Range Arcs

• Anastasisk
    Anastasisk
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 373

So.... Yeah good job everyone. We solved all our major problems to search for a solution to a matter that isnt even a problem for most of the players lol

• Time Manager
    Time Manager
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 152

Aliens have been this way since the beginning. I play mobile, so I'm already used to only seeing my ships' range arcs. I agree that seeing their range arcs would not help me much. Up through now, players have done a great job guesstimating these ranges. Why else can a fleet of only battleships kill solo 55 hives while sitting outside of their firing range without being able to see it?

I don't think this is kix being lazy or rolling back the game state...I think it just fits the theme of "unknown" targets.

• Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443
    Ok, #1 can we stop trolling this thread with arguments that have literally nothing to do with the OP?!

#2 Yes, they (WERE) unknown targets...but now they're not so unknown. We know they're aliens, we know they come through wormholes....heck, we even know how to make their weapons.

The fact that we have Xeno tech but the ships still can't figure out how to unjam the signal is ridiculous. That narrative is tired. It's old and dying.
    They need something new. Not just bigger, badder, stronger ships. Something that actually makes this T6 season a bit more interesting.

Or at least tell the development team to learn from this season that the storyline for the "Unknown forces" was pretty vanilla and bland and to hopefully get at least a little bit of a storyline @CM Chris.

TBH the storyline for the past season with General **** and Keres has resembles the argument between @Andrea Nard1 and @billybifocals in this thread...literally nothing to do with the aliens.
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • horst.horstmann.7543
    horst.horstmann.7543
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 206
    Constructive: See the other thread about about the upcoming alien base hits, then it will really be important.

Probably not so constructive: Whenever Kix as us "why?" lately it more seems to be "give us more information so that we find a reason for why not". 
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 2,399

@billybifocals said:

@Andrea Nard1 said:
    billybifocals said:

@Andrea Nard1 said:

billybifocals said:

@pitabread said:

Andrea Nard1 said:

trollcoaster said:

CM Chris said:

I would enjoy some tech that overcame the Radar jammer, as well, if only just because I'm used to seeing my ship ranges in combat. It occurs to me, though, that the nature of Alien combat is that having that information doesn't really help thaaaaat much. Hives and Boss Targets outrange you, no matter what. Reapers move so fast that you can't kite them.

Can you help me better understand - from a player perspective - the substantive benefit of having those firing ranges in play in Alien targets? It'll help me when giving feedback to the team.

Thanks for responding.

But come on honestly we need to give you guys a reason to re-add a feature that was removed?

You guys are really embarrassing yourselves.

I think you are embarrassing yourself, refusing to engage in a discussion to prove your point is a sign of ignorance. You got a reply asking for the reason why we think is better and you just post this kind of reply.

Hey look, it's Andrea Tard1, captain of Kixeye's shill brigade.

Oh, didn't you know Andrea Tard1 is the voice of all players? Lol, if shes not saying her piece in every thread on the forums shes marking someones comment as abuse or disliking it, because there's nothing better to do in life.

Would be interesting to know why you do not like to have the firing arcs...

Would be interesting to know what makes you believe I dont want firing arcs? Pretty sure I've never said that anywhere...

Doesn't bother me anyway because I dont even waste my time hitting alien fleets for guaranteed damage, its idiotic.

You said it, you disliked my post asking for those... that why I asked you... and you just confirmed that you are disliking posts not on the content basis but on the poster... cool! you just made a fool of yourself

What are you even talking about? When did I say I was disliking posts not based on the content? You're the one insinuating that, not me.

I dislike a post if I dont agree with it, not because ive got the mental capacity of a child and i cant act like a human being in this forum. You on the otherhand clearly take tremendous joy in trolling, baiting, being sarcastic and seeing people in misery.

This guy is the reason why I now have jailbars people, I'm not allowed to dislike any posts or have any kind of opinion of my own. I'll just go kill myself, its ok.

Bye billy

-Git Gud 
  • sdrawkcaBssA
    sdrawkcaBssA
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 101

bSting said:

Once upon a time we were able to see range arcs in battle.
    It has been months since aliens came out, and we are still unable to see our range arcs. 

If it hasn't been said already i would bet its coming as a special....
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@Wingman646 said:
    Ok, #1 can we stop trolling this thread with arguments that have literally nothing to do with the OP?!

2 Yes, they (WERE) unknown targets...but now they're not so unknown. We know they're aliens, we know they come through wormholes....heck, we even know how to make their weapons.

The fact that we have Xeno tech but the ships still can't figure out how to unjam the signal is ridiculous. That narrative is tired. It's old and dying.
    They need something new. Not just bigger, badder, stronger ships. Something that actually makes this T6 season a bit more interesting.

Or at least tell the development team to learn from this season that the storyline for the "Unknown forces" was pretty vanilla and bland and to hopefully get at least a little bit of a storyline @CM Chris.

TBH the storyline for the past season with General **** and Keres has resembles the argument between @Andrea Nard1 and @billybifocals in this thread...literally nothing to do with the aliens.

Maybe the season just needs to plaY out. Think of it like a TV show, we just need the season finale. Which had better be EPIC kixeye.

Who remembers @subjectobanning or blinky whatever his name was. Now that was a troll worthy of fighting. That one took weeks to get rid of, but after many tedious brawls and gallons of bloodshed, LXC banned his sorry **** to the dark side of the moon

A handful of us like the game, a handful of us only play the game because we like the social aspect, a handful of us are farmers (feggits) but we all have something in common.

We all play this **** game. No matter how much kixeye breaks it. We come back everyday. We come back and click repair, we come back and hit a crafting fleet, we come back and click repair again. We come back to talk to our friends, we come back to kill some ****.

This game needs coiners and you criticize them for doing it. This game needs work, and we give them **** for doing it too slowly and then when they do finally make the changes we give them **** for that too.

How about we go a month without **** about everything and see what happens. Save it for the events. Complain about realtime problems during the events and stop bickering over nonsense. Have a personal problem, find a war game you can kill each other in.... oh... right...

I used to be on these forums all day everyday. There were constructive things said. Good strategies posted. All sorts of useful information, good luck finding it but it was there, it was here. Now it's a snow balls chance in hell to find anything useful on here. Other than semi-entertaining squabbles and banter among noobs that think they know.

But what's the point now?

-Git Gud 
  • Makpoc
    Makpoc
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 76
    @Revann thank you for this! Well said!
  • Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443
    @Revann the point of the forums is to provide constructive opinions and criticism. I'm sure there didn't used to be so many bugs and exploitative programming back when you were more active in the forums. 

If everyone stopped explaining to the devs/CMs what we like/don't, they are just gonna go all **** nilly. Maybe it's not helping, but that's the beauty of public forums. At least people get a chance to get some things off their chest and see if they are alone in their frustrations or if there is a larger player base that empathizes with the same issues.

Saying nothing is more pointless than the inverse. Some of the programming that we address in these forums is literally as easy as removing a couple lines of code that blocks range arcs or prevents stasis or whatever.

Each update contains a myriad of changes and fixes....MANY of which come from the player base pointing out bugs and errors and exploits. You might as well just give up on the game altogether if you stop caring what becomes of it at this point.
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • Revann
    Revann
    Master Tactician

@Wingman646 said:
    @Revann the point of the forums is to provide constructive opinions and criticism. I'm sure there didn't used to be so many bugs and exploitative programming back when you were more active in the forums. 

If everyone stopped explaining to the devs/CMs what we like/don't, they are just gonna go all **** nilly. Maybe it's not helping, but that's the beauty of public forums. At least people get a chance to get some things off their chest and see if they are alone in their frustrations or if there is a larger player base that empathizes with the same issues.

Saying nothing is more pointless than the inverse. Some of the programming that we address in these forums is literally as easy as removing a couple lines of code that blocks range arcs or prevents stasis or whatever.

Each update contains a myriad of changes and fixes....MANY of which come from the player base pointing out bugs and errors and exploits. You might as well just give up on the game altogether if you stop caring what becomes of it at this point.

Ha ha ha, I stopped reading after the first paragraph. There of been exploitable things and overpowered ships and glitches and bugs since the very beginning. Some of the bugs that were finally just addresses in this update, Have been around for over a year.

As I said in my post and there are those Noobs that think they know, and if you don't know me by name on these forums, then my friend, you're a Noob that doesn't know

-Git Gud 
  • RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    I don't get the problem.  I know the ranges of my carriers.  I know the ranges of my battleships.  I know the swarms on the hives.   I have that down.  So killing Hives is childs play.  

As Chris said the Barrage Targets are so long range that it's unavoidable to be hit by them so you need faster or tankier ships to take them on.  And the Reapers are crazy fast...   so you need ships with good firing arcs to take them on.   

Knowing the Ranges is information that doesn't help you against the aliens anyway.  

I hate being on the same side of an argument as Andrea,  but yeah...  Um...  He's kinda right this time. 
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • bSting
    bSting
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 63
    If someone thinks the game can be broken indefinitely and we will keep coming back, I have to disagree.
    Disaster often comes after a sense of invincibility has taken root. Just saying.

• RavenDrakar
    RavenDrakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 1,259
    Being a non coiner who has played for over 4 years I'm beginning to wonder which group really thinks it's invincible.
    Death flies on the wings of the Blackbird of Hell.
  • bSting
    bSting
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 63
    LOL. There's a poll for whether one would recommend this game. From the looks of it, you should go vote there, your gaming company of choice needs you.