The current state of Vega Conflict?

Axel L
Axel L
Unicorn Overlord
Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 11,118
edited 9 Jun 2017, 9:58PM
Hello fellow captains. I'm one of the most active forum members in the War Commander forums. However, I'm interesting to see the state of the game in Vega Conflict so I can compare it to War Commander because I has quit Vega Conflict a long time ago. I can say that War Commander is on a very slippery road at this time and it would be interesting to see if the progression of the other kixeye games are in the right or wrong direction for the customers.

The question is simple, you will have to explain what you think about the current state of the game. Below are few questions that I would suggest that you do answer. Don't forge to be specific with good and bad things. Do also stay on topic.
Are the game fun at this time?

How has the general progression of the game been for the last few years? Has the game progressed for the better or the worse and what has changed which had an major impact?

How do the general content roadmap look at this time?

What changes has been made to make the game better or worse the last 1-2 years?

What is good with the game?

What is bad with the game?

How is the game designed for new players and players that return from a long break?

How does a day playing the game look like in the different times of the month?

How much time are you spend being forced to farm the game?

How balanced is the game at this time?

Are the events fun and how has they been designed the last 6-12 months? Has the events been the same and how many different kinds of events are there in a month? Do the different events change and do you enjoy playing them?

How big problems do you have with bugs/glitches/lag when playing the game? Are there many bugs in the game and how do they affect the game?

Are there any hated features in the game that truly kills the game?

How do you feel that you as a customer is accepted by kixeye and how much do you feel that you can influence kixeye and there decisions?

Be aware that I do only know the general concept of the game and nothing more.

This is a series of threads by myself and Thane_Mantis.
Vega Conflict: Poll | Discussion
Battle Pirates: Poll | Discussion

<|=  0330 1323 1103 1211 0312 1201 1302 1203 0230 1220 0200  =|> 
 <|=  0302 0320 1310 1220 1211 0200 1313 1233 1302 1210 0230  =|> 
 <|=  0200 1211 0310 1303 0321 1301 1311 1221 1312 0312 1201  =|> 
 <|=  1230 1221 1211 0230 0320 0301 1232 1203 1211 0200 1221  =|> 
 <|=  1232 0200 1201 0302 0200 1210 0320 1221 1203 0232 1310  =|> 
 <|=  0232 1221 1233 1232 1201 1302 1321 0232 0232 0332 1331  =|> 
  • UltimaOfUltor
    UltimaOfUltor
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 210

@Axel L said:
    Hello fellow captains. I'm one of the most active forum members in the War Commander forums. However, I'm interesting to see the state of the game in Vega Conflict so I can compare it to War Commander because I has quit Vega Conflict a long time ago. I can say that War Commander is on a very slippery road at this time and it would be interesting to see if the progression of the other kixeye games are in the right or wrong direction for the customers.

I would like to get these questions answered in this thread about VC.

• Are the game fun at this time?
    • How has the general progression of the game been for the last few years? Has the game progressed for the better or the worse and what has changed which had an major impact?
    • How do the general content roadmap look at this time?
    • What changes has been made to make the game better or worse the last 1-2 years?
    • What is good with the game?
    • What is bad with the game?
    • How is the game designed for new players and players that return from a long break?
    • How does a day playing the game look like in the different times of the month?
    • How much time are you spend being forced to farm the game?
    • How balanced is the game at this time?
    • Are the events fun and how has they been designed the last 6-12 months? Has the events been the same and how many different kinds of events are there in a month? Do the different events change and do you enjoy playing them?
    • How big problems do you have with bugs/glitches/lag when playing the game? Are there many bugs in the game and how do they affect the game?
    • Are there any hated features in the game that truly kills the game?
    • How do you feel that you as a customer is accepted by kixeye and how much do you feel that you can influence kixeye and there decisions?

I may add few more questions in a later date but thanks a lot in advance.
    Be aware that I do only know the general concept of the game and nothing more.

Play this game for 5 min and u can see how the game progress.

• PeeInPoo
    PeeInPoo
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 322
    Are the game fun at this time?

This event is not that bad, but nothing special. 

How has the general progression of the game been for the last few years? Has the game progressed for the better or the worse and what has changed which had an major impact?Untill june-july the game was cool, then they began spam-releasing content, which got worse with xeno (new faction), and the xeno exclusive content. I think they havent released any tech that isn't for Xeno hulls, so people who didn't get in time into the xeno train were left behind, since they have none of the new OP equipment.How do the general content roadmap look at this time?
    They released a Work In Progress recently and it looks promising, a lof of new features, but we still have to see how everything is implemented

What changes has been made to make the game better or worse the last 1-2 years?
    As said before, content spam, powercreep, and faction exclusive tech. If at least they would let us equip non alien weapons in non xeno ship it would be a bit better, but they didn't make it so, so that.

What is good with the game?
    I like xeno faction, they have some cool stuff, it's posible to have fun in the game.

What is bad with the game?Copypaste: As said before, content spam, powercreep, and faction exclusive tech. If at least they would let us equip non alien weapons in non xeno ship it would be a bit better, but they didn't make it so, so that.How is the game designed for new players and players that return from a long break?They have it hard, bit im working in getting the punisher with a single fleet of 5 venoms and a rev cruiser so it's posible to catch up. Althought by grinding your way to the top.How does a day playing the game look like in the different times of the month?When there are monthly event i try to play as much as posible, but when there are none i jus log in to get res for the next upgrade/build/refit.How much time are you spend being forced to farm the game?
    Speaking of the devil, im farming right now to get the xeno cruiser, i have to log in every 2-3 hours for my when my fletes get repaired to kill a reaper fleet, get my base wrecked by reapers start repairing, log off, wait, repeat.
    Y remember in a riot of may 2016 i farmed my way to the zeal battleship with hitting 1500 fletes in about 10 hours to get it, so things got a little better.

How balanced is the game at this time?
    I Heard is posible to kill a tier 6 cruiser with a tier 5 battleship, but that's all, in all other aspects the new tech is OP.
    Are the events fun and how has they been designed the last 6-12 months? Has the events been the same and how many different kinds of events are there in a month? Do the different events change and do you enjoy playing them?
    They are fun if you don't need to grind. There are several events: Monthy event (to get a new hull), mobilization (to upgrade ships), Decimation (to get alien weaponary), catch-up event (self-explanatory) an planet strike (catch-up on easy mode).

How big problems do you have with bugs/glitches/lag when playing the game? Are there many bugs in the game and how do they affect the game?Sometimes it disconnects, making people to lose their fleets.Are there any hated features in the game that truly kills the game?Refit times, they want to reduce ship building times, but what adds time are the stuff you equip on those ships.How do you feel that you as a customer is accepted by kixeye and how much do you feel that you can influence kixeye and there decisions?
    I don't feel very accepted, but neither I care. I don't feel like i can influence kixeye at all. Just read this, more tan a hundred likes, but kixeye won't do sh*t: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/697787

PS: Sorry for the long post.
    Xeno and Plasma damage are a mistake.
  • haaaaker
    haaaaker
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 110

Axel L. Vega Coinflict is not doing that good. It is all made for the Coiners(paying users) now. The powercreep is imense as of now and has been for a while now. The noncoining users have no time to enjoy the content/ships they get from events. By the time they are done with building the fleet then the Next Tier/faction of items significantly stronger than the last is being released. And you tell me: it takes 5 days to build the strongest ships in the game. And it takes 15+ days to refit weapons to them... You tell me the logic in that, because i have none

• The Kiddie
    The Kiddie
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 140

Around one year ago, this game used to be reasonably well balanced. In what seemed to be an overnight decision, however, the game underwent what was dubbed "The Great Grand Rebalance". This was the beginning of a disastrous path for the players. Fleets that had previously taken months/years to create were rendered obsolete, and an unrelenting content spam ensued. Now, it is impossible to keep up with newly released content unless you are willing to spend hundreds (and I mean hundreds) of dollars a month. A very well constructed recent player analysis estimated that Kixeye have released 1 year and 181 days of build-time in the last 6 months, which would require an annual expenditure of $11,000 to keep up to date. Only mega-coiners can keep up. Everyone else must farm relentlessly to stay in touch, and even then there is an inevitable new release that supersedes all previous content, only to reinstigate the cycle all over again.

In my opinion, Kixeye has embarked on an aggressive strategy of monetisation which is specifically designed to take advantage of the hundreds of players that are addicted to Vega Conflict and who are willing to spend an annual salary to keep up rather than just letting go of what was once a great game.

I still play because I enjoy the community and the fun I have within my alliance, but in truth I can't keep much longer. Another "season" of content is about to be launched and I hadn't even finished the one from before.

• Worthington3
    Worthington3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 713
    Game is actually rather boring now unless you want to spend obscene amounts of money.

Mid-level and even some higher-level players are being starved out of things to do during an event. Now doing an event entails either A) hitting 1-2 fleets maybe twice a day with long repairs in between or B) grinding dozens of scarce targets for pitiful amounts of points.

And now they've started making things be drops instead of points - which will just be so much worse.

F U Preece, you're a G-ddamned MORON.
  • Eidola
    Eidola
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 353

Wow I finally agree with something kid zero said. XD

• EliteRanger
    EliteRanger
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 976

Kixeye's greed is what's wrong. It is so obvious. Cm Chris even said that "you will have to coin a little" to keep up. $1000/month is not a little. This faction of tech is done as of this month and next month month begins the next. WTF. All of the grinding and money is wasted because the faction will be bigger, faster and better all around. The Junes WIP looks promising but how many times have kixeye lied to us or changed the stats on tech or ships without saying amything.

Players have given kixeye good ideas but due to kixeye's arragence they won't listen. This game will continue until the lower and mid-level players and those like myself who only spend about $50-$100 per month quit. We will because we will realize that it's no point , we will never catch up. When we quit, whose left. Those 50 to 100 players that's crazy enough to spend $1000 plus per month.

• jm1978
    jm1978
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 706

Current state? Not good from my perspective. I have grinded nearly all the tech and mk upgrades I possibly could... I even got around to building and fitting some of it. I must echo what many have been saying already - It just isn't fun anymore. Non-stop events, tech that offers lower repair time only to be confronted with targets that deal obscene damage forcing long repairs... it's all just take, take, take from Kix. The new stuff is cool, but unless you want to fork over tons of cash, you'll never get a chance to use it...

Oh yeah, and tuning the events - fleet buffs point nerfs - awful idea. RI tech that is mostly worthless or so long to fit it's not worth the time. I could rant for days on how this went from my favorite game ever to something I log onto daily to bank and hit an event fleet and gone...in 5 minutes...bit what's the point? All this forum has proven is that Kix has been documented in hundreds of post as letting this community down. The new WIP looks promising, and I'm optimistic, but I feel like I will only end up fooled again with the typical Kix bait and switch...Doesn't matter anymore. The game is dead, everyone just doesn't realize it and keeps going like me - Zombie players logging in once/twice a day waiting for things to change for the better.

• STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920

2 words-

COIN

GRAB

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,654
    If you really want an unbiased opionion of the status of the game i suggest to create an account and chat in the different sectors with the players, that will give you a proper state of the game.
  • Bumbl3b33
    Bumbl3b33
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 79
    • Are the game fun at this time? Still fun but a bit less than it used to be cause we can't enjoy what we built, as soon as it's finished it,s obsolete and something else is required.

• How has the general progression of the game been for the last few
      years? Has the game progressed for the better or the worse and what has
      changed which had an major impact?

• How do the general content roadmap look at this time? Too fast content release

• What changes has been made to make the game better or worse the last 1-2 years? Kix have made a lot of change in the last 2 year and as usual some are greatand some not.

• What is good with the game? Coop play, multiple target in an event

• What is bad with the game? powercreep. release content pace, the fact that the alliance should be rework to allow player in the same alliance to share something else than the help button (ex. share resources, share ship, creafting stuff or titems).

• How is the game designed for new players and players that return from a long break? Should ask one of them

• How does a day playing the game look like in the different times of the month? Depends on your style. but now farming is for event only, I don't have time to farm supply run to mark previous content and honestly I can't see a reason why I should cause these are obsolete tech.

• How much time are you spend being forced to farm the game? if you put the list of event on a calendar, you will see that there is about 4-5 days ina month without an event. this is too much and it is related to the pace Kix introduice new tech.

• How balanced is the game at this time? Xeno tech suprimacy period.

• Are the events fun and how has they been designed the last 6-12
      months? Has the events been the same and how many different kinds of
      events are there in a month? Do the different events change and do you
      enjoy playing them? Kix have introduiced new target type in event and there is a lot of different targets. That is awesome because I can hit a few one then move to another type and so on so an event become less boring hitting the same target over and over again. The only thing that is a bit disapointing is the fact that Kix have introduiced coop play with large hives target and harvester but since that no more coop target. That was fun and it would have been gret to keep on going specially with the new alien base

• How big problems do you have with bugs/glitches/lag when playing
      the game? Are there many bugs in the game and how do they affect the
      game? VC is a pretty stable SW, there is a few bug sometime but nothing to be worry about.

• Are there any hated features in the game that truly kills the game? For me the most hated one is time. The pace of introduicing new tech have to be balanced with the time it's required to build them. As an example, Kix release a new ship every month but if you don't coin, it takes almost two week to build hull which mean 2 hulls when the new hull is released again. And if a new interesting weapon is release than ...

• How do you feel that you as a customer is accepted by kixeye and
      how much do you feel that you can influence kixeye and there decisions? It looks that kixeye is trying to change some basic concept in VC. Because humans always some challenge with change it's create some conflict between kix and players.

• The Kiddie
    The Kiddie
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 140

@Andrea Nard1 said:
    If you really want an unbiased opionion of the status of the game i suggest to create an account and chat in the different sectors with the players, that will give you a proper state of the game.

Or he could just ask in the game's forum, where there is no limit on characters used and the people there actually play the game...

Your incessant inanity and contempt for other forum users is wearisome, Nard.

• Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 10 Jun 2017, 1:41PM

@Andrea Nard1 said:

Or he could just ask in the game's forum, where there is no limit on characters used and the people there actually play the game...

Your incessant inanity and contempt for other forum users is wearisome, Nard.

Is not contempt, I am just stating what is obvious, there are 100 active posters on the forums, many players do not even read the forums, therefore if this gentleman is looking for comments, he might consider to talk with the players in the game. 
    I think is easier to find players that play the game, in the game chat, than on the forum. It seems your are having contempt for the players that are not posting here, which is quite common since most of the forums user consider themselves "the community" and represent "the community".
    Are you afraid that he could hear a different opinion, other than yours?In the game chat he can talk with noobs, low and middle players, which most of the times are not posting here.
    Anyway that is my 2 cents, I am not going to enter in an argument just because I suggested a different way to get the information. 
    I know dozen of players that are not posting on the forums just because of comments like yours...
    And my apology if I do not have cursed or used profanity or I do not have insulted Paul Pierce, the CM, the MODs and Kixeye. 
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord

Bumbl3b33 said:

• Are the game fun at this time? Still fun but a bit less than it used to be cause we can't enjoy what we built, as soon as it's finished it,s obsolete and something else is required.

• How has the general progression of the game been for the last few

years? Has the game progressed for the better or the worse and what has

changed which had an major impact?

• How do the general content roadmap look at this time? Too fast content release

• What changes has been made to make the game better or worse the last 1-2 years? Kix have made a lot of change in the last 2 year and as usual some are greatand some not.

• What is good with the game? Coop play, multiple target in an event

• What is bad with the game? powercreep. release content pace, the fact that the alliance should be rework to allow player in the same alliance to share something else than the help button (ex. share resources, share ship, creafting stuff or titems).

• How is the game designed for new players and players that return from a long break? Should ask one of them

• How does a day playing the game look like in the different times of the month? Depends on your style. but now farming is for event only, I don't have time to farm supply run to mark previous content and honestly I can't see a reason why I should cause these are obsolete tech.

• How much time are you spend being forced to farm the game? if you put the list of event on a calendar, you will see that there is about 4-5 days ina month without an event. this is too much and it is related to the pace Kix introduice new tech.

• How balanced is the game at this time? Xeno tech suprimacy period.

• Are the events fun and how has they been designed the last 6-12

months? Has the events been the same and how many different kinds of

events are there in a month? Do the different events change and do you

enjoy playing them? Kix have introduiced new target type in event and there is a lot of different targets. That is awesome because I can hit a few one then move to another type and so on so an event become less boring hitting the same target over and over again. The only thing that is a bit disapointing is the fact that Kix have introduiced coop play with large hives target and harvester but since that no more coop target. That was fun and it would have been gret to keep on going specially with the new alien base

• How big problems do you have with bugs/glitches/lag when playing

the game? Are there many bugs in the game and how do they affect the

game? VC is a pretty stable SW, there is a few bug sometime but nothing to be worry about.

• Are there any hated features in the game that truly kills the game? For me the most hated one is time. The pace of introduicing new tech have to be balanced with the time it's required to build them. As an example, Kix release a new ship every month but if you don't coin, it takes almost two week to build hull which mean 2 hulls when the new hull is released again. And if a new interesting weapon is release than ...

• How do you feel that you as a customer is accepted by kixeye and

how much do you feel that you can influence kixeye and there decisions? It looks that kixeye is trying to change some basic concept in VC. Because humans always some challenge with change it's create some conflict between kix and players.

I would agree with 90% of what it is stated.
    The main issue is the pace of releasing new content, however Kixeye stated that such is their business strategy... It could be their strategy but the pacing is still too fast
  • Baculum
    Baculum
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 125

I still find the events and raiding with my allies fun but most other areas of the game have problems.

1: Too much content coming out in too little time. Having the frequent events offsets this somewhat because you'll never have to wait like 6 months to a year for something to come back around like it was in the old days. But still for those that stop playing for a month or two, yeah they're gonna find themselves pretty far behind.

2: The balance is pretty bad for fvf these days. At least the recent changes in gating and XP levels have made this somewhat more manageable. But it still favors coiners too much. (and I say this as someone who's coined quite a bit)

3: The devs aren't listening to the players enough. New features like the co-op targets and alien bases to attack are welcome but still the two most basic things that they could do to show appreciation for their players haven't happened.... and at this point I think likely wont ever happen. Say it with me now, we need a REFIT BAY and a CONFIRM button for coin expenditures over 100 coins.

Fix that and you'll go a long way to restoring the faith of the community. You listened to us in the past about not nerfing the storm turret or the skirmish armor and that kept me from rage quitting then and there.

• BabyGroot
    BabyGroot
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 410

This game is battle pirates in space that sums it up pretty much