Swarm Hives + Coop

Infinity EIC
Infinity EIC
Minor Nuisance
Joined May 2017 Posts: 177
For the past few events I am sure most to all players have noticed that no swarm hives are spawning and that they have been removed. I would like to know why and if they can be re-implemented into the game because hives and specifically coop hives were my source of Intel purging and I am sure a bunch of other players who can not farm endless amounts of bases reapers and barrage hives, those targets etheir need the latest full xeno fleets, a lot of coins or a lot of health to purge. If the scenario comes that hives are in no circumstance to come back then it would be great to see at least coop reaper targets, would be interesting to pair with a partner and take out swarms of overwhelming.
  • PeeInPoo
    PeeInPoo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 322

They are not coming back, already said by Chris.

Xeno and Plasma damage are a mistake.
  • Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,185
    The Old Hives are never returning. They've been phased out, replace by the Barrage Hives. 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | ヘブンズ・ドアー
  • MikeWirus
    MikeWirus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2017 Posts: 225

At least do ancient hives, so legion can have something to do

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    It's now up to you to move up in progression and decide what is acceptable damage/points in an event.   This has been stated in the Welcome to the Axis season thread which can now be found in the archive forum.  

Maybe if people came to the forums more often they wouldn't only show up to complain...   

Why do I feel like I've said this many times before. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

@RavenDrakar said:
    It's now up to you to move up in progression and decide what is acceptable damage/points in an event.   This has been stated in the Welcome to the Axis season thread which can now be found in the archive forum.  

Maybe if people came to the forums more often they wouldn't only show up to complain...   

Your a broken record that people ignore, hard life to be advocating in the game world of the community.

• Infinity EIC
    Infinity EIC
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 177

First off not sure if you know but people like me who complain read forums inside and out and get the bad jist of stuff. This was to see if I missed anything and to see if a moderator or someone could give hopes and say something that was missed like, ya, hives are coming back with the ancient ones or maybe there will be an event were they didn't buff the aliens again. Sure the events like decimations and mobilizations are t5 and t6 players, I am a t6 player, skipped t5 since never got most of the bps but a game is not suppose to of course involve pure ships that need coins and the most hard to get **** that only coiners can get. Want a complement about the game? Well it is uniquely designed and has a lot to offer and decent graphics but lacks a good player support (a staff that takes the advice to make the game better) crew.

• ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 279
    If you are a t6 player you should be able to field a fleet of punisher cruisers and hit barrage hives which btw are easier than they have ever been thanks to the addition of lvls 40-55. 

In fact, low lvl barrage hives do not even require xeno tech, but can be hit with revelation cruisers.  Yes the phasing out of co-op targets is unfortunate but by this time you should be able to stand on your own two legs and not rely on bigger brother to get your points for you.  Adapt or die.
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    You're responding to a guy who left the game for almost a year.  ONLY had venoms and furies to use when I got back.  Skipped Vsec, ISC, and DC hulls for the most part (I have the Hellfire BP)  and now run a fleet of Puns with a Dom.   I've been playing the **** game since 2013.  If people read the forums they wouldn't have to ask questions.   The answers were in the thread I pointed to.   The Old Hives are gone from main events  now that doesn't mean they won't come back (Maybe as a part of a future Sector Strike when T6 ships are obsolete and need to be gained to get your foot in the door for T7 and T7.5)  but they aren't going to be in the current events.  

That's why I suggested the Risk Manangement Strategy.   

And Spask if you actually read more of my posts I don't defend the game blindly.  There's a mix.    I don't like Kixeye's greedier practices, but when the answers for something are laid out and simple I don't think it's wrong to get people to read the forums.

In fact if we encouraged more people to read the forums and use them Kixeye might see more of the discontent we talk about and realize that their spreadsheets aren't giving them the big picture....

But I get it you think I'm just a brown-noser. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

@RavenDrakar said:
    You're responding to a guy who left the game for almost a year.  ONLY had venoms and furies to use when I got back.  Skipped Vsec, ISC, and DC hulls for the most part (I have the Hellfire BP)  and now run a fleet of Puns with a Dom.   I've been playing the **** game since 2013.  If people read the forums they wouldn't have to ask questions.   The answers were in the thread I pointed to.   The Old Hives are gone from main events  now that doesn't mean they won't come back (Maybe as a part of a future Sector Strike when T6 ships are obsolete and need to be gained to get your foot in the door for T7 and T7.5)  but they aren't going to be in the current events.  

That's why I suggested the Risk Manangement Strategy.   

And Spask if you actually read more of my posts I don't defend the game blindly.  There's a mix.    I don't like Kixeye's greedier practices, but when the answers for something are laid out and simple I don't think it's wrong to get people to read the forums.

In fact if we encouraged more people to read the forums and use them Kixeye might see more of the discontent we talk about and realize that their spreadsheets aren't giving them the big picture....

But I get it you think I'm just a brown-noser. 

Bro, I don't disagree what you said, i am just saying that people spend more time in-game then going to the forum and read what's already display here for people to see in forum. You can already tell they are new to the forum and any question that have been answer in the recent time will be brought up today unless someone link the thread so they can be up to speed of what they miss then giving them the cold shoulder or a short summary to answer that question. That's how you keep people updated and being involved in the community so people won't come to forum as clueless as they were before or now. Also no I don't think of you as a brown-nosed bro, it's just that there is a better way to addresses the players to be involve the community but we have to do it in a certain way for them to being involve in community forum then just scaring them off. The part when I said broken record is that so many people join in forum and when they ask the question about something we know as we told them to look it up in search forum tool, we get ignore and they ask the same question so that's why a few of us just link the thread and say here is the answer you seek, enjoy the TL;DR section.

• Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

@Infinity EIC said:
    For the past few events I am sure most to all players have noticed that no swarm hives are spawning and that they have been removed. I would like to know why and if they can be re-implemented into the game because hives and specifically coop hives were my source of Intel purging and I am sure a bunch of other players who can not farm endless amounts of bases reapers and barrage hives, those targets etheir need the latest full xeno fleets, a lot of coins or a lot of health to purge. If the scenario comes that hives are in no circumstance to come back then it would be great to see at least coop reaper targets, would be interesting to pair with a partner and take out swarms of overwhelming.

I'm autoing reapers with a carrier and what ever battleships I have floating around the scrapyard. Working out well.

-Git Gud 
  • zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801
    ChalkSix said:
    If you are a t6 player you should be able to field a fleet of punisher cruisers and hit barrage hives which btw are easier than they have ever been thanks to the addition of lvls 40-55. 

In fact, low lvl barrage hives do not even require xeno tech, but can be hit with revelation cruisers.  Yes the phasing out of co-op targets is unfortunate but by this time you should be able to stand on your own two legs and not rely on bigger brother to get your points for you.  Adapt or die.
    what kind of idiot are you hitting barrage hives with revelations? or even cruisers in general?

cutters, or even frigates do better.