Yes we do need a base buff, except one building

RemoceUnstableReacter
RemoceUnstableReacter
Skilled Warrior
Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 481

Seriousely kixeye, why increase health of the ship factory. Do you even play this game? Unless if you decide to keep lv11 ship factory base repair at 1 hour, 6000 hit points is pain in ****.

• Archo_X
    Archo_X
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 372
    Time to remove all armor and shields from ship factory...  in fact, I'm looking into rebuilding mine using mostly straw and sticks.  (get it?  a reference to the three little pigs... because the wolf was able to blow those houses over... and with repair time linked to health it seems a really weak factory would be best.  Ok, it's not funny, but I tried.)
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 2,066

Just needs to carry on production while damaged and it will be ok. If not everyone just adds squadrons and removes all shields and armour as normal.

The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever

• jskelton063
    jskelton063
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 356
    experienced players will just empty shield and armor slots.
  • RemoceUnstableReacter
    RemoceUnstableReacter
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 481

@kuzi1572 said:
    experienced players will just empty shield and armor slots.

They add more base hit points->>>base repair!

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,793
    My factory has never had shield or armor, for obvious reasons.

Your 'enhancement' is about as useful to me as the recent announcement that the local bus service, that I never use, will be introducing larger buses in the future.

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• No..Beard
    No..Beard
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jun 2010 Posts: 3,793
    The only way to make this useful would be to allow the factory to continue construction unless fully destroyed.

A fair and logical compromise would be to link the construction rate to the % damage.

i.e.
    • A factory with 0% damage constructs at 100% of 'normal' rate
    • A factory with 10% damage constructs at 90% of 'normal' rate
    • A factory with 33% damage constructs at 67% of 'normal' rate
    • A factory with 75% damage constructs at 25% of 'normal' rate
    • A factory with 100% damage constructs at 0% of 'normal' rate (i.e.paused completely)

BP ID: 1038         WC ID: 1476        VC ID: 18589     Tome ID: 3698   

• Sonidojoo
    Sonidojoo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 2,713

No..Beard said:

The only way to make this useful would be to allow the factory to continue construction unless fully destroyed.

A fair and logical compromise would be to link the construction rate to the % damage.

i.e.
    • A factory with 0% damage constructs at 100% of 'normal' rate
    • A factory with 10% damage constructs at 90% of 'normal' rate
    • A factory with 33% damage constructs at 67% of 'normal' rate
    • A factory with 75% damage constructs at 25% of 'normal' rate
    • A factory with 100% damage constructs at 0% of 'normal' rate (i.e.paused completely)

should be always 100%
  • GLaD0S
    GLaD0S
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2017 Posts: 228
    In my opinion ALL modules should carry on their duties when damaged.  However, refits and upgrades should be paused until the module at least reaches 50% HP. 
    It's time. Good bye all.   And have a wonderful life.
  • Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443

Sonidojoo said:

should be always 100%

I completely agree. ESPECIALLY with the length of time these builds/refits take. 

What's worse (and people haven't seemed to bring THIS point up yet) is that if you're based and destroyed, sometimes your base doesn't even START repairing until you log back on hours later and tell your base to initiate repairs.

That's happened to me multiple times. When I look at the replay from the basing it was multiple hours before and yet the base repair only started after I logged back in after a healthy night's rest...

Thanks Kixeye for the extra 8 hours (+ repair time) on my ship build/refit time because apparently my base is run by invalids who don't know what to do about damaged buildings until I give the magic order. That feature is friggin BS.
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • savo666
    savo666
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 274

Meh... once upon a time if your ship bay was damaged you wouldn't be able to repair your fleet or launch one until fb was repaired... and dirty players were doing just that, damage factory, bay and labs to halt players progress...

• Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

@savo666 said:
    Meh... once upon a time if your ship bay was damaged you wouldn't be able to repair your fleet or launch one until fb was repaired... and dirty players were doing just that, damage factory, bay and labs to halt players progress...

Paper base, need more paper

• Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior

savo666 said:

Meh, once upon a time Kixeye realized how broken their game was and fixed it.

They can do it again.
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 2,066
    I would rather see construction resume after the structure gets to 10% from fully destroyed. Keeps some penalty in there for frubbling
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever

• Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 3 May 2017, 7:49PM

I would rather see construction resume after the structure gets to 10% from fully destroyed. Keeps some penalty in there for frubbling

TBH I've never seen a frubble that destroyed all the research and build facilities...that's counterproductive. They pretty much always move out the bridge, fleet bay, mining modules and whatever facilities that are no longer doing anything because all research is completed on them to get the 2* bubble.

Yeah, it's not the 24 hr bubble, but they still get to hide under a bubble and keep their build times going.

There should be a different penalty for frubbling. Don't hurt the rest of the player base because a select few cowards use frubbling to protect their medal banks...
  • Pekkali
    Pekkali
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 52
    If ship construction went on while ship factory is damaged no one would have any incentive to coin repairs for it. Where is Kixeye business case for changing it?
  • Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior

Pekkali said:

If ship construction went on while ship factory is damaged no one would have any incentive to coin repairs for it. Where is Kixeye business case for changing it?

A pissed off player base that starts saying "No, thank you."