New Feature Preview Discussion

• Hydra Reborn
    Hydra Reborn
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 283
    i think its a good idea to reward paying players a small bonus with the VIP ranks.   and those that can't or won't coin should thank the players that do.  because of the coiners the non coiners are able to play this game for free.  so instead of being angry with them you should thank them.  its not the coiners fault that you can't coin yourself.
    but yea..i am glad all coin purchases are retroactivly over the years that this game is running.  will be a surprise whay VIP lvl i will be when it goes live.
  • RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,060
    so what about those that dont want to invest in the greed of vega??? your going to leave us out to dry????? like one post said your getting rid of your audience, non coiners should be priority not favouring one over the other becaause they sink coins into the game. what is been done for us that choose to invest our time, which has its own value. is there plans to reward those players
  • JAANUS123
    JAANUS123
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 33
    btw its so bad that you can see who coins and who doesnt,if you see a rank 10 then the noncoiners know not to hit it,because he will just be killed but it used to be so that players attacked fleets with out knowing who coins and who doesnt (okey some people were known for coining) and people had to fight high end stuff with skill ,now they just sit in their base knowing that they will coin it back or they just have **** strong fleet probably
  • Collin Leung
    Collin Leung
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 337

gotta love how kix 'listens' to us by doing just about nothing but drop untested flts n releasing content beneficial to them

• RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Incursion Leader
    JAANUS123 said:
    btw its so bad that you can see who coins and who doesnt,if you see a rank 10 then the noncoiners know not to hit it,because he will just be killed but it used to be so that players attacked fleets with out knowing who coins and who doesnt (okey some people were known for coining) and people had to fight high end stuff with skill ,now they just sit in their base knowing that they will coin it back or they just have **** strong fleet probably
    this will just give coiners the option to bait you, they have an alt you hit it then they get there main and smash you for a week.......................mothing will change
  • JAANUS123
    JAANUS123
    Potential Threat
    i think its a good idea to reward paying players a small bonus with the VIP ranks.   and those that can't or won't coin should thank the players that do.  because of the coiners the non coiners are able to play this game for free.  so instead of being angry with them you should thank them.  its not the coiners fault that you can't coin yourself.
    but yea..i am glad all coin purchases are retroactivly over the years that this game is running.  will be a surprise whay VIP lvl i will be when it goes live.
    they should reward both playing this game,because they should try to keep both groups in game,it would be quite lonely without noncoiners.I understand they have to reward coiners a little bit more but this is not a little bit :D 
  • JAANUS123
    JAANUS123
    Potential Threat
    JAANUS123 said:
    this will just give coiners the option to bait you, they have an alt you hit it then they get there main and smash you for a week.......................mothing will change
    im quite sure alot of coiners are too lazy to mess with alts :D 
  • Daryl Petty
    Daryl Petty
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 21

I think the coiners get enough incentives already! This is another vague attempt to persuade players to coin. Spent correctly coiners already have a more than fair advantage with Mark upgrades.

• jeclough
    jeclough
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 505
    I think the rewards are too great in higher scale. Maybe cut the VIP ranks to 5. In reality 20% build time reduction isn't that much and the way the coining system is, you wont save coin either if you coin immediately.
  • Daryl Petty
    Daryl Petty
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 21

Ok you want ppl to spend money... ok we get it! But can you add some type of point system to wins and losses towards pvp battles, participation in events, game play etc. You're destroying the game!

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,963
    jeclough said:
    I think the rewards are too great in higher scale. Maybe cut the VIP ranks to 5. In reality 20% build time reduction isn't that much and the way the coining system is, you wont save coin either if you coin immediately.
    I disagree, i think they should go further with ranks past lvl 10. Also coin cost for a refit, build or construction is based on the time taken. So a 20% reduction in time from VIP plus 10% from alliance help (however those two stacks) gives you an immediate reduction in coin cost by the same amount. Thats how the discounts we get now and then work as well.
  • cavemmann
    cavemmann
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 128

@dom.friant said:
    I have mixed feelings about this.

1. Consider counting the coins obtained via video ads or wall offers. In my opinion, unlike coins from the commerce module, civil war prizes etc, these are not true free coins, as Kixeye still received real money for them, just indirectly via the ad company. This would help some of the free players go up a level or two.

100% ageed

Those coins were paid for we should get points for those

@cm chris

• Darren Barnes
    Darren Barnes
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 252
    We know rank 1 is 1000 coins. How much for each of the other ranks please?
  • RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Incursion Leader
    cavemmann said:

@dom.friant said:
    I have mixed feelings about this.

1. Consider counting the coins obtained via video ads or wall offers. In my opinion, unlike coins from the commerce module, civil war prizes etc, these are not true free coins, as Kixeye still received real money for them, just indirectly via the ad company. This would help some of the free players go up a level or two.

100% ageed

Those coins were paid for we should get points for those

@cm chris

that is very interesting DO the coins obtained via commerce module count towards teh vip point count????
  • PeeInPoo
    PeeInPoo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 322

This will result in ships/tech with higher build/refit times to compensate for the bonuses.

Xeno and Plasma damage are a mistake.
  • cavemmann
    cavemmann
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 128

Its like leveling up the commerce module. Way way to many so they wont tell us

• Time Manager
    Time Manager
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 152

Does this mean that the commerce module now costs 1000 coins instead of 300?

I understand that one can argue that you get additional benefits at at 1000 coins and that the commerce module is technically free with respect to VIP levels, but it does now cost 700 more coins/$5 more to access the commerce module.

• XX BAD XX
    XX BAD XX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 33

if you want more money make the game more fun with more action. vega is losing too many people. coiners need non coiners to beat on. everybody has a part in generating revenue.

if you lose all non coiners, coiners lose interest. they pay to win for a reason....to win.

1. bring back videos/offers and fix the bugs
    2. slow down power creep and pace so people can catch-up
    3. let other factions close the gap vs axis
    4. emphasize more pvp and fun, less farming
    thats it
  • SEA WOLF VEGA
    SEA WOLF VEGA
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2013 Posts: 37
    Will this be retroactive for VIP to get credit from the beginning of the game?
  • RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Incursion Leader

Does this mean that the commerce module now costs 1000 coins instead of 300?

I understand that one can argue that you get additional benefits at at 1000 coins and that the commerce module is technically free with respect to VIP levels, but it does now cost 700 more coins/$5 more to access the commerce module.

haha now the newbies gonna be put off more i never noticed that detail shifty kixeye
  • XX BAD XX
    XX BAD XX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 33
    CM Chris said:
    OzuluO said:

Will coins purchased in the past contribute?

Yes.
    Sea wolf you got your lvl 10
  • AngelOfVerdun
    AngelOfVerdun
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 412

@CM Chris

Overall a positive step for the coining community.

However, I can't help but notice that the VIP ranks at higher lvls will most certainly lead to reduced income for

Namely VIP Rank 10 major discounts:
    20% build/refit/crafting
    40% ship lab

This will impact the uber heavy coiners and negativity effect the amount of coins spent by these players, who represent the bulk of coining in the game.

Will this.....
    In an effort to offset the losses from the VIP ranks?

Lead to changes in game mechanics that leads to Higher Repair Costs for ALL the players?

• AngelOfVerdun
    AngelOfVerdun
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2017 Posts: 412

@AngelOfVerdun said:
    @CM Chris

Overall a positive step for the coining community.

However, I can't help but notice that the VIP ranks at higher lvls will most certainly lead to reduced income for

Namely VIP Rank 10 major discounts:
    20% build/refit/crafting
    40% ship lab

This will impact the uber heavy coiners and negativity effect the amount of coins spent by these players, who represent the bulk of coining in the game.

Will this.....
    In an effort to offset the losses from the VIP ranks?

Lead to changes in game mechanics that leads to Higher Repair Costs for ALL the players?

@Cm Chris

For example:
    New ancient reapers have the plasma guns that "follow" or chase and have a 100% hit rate of massive damage to player ships.

Same thing with the yellow energy reapers who now have rupture beam (100% hit rate and dps delivery) instead of the energy Gatling gun (misses due to overspray of yellow energy)

Are we going to see more of the "take a lot of repair" approach to offset the VIP discounts to the uber coiners?

• John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

Is each VIP lvl 1000 points or does the price of subsequent levels go way up? If we spend enough money does Paul Preece come to our birthday party?

This discussion has been closed.