Your last purchase is now illegal worldwide

Thane Mantis
Thane Mantis
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 665
edited 13 Aug 2017, 6:46PM
OK, so in my free time I've found myself browsing reddit alot more, and easily one of the most fascinatingly funny sections of the site is the general "/r/AskReddit/" part. Its a fascinating place where you'll always find something either interesting to read about.
Whilst I was there today I found one thread called "The last thing you bought becomes illegal worldwide. What is it?"

Its a great thread, and the responses are fantastic and I recommend if you want a good laugh you go check it out. In the meantime, I thought I'd borrow/nick this hilarious thread concept and bring it over here to see what kind of response it gets.
So, what is the last thing you brought and how bad does the future look, now its been made illegal?
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,107
    I think I bough recently the highly dangerous substance called H2O.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 14 Aug 2017, 12:28AM
    This spells bad news for me. My last purchase was Dr. Pepper.
    A world without Dr. Pepper... I don't want to live in a world like that...
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9,114
    I just bought some Gold in War Commander. I know a lot of people who wouldn't mind War Commander being illegal. 
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    I just bought some Gold in War Commander. I know a lot of people who wouldn't mind War Commander being illegal. 
    Pretty sure that would just make illegal Gold in War Commander, not WC in an of itself Lomo.
    Also, please tell me you didn't actually buy Gold just for the sake of making that joke.
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 14 Aug 2017, 12:28AM
    Axel L said:
    I think I bough recently the highly dangerous substance called H2O.
    <Sarcasm> Thanks alot for that Axel. </Sarcasm>
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Pretty sure that would just make illegal Gold in War Commander, not WC in an of itself Lomo.
    Also, please tell me you didn't actually buy Gold just for the sake of making that joke.
    Nah, it was just a joke. I didn't actually give money to KIXEYE. 
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Giving kixeye money is without any question illegal.
  • Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    There are probably a substitution somewhere.
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Axel L said:
    I accept no substitutes...
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Axel L said:
    Will you accept a diet version? 
    Image result for diet dr pepper
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 3,256
    What if the last thing I bought is already illegal? :smirk:

BTW I spend a good amount of my time on that sub, and I find the 'Reddit Offline' app is perfect for these kind of text based posts.
    P Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    Axel L said:
    Will you accept a diet version? 
    Image result for diet dr pepper
    Technically the diet stuff was my last purchase. So I've no the option of drinking regular Dr. Pepper, or no Dr. Pepper at all.
    If minor differences like this weren't taken into account, then I've made the entire Dr. Pepper line-up illegal. Damnit!
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    MX36 said:
    What if the last thing I bought is already illegal? :smirk:
    Not sure I want to ask what your last purchase may have been MX, lol. I'll do it regardless though, care to enlighten us as to what it was?
    To your question itself, since laws vary from country to country, all you may have done is extend the law around whatever your last purchase may have been. I would expect that something deemed illegal worldwide would be very difficult to get your hands on after that.
    MX36 said:
    BTW I spend a good amount of my time on that sub, and I find the 'Reddit Offline' app is perfect for these kind of text based posts.
    Its a great sub-reddit isn't it? Some of the questions can be great reads.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 15 Aug 2017, 8:17AM
    Not sure I want to ask what your last purchase may have been MX, lol. I'll do it regardless though, care to enlighten us as to what it was?
    To your question itself, since laws vary from country to country, all you may have done is extend the law around whatever your last purchase may have been. I would expect that something deemed illegal worldwide would be very difficult to get your hands on after that.
    Lol it's a joke.. you know I have a hard time finding the legal stuff here, let alone illegal.  :D 
    but to answer your mainn question above, the last thing I bought was a pack of AA batteries and gun gum GUM

- What are some of your favorite subreddits? 
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 15 Aug 2017, 11:38AM
    MX36 said:
    Lol it's a joke.. you know I have a hard time finding the legal stuff here, let alone illegal.  :D 
    Indeed I do. How goes your search for a new laptop?
    MX36 said:
    but to answer your mainn question above, the last thing I bought was a pack of AA batteries and gun
    Well I certainly wouldn't object to guns being made illegal in the world considering how some use them. AA batteries, kinda need those though, so I guess anyone if this kinda of situation happened alot of people would be fresh outta luck. Thanks MX, lol.
    MX36 said:
    - What are some of your favorite subreddits? 
    /r/tifu - Today, I f*cked up: A sub-reddit dedicated to people telling sometimes strange, sometimes hilarious, sometimes off the wall stories that make you go "What the f*ck" about how they screwed something up during the day. (Sometimes used to tell stories about screw-ups from a few years ago as well.) Very curious sub-reddit, but worth a look if you feel up to read some stories.

/r/pcmasterrace - PC Master Race: The glorious sub-reddit for the glorious gaming master race. Nah but seriously, its a cool sub-reddit that I like to browse every now and then to see whats up. Lots of awesome content down there, and its a remarkably well put together sub-reddit. Its very professional in some sense, like its presentation and so on.

I think there was one or two others that I was recently browsing after coming across them from the TIFU sub-reddit but I forgot the names. I'll post em if I can remember them. What about you man, any sub-reddits you're a particular fan of.
  • Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,853

hello fellow redditors :)

also my last purchase was watermellon arizona

• Initial_Degeneration
    Initial_Degeneration
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 2,853

i usually frequent the gun subreddit or writing promts

• MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Well I certainly wouldn't object to guns being made illegal in the world considering how some use them. AA batteries, kinda need those though, so I guess anyone if this kinda of situation happened alot of people would be fresh outta luck. Thanks MX, lol.
     :dizzy:
    Ooops!! I meant to say gum!!  it's funny how one letter completely changes everything lol
    I wouldn't mind guns being made illegal, but they're one of the things that are still exist because we (humans) are terrible with each other.

Indeed I do. How goes your search for a new laptop?
    Haven't found anything that fits my budget yet, but as a temporary solution, I got a tablet instead (Samsung Tab S2 for 210$).. good specs at this price.. and with Puffin browser, it's super smooth with flash games.
    I've used the older model (Tab 2 - 7 inches) for years and it's still going. good for reading and streaming movies. but for playing flash games (WC) it's not that good because of its low RAM and CPU power.. I only use it to farm rogues on RUBI or to spam missiles.

Power consumption is a huge issue too. my laptop stays for about 1.5~2 hours (battery was replaced a year ago) the old tablet stays for about 7~9 hours while reading offline and listening to music, or enough to watch 2~3 movies back to back.. the new one has an AMOLED display that consumes battery like crazy!

/r/tifu - Today, I f*cked up: A sub-reddit dedicated to people telling sometimes strange, sometimes hilarious, sometimes off the wall stories that make you go "What the f*ck" about how they screwed something up during the day. (Sometimes used to tell stories about screw-ups from a few years ago as well.) Very curious sub-reddit, but worth a look if you feel up to read some stories.

/r/pcmasterrace - PC Master Race: The glorious sub-reddit for the glorious gaming master race. Nah but seriously, its a cool sub-reddit that I like to browse every now and then to see whats up. Lots of awesome content down there, and its a remarkably well put together sub-reddit. Its very professional in some sense, like its presentation and so on.

I think there was one or two others that I was recently browsing after coming across them from the TIFU sub-reddit but I forgot the names. I'll post em if I can remember them. What about you man, any sub-reddits you're a particular fan of.
    -TIFU is hilarious especially those with the NSFW tag :joy: I usually check the weekly top posts of r/ContagiousLaughter & r/tifu when I'm having a bad day. 
    - I love watching all those awesome builds in r/PCMasterRace but I'm not a frequent visitor. 

Some of my favorite subs are: 
    r/WhatIsThisThing where people try to find information about some odd thing they have in their house, or saw somewhere else, and you play Sherlock Holmes and try to find any piece of info\links about that thing. 

r/ShowerThoughts simple, interesting, and an eye-opener. 

and of course: r/Random 
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    MX36 said:
     :dizzy:
    Ooops!! I meant to say gum!!  it's funny how one letter completely changes everything lol
    I wouldn't mind guns being made illegal, but they're one of the things that are still exist because we (humans) are terrible with each other.
    Indeed. I was a bit concerned to be honest when you said you brought a gun. I was wondering why you might need one, or if they would even be available where you are.
    MX36 said:
    Haven't found anything that fits my budget yet, but as a temporary solution, I got a tablet instead (Samsung Tab S2 for 210$).. good specs at this price.. and with Puffin browser, it's super smooth with flash games.
    I've used the older model (Tab 2 - 7 inches) for years and it's still going. good for reading and streaming movies. but for playing flash games (WC) it's not that good because of its low RAM and CPU power.. I only use it to farm rogues on RUBI or to spam missiles.

Power consumption is a huge issue too. my laptop stays for about 1.5~2 hours (battery was replaced a year ago) the old tablet stays for about 7~9 hours while reading offline and listening to music, or enough to watch 2~3 movies back to back.. the new one has an AMOLED display that consumes battery like crazy!
    I think I might have that same or a similar tablet myself. A few years ago I was on a family holiday in Spain, and at one point we paid a visit to Gibraltar. Whilst we were there I picked myself up a tablet from an electronics store. I use it alot, its a good tablet. I do a bunch of reading on it, as well as some light YouTube watching or research for PC parts.
    MX36 said:

-TIFU is hilarious especially those with the NSFW tag :joy: I usually check the weekly top posts of r/ContagiousLaughter & r/tifu when I'm having a bad day. 
    Since you're familiar with that sub-reddit, I have to ask... did you hear about that guy and his coconut?
    MX36 said:
    - I love watching all those awesome builds in r/PCMasterRace but I'm not a frequent visitor. 
    Yeah, some folks have some mad PC builds. I wish I had the time and money to put together some of the builds folks over there throw together.
    MX36 said:

Some of my favorite subs are: 
    r/WhatIsThisThing where people try to find information about some odd thing they have in their house, or saw somewhere else, and you play Sherlock Holmes and try to find any piece of info\links about that thing. 

r/ShowerThoughts simple, interesting, and an eye-opener. 

and of course: r/Random 
    Sound like good sub-reddits, I'll have to remember to check em out. I've remembered another one Im also a fan of.
    /r/RoastMe/
    I've seen a few prominent YouTubers, such as Markiplier, Boogie2988 and Philip DeFranco do roasts inspired by, or in the case of Markiplier, directly in that sub-reddit, and they are ourstandingly funny to watch.
    Here are their roasts if your interested.
  • MX36
    MX36
    Unicorn Overlord
    Since you're familiar with that sub-reddit, I have to ask... did you hear about that guy and his coconut?
    After reading that post I'll never look at them the same way ever again!! :D  

Sound like good sub-reddits, I'll have to remember to check em out. I've remembered another one Im also a fan of.
    /r/RoastMe/
    I've seen a few prominent YouTubers, such as Markiplier, Boogie2988 and Philip DeFranco do roasts inspired by, or in the case of Markiplier, directly in that sub-reddit, and they are ourstandingly funny to watch.
    I LOVE the creativity of their brutal roasts.. it's been a while since the last time I visited that sub, but I find them regularly posted as collections on imgur.
    Thanks for the youtube links BTW. I've seen Boogie's video before but not the other two.. also Markiplier's laugh is weird.  :#  lol

+ check out this sub for a good laugh: r/CrappyDesign.. you can switch off their pagestyle settings from the sidebar.
  • Thane Mantis
    Thane Mantis
    Strike-force Captain
    MX36 said:
    After reading that post I'll never look at them the same way ever again!! :D  
    Neither can he...
    He did an AMA you know. Read at your own risk...
    MX36 said:
    /r/RoastMe/
    I LOVE the creativity of their brutal roasts.. it's been a while since the last time I visited that sub, but I find them regularly posted as collections on imgur.
    Thanks for the youtube links BTW. I've seen Boogie's video before but not the other two.. also Markiplier's laugh is weird.  :#  lol
    Yeah, the creativity of some folk is outstanding. I think the "washed up" barb someone threw at Markiplier might have been one of my favourites from his roasts. And the one who wrote that they'd "rather f*ck Wade" as well lol. Bit of a shame how some of his fans didn't understand the point of a roast is meant to be comedic though. Or how some "roasters" went on boring rants in some sections.
    MX36 said:
    + check out this sub for a good laugh: r/CrappyDesign.. you can switch off their pagestyle settings from the sidebar.
    I think I heard of them before, possibly from a YouTube video. Might have been one by Matthew Santoro discussing odd communities online. I gotta say, I like how they managed to take bad design to a point where its hilariously funny, so well done to them for that. Its always cool whenever someone managed to pull of that balance of what some might call "its so bad its good."