Kixeye this will make you rich! Cosmetics!

ShibaInu24
ShibaInu24
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 6
edited 31 Aug 2017, 4:13AM
Instead of offering tech for money, you could offer skins or decals or exhaust colors! Everyone wants to be unique or show alliance fidelity through common combinations of cosmetics!
  • Worthington3
    Worthington3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 713
    Paul Preece says no.
  • Sheep Geminis
    Sheep Geminis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 388
    I say HELL YES!
    ┋ ID: 20710497. ┋ Lords of War Officer. ┋ Base level:  65. ┋ VIP Rank: 0. ┋
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    Actually stats show that game can make alot of money from this only when game doing good. By good i mean getting more players into the game and we all know that kixeye loosing players instead so right now cosmetics do nothing for this game.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • Sexy Foxy
    Sexy Foxy
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 494
    Cosmetic thing need Human Work spent on Rendering and Paint Program.....
    .....repair cost only a Database Query..... and is Human Cost Free........
    ...........And all GOLD MK V is so...... "RAPPER / TAMARRO STYLE" Yo !!!.... LOL !!!
    Ex ... Mascotte Nova - Blog Vega in Italiano QUI
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

Cosmetics will be good to have in game but the honesty from this is kixeye main goal will be to get all end game stuff out first then the other stuff can come last. That's just how it works around here although I do hope they can have it ready as they finish Axis/Xeno season soon.

• Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 476

Would add alot of bandwidth....probably wont work for phone.

• Coelus
    Coelus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,222

This would have saved a lot of the players that left due to the grand rebalance. You shouldnt be able to buy a win

@Saladman said:
    Would add alot of bandwidth....probably wont work for phone.

They kinda already support the feature with the mk system color schemes tho

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,727

@Spask Crondusk said:
    Cosmetics will be good to have in game but the honesty from this is kixeye main goal will be to get all end game stuff out first then the other stuff can come last. That's just how it works around here although I do hope they can have it ready as they finish Axis/Xeno season soon.

Tell that to the bp dev team.

just existing at this point

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

Cosmetics would be great for their income... But i think players want the game to be fixed rather than new stuff added... Unlike what kix says they clearly have zero clue how their actions really affect the community

• ronnie collins
    ronnie collins
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 10

Please just don't even man. Kix is probably going to add repair times for those to -_-

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

Yes I have been asking for this for a while. Also cool decorations and banners for our bases. Things like signs that say, "Go Away!" and "I Will Get You Back!"

• Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior

Thats 6 variable skins per ship for marks. Stored locally in the program we all have on our devices. If we all get " custom" skins that everyone can see they would have to be streamed for each ship. Big difference.

• mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,156

I suspect you are rather new.  There will always be another faction.  I am not kidding.  There is no end game anymore, just force adaptation.
    "Forged in the flames of the original 8k wars"
    "Participant in the Jova Crusades; the winning side"
    "I hate cargo fleets.  What else do you want me to say"
    "I attacked you because you stole my piece of cheesecake with cherry toppings."
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
    IGN: MasonD
    ~Condolences to all who share a similar name - there can only be one.
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

@Saladman said:
    Thats 6 variable skins per ship for marks. Stored locally in the program we all have on our devices. If we all get " custom" skins that everyone can see they would have to be streamed for each ship. Big difference.

Bp (although a pc game) has skins for its ships, and its a flash game... Im pretty sure mobile games can handle skins as some games already give them out

• Saladman
    Saladman
    Skilled Warrior
    Skins is not the issue... its the number of possible skins.... if every player gets a unique skin.....those have to be streamed... versus a few set skins that can be stored on the local device.... see the difference? 
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

I suspect you are rather new.  There will always be another faction.  I am not kidding.  There is no end game anymore, just force adaptation.
    lol no I am not new to this game and fairly know that kixeye do have a bucket list to do that haven't been touch yet so pretty just waiting for the game time to make some changes in game, also what make you strongly sure that there is no end game besides dating to there perspective ruling of how the games works on them? I am very interest to hear from you in great detail, please explain.

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

@Saladman said:
    Skins is not the issue... its the number of possible skins.... if every player gets a unique skin.....those have to be streamed... versus a few set skins that can be stored on the local device.... see the difference? 

I think what he meant by "unique" is the different preferences players would like in terms of skins... Provide enough of them (easily possible) and your easily going to find a massive variety of ship skins flying around

• MetalstormV
    MetalstormV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,359
    This idea has been around since the Closed Beta so I wouldn't get your hopes up after all this time.
    video games animated GIF

• FusspilzDamnation
    FusspilzDamnation
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 284

Yes I have been asking for this for a while. Also cool decorations and banners for our bases. Things like signs that say, "Go Away!" and "I Will Get You Back!"

Do you mean the bases that barely have any defense against the t6 stuff? Before they bring Cosmetics there are 8999 things to get fixed and balanced first.
    We are the Forgotten
  • joolex
    joolex
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 103
    maybe in kixeye, cosmetics are though MK levels.
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

@MetalstormV said:
    This idea has been around since the Closed Beta so I wouldn't get your hopes up after all this time.

Has it? I rarely see this vs the refit bay which is posted every 3 hours of every day... That i know was since beta

• MetalstormV
    MetalstormV
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 1,359

@MetalstormV said:

Has it? I rarely see this vs the refit bay which is posted every 3 hours of every day... That i know was since beta

If you look back far enough into the forums you will find tonnes of threads about custom paint jobs/cosmetic's for ships (Search "Pink Apoc" and you'll see what I mean). The refit bay on the other hand is a more recent and more popular demand simply because it will have an actual impact on the game mechanics. If someone is asking for something these days 9/10 it's already been said and it's just been buried under the other junk threads.     
    video games animated GIF

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    Refit bay have not had this name for long. First people just asked building que and 2 jobs in factory same time and soone. People just give it a name now. Before it was all there from the start just so many different ways but idea was the same so i think refit bay as idea is still most requested.
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d