why was the FM targets changed?

• xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 11,055

@RallySTX said:
    Took more damage from an 88, even after refitting tank. Yup they upped the damage. Guess they think we are stupid enough to pay money for losing, on top of advertising offers that are crap and shut you out half an hour before the time runs out. Guess I'll just keep my money then.

So you say the deals are crap and still complain about not being able to get them? Makes perfect sense.

Also what was your refit. Cause unless you lowered phalanx accuracy or took off phalanx nothing in the 88 should be hurting you.

Officially retired 11/11/17

Semi active as of 7-3-2019
  • The_Judged
    The_Judged
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 280
    Noticed it but had no change in outcome or tactics. Legendary zelos with 6 tridents, 2 ph3, and 4 anti mort D´s. 3 volleys from the following monos and the whole group is flat and I move on... on the way back out to kill off the inner group from the outside I just cruise by that mort and it dies. Also not effecting my IB fleet...except that i now have to go into the center... then back out to get that last one. Annoying but only takes 3 seconds longer.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    edited 27 Aug 2017, 1:58PM
    Kihei said:
    people......just stop......
    a.) it's probably a symptom of the game issues that arose after the release on Friday
    b.) if not..........it's really....and I mean really, not that big a deal from a functional perspective.

there are a few other issues that have arisen that deserve discussion.....this isn't one of them.
    Whew .... I was afraid that there just wasn't someone around that KNEW WHAT IS AND ISN'T IMPORTANT.  Thankfully, you showed up.
    Exactly. I mean, what would we do without someone who apparently is of superior moral and ethical authority to tell us when to 'just stop'? 

Chaos would certainly ensue if someone weren't here to tell us what is 'that big a deal' and what is not. Whew. Thank goodness that Cathedral Rock is here to keep us all informed of these kinds of things!
    really?
    you're gonna go all teenage drama queen over a mortar turret?
    if so, then you do need guidance from others that don't let manufactured hysteria take over when confronted by any tiny change....
    pro tip: if you keep moving, mortars won't hurt you
  • Phil Kratz
    Phil Kratz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 115
    Something changed in the 88s also.  Don't have a screenshot of an old one to compare, but one of the fleets that used to die on its own is living.  I'm killing the turrets that used to kill it before it gets there, implying either it was moved or a turret / tower was added or moved.
    i just did an 88, took my normal path and everything worked like it alway had before.

Disclaimer: Do not point drone towards face, do not look drones in the eyes, do not wear red while near drones. Drones may explode randomly before or after deployment. 

• Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    Kihei said:
    The point of this post is NOT about whether or not the new shrouded mortar turret near the gate is any kind of a fleet killer. The point of this post is how Kixeye said that they would NOT change the 113, yet now they have after they said that they wouldn't. It makes no difference what kind of change that they made. It's the simple fact that they said that they wouldn't change it and now they did. 

Face it, people. Kixeye is going to do whatever they want to, regardless of anything they have said in the past, and whether you like it or not.
    Maybe less overwrought players might have taken the "we won't change the FM targets" to mean format or design changes
    one dark little cloud over one single turret that requires, at most, one slight change to your driving isn't necessarily a "change"
    it doesn't negate the fleet you're using, it doesn't require a refit.
    but hey....some players are always looking for a reason to go molehill ----> mountain over this game
    this should make them quite happy
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    the idea that out of all the little, broken things that came with friday's install, "this one must be intentional!!!!" is some pretty stellar detective work. javert would be proud.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • Humadragonbane
    Humadragonbane
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 338
    the idea that out of all the little, broken things that came with friday's install, "this one must be intentional!!!!" is some pretty stellar detective work. javert would be proud.
    OK we get that you think it was an accident and anyone that thinks it was intentional is dead wrong according to you. We also get that a couple of other posters do not think it is a big deal, so you can now stop posting that it is not a big deal, okay? As for the OP and all the other people that are asking why there was a change and was it intentional, they deserve an official answer. No debate is needed here from the peanut gallery, just a kixeye response. No need to come on forums and argue with people who have questions, post your opinion ONE TIME and move on. 
  • Sirkillalot
    Sirkillalot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 58
    It likely was not an intentional change. It is something that has been pointed out and brought up to the team. As to be expected, the focus is most likely all on the Bounty event.
    Of course because that is where the Gold is at right now

• xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 11,055

@Sirkillalot said:
    Templar614 said:

It likely was not an intentional change. It is something that has been pointed out and brought up to the team. As to be expected, the focus is most likely all on the Bounty event.

Of course because that is where the Gold is at right now

It's so the source of many bugs and full of bugs itself. The issue with the fm is a minor issue no matter how you put it.

Officially retired 11/11/17

Semi active as of 7-3-2019
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    OK we get that you think it was an accident and anyone that thinks it was intentional is dead wrong according to you. We also get that a couple of other posters do not think it is a big deal, so you can now stop posting that it is not a big deal, okay? As for the OP and all the other people that are asking why there was a change and was it intentional, they deserve an official answer. No debate is needed here from the peanut gallery, just a kixeye response. No need to come on forums and argue with people who have questions, post your opinion ONE TIME and move on. 
    this may seem like a crazy question, but why is it on me to exercise restraint while you start a dozen threads with twenty posts apiece of gibbering conspiracy crap every time you suspect kixeye switched your coffee with folgers? i see bs, i call bs. maybe try your own advice.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • carol.santti
    carol.santti
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 259
    nice try Templer    the FM was fine it was taken offline  then when brought back the change was made   ( 5 hour were added to it )   now I realy don't think that is a glitch        >>>> and yet no reply from a CM or KIXEYE to the op

• TigerAceR
    TigerAceR
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,951
    What changed? I did one before the targets were removed last night and didn't have any problems.
    Former Battle Vortex Arbiter
  • carol.santti
    carol.santti
    Minor Nuisance
    A mort turret to the left of the gate remains in a cloud untill the main building is killed    this didn't happen before

• TigerAceR
    TigerAceR
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,951
    A mort turret to the left of the gate remains in a cloud untill the main building is killed    this didn't happen before

Probably why I didn't notice it. I've got enough anti-morts to cover 3 mortar turrets so 1 wouldn't even phase it.
    Former Battle Vortex Arbiter
  • carol.santti
    carol.santti
    Minor Nuisance
    point being   the FM target 113 was changed   KIXEYE has said they wouldn't change the FM targets     I put this post to get a answere but didn't get a answere from KIXEYE or a CM    only 1 reply from a mod and all he said it was probley a glitch

• Diesel_M
    Diesel_M
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2012 Posts: 207
    i got a reply from my ticket about the mort turret in the 113, he said it was a one time thing, but just started fm and its still there. 
    (\__/)            
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your 
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
  • carol.santti
    carol.santti
    Minor Nuisance
    I got no reply   yet I just hit a 113 after up-date and the 113 hasn't changed back to what it was

• GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    there's a whole pile of as-yet-unresolved things from last week's update.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 2,195
    Jaffa said:
    one mort turret left of the gate remains in a shroud until you remove the shroud in the centre
    assuming that's accurate, does that really scan as a change rather than a bug?
    I'm with this. Probably best to wait for official word before getting the pitchforks and torches and stomping up to Kixeye castle. It may be that it is a glitch. Let's face it, since the bounty started, it's been glitch city in this dump.
    Coming Soon in Kixeye land means "When Satan need to put the heating on"
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    edited 30 Aug 2017, 4:55PM
    Diesel_M said:
    xwolf1 said:

@Diesel_M said:
    would be nice to know if permanent before people have to refit fleets for this

Why would you have to refit? All it would cause is a slight change in drivi my patterns.

i just had a go at one to see, and my monos died as i was getting the turret to show, 

Keep your monos under the cover of your flak, until that turret is dead. Any half decent FM fleet should be able to shoot down at least 3 simultaneous morts firing.
    It's annoying, but it's very easy to alter your pattern to avoid the damage.

This is the moment I get to laugh because of all the trolls who mocked my zelos build, saying I didn't need that many hails! MWAHAHAHA!

P.s. You don't need to leave your Mono's by the entrance while your 98 range (<<<< hint hint) tank drives all the way past the rockets. They can ALL stay right there and get the job done. I'm not holding your hand though, you'll have to work out the trick yourself.
  • carol.santti
    carol.santti
    Minor Nuisance
    please stick to op     it is a simple question   thanks!
  • John1975
    John1975
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2012 Posts: 2,318
    That change was to simply keep you from prepping 113's to help out other players or smaller levels. Now to get that platform you have to go inside and kill stuff which lowers the points that can be left for smaller player to get.  That mort also seems to have no min range and also has different arc the morts travel.  
    BadMoFo RYFG TTMX Level 97
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    edited 30 Aug 2017, 5:10PM
    please stick to op     it is a simple question   thanks!
    I think everyone is discussing the OP, or did I miss something???

P.s. if you want to ensure everyone stays on track, maybe actually write something in your OP. If I hadn't spotted the mort in question myself, I would have had no idea (like some others here) what you were actually talking about.
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    edited 30 Aug 2017, 5:07PM
    John1975 said:
    That change was to simply keep you from prepping 113's to help out other players or smaller levels. Now to get that platform you have to go inside and kill stuff which lowers the points that can be left for smaller player to get.  That mort also seems to have no min range and also has different arc the morts travel.  
    It could well be a glitch. It doesn't actually prevent anyone from **** the target, you could just ignore that mort and leave. And the change of points value happened a while ago, whereby the centre is worth about 70 mil and the outside only about 40. this doesn't effect the ability to prep it for others.

I've had loads of issues with shroud. Both in the FM and the last garrison raid. I've had rockets remain shrouded after the shroud generator is dead, and even been chased around the target by legion ships with perma-shroud! Both required a retreat and reset of the target.

If it is an intentional change, it's a bit of a **** move by Kixeye, but it's not the end of the world. As I said earlier, any half decent tank should be able to handle multiple morts at once. Hell, even my old tide tank could shoot down 4 morts firing at once!
  • don.bay.12
    don.bay.12
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 87
    What was changed ... other than a mostly dead cit ..... I'm not seeing any difference in 113's....
    they added a cloaked mort at left entance
  • carol.santti
    carol.santti
    Minor Nuisance
    we will see I got 10hours of repair before I hit another 113

• Alpha__Wolf
    Alpha__Wolf
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 980
    Howdy Folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,  we are correcting this now.  Any 113 on the map will have the current set up,  but any 113s spawning from here on out will be corrected, and not have that turret remain shrouded.
    Good to hear Rampage.
    TFC Rocks
  • Proteus-606
    Proteus-606
    Master Tactician
    Howdy Folks,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention,  we are correcting this now.  Any 113 on the map will have the current set up,  but any 113s spawning from here on out will be corrected, and not have that turret remain shrouded.
    Thanks Rampage. Good to know.