Cold War: Coup - Official Event Discussion

• DogStar123
    DogStar123
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,627
    Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. Did a 100 at start of raid and just barely finished it, it was fun. Now my fleet is dying at first turret bank. I thought I just got lucky that first time but my 100 days are done.  I suppose it was to easy for the top 10% so now that they all have over 100 million us peons suffer.
  • stuzl873213
    stuzl873213
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 290
    Spent a long time and lot of effort to do IBs. They are a waste of time in this raid. Breezing through though with 3 monos with zelos and pun tanks
  • zijie.chow
    zijie.chow
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 139

Did they ever say in the last raid what activates the Apollo in the raid targets? one just activated in an 83 target and just about destroyed my whole fleet of monoliths 

One of the rhinos will randomly switch and become an Apollo. When it dies, the Apollo in the target unshrouds.

Man you just solved the mystery I've tried to solve since the garrison cycle started and i've just verified that in a target. Now I can actively mitigate and avoid the shrouded POS.
  • TheGazbeard
    TheGazbeard
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,106
    edited 16 Jun 2017, 4:10PM
    Hey Doomrooster

What's with the introduction of the ICBM Nuke after-death missile on the isolated small centre island in the 100s?  (the island above and right of the megaship construction building).

Repeated it about 12 times now and since around midnight Pacific Time last night approx 1.5 seconds after everything on the island is destroyed it launches a single executioner style missile that takes over 40% off my Gridiron that has 2 C1-M on it - that's over 40% of primary health not the charged pool - and I have 94% penetrative resist on that Gridiron.  That one missile is adding 2 hours repair to my fleet every time I hit a 100.

Seems like a total **** move to add something like that 15 hours into the raid.

I'd make a video of it, but as usual the lag is too much to run screen recording as well as the game - lag that ONLY exists in Battle Pirates - I can run Mechwarrior Online at highest graphics without lag and that is one seriously graphics intensive game.

Edit to add:  Have submitted ticket copying this post and additional info - #3839765

In a game like BP the hardest targets should be other players, not the AI targets!
  • Typhoons
    Typhoons
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 2,406

I have had those 2 phantom morts hit me twice in the 100 target.My tank is loaded with gale 3 and flcm,my monos each have one gale 2 per.The island after running the gauntlet is where it's happening,those 2 morts can take 1/4 of fleets health.Should not
    be happening.

DoomRooster said
    This Warn You 
  • Vader 222
    Vader 222
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 4
    edited 16 Jun 2017, 4:15PM
    There are mods here, please explain why damage is being manipulated by Kixeye in raid targets.  
  • Marc_T07
    Marc_T07
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 5
    I dont understand wy kixye dus not releaise more of the lower level targets, just now and than you can find a level 41 - 43 and 45, than wayt for more than an our lol

• The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 4,229
    Check the locator. It normally has a few of every target in it.
  • TheGazbeard
    TheGazbeard
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,106
    edited 16 Jun 2017, 4:19PM
    Also Doomrooster - hate to say it but the quote below is lies, lies, and damned lies - either you were fed lies to regurgitate to us, or ... well, you know.

There is very little similarity in the damage quotient between this raid and last raid - as many people have already stated in this thread.

There is either a problem with the charged armour (which I believe is true regardless), or countermeasures are not working correctly, or the counters to countermeasures on the targets' missiles have been cranked way up.

CM DOOMROOSTER
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 4,749

9 Jun 2017, 8:47PM

edited 9 Jun 2017, 8:49PM

Greetings Captains,

The June event set up is very very similar to the previous events in the Cold War cycle. As such, we'll forgo any tips on the targets and instead, we'd like to share with you some Tips & Tricks for getting the most out of your Icebreaker and Monolith hulls.
    https://community.kixeye.com/discussion/699092#latest

In a game like BP the hardest targets should be other players, not the AI targets!
  • Jagang50
    Jagang50
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 164
    I know it stated the phoenix lock was until 9am PDT, but what about the worlds that started later?

The lock has been placed back on, yet we have only had it for 19 hours.
  • TonyLynn
    TonyLynn
    Greenhorn
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 10
    Epsilon world started 4hrs later so why is the Lock on

• Michael Staten
    Michael Staten
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 426
    becuase if you didnt give them enough coin u should have to wait further lol

• Nabil Hassan
    Nabil Hassan
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,394

Youve got to be more specific than a typical generic damage increase claim. Plus, the generic response to such question is that raids will always get tougher as its cycle continues (which is a fact).

Negation
  • filmbryan1
    filmbryan1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 5,870
    Alright I haven't put on my tinfoil hat in a while, but this is what I am seeing. Yesterday I was walking through the 100s with about a 3-4 coin repair. Today I just tried putting on a BB crew. my fleet has a phalanx 4 Gale 3 and trident per ship. I took near triple the amount of damage as yesterday. Normally I would just assume I drove poorly, but I did the same route and the BB should have been more helpful.
    You will only receive my scorn from this point forward
  • Nabil Hassan
    Nabil Hassan
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,394

Also, there is already a discussion that is already "narrowing" down in this observation over here https://m.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/699728

Negation
  • HellHound_DP
    HellHound_DP
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 141
    So I busted **** to get the phoenix while it was unlocked and got it but now the weapon and special are locked behind the justice hull anyways, you guys are a special kind of stupid aren't you ?? kixeye makes me sick anymore, greedy bastards.
  • parched fish
    parched fish
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 8

Marc_T07 said:

I dont understand wy kixye dus not releaise more of the lower level targets, just now and than you can find a level 41 - 43 and 45, than wayt for more than an our lol

Check the locator. It normally has a few of every target in it.

• Davey_Jones
    Davey_Jones
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 55
    Not recieving tokens after redeeming!!!!!
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Unicorn Overlord
    Which tokens did you buy and under which category are you looking for them in?
  • p_b82
    p_b82
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 566
    Why are they stupid?

They opened up the newest hull to people without the need to buy a 20M point hull before it, as an offer to the player base.... those that are not able to play during the first 24hrs are at a disadvantage there, but they can do it by just grinding it out when they are able to play.

Also do you *have* to build it with the new missile and special - nope........

They'll offer a better/ equally good new missile in the FM soon anyways, so I wouldn't be too upset if I were you....

Btw I also only have the hull unlocked, so not saying it from the  perspective of me grabbing everything already)
  • tim.lee.9026
    tim.lee.9026
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 7
    Guys, I have to give props for giving players the chance to earn the phoenix without having to get the justice.   My little beef is the timing. While some of the players are retired, or whatever the issue may be it was great for them. But for those of us that still work the timing was not good at all. these targets are not (auto) targets and takes a little time to do each. I played for 3 hrs last night and netted a little over 20 mil.  It was a nice gesture but the timing coulda been a little more forgiving for those of us that work.   thanks
  • The_Vengeful_One
    The_Vengeful_One
    Unicorn Overlord

Rene_Kirk said:

HEY TEDDY RUXPIN I DONT AMUSE MYSELF WITH PLAYERS LIKE YOU YA COMMS WARRIOR NOW SHUT UP OR PUT UP........ HEY GUYS THEY DID BRING THE DAMAGE DOWN ...HAD A STEEL HAD A STEEL HEAD CREW WHILE IN 100 AND A gm RUNNING IN BASE 7 COIN ...LOL I MIGHT OF DRIVIN TO CLOSE ON TWO ISLANDS CAUSE YESTURDAY  IT WAS 5-6 WILL TRY IT AGAIN AND SEE ...OH BTW KIKEYE YA NEED TO STOP ....STOPPING MY FLEET FOR 2 SECONDS AND THEN RELEASING IT ...LET TRY THIS AGAIN 

Someone is triggered anyway, all I said was that your internet is **** and that the video is playable, never challenged you to anything lil buddy.

That starting and stopping is to prevent an old bug. Ships would sometimes stop at max range and not fire, really **** bug. How do I know? I made a video and gave it to one of the mods for him to pass up, it was patched pretty quickly.

That is old time FM targets not targets in 2017´s raid nor forsaken weekly.... ;)

Teddy is trying to show him what he is talking about with the glitch.
  • Teddycuddlez
    Teddycuddlez
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 5,076

Rene_Kirk said:

HEY TEDDY RUXPIN I DONT AMUSE MYSELF WITH PLAYERS LIKE YOU YA COMMS WARRIOR NOW SHUT UP OR PUT UP........ HEY GUYS THEY DID BRING THE DAMAGE DOWN ...HAD A STEEL HAD A STEEL HEAD CREW WHILE IN 100 AND A gm RUNNING IN BASE 7 COIN ...LOL I MIGHT OF DRIVIN TO CLOSE ON TWO ISLANDS CAUSE YESTURDAY  IT WAS 5-6 WILL TRY IT AGAIN AND SEE ...OH BTW KIKEYE YA NEED TO STOP ....STOPPING MY FLEET FOR 2 SECONDS AND THEN RELEASING IT ...LET TRY THIS AGAIN 

Someone is triggered anyway, all I said was that your internet is **** and that the video is playable, never challenged you to anything lil buddy.

That starting and stopping is to prevent an old bug. Ships would sometimes stop at max range and not fire, really **** bug. How do I know? I made a video and gave it to one of the mods for him to pass up, it was patched pretty quickly.

That is old time FM targets not targets in 2017´s raid nor forsaken weekly.... ;)

I'm aware. It was demonstrating a bug, not the target.
  • Rene_Kirk
    Rene_Kirk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 642
    This game is getting old.... same deal, more damage added, no way to defend from, just suk it up butter cup.... pfft

Thumbs down
    Been visiting : 1, 14, 22, 37, 68, 80, 100, 117, 120, 121, 132, 139, 140, 144, 171, 173, 182, 207, 208, 213, 217, 219, 222, 230, 231, 234, 239, 243, 252, 261, 278, 307, 345, 382, 387, 401, 414, 415, 418, 440, 454, 474, 485, 495, 500
  • Rene_Kirk
    Rene_Kirk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 642
    NO wait... they added lag too... that´s for free ;)

Been visiting : 1, 14, 22, 37, 68, 80, 100, 117, 120, 121, 132, 139, 140, 144, 171, 173, 182, 207, 208, 213, 217, 219, 222, 230, 231, 234, 239, 243, 252, 261, 278, 307, 345, 382, 387, 401, 414, 415, 418, 440, 454, 474, 485, 495, 500
  • kixeyeuser_1394199261612_599659758
    kixeyeuser_1394199261612_599659758
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 102
    So now i need another 20m b4 new raid hull, i couldn't physically play enough for 60m in the time... so screw you customer or pay more than i already do... nah this isn't acceptable, bye no more cash from me... 
  • Fred.Falkland
    Fred.Falkland
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 3,037
    100 damage recently dialed back down somewhat?  Just did a 100 with VIB fleet and Molotov crew for 3.5 hours repair.
  • Dumpster D
    Dumpster D
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 466

maybe someone can explain why my grid isnt shooting down missiles?  my driving isnt bad but not perfect either.  Everything is r15 and build is in the description.

An update to my original post.  So i tried my Zelos tank which has no charged armor and it did fine.  Had about 1.5 hrs of fleet damage which is what i expect.   So something is wrong with the charged armor and i believe counters may also be affected because i have more Plax4 on my Grid than my Zelos. I can see the counters working on the Zelos but not on the Grid.
  • Grinder4
    Grinder4
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 92
    At this point we have to realize that Kixeye is just trolling us for laughs. The damage increase and the lag is just to see how far they can take players before they quit and how dumb the whales are spending hundreds of dollars on the raid.
  • Drax
    Drax
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,755
    "We have removed the lock to the Phoenix, Talon Missile, and Carbon Fiber Casing for the first day of the event! These items are unlocked until Friday 9am PDT."

Fantastic news for Alpha world, they get 24 hours to go for this... 

all other worlds get a kick in the pants.

if your raid starts 4 hours later because that is what the game dictates then you only get 20 hours... oh wait there is sleep in there... 12 hours.. hang on some work as well... 4 hours .. yup that's about right 4 hours to go for the 60 mil in unlocked mode...

what a crock of **** kix promise a day a 20 hour day...
This discussion has been closed.