Official Planet Strike Discussion Thread

CM Chris
CM Chris
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,737
Leave tips, tricks, strategies, and feedback here.
KIXEYE Director of Marketing
Community Rules: CLICK HERE
Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • fandobanando
    fandobanando
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 896

Fuckfest

• STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920

Yay! Finally 48 hours no farming and have fun based on what VC actually stands for... PvP

• Benacle
    Benacle
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 11

Thank you for the clarification, I was puzzled when I saw that the store prizes were identical to last time.

• Ticking
    Ticking
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 10

How about hulls instead of blueprints. Those that need tier4 would probable be helped more with like five hulls to save the 5-7 days of build

• Tyler Woodman
    Tyler Woodman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 11
    Wouldav been nice if new tech was offered. If IS ships are going to be offered basically never, why not offer them in the planet strike? Theyre still pretty ok at mid level

Also new tech as well maybe. Low and mid levels need Manifold Missile for instance, as its essential for mid level farming. Gatling Ray and other infrequent, lower tier prizes would be nice too
  • PeeInPoo
    PeeInPoo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 322

This is just wasting noob's time, I pitty those who dare to build tier 4 hulls right now.

Xeno and Plasma damage are a mistake.
  • Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 710
    edited 19 Jun 2017, 10:40PM
    If you are a noob you have to work your way up. That's how it works. You can't go from a level 35 base to running alien tech. And for those at their level this is a good opportunity.

I pity your foolishness. BTW, you are a noob.

Sector 400, huh? I need a good 41 base for my BA missions.
  • Swirowatosc
    Swirowatosc
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 9
    kixe almost all players can  do all planet strike hulls on auto with rews fleets so give us something to use in other tech !!! more non hull tech that will be changed then every planet strike so this event will be dead maybe not this time but another for sure we want more tech for base and weapons that we can use on those t4 ships to arch missle is not good for everything impulse beam for base is **** and will be killed by all destroyers antymater armour is not necessary the base stuf like meta and fusion are critical fos every player but they are in blueprints to
  • Benacle
    Benacle
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2017 Posts: 11

Eh... I used venoms with manifold 1 and a crap load of co-op to get the punisher blueprint. Im still upgrading my base to use the ragnarok carrier bp I got last planet strike. It is possible to make the jump from venoms straight to xeno, it just takes a lot of work and friends to help. I am 100% free to play btw, never coined a single rep on the venoms.

• PeeInPoo
    PeeInPoo
    Skilled Warrior

@pjwuebker said:

Either blow my base up or shut up, but don't come here sh*tposting with your machoman attitude because it will be to no avail.

@pjwuebker said:

No sh*t Sherlock.

@pjwuebker said:
    If you are a noob you have to work your way up. That's how it works. You can't go from a level 35 base to running alien tech. And for those at their level this is a good opportunity.

You can, I did it, with 5 venoms and a revelation cruiser hit lvl 60 reapers to get the punisher. My base is lvl 41 just because I started to fit gemini drivers and talonite plates on bridge and CMs, if it wasn't because of them I'd be quite lower.

But no, you had to come here to tell me what I can do and what not because you know more about what I did than I.

• Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 728
    Thank You, cm Chris for answering the questions we had.
  • teshag
    teshag
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 9

@Benacle said:
    Eh... I used venoms with manifold 1 and a crap load of co-op to get the punisher blueprint. Im still upgrading my base to use the ragnarok carrier bp I got last planet strike. It is possible to make the jump from venoms straight to xeno, it just takes a lot of work and friends to help. I am 100% free to play btw, never coined a single rep on the venoms.

I went from venoms to punishers. I still dont have a carrier built yet lol no time to build one when your building punishers lol. My best ship was a dread that i have no clue where it came from

• ArchElite
    ArchElite
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 170

@pjwuebker said:

I went from a 35 base to alien tech. Now im 60. Ihad no carriers. No T4 or T5 ships. I pushed my way to aliens hard

Because Illuminati

http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png

• zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801

PeeInPoo said:

@pjwuebker said:

Either blow my base up or shut up, but don't come here sh*tposting with your machoman attitude because it will be to no avail.

@pjwuebker said:

No sh*t Sherlock.

@pjwuebker said:

You can, I did it, with 5 venoms and a revelation cruiser hit lvl 60 reapers to get the punisher. My base is lvl 41 just because I started to fit gemini drivers and talonite plates on bridge and CMs, if it wasn't because of them I'd be quite lower.

But no, you had to come here to tell me what I can do and what not because you know more about what I did than I.

Hi troll. please go elsewhere.

so, you made the jump from venoms to xeno. good for you. get a carrier, some decent battleships, and you can start doing higher lv reapers. let me know when you can actually respond appropriately to comments, then we can talk more. until then, you get my abuse tag. thank you for using idiot services, helping idiots everywhere

• Star Platinum
    Star Platinum
    VC Mod
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 2,261
    @CM Chris

Will there be another voting session for picking out the tech available for the next Catch up event? 
    Don't screw with me, I'm an Engineer. | Read this if you're jailed/banned. | C-MOON
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,737

@CM Chris

Will there be another voting session for picking out the tech available for the next Catch up event? 

Hasn't been discussed yet - really comes down to what type of runway the game team has for planning that event and what type of flexibility they have in the prize pool they can offer. It's something I'm always in favor of, though, especially for the smaller events like Catch-Ups. 
    KIXEYE Director of Marketing
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • PeeInPoo
    PeeInPoo
    Skilled Warrior

@zparadis said:
    so, you made the jump from venoms to xeno. good for you. get a carrier, some decent battleships, and you can start doing higher lv reapers. let me know when you can actually respond appropriately to comments, then we can talk more. until then, you get my abuse tag. thank you for using idiot services, helping idiots everywhere

QSo your upset because you are not right.

So, when are you coming to 400?

• rellufnai
    rellufnai
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 4
    Woo hoo yah alright the same prizes as last time. I am so excited. ( I hope you are picking up the sarcasm)
  • Too Lee
    Too Lee
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 67

just auto farm with t2 ships in feature events to t6.

• zparadis
    zparadis
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 801

PeeInPoo said:

@zparadis said:

QSo your upset because you are not right.

So, when are you coming to 400?

huh? the other guy said he was coming. pay attention.
  • Condoria
    Condoria
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2017 Posts: 8
    I feel like 2 days is not enough time.
  • The Face Less Man
    The Face Less Man
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2014 Posts: 717
    edited 20 Jun 2017, 4:23PM
    @CM Chris

When might something be done with the Alien artifacts near the antimatter fields, along with Vega Complex.

On a side note rapture and osprey?

On a third note not feeling Vega really since it all seems to be leaning towards the power Creep Demon Core-->Xeno-->AXIS-->Void.
    Anything that might keep players still going/active that we might need to know?
  • Tyler Woodman
    Tyler Woodman
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 11

pjwuebker said:

Just a btw, i got Punisher when i was lv33 :P by the time i was 38 i had all of them except Decimator (still dont)

Ofc now im lv58 because of claiming Storm turrets, base upgrades, etc. Within like a 2 weeks period. So i would say that none of this tech is needed if noobs listen to experienced players

What noobs need for instance is Manifold Missile. 5 venons with lv1 Manis and boom, you can now claim tier 6 hulls with some time and effort. Im able to do up to lv55 hives with mine

That isnt to say that Tier 4 hulls dont make it easier. My main hive hunter with 3 Zeals and 3 venoms does WAY better than it used to when it was only venoms
  • ossocdo
    ossocdo
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 148

I jumped from Venom to Punisher. And since then my factory is 100% building Xeno hulls. No time to build T4-T5 hulls, as building xeno is more worth the build time; more dps and health. So my 'factory' for T4-T5 hulls is GOLD and SILVER boxes and pre-built hull offers from events. Now i just need to find time to refit them on my back to back factory schedule.

To get punisher, low level need to farm hives with at least venom fleet or revelation fleet (or mixed) with Creeper(farmable)/Aurora/Manifold(both from events) weapon, minimum spectral 4 and minimum zynthium 2 also minimum focus optics 3 (for aurora)

Ofcourse, Planet Strike gives you the opportunity to a better hive farming by offering Zeal and Dread also Ragnarok and Valkyrie carriers. These ships are still good for pvp as well. Lance destroyer also still powerfull for basing below lvl 50 in this 'Xeno era'.

So most of the prizes in Planet Strike are still helpull for low lvl players to move forward. I just recommend the Game Team to come up with more usefull Weapons and Armor. Cos turret, Arc and Scoop can't give any decent help that players needed.

• Aletheides
    Aletheides
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 1,963
    edited 20 Jun 2017, 5:43AM
    What you "i used venoms to farm xeno" people forget is that old hives were never intended to be a persistent part of the xeno season to begin with. I dont think you can assume that this will continue nor that it will be possible in the coming AXIS season to go from rags to riches now that kix added progression events for new players.

The entire point of this new meta after the great rebalance is to make sure everyone isnt the same or have access to the same tech at practically the same time, so dont expect existing shortcuts to persist or new ones to continue to be implemented in the future. Ergo you and yours arent representative of where the game is heading, you were lucky.
  • PeeInPoo
    PeeInPoo
    Skilled Warrior

@zparadis said:
    huh? the other guy said he was coming. pay attention.

True, my bad, but still I find the other guy being the troll as I have been proven right.

• HarpoonoZenith
    HarpoonoZenith
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 422
    New planet strike Banner looks pretty good C:
    Though I wonder When the next Tech swap will be.
    Good opportunity for res and Cores.
    Image result for **** Kixeye
  • Times have Changed
    Times have Changed
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 728

Gives some of us time into relax with family while refitting hulls after grinding the previous events to get better. Time to take a break refit relax lol. We will get there when we get there. Not worried I thanked cm for offering the truth couldn't ask for more its family time while refits will be done. Good luck farming rebels have a nice event.

This discussion has been closed.