{POLL} Is the current player base happy?

• Collin Leung
    Collin Leung
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 337

games good as dead just sticking to see it through

• James Faction
    James Faction
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 89
    very unsatisfied: i quit and/or only play vega for its cool concept barely twice a month (here for the space people)
    It's a really cool game with some rough edges.

Unfortunately, Kixeye is insisting on ruining it by cramming in events constantly and damping down the best aspect of the game: multiplayer.

Some decisions lately have been excellent: Raising the gating level to 65 means pre xeno fleets are useful. XP adjustments lately have worked out mostly good after some hiccups along the way.

But the constant events, the guaranteed damage of event fleets, the removal of any benefits of skilled flying from events, the removal of co-op, the neglect of civil war and shunting it to mid-week, the ever-widening gap between coiners and non-coiners (indeed between big spenders and moderate spenders) all leave a sour taste in my mouth. The game is a bit broken and I find my attention going elsewhere. 

Judging by all the reports, the player base is in decline. Kixeye have a dying game on their hands. Not dead yet, but it's been in decline for a while.
  • M.V.K.0
    M.V.K.0
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 1,025
    Lost on how Skill Kills a game.

Thanks,

MVK
  • Medallas
    Medallas
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 428

@Medallas said:
    This is a bad poll, MODs plz close this, we all like how this game is progressing and getting better all the time, I think haters just have an agenda to TRY to demoralize new players to get fewer competition. 

This poll is needed to calculate where the community stand in the state of the game so @CM Chris can collect the data that is presented here in forum and review the devs of how to make the game work of not excluding people out but to bring everyone in that cares about the game. If we can get more people to vote in this poll then this will impact the flow of the game of how it should go with the players to be fun then going against players and make it not fun.

@Medallas I don't see your comment hold any value to the matter of the state of the game and if claim that you do then please state of what makes you think that players trying to devalue the game because this poll is a legit honesty and nothing people say to tell other people to leave the game, they are asking like I said before is where do they see themselves when playing Vega.

Tbh, I see myself no longer grinding for new tech or tier due to O.Pness of the game and it's a bit too much to go for it and build it, I was expecting all these new ships will stay in level range of VSec or Vega then Demon Corp or ISC but I guess I was wrong.

Knowing that every new tier that comes out needs to stronger then the other which we know that for a fact that this is how you stay competitive but the question in mind that people may or may not ask themselves is, will these new tiers ship be fun, balance and rewarding when players acquired these tech or will it be punishing long grind to be the tech and at the same time to build it as we try to catch up in game.

These are a few things we and people have in mind when we play the game but for those that coined their ships, was it worth it or not?

Again I do hope the devs take a consideration of slow down but also add new content for low level as well the high level to keep the game balance as possible then focusing mainly for end game content.

Thanks for your valuable feedback, don't do it again, they will call you, best of luck rebel.

So you think a forum poll means something, when multi account players will vote, this has no statistical value, do you know what % of the active players read this forum? 
  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 744
    unsatisfied: i was (or still am) a regular coiner and i often (don't) play anymore
    The poll is very representative of the general feeling of where Vega has ended up, and where it seems to be heading.

Baseless accusations get you nowhere. Obvious troll post is obvious.
  • Medallas
    Medallas
    Skilled Warrior
    well this thread just got out of topic, time to close it or put some lead boots on it and let it sink. 
  • RedBaron042
    RedBaron042
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,062
    unsatisfied: i was (or still am) a regular coiner and i often (don't) play anymore
    Medallas said:
    well this thread just got out of topic, time to close it or put some lead boots on it and let it sink. 
    Time to wander off a cliff back into oblivion...
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/RedBaron0/newderpl_zps7srhkzjr.png
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287
    unsatisfied: i am a free to play player and i almost never play anymore
    Medallas said:

@Medallas said:
    This is a bad poll, MODs plz close this, we all like how this game is progressing and getting better all the time, I think haters just have an agenda to TRY to demoralize new players to get fewer competition. 

This poll is needed to calculate where the community stand in the state of the game so @CM Chris can collect the data that is presented here in forum and review the devs of how to make the game work of not excluding people out but to bring everyone in that cares about the game. If we can get more people to vote in this poll then this will impact the flow of the game of how it should go with the players to be fun then going against players and make it not fun.

@Medallas I don't see your comment hold any value to the matter of the state of the game and if claim that you do then please state of what makes you think that players trying to devalue the game because this poll is a legit honesty and nothing people say to tell other people to leave the game, they are asking like I said before is where do they see themselves when playing Vega.

Tbh, I see myself no longer grinding for new tech or tier due to O.Pness of the game and it's a bit too much to go for it and build it, I was expecting all these new ships will stay in level range of VSec or Vega then Demon Corp or ISC but I guess I was wrong.

Knowing that every new tier that comes out needs to stronger then the other which we know that for a fact that this is how you stay competitive but the question in mind that people may or may not ask themselves is, will these new tiers ship be fun, balance and rewarding when players acquired these tech or will it be punishing long grind to be the tech and at the same time to build it as we try to catch up in game.

These are a few things we and people have in mind when we play the game but for those that coined their ships, was it worth it or not?

Again I do hope the devs take a consideration of slow down but also add new content for low level as well the high level to keep the game balance as possible then focusing mainly for end game content.

Thanks for your valuable feedback, don't do it again, they will call you, best of luck rebel.

So you think a forum poll means something, when multi account players will vote, this has no statistical value, do you know what % of the active players read this forum? 
    Again your comments is not supportive to this post thread so please keep it civil as possible and explain in great detail of why you think that way, if you can not explain why then, why are you being against this poll post thread then supporting it? 

• suurkupel2
    suurkupel2
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 133
    neutral: i am a free to play player and i dont play as i used to
    This game is BS no fun eny more 
  • redrat_thezip
    redrat_thezip
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 352
    I am curious if polls like these actually reach the right people or they reach the right people and they just don't give a crap...

• Medallas
    Medallas
    Skilled Warrior
    Medallas said:

@Medallas said:

Again your comments is not supportive to this post thread so please keep it civil as possible and explain in great detail of why you think that way, if you can not explain why then, why are you being against this poll post thread then supporting it? 
    I can't support something that has no statistical value. it's just a mirage. 
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287
    unsatisfied: i am a free to play player and i almost never play anymore
    Medallas said:
    Medallas said:

@Medallas said:

then explain the vague answer you present in this thread post?

• Medallas
    Medallas
    Skilled Warrior
    Medallas said:
    Medallas said:

@Medallas said:

then explain the vague answer you present in this thread post?
    yes
  • Master Uxi
    Master Uxi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 279
    Rare coiner, mostly satisfied... could see becoming regular on the coining, but would need another layer to the game that just isn't  there.  Definitely a time sink and tempted a few times...  
  • RedBaron042
    RedBaron042
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,062
    edited 14 Aug 2017, 4:08AM
    The premise was simple.  For years the game was the vehicle in which we derived our fun interacting with one another. Warring, basing, alliances etcetc.  The game itself was (and still is, but even worse now than ever before) was tolerated as the necessary grind towards those goals.  Even the players **** on here was, kinda, part of the fun of it all. 

The game is a monster cash grab (not that it wasn't before, but the monster was mainly hidden) and such an overwhelming task that it becomes difficult to enjoy any aspect of the game what-so-ever.  That's the reality kids, many hang on in the hope of not feeling like that they've wasted their time (and money) but as we all can see, that hope is fading, quickly.

No amount of flavored muffins will satisfy Medallas need to the try and be some sort of Kixeye hero/troll; so do us all a favor and shut yer pie hole.
    http://i213.photobucket.com/albums/cc121/RedBaron0/newderpl_zps7srhkzjr.png
  • MechaGhidorah
    MechaGhidorah
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 154

A player-driven market where we could buy/sell crafting materials, blueprints, and hulls would give this game an entirely new dimension.

• Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 895
    thx for keeping it nice and clean so far, numbers are shocking from my aspect but im not really suprised anyhow. Hope This post reaches the kix staff one way or another.
  • Medallas
    Medallas
    Skilled Warrior
    Looks like everyone is having fun here, since no one on their right minds will spend time in a no fun game. I guess people that say they are having no fun really mean something else. 
  • badfishbreath
    badfishbreath
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 27

Any word on how they are going to fix bases over 65? Or do we get just more powerful ships to bubble us?

• Frankv
    Frankv
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 895
    edited 17 Aug 2017, 8:44PM
    poll has been up for a while, thanx to all who participated, kix can have a look at this and do whatever they desire. but at least we (the 1% forum kixers) have shown our vote.

results are that even tho a bigger part of the people that coin are unhappy, but more free to play players are leaving (all in perspective to player based %)
    i hope kix will make plans to change the game sooner or later. and give us some love! <3

thx again. now let this become a necro in peace :)
  • SokarOSP
    SokarOSP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 325
    very unsatisfied: i quit and/or only play vega for its cool concept barely twice a month (here for the space people)
    walked into chinese vega and love it