TACTICS (Killing level 40 hive fleet Free-Repairs Venom Battleship design)

Tank Commander
Tank Commander
Potential Threat
Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 64
edited 23 Mar 2017, 1:51AM
To do this i will give you the blueprints to build a venom that will be able of taking down a level 40 hive fleet with minimal damage.
"if you dont take damage the games broken!"
(Following modules and formation)

Gladius Driver 1
Iridium plates 3
Iridium Magnets 3
Rear Thrusters 3
Spectral Shield 4
(Formation: Line)
*Apply the following to a venom battleship, you dont need a Mk2 or Mk3 venom to equip the following, you need x6 venoms for this work.
if you want you can actually Auto this fleet which is good new more most of you and you only need the default formation Line which means you arent screwed lol, but if your into piloting your fleet and dont trust the dumb bot flying your fleet and running a suicide mission.

*Instructions*
you will need to divide your fleet into 2 and group ships 1-3 and 4-6 together, their are two hives and you will pilot both groups toward the hives and half way you will divide your fleets so 1-3 pass beside hive 1 and 4-6 pass hive 2 (Do Not pilot your ships straight toward the hives and turn your guns towards them!) this means your ships can't fire at each other and kill the fighters attacking your ships, have your groups pass the hives which allows them to guard each other and fire at the hives.
*Heres a Crappy Diagram LOL*

~Contents~
-Ships: ^ -Hives: (Hive) -Shotting: Fire<-
                                                                                       ~What to Do~

^ ^ ^  ->Fire   (Hive 1)    (Hive 2)   Fire<-^ ^ ^

~Dont Do!~

(Hive 1)    (Hive 2)

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

LOL Dont Judge meh! I dont got any replays XD

~Tank Commander~

"its Raining Shells! Your bleeding Blood, R.I.P GG Bud!"
  • KiwiKing2000
    KiwiKing2000
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9

Nice diagram, happy that at least SOMEONE is trying to help the community.
    Should also add in ways to upgrade the fleet, so that you get less rep, and have a vega ship calc link.
    Just some constructive criticism, keep up the good work!

• Tank Commander
    Tank Commander
    Potential Threat
    Thank your for the feed back i was gonna do such things
  • xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,111
    keep up the good work!
  • Commander Centurion
    Commander Centurion
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,742

Creeper Torpedo on any hull can make it instantly good at defending against squadrons in defensive formations.

Gladius Driver has poor fire rate and only one shot that will be sure to kill any squadrons in it's path, but I assure you a fleet of Creeper Torpedo Venoms can do even 55 Hives without bad repairs.

• Tank Commander
    Tank Commander
    Potential Threat
    Thank you for the feed back Jace i will try so! Gladius might have a slow rate but it has range and a Blast radius when it shot reachs its target.
  • Commander Centurion
    Commander Centurion

@Tank Commander said:
    Thank you for the feed back Jace i will try so! Gladius might have a slow rate but it has range and a Blast radius when it shot reachs its target.

You don't need that much range to avoid the Hive Gatling Rays. Battleships have 125% range and Creepers, although slow, explode numerous times when swarms pass through them considering they're slow and able to surround the target hive.

Gladius will only get you killed. The only Projectiles that are worth using are Storm Drivers considering they pierce through and Neutron Driver on Destroyers for their AoE and damage.

• Tank Commander
    Tank Commander
    Potential Threat
    Jace Using the Gladius will indeed not get you killed if the weapon was not effective i wouldnt have posted this Build, i agree there are better weapons but this is for the new players who have the following without a douht i believe any level 40+ player could already take on a level 40 hive or higher, with ease.
  • Commander Centurion
    Commander Centurion

@Tank Commander said:
    Jace Using the Gladius will indeed not get you killed if the weapon was not effective i wouldnt have posted this Build, i agree there are better weapons but this is for the new players who have the following without a douht i believe any level 40+ player could already take on a level 40 hive or higher, with ease.

If you have gladius and decent ships (Venoms) to face hives, you probably also have low level SICO (and Creeper as previously said) to do the job as well.

I've helped people without the appropriate "high end" technology all of the time. Gladius' problems are A. The fire rate and B. The minimum range arc. You need consistent fire on these hives to keep them from maintaining damage on your ships.

If you think Gladius is the best alternative to anti squadron weapons, think again. They might blow up all the squadrons that are ontop of the ship firing, but after that you have no protection aside from maybe getting them off again by an ally Gladius Driver shot.

Whereas SICO consistently fires and maintains damage, along with AoE.

This of course is ignoring the fact that Creepers are still the best weapon for anti Hives/Squadrons around alongside a single high fire rate explosive such as SICO or Hydra.

• Commander Centurion
    Commander Centurion

Let's put this into perspective.

My level 22 alt has SICO and doesnt have gladius. If it needed to defend against squadrons around the time it got Venoms, it won't need manifold or the likes of other weapons since SICO does the job very well equipped to a Battleship.

• Tank Commander
    Tank Commander
    Potential Threat
    Then Use sico, feel free to replace the weapon choice with what you weapons you have Sico is extrememly useful agaisnt squadrons by all means use it! what i put in build was optional, equip whatever works for or whatever you feel would improve the build!
  • Commander Centurion
    Commander Centurion

@Tank Commander said:
    Then Use sico, feel free to replace the weapon choice with what you weapons you have Sico is extrememly useful agaisnt squadrons by all means use it! what i put in build was optional, equip whatever works for or whatever you feel would improve the build!

I prefer my manifolds and creepers for squadron defense. I'm suggesting, for low levels, to use SICO 1, Creeper 1, anything with a consistent or slow projectile, or fire rate that is able to cover the other weapons fire rate, since both weapons you can easily have unlocked by the time you've unlocked Venom Battleships (which is about the minimum ship unlocked to be able to actually do hives)

• xCommander621x
    xCommander621x
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 17
    Tried this strategy. Didn't work.

Yes, I didn't use all venoms, 2 cruiser w/ manifold and venoms w/ vector, went to the side and started firing. It gave me a lot of repair, let alone instant. 

• Tank Commander
    Tank Commander
    Potential Threat
    Well The tactic was built to succeed the way it was designed if you alter it you can't grantee if it you will work, the strategy works if it is performed the way in the discription i grantee. nothing wrong with trying to make it work your way, my condolences that it costed you much repair time.
  • Andrew Bernal
    Andrew Bernal
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 46
    All venom fleets with sicos are free insta. All of them.
    So Then I Said... - SO then i said we cared about the player's feedback
  • MeZzMaPhIa
    MeZzMaPhIa
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 39
    edited 12 Apr 2017, 5:53PM
    i use creeper 2 mixed with mannifold 3 on fury mk iv dread mk iv and zeal mk iv 6 bs fleet and insta rep on 55s all have AM iv same formation as he has in his diagram.

~Do!~

(Hive 1)    (Hive 2)

^>>>>^

• Tank Commander
    Tank Commander
    Potential Threat
     :p I like the diagram its pretty Classic!
  • Final Stand
    Final Stand
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 31

The best build i have so far found is a bunch of rancors with hex missiles (like hex 3 or 4?) all mk 2. Spectral 4 shielding, armour is zynth (ithink). Needs no high end tech, just time. (build time is much shorter than my dominion - I could probably build like 4 of those fleets in the time I need to build the dom.)

essentially, u gotta use box formation and squeeze in real tight. Fly towards one of the hives and when u think ur in range turn all rancors towards the hives. Hex will kill all the swarms. (mostly I mean)

• Tank Commander
    Tank Commander
    Potential Threat
    interesting, thanks for the share!

• Nyan Hellcat
    Nyan Hellcat
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 1
    Nice, Thanks for this!
  • gaberking
    gaberking
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 40
    Nice post here, really interesting. I may even try it, if I would have time to build the fleet.  I would like to say, that insta rancs with gladius I and II, but probally even with only level one can manually destroy lvl 40 alien base, if used right. One fleet can take around 15% of a base, so you should only fly around with three of these fleets and then come with stonger fleet to only take down citadel.