Rages overpowered?

Death_KeeperGangz
Death_KeeperGangz
Minor Nuisance
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 152
edited 18 Aug 2017, 6:14PM
Greetings, since kixeye has released the new Rage hull nobody or maybe 5-10 people have been able to stop a decent rage fleet ... 
Is kixeye bringing a counter turret/weapon out soon? 
People are coining like mad to try and stop the new blitz hull nothing works against them.
Wel maybe if u put a Rage fleet in your guard u only have to pay a smal 200 bucks for it ... LOL.
Any comments or just troll away :)

if you dont agree .... yourself
  • DerpyTheCow
    DerpyTheCow
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,680
    I'm guessing we will have a defender hull next raid...among other prizes. Maybe even a new turret in a TLC.
    When I am not helping people on forums, I run a YouTube channel.  I focus on actually helping players in the game. I respond to every comment on there, so it is the best way to find me. If you want more info click the link below.

https://www.youtube.com/c/DerpyTheCow47?sub_confirmation=1
  • Joemc1999
    Joemc1999
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 144
    edited 18 Aug 2017, 6:35PM
    OP10 will kill the rage in my opinion, the thrower will not be able to get through the wall. Always the same in this game you get a good conqueror then the ability to defend against it, OP10 with new walls and a fleet of rage in the guard will stop the attacker in my opinion.
    Edit. Also please don't make another thread for a topic already being discussed, it just clutters up the forum https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/707267
    Started Playing August 22nd 2012. Into year 5 of playing.
  • Shadows-13
    Shadows-13
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 866
    I'm saying counter will be in bounty hunt with new hull or channel defense killing rage.
    Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.
    -Sun Tzu
  • DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    MG's work OK, would have worked better if I had been on and driving. I'd also changed my base to Rad and triple Phlogged them pretty good. Still lost but I sunk the fleet and had 3 turrets and 1 MG surviving. In Kixeyes opinion I had a crushing defeat and lost 20 medals but I still had turrets surviving and one MG and my attacker did the walk of shame home so I feel pretty good about the battle.
  • Youngman300
    Youngman300
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 869
    As has been said - There is an ebb and flow to PVP. New hull comes out - counter comes out. Next new hull comes out - next counter comes out. 

The success of the Rage (the overwhelming aspect of it) is temporary. 
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.

• Teddycuddlez
    Teddycuddlez
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,076
    It's completely overpowered, and has broken the PvP balance utterly. Although some people seem to have accepted this as an unchangeable rule - which I find utterly baffling - a game company consciously breaking its own game time and again to coerce coining is an outrageous concept. In a balanced game, no hull should ever be unbeatable, no base ever completely uncrackable. This was true for the Pride, the Lib, the Inquisitor. Whereas both the Mudglut and the Rage had/have no viable counter upon release. You now only have mega coiners who have a full Rage fleet, can raze every single base in the game (as long as the defender isn't online and driving torpedo Gluts), and then will boast of their pitiful victory that required zero skill, while everyone else wastes coins trying to build defense ships that do absolutely nothing. Right now, we have a strategy game that does not require strategy from attackers, and does not allow it for defenders. This is plain ridiculous. What Kixeye is doing here is bad programming and extortive business.
    Eh, I wouldn't say it's impossible. If my lone Enfo can almost stop them, then someone running a Vanq and Phlogiston turrets should be able to stop them. The only thing I don't agree with the Rage having is the way they can be untargetable upon the overload, it allows them to just walk through to the back of the base once it happens.
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 2,360
    It's completely overpowered, and has broken the PvP balance utterly. Although some people seem to have accepted this as an unchangeable rule - which I find utterly baffling - a game company consciously breaking its own game time and again to coerce coining is an outrageous concept. In a balanced game, no hull should ever be unbeatable, no base ever completely uncrackable. This was true for the Pride, the Lib, the Inquisitor. Whereas both the Mudglut and the Rage had/have no viable counter upon release. You now only have mega coiners who have a full Rage fleet, can raze every single base in the game (as long as the defender isn't online and driving torpedo Gluts), and then will boast of their pitiful victory that required zero skill, while everyone else wastes coins trying to build defense ships that do absolutely nothing. Right now, we have a strategy game that does not require strategy from attackers, and does not allow it for defenders. This is plain ridiculous. What Kixeye is doing here is bad programming and extortive business.
    is the idea that if you keep repeating the lie you tell yourself others might believe it?

misinformation is trolling, kid.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • sinista
    sinista
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,752

People in my alliance are stopping them. Not going to share since i don't have permission. But it is being done.

When it comes to Kixeye, hope for the best but expect the worse.
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 1,350
    Eh, I wouldn't say it's impossible. If my lone Enfo can almost stop them, then someone running a Vanq and Phlogiston turrets should be able to stop them. The only thing I don't agree with the Rage having is the way they can be untargetable upon the overload, it allows them to just walk through to the back of the base once it happens.
    That's the problem right there, mate. Can they be damaged? Yes. Can they be stopped? No. I have over the past few days watched hits on bases of famous players from top alliances. They tried HABs, Spites, Retris and the Antipode Vanqs you mention. They had lots of Hyenas and Phlogistons. In some case, a guard ship would survive, but all of the bases were 100%ed. Every single one. I'd love to see a video where a base actually keeps those out without the defender driving torp Gluts, but based on my observations so far, I just don't see how this is supposed to be possible.
  • Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    I look at them real mean like....
    scares them right off....
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 11,055
    is the idea that if you keep repeating the lie you tell yourself others might believe it?

Instead of producing any verifiable proof of your claim, you use personal insults and thereby delegitimize yourself entirely. Weak sauce.
    Mudgluts were being stopped within the first week of their appearance. You are too close minded when it comes to base hitting and base defense and dont see the whole picture. I've got no interest in teaching someone who has refused to learn for months. 
    Officially retired 11/11/17

Semi active as of 7-3-2019
  • TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    xwolf1 said:

Instead of producing any verifiable proof of your claim, you use personal insults and thereby delegitimize yourself entirely. Weak sauce.
    Mudgluts were being stopped within the first week of their appearance. You are too close minded when it comes to base hitting and base defense and dont see the whole picture. I've got no interest in teaching someone who has refused to learn for months. 
    Lol, a lead game designer admitted on the TFC show that Mudgluts were stronger than they had anticipated, ie overpowered. And you are calling me close-minded? Unconstructive, personal AND wrong.
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    xwolf1 said:

Lol, a lead game designer admitted on the TFC show that Mudgluts were stronger than they had anticipated, ie overpowered. And you are calling me close-minded? Unconstructive, personal AND wrong.
    I never said they werent op. But you are very wrong in saying that there were no counters to them when they were first released. There were a good number of counters for them when used properly. 

• jon pirate
    jon pirate
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 645
    edited 18 Aug 2017, 8:50PM
    This is the same as when Revange came out.  try to take one of them in a base now 
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician

let me get this straight.. you, who are demonstrably lacking any identifiable integrity in this thread, want me to prooOOoooOOve something to you - which already sounds like a rather futile endeavor - that is well within the lexicon of popular wisdom?

no. in fact, hell no.
    I can feel you judging me. That's palpable. But, hey, I never said I was the hero of this story.
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord
    U-sit-2p said:
    meet the new thread
    same as the old thread
    troll/counter troll
    yawn
    Just a regular day in the forums.

• Chister Adersson
    Chister Adersson
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 120
    Some moderation would be nice to see..........
  • GrumpyReign
    GrumpyReign
    Master Tactician
    Some moderation would be nice to see..........
    deliberately propagating disinformation should be a banning offense
  • Death_KeeperGangz
    Death_KeeperGangz
    Minor Nuisance
    sinista said:

People in my alliance are stopping them. Not going to share since i don't have permission. But it is being done.

thing is you ever seen a decent built and vxp  is today they will be full rank next time they hit
  • sinista
    sinista
    sinista said:

thing is you ever seen a decent built and vxp  is today they will be full rank next time they hit
    I not sure ranking will mean too much but maybe.

• Death_KeeperGangz
    Death_KeeperGangz
    Minor Nuisance
    sinista said:
    sinista said:

as i said a few amount on people are able to stop them
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@Death_Keeper_GIMPS said:
    sinista said:

Death_Keeper_GIMPS said:

sinista said:

as i said a few amount on people are able to stop them

Well yeah. It hasn't even been a week since the raid ended. Usually takes a month for people to figure out how to counter them. At least one raid after the original release for kix to release something for those that can't counter it already to start countering it.

• carl.wear.3
    carl.wear.3
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 6,081
    sinista said:
    sinista said:

So you show proof that they can be stopped but you hide what guardships you used to stop them. Thats not very helpful.
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@carl.wear.3 said:
    sinista said:

Death_Keeper_GIMPS said:

sinista said:

So you show proof that they can be stopped but you hide what guardships you used to stop them. Thats not very helpful.

He stated that he was not able to disclose that information. Does not deny the fact that they can be stopped however.

• TheOctopus
    TheOctopus
    Incursion Leader
    sinista said:
    sinista said:

Agreed. Could have been driven torp Gluts, no way to tell.
  • xwolf1
    xwolf1
    Unicorn Overlord

@TheOctopus said:
    carl.wear.3 said:

sinista said:

Death_Keeper_GIMPS said:

sinista said:

Agreed. Could have been driven torp Gluts, no way to tell.

You can see two of the ships in the picture...

• sinista
    sinista
    lol shhhhh! and no i dont have permission to share(not gluts)