Guardian Cruiser Survivability

jeclough
jeclough
Skilled Warrior
Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 505

Here is an example of what we players think is garbage and needs to be fixed.

A mk'd up xeno fleet gets the Guardian added and should excel.  But it doesn't.  It isn't strong enough to be a viable ship option.  Maybe with ONLY a fleet of guardians you "might" have improvements.  Then on TOP of that the Repair time is STUPID.

Devs need to give attention to the shields as the ship is not comparable to Xeno.

In this example the Guardian died FIRST, yet carries about the same rep time as the ENTIRE rest of the fleet.

• MantisTobogganMD
    MantisTobogganMD
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 192
    jeclough said:

Here is an example of what we players think is garbage and needs to be fixed.

A mk'd up xeno fleet gets the Guardian added and should excel.  But it doesn't.  It isn't strong enough to be a viable ship option.  Maybe with ONLY a fleet of guardians you "might" have improvements.  Then on TOP of that the Repair time is STUPID.

Devs need to give attention to the shields as the ship is not comparable to Xeno.

In this example the Guardian died FIRST, yet carries about the same rep time as the ENTIRE rest of the fleet.

Well, evidently if you have a kitted out Guardian already then you don't mind coining, so why not just coin your rep? You evidently spent at the very least 3500-4000 coins on that build. 
  • Sean Irizarry
    Sean Irizarry
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 232

@Hydra Reborn said:
    ppl already have been warned not to use the exo3 shields if they didn't want that insane repair time...my suggestion to you...as sdoon as that ship is paired replace the exo shields with meta3's.   48 min repair each against 2.5h for the exo3.  and the exo3 just has a marginal increase in shield power.   not worth the 2hour longer repair time then a meta 3.

Although for PvP would be great (for now ATM) cause no player has plasma damage.... but yeah the rep kinda still sucks

I'm just here to see butthurt players lol You know who you are :P
  • Noob-Noob316
    Noob-Noob316
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 285

It just seems like the bird brains on the kix gaming staff don't want players as active, and every new idea they clearly shows how screwed up their thought process really are.. opinion only

• MikeWirus
    MikeWirus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 225

You're an idiot for even considering that shield

• Noob-Noob316
    Noob-Noob316
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 285
    and to add on.. the new shields do nothing against plasma damage, 1 hit and they are depleted from the ARs... besides greed, why would you put a weapon in the game and give no possible counter for it; the new cruiser takes direct hull damage just like the rest of your ships.
  • Arkheias
    Arkheias
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 71
    MikeWirus said:

no someone at kixeye is an idiot for making the shield
    How about a compromise. They're all idiots.
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,934
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 10:08PM
    Im going to try the exophase on one of my guardians just to be able to say i did try it, but all others will have either Meta 3 or Diffuser 3. And that experiment will be refitted to more sane shields as well afterwards. This shield idea probably worked fine in an isolated PvE sandbox for kix but in reality its a terrible idea because that repair time is too harsh for when you get ganked by a PvP fleet from some bored whale coiner. Wich happens regularly in most active sectors.
  • RyantheRed
    RyantheRed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 609
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 10:31PM
    I can't really feel sympathy for whoever that image is from considering they spent 100 dollars to get the ship and then decided to put exophase on it when the player base overwhelmingly complained about the repair time. I agree that the repair time is far too high but they should have read the numbers instead of putting it on blindly. It is a good comparison though, really shows how ridiculous the repair time is.
  • Alvis Grove
    Alvis Grove
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 231

They should make the exo shield a regen shield that way your only raped with crazy high rep times if you lose it but they should also make it reactivate as long as the ship armor hp is 25% plus. These changes would make it fun and useable but as is there a joke

• Master Uxi
    Master Uxi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 279
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 11:10PM
    The main point is the Harmonics.  Supposedly with a whole fleet they will spread the benefit and maybe overall not take as much damage as without the Exo...  Pretty hard to experiment on without the instant build/refit tokens we heard about once upon a time, though, so I'll let the coiners be the guinea pigs. 
  • jeclough
    jeclough
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 505

Okay all of you children getting onto me for being an idiot, you are missing the point you trolls.
    That is not mine
    it is borrowed from another player who is awesome enough to share how the new builds are regularly .
    It further proves the NON-Survivability of this ship and it's intended usage.

Many of you are blaming Kixeye, that is why I am brining it up, to show more evidence of how this is useless tech.

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,978
    edited 4 Aug 2017, 11:44PM
    jeclough said:

Okay all of you children getting onto me for being an idiot, you are missing the point you trolls.
    That is not mine
    it is borrowed from another player who is awesome enough to share how the new builds are regularly .
    It further proves the NON-Survivability of this ship and it's intended usage.

Many of you are blaming Kixeye, that is why I am brining it up, to show more evidence of how this is useless tech.

I don't suppose that player took a video of the battle to go along with those images??
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 407
    Imho is wrong the concept of harmonics on cruisers, a first line ship unable to avoid fire. Maybe would be more profitable and wise if harmonics were flagship\carrier only tech, and able to boost from sector the ships or fleets in its proximity,would be cool if even allies. Atleast flagships will not be only Space Taxis :/
  • Master Uxi
    Master Uxi
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 279
    I'll probably build my first Guardian Mk 1 with Exophase 1.  As they upgrade, may upgrade to 2 or 3 but that gives you the Harmonic bonus.  May build another with Meta 3 and one or two exophase to experiment after that, but will depend.
  • kixeyeuser_1392497175873_100007758274433
    kixeyeuser_1392497175873_100007758274433
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 382
    Just be happy about 3 shield slots as well as...purple plasma resist....as well as better armors. 
  • Matthew Donovan
    Matthew Donovan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 3

I ha no issues with level 1 shields. And survivability. Sounds like they hit a fleet that they shouldn't have

• Ersha66
    Ersha66
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 407
    Or a outpost since this event is outpost themed
  • ron ZZ
    ron ZZ
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 139

shield is junk, no need to debate, only thing useful is the harmonics. how many points do u need to get harmonics lvl 1? i would tank with shield with other shield rather than the new shield.

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

@ron ZZ said:
    shield is junk, no need to debate, only thing useful is the harmonics. how many points do u need to get harmonics lvl 1? i would tank with shield with other shield rather than the new shield.

Agreed but hard to know how much it takes to give harmonics levels.

• Stef_One
    Stef_One
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 276

@MikeWirus said:

wowowow, he sacrificed his coins to show us test results, imo that deserves a little bit more respect

"what looks good, flies good" <old aviators wisdom>
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 2,066
    I was assured that the new tech will outperform previous tech. As for Harmonics this mkE fleet running all Exo 3's gets about 25% Harmonic bonus

The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever

• kixeyeuser_1392497175873_100007758274433
    kixeyeuser_1392497175873_100007758274433
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 382
    edited 5 Aug 2017, 2:44PM
    I was assured that the new tech will outperform previous tech. As for Harmonics this mkE fleet running all Exo 3's gets about 25% Harmonic bonus

Its survivability may be higher than previous tech, but if the cost for that survivability is several days of repair time then its not really an improvement. We measure something's performance and usefulness in repair time dealt and repair time suffered, it seems like kix doesnt.

With people having to wait 7-12 hrs you would have to limit the amount of shields per ship. The repair used to be 1hp per second, now I think it is 1 hp per 2 and a half seconds. So two and a half longer to get 30% bonus. 2 days 4 hours if you max that out. Or do 1/3 of that (3 divided by 24) with the first shield tier for 9 hours of repair. So go work your 9 hour shift come back and repeat till event is over. You can still use your old Xeno ships for a while and repair those in between events or just use them for the regular Reapers. 
  • Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,934

Its survivability may be higher than previous tech, but if the cost for that survivability is several days of repair time then its not really an improvement. We measure something's performance and usefulness in repair time dealt and repair time suffered, it seems like kix doesnt.

With people having to wait 7-12 hrs you would have to limit the amount of shields per ship. The repair used to be 1hp per second, now I think it is 1 hp per 2 and a half seconds. So two and a half longer to get 30% bonus. 2 days 4 hours if you max that out. Or do 1/3 of that (3 divided by 24) with the first shield tier for 9 hours of repair. So go work your 9 hour shift come back and repeat till event is over. You can still use your old Xeno ships for a while and repair those in between events or just use them for the regular Reapers. 
    Or better option. Use the same armor focused strat as we use for the punisher today. Considering the Guardian has the same bonus to armor mass reduction as the punisher from MK upgrades and can use the same items, armor and resistors. Bonus now is an extra shield slot for metaphase or Diffuser shields, built in harmonics for shields in the hull itself, more alien resist at MK1 and built in plasma resists at MK1.
  • Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 728

Lolololol there's plenty of posts Waring in not to use exoshields lolololol

• Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 728

It won't get foxed cuz Kixeye is greedyyyyyyy

This discussion has been closed.