Player Opinions | Vega Conflict

Master of Shadows
Master of Shadows
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 3,678
edited 9 Jun 2017, 4:29PM
Whats happening Rebels,
Im sure a few people will have recently seen my friend Axel's post asking players to offer their opinions on Vega Conflict and what everyone considers the games current state to be. We want to get a slightly clearer idea of what everyone thinks using some numbers, so we're running this poll to get an idea.

Anyways, we'd like to ask you to consider all the points on Axels comprehensive list, and then cast your vote here on the game and your opinion on it. Do you think the game couldn't be in a better state? Does it need improving? Are you on the verge of abandoning it entirely? Please cast your votes and tell us what you think and why.
I think this shall be an interesting discussion.

Polls in other forums for anyone that's curious about whats going on outside the BP space.
[Player Opinions | Battle Pirates]

Player Opinions | Vega Conflict 130 votes

1 | Game couldn't be better
1%
Omega-ZKwensss 2 votes
2 | Needs some improving but OK overall
26%
GDIAXRavenDrakarsavo666ArdRetribution 1595EliteRangerHallackLiath555jorgenarvaez82LegomastarAnastasiskChalkSixSirAramisThunderLucasReatchArcho_Xpatrykusek20Kevin ShirlingBD BobBeastMiner26 35 votes
3 | Undecided/Neutral
3%
camelot10bhswissEricknatorAlberto RSheep Geminis 5 votes
4 | Needs lots of improving
37%
No..BeardHarpoonoZenithdanielroberts1976Gladiator.LeeDarthkuribohRyantheRedBabyGroottony.salesxcvxvxoktoberfestPetro999UbertrainerHlias SchumacheraldrockStiredmilkmanKhaosfirestomLTBloodshedLakeBumYohan RogerThe Kiddie 49 votes
5 | Game couldn't be worse, Im considering quitting
25%
Dayspring329EQUINOX 600JimenChingRedBaron042Jonnyd1iCore102vl@scharger69Kalelson88RealGammaHawkSexy Foxylukasz.bak85Long duck dongcatsbyV enomsgpatersonhaaaakerChrono_82Paulie757Elim Garak45 33 votes
Already quit
4%
King Zeus1jskelton063YourakkteshagSTORM_BREAKERPrestonX 6 votes
  • Nobighelp
    Nobighelp
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2017 Posts: 69

I'm having issues with enjoying the game now.  Its mostly jump on hit the couple Bhives for boxes that drop no cores or patterns. Wait the 11hrs repair time while I cruise these forums, and sleep. 

I like the ideas of mk upgrades when it was released, but now its just such a grindfest for materials I wish they would just remove them and have solid stat ships again.  I also enjoyed the smaller riots with less contents just flying for intel and pushing for that weapon or ship, and knowing if you didn't reach it, it would return again. 

Customization in this game has also lost its way.  Sure there are plenty of weapons armor and specials but what are people using now?  Puns-discannons exal hardend resistor....or maybe they are building their Exterminators shatter pral casing. 

If they aren't building these or have these they are loosing a loosing battle to keep up with content.  My only hope is that kixeye revamps the game, kind of like they said in the WIP and then some.                 cough cough (farmable time tokens for those willing to put in the time and skill)

sorry for rant

• Axel L
    Axel L
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,118

The introduction of Reusable Items (RI) is making the game a whole lot worse now. The cost for a single item is stupid compared to a bp and there is very little difference between them. My best guess is the RI's need a lot more time to get and then take longer to fit which means more revenue all round and no benefit to the player.

Look at the current base RI's, perhaps one is better than storm driver for your base right now, the sico but that has rubbish increase in dps compared to the fact you have to grind the **** out of stuff AND then refit the cm, just not worth the effort/repair time/coins.

One full set of bp's usually costs 750,000 intel and you can fit as many as you like, as often as you like. RI's cost anything from 30,000 to 200,000 for a single one! a ripoff if ever there was one, plus think of the time cost to keep getting enough RI's to use on a single fleet or even a base!

Add to the fact that the RI turrets random drop from boxes just increases the amount of damage taken/repair time/coins spent. to get enough of them.

RI's = total ripoff and con job

I think we have something in common in War Commander where we have to get Limited Tech. We in War Commander can custom our units to give them some specific benefits like adding things to the hulls in VC and BP. However, at the moment there are a standard set of units and we have to farm individual tech for them to make them effective.

The kixeye devs for WC tried to partly fix that issue by adding in the component replicator which would make it possible to replicate limited tech. However, the system was complicated and the building where the replication took place (Workshop) could happen in an invalid state while replicating which caused the replication process to get stuck at a point and making the player unable to use the building. The replication costs for 1 item was also a bit high like you explained with RI in VC. A replication took somewhere between 1-6 days and the average was something around 2-3 days for 1 item. Also unlike VC, in WC you have in some situations to use something like 5 to 10 units with tech.
     <|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
     <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
     <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
     <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
     <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
     <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920
    Already quit

Who cares?

• RamWhite
    RamWhite
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2016 Posts: 351

Good, but not that good.

VEGA security: active.
  • Lee Van Cleef
    Lee Van Cleef
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 302
    It is a second job now.. boring of events all days with most useless things which becomes obsolete soon and super long time to build and refit. The pattern drop is a joke.

• HarpoonoZenith
    HarpoonoZenith
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 422
    Power Creep.
    It needs to be fixed.

Content Spam.
    It needs to slow down.

Time.
    Refit bay Was never successful. Though A necessary thing.

Megacoiners.
    The people the game is designed for.
  • The Thoughtful One
    The Thoughtful One
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 68
    Much like the above. Content spam, which is even worse for non-coiners. Inability to build up to a satisfactory level as the bar keeps moving away much faster that my ships can be built/refit. Have to farm the **** out of the Boxes that drop hulls simply so that I can have units for the roles that I don't want to waste a top end Xeno Ship on (BP/res farming for instance).

There simply is no reasonable competition against Coiners ... even the mid level ones are a nightmare to non-coiners when some bug decides to crawl up their *** and give them a bad attitude. A problem that is only magnified with the event spam, cause non-coiners to lose farming fleets that have 12+ hours of repair.

Customization is only marginally present ... eliminated almost entirely because of faction/hull specific technologies preventing people from being creative.

Would honestly quit the game if it wasn't simply 'log on, farm until X Repitime is received (usually in less than 10 minutes playtime), hit repair, log off, and go do something else).
  • Master of Shadows
    Master of Shadows
    Unicorn Overlord
    Im definitely sensing a strong theme amongst the different games made by KIXEYE, especially the high flow of content.
    Thanks for the feedback so far everyone.
  • PeeInPoo
    PeeInPoo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 322
    I think people should play the game not trying to get every tech, obviously it will get frustrating, insted just grab what you find most useful ot like the most. That's my playstyle at least and im quite happy with the game right now, in this account i haven't spend money, altought im thinking to spend some, just to support them a little.

I don't see the point of being a endgame player, you will never be, there always will be new tech, so it seems reasonable to me to get just the most useful tech.
    Xeno and Plasma damage are a mistake.
  • Christopher Bennett
    Christopher Bennett
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 118

It takes an incredibly long time to get a fleet to be able to run in the high level alien events. And by that time the alien fleets are more difficilt and your fleet you just took two months Building is obsolete. So you start building more ships which will be obsolete by the time you finish building them.

• tiredmilkman
    tiredmilkman
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 153
    1. POWER CREEP WAY TOO FAST
    2. Ship fitting times are insane.  4+ months for an end game fleet.

You need to reduce event releases to 6 per year to deal with excessive build/fit times.  refit times are 20d per ship, the base hulls are about 5-6d.
  • Master of Shadows
    Master of Shadows
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 15 Jun 2017, 1:59PM

You need to reduce event releases to 6 per year to deal with excessive build/fit times.  refit times are 20d per ship, the base hulls are about 5-6d.
    Just out of curiosity, have KIXEYE ever made any open comment about content flow and intentions to slow it down?
  • EaglesWing
    EaglesWing
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 351

Thane_Mantis said: 

Just out of curiosity, have KIXEYE ever made any open comment about content flow and intentions to slow it down?

https://m.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/690432 this first paragraph sums it up pretty well what kixeye's intention is.
  • AirChronic
    AirChronic
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 324
    30+ day refit times and exorbitant prices for things have soured my opinion of the game.  I play about 10% as much as I used to.

• EliteRanger
    EliteRanger
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 976

I am not at the "I quit" point, but this game needs to change 2 things.
    1. Build and refit times need to be reduced. At one point I wanted to build a fleet of internal gattling covenants. That would have taken me 2 months. WTF. So, I didn't build that fleet. I get it kixeye, you need to make money but that's too long and I sure as hell ain't going to coin that fleet.
    2. What's the rush. Why do we need T6.5 so soon. 90% of your player base haven't even built 1/3 of the xeno stuff yet. Since it introduction, I have 6 punisher (one was the blank hull), 3 decimators (1 was a blank hull) and 1 exterminator (not even fitted with weapons or armor yet). That's 10 ships since February and BOOM! here come T6.5 with more insane Dps, and better health. Making Xeno ships not a necessity anymore. You guys are blowing your own foot off just because you have another one.

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    The social aspect of the game keeps me playing and I've got a bunch of good clan members.  

Content spam, Well this isn't going to be fixed anytime soon, because they want to do a time gate for progression, but seriously we don't need .5 seasons.  Make base centric tech the second part of a season/tier and just run the tier all year.  It will give people time to get their fleets up and play with them before the new year and them being replaced by the new hot ****.  

2 Dividing up your monthly events so while there may be 9 of them, there are ones a player can skip without feeling like they are losing out.  
    CW should have unique and useful prizes (Maybe this could be where those time tickets are earned along with coins. Mobilizations are going to be for crafting.. I get that.   Catch-up events should actually center around allowing players who need to to catch up.   

3. Crafting:  Get rid of all the fluff.  Cores, parts, patterns, Arms....   Make a bounty system so that when you kill these supply run fleets you get an amount of points called "Crafting supplies" and then you can use those in the workshop to actually craft your upgrades.    You get the points and craft the refit. 

Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • LTBloodshed
    LTBloodshed
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,525

this game is a giant piece of crap

if tier7 is another reset I'll be quitting soon

• LakeBum
    LakeBum
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 145
    Refit times are ridiculous! Then add in that you cant build any knew empty ships while you refit, so around 20 days to build and fit a XENO division ship, 120 days for 6 ships, FOUR **** MONTHS for 1 fleet that you may have to tweak some for new content or not performing quite like you want.  That's not even 3 fleets a year, oh yeah, then you have to refit everytime you MK a ship up.  I cant even add a level 3 squadron to my carrier because I cant lose it for 3 days, would be nice to have 2 Doms but that aint gonna happen anytime soon.  Whatever Kixeye, ride it while you can. 

• Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,843

There are no intentions to slow down as of right now.
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece