that...but as for fitting the new weapons...we should be able to use base parts based on the way previous op upgrades have worked
    Blackwater pirate, started in sec 95, been pretty much everywhere since then
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    hitman said:
    You couldn't use base parts to upgrade turret platforms to level 8 last time the op was upgraded, but you could use base parts to change the turret weapon if you had sufficient power for the weapon.  I'm assuming we will be able to upgrade the turret platforms this time as well and doubt we will be able to use base parts for that...but as for fitting the new weapons...we should be able to use base parts based on the way previous op upgrades have worked
    I seem to have misremembered then, I was under the impression that tier 6 turrets were also exempt for a short time... My mistake, apologies.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Hellos all,

The attack was not on you personally, as I said, but upon the unwarranted, asinine, and outlandish assumption - then again, perhaps it was on you when I suggested doing so was irresponsible - like yelling "fire" in a crowded subway - and creating needless fear and panic.

With the release of OP 9, base parts could be used for any and all upgrades excluding those that were specifically released with the upgrade to OP9. They have never been restricted on refits - which is what most people with do with these new weapons instead of waiting for a turret to upgrade completely.  

• TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Hellos all,

The attack was not on you personally, as I said, but upon the unwarranted, asinine, and outlandish assumption - then again, perhaps it was on you when I suggested doing so was irresponsible - like yelling "fire" in a crowded subway - and creating needless fear and panic.

With the release of OP 9, base parts could be used for any and all upgrades excluding those that were specifically released with the upgrade to OP9. They have never been restricted on refits - which is what most people with do with these new weapons instead of waiting for a turret to upgrade completely.  
    You might want to take a look at what hitman did above - namely pointing out a mistake without the personal insult, vulgarity and undue aggression you apparently can't do without. Forums are supposed to become less toxic, so maybe try copying an approach called "constructive criticism employing common courtesy"? Just an idea.
  • TRUCULENT2
    TRUCULENT2
    Unicorn Overlord
    Hellos all,

You might want to take a look at what hitman did above - namely pointing out a mistake without the personal insult, vulgarity and undue aggression you apparently can't do without. Forums are supposed to become less toxic, so maybe try copying an approach called "constructive criticism employing common courtesy"? Just an idea.
    I shall make a better effort to refrain from such insults if you could refrain from future assumptions. The toxicity of forums is not just the criticism that lacks constructiveness, but also the uninformed suppositions that fuel the 'chicken littles' and create the "f kixeye for their greed and evil knows no bounds" attitude that goes with it. 

Look at your suggestion and take note that the OP saw it and said "good point" - now think if he had gone straight to his alliance and then to sector comms, and then to fb pages - that baseless rumor could spread like wildfire creating needless angst and confusion.  

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    Hellos all,

y'know, if you didn't spend so much time deliberately posting stuff you demonstrably know to be false, you'd find yourself feeling less threatened.

it's not a personal attack to call you a liar and an inciter because that is what you do. frequently. don't like being called those things, don't be those things. most of us figured this out as children.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    24 days for the mort
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    TheHolsh said:
    24 days for the mort
    Ouch, that's a lot. Thanks for the heads-up!
  • Golden Knights
    Golden Knights
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 157
    AndySh said:
    they said right after this raid so like next Wednesday maybe when they do the update but you may be in for a shock I bet it takes 1-2 months to build op10 and only GLITCHEYE knows how long on turret that tops it.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    Hellos all,

I shall make a better effort to refrain from such insults if you could refrain from future assumptions. The toxicity of forums is not just the criticism that lacks constructiveness, but also the uninformed suppositions that fuel the 'chicken littles' and create the "f kixeye for their greed and evil knows no bounds" attitude that goes with it. 

Look at your suggestion and take note that the OP saw it and said "good point" - now think if he had gone straight to his alliance and then to sector comms, and then to fb pages - that baseless rumor could spread like wildfire creating needless angst and confusion.  
    I see where you are coming from, but he has a point about the aggression. You could have easily quelled the rumour without getting so tense. There is a bit too much of that on this forum. Criticism is fine, even if it isn't necessarily constructive, so long as it is handled with a bit of tact and diplomacy.

I find if you are a bit more reserved in pointing out peoples potential failings they tend to be much more willing to concede a mistake and take your point of view too. Instead, we've already got a whole page almost totally devoted to that one comment! lol

As for rumours. Rumours will happen whatever you do. I heard one yesterday from some level 38 saying in comms there was a TLC coming for the shard hulls (whereby you could outright win a proto etc.) I told him to keep on dreaming and moved on. I've heard a lot of tall tales in comms. the smart reader just goes to the forums to find out if there is any basis. The idiots, well, they're idiots and will believe what they want! Plus, people just like to make **** up.

As for the parts issue, as far as I can remember it was only buildings/turrets of lvl 8 that were effected temporarily by a restriction and not refits/equips. But I can see where he is coming from too. This is Kixeye we are talking about here! anything is possible! 
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • d.scott.hewitt
    d.scott.hewitt
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 3,179
    Laredo said:
    AndySh said:
    I can't say what what I've been told due the date possibly changing, so I'm going to go with......

I haven't been told anything by KixEye, but I feel Soon might this once be sooner whether than less sooner......
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Laredo said:
    AndySh said:

I haven't been told anything by KixEye, but I feel Soon might this once be sooner whether than less sooner......
    Coming soon!! So we can expect Lvl 10 in January....2048 lol
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Hellos all,

y'know, if you didn't spend so much time deliberately posting stuff you demonstrably know to be false, you'd find yourself feeling less threatened.

it's not a personal attack to call you a liar and an inciter because that is what you do. frequently. don't like being called those things, don't be those things. most of us figured this out as children.
    Bit on the harsh side there bud! Did you skip breakfast or something?

I read his post and went "might happen....might not...probably won't...we'll see". I didn't read it and go "oh crap, NOOOOOOO, the world is on fire!!! woman and children first!!!!"

The fact is, sure it might panic some, but let's be fair. The ones who would panic and spread rumours about things like this, are the ones who are going to panic about nothing anyway. you see them all the time on here. The sort of folks who try to push a door open, it doesn't budge so they have a full mental breakdown....the sign on the door says pull!

If you actually read his comment again, it just says "Seeing those turrets are labeled as tier 6.5, we might not even be permitted to use base parts to speed them up...". It's actually just harmless speculation. We've all speculated before and the sky didn't fall in because we did!
  • Amidamaru
    Amidamaru
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 165

this is replacing a regular Cat Mort. haven't touched anything else on the turret
  • Reyhan80
    Reyhan80
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 69
    30 days for this one :)

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Hellos all,

I see where you are coming from, but he has a point about the aggression. You could have easily quelled the rumour without getting so tense. There is a bit too much of that on this forum. Criticism is fine, even if it isn't necessarily constructive, so long as it is handled with a bit of tact and diplomacy.

I find if you are a bit more reserved in pointing out peoples potential failings they tend to be much more willing to concede a mistake and take your point of view too. Instead, we've already got a whole page almost totally devoted to that one comment! lol

As for rumours. Rumours will happen whatever you do. I heard one yesterday from some level 38 saying in comms there was a TLC coming for the shard hulls (whereby you could outright win a proto etc.) I told him to keep on dreaming and moved on. I've heard a lot of tall tales in comms. the smart reader just goes to the forums to find out if there is any basis. The idiots, well, they're idiots and will believe what they want! Plus, people just like to make **** up.

on the other hand, consider the environment here: wild mass assumptions, hysterics, meltdowns, outright BS are all acceptable as long as you don't say a wirty dord in the process? call me crazy, but i'll take impolite truth over polite nonsense. i find the former pretty easy to forgive. and before you bring up polite truth, where has that ever gotten us? getting frustrated is human; being full of crap is a choice.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Hellos all,

on the other hand, consider the environment here: wild mass assumptions, hysterics, meltdowns, outright BS are all acceptable as long as you don't say a wirty dord in the process? call me crazy, but i'll take impolite truth over polite nonsense. i find the former pretty easy to forgive. and before you bring up polite truth, where has that ever gotten us? getting frustrated is human; being full of crap is a choice.
    Can a moderator please moderate this massive abuse? I thought forums were supposed to become a better-controlled, less toxic environment.
  • beel78
    beel78
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 8,189
    Hellos all,

actually...when OP 9 first came out...no upgrades associated with the OP9 (which where tier 6 turrets) or it's associated upgrades were allowed to be speed up with base parts.  You jumping on a player's every statement without regards to doing research or a baseless assumption is not needed in forums.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Hellos all,

Can a moderator please moderate this massive abuse? I thought forums were supposed to become a better-controlled, less toxic environment.
    uhm.. who is being abused, precisely?
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    beel78 said:
    Hellos all,

actually...when OP 9 first came out...no upgrades associated with the OP9 (which where tier 6 turrets) or it's associated upgrades were allowed to be speed up with base parts.  You jumping on a player's every statement without regards to doing research or a baseless assumption is not needed in forums.
    while that's true for the structures themselves, equipment has never been restricted.
This discussion has been closed.