Faction Alignment WTF is that all about

SiddyLiL
SiddyLiL
Strike-force Captain
Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 687
edited 10 May 2017, 9:48PM
So we get a new skin on our CC big whoop....
also get a stupid picture over our base and platoons whoop'd'fking doooo
5 days to get your faction on the first try with very close to zero info? Well played...
This is stupid if the **** thing has zero benefits why even bother switching over or maybe it has some pros and cons but no one knows about it make the first switch free so we can get to understand what the hell is going on.  
  • Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,286
    I like it, its a work in progress still though.
  • tareksyria666
    tareksyria666
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 77
    Your selection grants you a Custom Faction Command Center, Faction Identification on the Leaderboards and Sector Map, and a growing selection of other benefits. 

but no one know what is this /growing selection of other benefits/ searched about it since 1 hour and nothing 
  • Delphinus
    Delphinus
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,286
    You can assume it will be combat bonuses, somthing like 10% more hp or damage or somthing.
  • michele.salzberg
    michele.salzberg
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 65
    Is loosing your clan tag a benefit ?
  • WrongThinker
    WrongThinker
    BP Game Team
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,712
    You've actually hit the nail on the head: Faction Alignment isn't for everyone.  It's an optional, free feature designed to add a little more flavor and fun to the game.  Eventually, there will be more benefits associated with it, but it will never be required.

As a bonus, by going to the Faction screen, you can get a clear list of what units belong to each Faction (even without joining those Factions).

Keep in mind even though it takes 5 days, it is otherwise free (it doesn't even use the dozer).  So if you switch Factions and don't like it, you can switch back (or to a different Faction) without penalty. :)
    Game Design Ninja
    KIXEYE
  • SiddyLiL
    SiddyLiL
    Strike-force Captain
    Do you remember the other ideas kixeye had i.e. the merc camp, thor mine thing like that worry me the players need a chance to test them not be asked for coin or 5 days for a faction to be set. the best game tester is kixeye's own players why not use us?  
  • SiddyLiL
    SiddyLiL
    Strike-force Captain
    1 day 2 days let the players check them out for no cost we can then start to work things out. I don't like this jump in at the deep end stuff both sides have nothing to gain from the way its setup right now

• SiddyLiL
    SiddyLiL
    Strike-force Captain

You've actually hit the nail on the head: Faction Alignment isn't for everyone.  It's an optional, free feature designed to add a little more flavor and fun to the game.  Eventually, there will be more benefits associated with it, but it will never be required.

As a bonus, by going to the Faction screen, you can get a clear list of what units belong to each Faction (even without joining those Factions).

Keep in mind even though it takes 5 days, it is otherwise free (it doesn't even use the dozer).  So if you switch Factions and don't like it, you can switch back (or to a different Faction) without penalty. :)

There is no such thing as free cost, 5 days is 5 days no matter how you look at it bro. anything at this stage would of been better then nothing. I was looking forward to this I really was but now I am just lost and it will take a total of 15 days to see where or if this will be of any use to me.  
  • SectorFoe
    SectorFoe
    Greenhorn
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 14
    During the change to a different faction, command center does not work or jump during the 5 day grace period?  And if it is free, why pay 216 coins for instant?
  • John Rodis
    John Rodis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 39

Choosing a side should be instant, at least the first time we do it. There is no point waiting 5 days for it, or paying ~20€ which is exaggerated.
  • Whiskey-Tango3
    Whiskey-Tango3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 777

how about fixing all the other negatives before you try to keep the game fresh? if you want to make the game fresh how about fixing all the problems? that would definitely be refreshingly fresh
  • wcp_hani
    wcp_hani
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,176
    It would not suprise me that the new faction CC has caused this major issue with no one being able to get in the game now
  • kixeyeuser_1358304092839_15986_895575867
    kixeyeuser_1358304092839_15986_895575867
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 88
    It would be nice to know what benefits each faction grants beforehand.  This has been talked about for weeks yet the information is still fairly limited. 
  • Wicked_Tech
    Wicked_Tech
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 484

Thought u were going to have a preview open to test this all out first
  • kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    kixeyeuser_150897889_9106_2342921
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 755
    Like my momma used to say, "some folks would complain if they were hung with a new rope."

If you don't like it, don't use it.  Sheesh
  • NieR01
    NieR01
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 4,347

@SiddyLiL said:
    also get a stupid picture over our base and platoons whoop'd'**** doooo
    5 days to get your faction on the first try with very close to zero info? Well played...
    This is stupid if the **** thing has zero benefits why even bother switching over or maybe it has some pros and cons but no one knows about it make the first switch free so we can get to understand what the hell is going on.  

If it wasn't a big deal, why cry about it?

Image result for nier replicant

• WrongThinker
    WrongThinker
    BP Game Team
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 1,712

SectorFoe said:

During the change to a different faction, command center does not work or jump during the 5 day grace period?  And if it is free, why pay 216 coins for instant?

To your first question: your Command Center is NOT blocked during that 5-day period (so you can still relocate, swap turrets, etc.).

To your second question: the 5-day time (and optional Gold speed up) exists because we do want there to be some investment in your choice.  Though you can switch as much as you want for free so long as you're willing to wait the 5-days, we didn't want people to be able to instantly switch for free.  By having this bit of friction, the decision to be a part of a Faction does require some commitment.

We were.  It turned out that the stability testing we wanted to perform (based primarily around player load) would not have actually been sufficiently testable through our preview servers.  While we have good confidence in the feature's stability overall and releasing it allows us to confirm functionality under load and also gets it in everyone's hands (I think viewing what units belong to which Faction is especially useful).
    Game Design Ninja
    KIXEYE
  • Hubert Muncy
    Hubert Muncy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 95

SectorFoe said:

To your first question: your Command Center is NOT blocked during that 5-day period (so you can still relocate, swap turrets, etc.).

To your second question: the 5-day time (and optional Gold speed up) exists because we do want there to be some investment in your choice.  Though you can switch as much as you want for free so long as you're willing to wait the 5-days, we didn't want people to be able to instantly switch for free.  By having this bit of friction, the decision to be a part of a Faction does require some commitment.

We were.  It turned out that the stability testing we wanted to perform (based primarily around player load) would not have actually been sufficiently testable through our preview servers.  While we have good confidence in the feature's stability overall and releasing it allows us to confirm functionality under load and also gets it in everyone's hands (I think viewing what units belong to which Faction is especially useful).

No one has said what the Features Are yet,, it would be nice to know what I am waiting 5 days for. 
  • deadbeats
    deadbeats
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 244

SectorFoe said:

No one has said what the Features Are yet,, it would be nice to know what I am waiting 5 days for. 

its been posted in many diff posts now at the moment its only a visual. has no effect on your game play or units rite now although in the future it will have some effect on your units 
  • Grinder73
    Grinder73
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 568

To your second question: the 5-day time (and optional Gold speed up) exists because we do want there to be some investment in your choice.  Though you can switch as much as you want for free so long as you're willing to wait the 5-days, we didn't want people to be able to instantly switch for free.  By having this bit of friction, the decision to be a part of a Faction does require some commitment

So please tell me if this sounds about right.  Sometime before an event, but you can almost guarantee less than 5 days it would take to change factions, you will let the community know what faction is needed or will have the most boost to defeat the faction we are fighting in the event.  Since it takes 5 days to change your faction this will FORCE people to coin in order to have the "best" chance in the event.    
    When the rich wage war, it is the poor who die. - Jean-Paul Sartre
  • LickMyBoots
    LickMyBoots
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 1,972
    edited 11 May 2017, 1:04AM
    Grinder I think you hit the nail square on the head...when they do maint for event they will announce that IF you chose the correct faction..you'd get a certain bonus for this event...possibly..LOL sure as hell Kixeye will be charging and try hard to milk those cash cows.

.....and then it likely will not even work..;)
    mmmmmmm ok
  • VictorErik
    VictorErik
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 92
    I agree, WTF lol
  • patrick.beson.52
    patrick.beson.52
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 2
    I still haven't seen anything to fully explain what this is, what is for, what it benefits, how it works, and on and on.. is there a detail explanation of the scope and logistics for factions?  
  • IronHand54
    IronHand54
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 224
    TRUTH!!! it's useless for us to say what we think Kixeye does as it pleases
  • Gangof1
    Gangof1
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 207

SiddyLiL said:

also get a stupid picture over our base and platoons whoop'd'fking doooo

BS, thats what.  good  post
  • Hubert Muncy
    Hubert Muncy
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 95
     Eventually you will gain additional power when Aligning with a Faction.  Right now, you gain a custom CC specific to your chosen Faction and also a Faction Icon that will show up in various locations (e.g. the Leaderboard, above your base, etc.).  Additional visual improvements are also planned.  ..........................Then Why in the Blue Blazes you adding it when it does nothing .
  • NSD_Mad-Hatter_8
    NSD_Mad-Hatter_8
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 886
    edited 11 May 2017, 6:16AM

What gives seriously in our archives or post before the upcoming weeks to
    launching the new "Fraction Alignment" was comment and post stated that 
    we would have "Fraction Alignment" automatic. So why do we have to wait
    for it I would totally understand if we selected one then had to wait to be
    able to change it. "Fractions within our fingertips...." not really should be
    as stated automatic without a wait period unless wanting to switch from
    our current fraction...
  • Ratzzz
    Ratzzz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 239
    All it has done for me is get me stuck on "Finding Sector" page. Doesn't **** matter what benefits there are, if you can't load you can't **** play lol
  • Chronicles00
    Chronicles00
    Greenhorn
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 10

my game is stuck in loading sector right now from this update and i need to get off real fricking soon to jump my account from enemy sector before my bubble pops and im not online