• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    edited 10 Apr 2017, 9:52PM
    bort said:
    bort said:
    bort said:
    main point that gets me is all the recent raid fleets that we are now supposed to use for chores have way to long repair, kix may think that during a raid the 1/2 repair makes long ship repair acceptable but not in the real game setting with full time repair, make a simple mistake in a target and bang 20+ hours of repair, no game should have that sort of toy down time or coin repair cost
    outside of a raid or tlc, which fleet is costing you a 20 hour repair? which mistake are you making costing you that much?

i must be playing a different game because I can't think of any of mine that could do close to that.
    Cannoneers for me are an 18 hour repair if I screw up in a TLC (or get lazy and forget to leave hot).  I know you said outside a TLC... concerned about the trend continuing with the new hulls.  

When repairs went over 24 hours (old reaver style ships) it was the breaking point for some.  I personally never built any of them...too costly for my taste.

The game seems to be heading back in that direction.  Apollos and HW had reasonable repairs IMO (<2 hrs per ship). Tides, Ironclads, Cannoneers, Zelos...some have repair times above 5 hours just for an individual hull...but ~4 hours seems typical.  I think overnight repair is reasonable (8-10 hrs)
    i'd view it more in context of your previous comment.

If targets are not so binary - ie make a mistake / crash and you have a ton of repairs, or run it perfectly and you have zero repairs, then I 100% want longer repair times.

why?

assume raids are planned / tweaked around a certain amount of repairs. (which they are)

If you have raid targets with 'reasonable damage' for even good drving, when repair times are short, you need to be glued to your chair a lot more - you need to log in regularly to make sure you hit targets and your ships are repairing.

if repair times are longer, you can hit a bunch of targets, then click repair and go off to work / sleep while your ships repair. Come back on and you have not lost much in available repair time.

This is especially true for a tank/dps type combo - you need that tank to have a long repair, otherwise the balance will be out. Even with those old reaver ships, they were generally only used in a super costly manner in PvP rather than PvE. I only used my hellstrikes as a tank for a couple particular targets for example. and they could do multiple targets before repairs.

The old days you had to be glued to your chair grinding it out. These days, you largely don't. Most raids i'm running at around 10 hours seat time for a 6 day raid, and potentially less for a 4 day raid. In the old days with short repair times, I still remember doing 8 hour days ... which i'd never do again.
    Then you are missing a few points. A monolith with no armor is a 2 hour 16 minute repair. A punisher with all D5M armor (FM tank) is a 2 hour 57m repair. You can argue that those ships are on different tiers so I will use a citadel to compare it to the punisher tank. The citadel is a 2 hour 30m repair. The monolith and citadel are not tanking hulls. They can't take the damage, yet their base repair is up there. glass cannons should not have near the same repair times as a tank.

Now on to the whole seat time thing. Depending on the target you hit, your seat time can vary. I rather have the option. Do I want to play or go do something else. If I choose to actually play the game, I want reduced repairs. For that, I target the lower tier targets. If I want points quick, then I hit the higher tier targets. But if you make a mistake or the legion comes in to early, your glass cannons are going to have you down for a long time.

And here is a bad part about tanks, they aren't designed to do damage. So if your glass cannons are killed via priority targeting or legion adds, your tank needs to retreat. Simple enough until you have a super fast zoe rhino that keeps following you. I had this happen in the preview server. The legion ships came in within 30 seconds of the engagements and quickly killed the monoliths. The tank had to take repeated strikes as it single weapon tried to kill the zoe rhino. It isn't a good outcome. As a non-coiner, you should be more for less damage. If you get the points you want done quickly, you can either play for fun or call it a day.

Tier 6 targets are for those that want to coin their way through the raid, prep for others, or just want to have something to repair over night. Tier 5 should be reasonable damage for points payout. If you want a 10-15 minute repair, then maybe tier 4. If you want to play until you have to go to bed, then tier 3 targets. If you want to be confused and complain about everything because you can't do the raid, then tier 1 or 2 targets (just wanted to point out that there is nothing for the real low level players).

The damage curve is increasing and the repair time curve is matching that damage increase. I should be able to design my ships for reduced repair times (less armor) or for more durability (more armor). With the trend, it seems that I need to go the more armor route in order to reduce my repair times (extra deflection). This causes an increase in build time. I was able to build effective rhinos for about a 7 day build time. They were glass cannons. 4 Monoliths will cost me over 12 days of build time and 9 hours of repair time if they are sunk (4 monoliths only). 5 unarmored prides are just 2.5 hours.

Kixeye has caused a separation of PvP and PvE which is reasonable. But the build time and repair time separations are one sided. The PvE side is vital to progression and there is more of a penalty to those hulls. The PvP side is just for fun that hinders those that can't be bothered with base hitting because they are still trying to progress on the PvE side with longer build and repair times. Medals aren't important. People dump them. FM/Raid points are important. This swing to PvP does not help the game overall. With the PvE and PvP split, the build and damage times split to. That is the root issue in my belief of where the game went in a wrong direction. There are areas that the game went in a right direction but this post is already long enough.
    no, i'm not missing any of those points.

dont let your mono's get hit if you're building them as glass cannons. Have a second tank at the back if you need to and there is literally no path to take that can protect them. There is your entire problem solved. All part of the game working out the best way to use your ships and the best combination. If you're a non coiner you need to work out those things faster. If priority targeting is an issue, work out how to solve it. It will be the same for everyone. And there will be vids on how to get around it out very early in the raid. Maybe your glass cannon strategy is wrong in the first place?

the lower tier targets generally should do less damage. and generally have in the past. I dont see that changing. what makes you think it will?

last raid you could literally do for zero damage. zero. it doesn't get any smaller. Make a mistake and zombie them. It did not matter. I find it hard to follow people talking about all this increased damage. Its hard to get a lot smaller than zero. What's going to happen in this raid coming up where you have to take damage - there is no zero damage option. As it should be. Man the whining is going to be off the charts.

I'm sure, as a non coiner, my raid will be perfectly fine with what I have built. 

Don't mix up pvp and pve. PvE will always be balanced to a certain level of damage for an event. (i'm still confused as to why we've had so many events for zero damage .. but it is what it is. .... and people still complained ... seriously ... wtf).

PvP repairs were out of control and fixing that is the exact direction they should have gone in - and did.

Big Picture view:

Can i do everything I need to do to get top prizes with no coins, and little seat time? Yes
    Am I spending less seat time in raids etc than in the past? Yes.
    make up your mind. You want more damage but want to do the raid in little seat time.

i'll try to use little words so you can understand.

The current binary type raids - where you take either zero damage or a ton of damage, whilst it makes it easier for a player like me who takes zero, makes it a lot tougher for others who take tons.

The older style raids, you took damage on all targets. But there were ways to manage that damage to a reasonable level, either through good builds, good driving, good strategy etc. Poorer builds/driving/strategy meant you took more damage, but not necessarily total annihilation of your fleet. ie the difference between the better players and poorer players was not so great.

That is what i was advocating for - closing that gap a little.

I apologise if I offend you by supporting the not so well off.

You were able to progress in the raid faster because you could hit the top targets for little damage. This last raid cycle, I was having an easy time getting points. I could do the tier 5 targets for no or little damage. It was skill based.

Yes it was skill based. But too punishing for those without the skill / connection / hardware.

The new raid targets don't give the option to rely on skill. I plan on using IBs to eliminate the need to constantly look over my shoulder. I know there is a learning curve to every new raid cycle.

I am betting there will still be a quite large difference between what the better players can do, and what the not so good players can do. In fact, i'd bet my house on it.

With these changes, your last 2 questions answers will change.
    Can i do everything I need to do to get top prizes with no coins, and little seat time? No
    Am I spending less seat time in raids etc than in the past? No

I don't believe these answers will change. They never have in the past three years. What makes you think they will change now? What inside information do you have to base your statement on?

In many of the older raids I had to take damage. But not so much that I couldn't still get the points I needed, repair overnight/at work and get the rest of the points i needed for all the top prizes.

So you can't gripe about it. You will find some way to declare yourself as an excellent player that can get everything for free. Half of it is bullcrap.

I have enough vids and guides to disprove this last statement. You should read them. You might learn how to play instead of whine.

Don't try to defend yourself because I think most of the forums don't care what you say.

The somewhat simple one's don't care. This is true.

It always comes off as bragging anyways. This thread is about the direction of the game. It is not about bashing everyone's opinions. This whole thread is saturated with your bias and nonconstructive opinions.

I only bash the stupid opinions or when someone says something particularly stupid in response to one of my comments, like you have done. I agreed with a number of MS posts in the opening statement, as he is someone who does actually have a clue about the game. But I also look bigger picture. He and I appear to be on the same page of less binary type raids.

My comments about glass cannons was about repair times. I have resistance built in to reduce damage taken. So once again, you are deflecting people's arguments to fit your own purpose. Thus, missing the point.

What if people dont build them as glass cannons? And as I said. repair time largely doesnt matter for a glass cannon. You just zombie it.

• ToyotaObsession
    ToyotaObsession
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5,983
    Moshi84 said:
     I want to play a game, not memorize patterns. 
    I had to giggle at this a little bit. Mega Man 3 comes to mind, and all the Monster Hunter games. They all center around memorizing patterns and what your opponent is going to do. Pretty much any game with an AI is going to force you to learn patterns so you know when to attack.

The Rules we talk about constantly
    Report hackers because of the rules.
    Submit a ticket if you qualify.

Questions? Concerns? PM me.                                            image
  • ToyotaObsession
    ToyotaObsession
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5,983
    Now I need to remind people again. Do not attack others. Discuss ideas. 

If you feel someone is trying to derail the thread do not reply to them and do not engage them. That's forum etiquette 101. If anyone was hoping to accomplish that they can't do it if nobody responds to them. Same goes if you don't want to provide thoughtful feedback. I'm not going to ask anyone to wade through 5 pages of kixsux. 

Thanks. 
    The Rules we talk about constantly
    Report hackers because of the rules.
    Submit a ticket if you qualify.

Questions? Concerns? PM me.                                            image
  • kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 413
    I think Kix should introduce a brand new type of hull and release a variety of them, with a variety of weapons for them. 

It should be an Attack hull, only engageable by other Attack hulls, no subs or other classes.

The build time should be no more than 7 days for a fully outfitted hull. Repair times no longer than 1 hour per ship, shorter if possible.

These ships should ideally have their own shipyard and docks.

We could then build fleets of them for PVP fighting in between all else. Right now once your chores are done there is very little to keep players engaged in activity.

Ships should instead of gaining vxp, gain an extra percentage, very small, towards attack and defense ability with each battle won. They could even give out small prizes for a battle won, like tokens for other ship builds or any such award.

A battle won could also contribute towards a small alliance gain, say every alliance fleet gain a percentage towards attack and defense. We are talking very small percentages here, in order to over time convert your fleets into regular killer fleets.

I'm dreaming.
  • Moshi84
    Moshi84
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 46
    Moshi84 said:
    I had to giggle at this a little bit. Mega Man 3 comes to mind, and all the Monster Hunter games. They all center around memorizing patterns and what your opponent is going to do. Pretty much any game with an AI is going to force you to learn patterns so you know when to attack.

I see what you're saying about AI but let me cite a better example of what I'm talking about. If a player screwed up in a 107 last raid and died, there was no way to go back in to finish it without taking a massive amount of damage. There's no balance between the damage and the target if for whatever reason, you have to deviate from the pattern.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Moshi84 said:
    Moshi84 said:

I see what you're saying about AI but let me cite a better example of what I'm talking about. If a player screwed up in a 107 last raid and died, there was no way to go back in to finish it without taking a massive amount of damage. There's no balance between the damage and the target if for whatever reason, you have to deviate from the pattern.
    pinches and zombies .... or ICs bloodthirsted
  • Shipwrecked_TBR
    Shipwrecked_TBR
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 374
    I like the tlc every week but as a nice prize (tokens) for doing some extra work but not a new hull ever other week. offer up older tech collector hulls and stuff like that. I am sure the low levels and many who missed out on tech would love a TLC with older turret tech so they can grab for their bases. I loved the Malice and spite TLCs cause they offered tokens and older tech that I had and provide something to do that is not just hit a base uranium or 91 mega hull. These are not mandatory but nice to have like the going rogue campaign I thought that was really nice, offer things like that often it keeps me busy in the game. just don't make them super damaging. this is my 2 cents for kixeye. Also offer some older tech and warn players that it is not the best tech so that collectors can grab items they may have missed. Thank you for the D6-A armor in the raid. :smiley:
  • stateboii2009
    stateboii2009
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 12
    5 1/2 years into this game, and I've seen a lot of ups and downs.  I thought last year, they finally got things headed in the right direction.  Many game activities were moved server size which greatly reduced cheating.  WIP and state of the game helped guide what we should be building next. Yes, people grumbled about being forced into hulls for certain purposes, but I found it to be a great benefit.

Fast forward to now.... and I have questions

• What happened to the transparency?  The WIP is gone, maybe a state of the game is coming soon, but who knows?  I understand, people at kixeye were mad
    • Where is the game development?  Is the WIP gone because there is no game development?   Whatever happened to R&D, a great feature added last year thats perpetually in the coming soon state for level 31?  I personally did not like the mega hull concept, but many did.  Is all you can do now is periodically throw a TLC in?  What happened to the other hulls
    • Why have no substantial updates happened in the past 2 months?  Endless TLCs do not count as game updates.  Where are the mine updates (the raid ended almost a month ago)?  The whole point of hull classes was that they would get about a year of life post raid (well...now the cannoneers are down to 11 months...and ticking)
    • Why is the current raid cycle "wait and see what works best"?  We see three options (Emperyean, icebreaker and now monolith)...but will all work?  Will one excel over the other (like the cannoneer over ironclad)?  Will it be somewhat more balanced (like the skill HW vs. blitz tides)?
    • Why is repair time significantly higher on the new hulls?
    • Why make the monolith TLC harder than the conqueror TLC?
    • FInally, just something that irks me - why is it so hard to correctly display names in a battle?  Or remove a campaign tower when the campaign is over?  Did QA get downsized?

It seems that many things have reverted back to 2015.  We have had countless hulls in the first 4 months, but not much else. For players like me that play both PvE and PvP, its becoming more and more challenging to build the PvE fleets, but make necessary changes to my guard fleet to keep up with the onslaught of practically free conqueror hulls.  So its getting to the point (again) of wondering if I should bother with a guard fleet.

With the uncertainty over the raid... This not the raid cycle to screw with people. FM is the foundation for everything else in the game.  Wait and see what works might end up in a wasted month of yard time, then you alienate the player from the game because they cant get to tier 5.

Can we bring back the transparency? Can we have some sort of development plan?  Or is the new BP going to be an ad-hoc throw the kitchen sink at everyone?  Where you were last year...with WIPs, a path for the hull classes...transparency...this is good.  Right now it seems the devs struggle to keep up with the 3 month raid cycle.

• Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 7,716

I guess I should have made a bigger deal out of QA in my first post. So to add another bullet point, why has there been so little focus on QA the last 6 months? There have been multiple updates with major bugs.

Meep!
  • bpForever
    bpForever
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 621
    I really think raid cycles need to go back to 4 months. at least by the fourth month you can have your fleet built right, and ranked and have a good raid during a hull store month
  • Rpr Specialist Pls
    Rpr Specialist Pls
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 1,720
    bpForever said:
    I really think raid cycles need to go back to 4 months. at least by the fourth month you can have your fleet built right, and ranked and have a good raid during a hull store month
    And it also allows you to build another fleet for something else. As it is, I am spending most of my time building for the current raid cycle. It took 2 months to get my Cannoneers fully fitted and built right. I had to refit weapons and specials because the tech was released a month later. This time, I received the tech with the IB but have to refit some because charged armor set up needs revised on my build. Add in that the skill hull came out right before the raid and I am back to square 1 for the skill hull. Once you throw in a flagship and it will be the 3rd of the cycle when you finally get it fitted and ranked. So once you finish that raid, you already have to start on the next raid cycle fleet.
    Image result for i quit meme
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Looks like the main issues are resolved.

In terms of WIP - build garrison fleets

In terms of what to build - any will do the job if built well for espionage.

In terms of total repair time .. who cares - do it for zero damage if you like. Or do a heap of tier 6 with your Icebreakers and put them in repairs for 5 hours.

ps. glass cannons work fine.
  • Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord

@bort said:

In terms of total repair time .. who cares - do it for zero damage if you like. Or do a heap of tier 6 with your Icebreakers and put them in repairs for 5 hours.

Maybe I built them poorly, but returns on my "blitz" icebreakers have been poor at best. So I wasted 3 weeks of yard time I could have used on much needed guard refits. I don't agree main issues have been resolved.

I also strongly believe this raid was a bust for kixeye...so the dream world of using year old tech will be gone by next raid.

Meep!
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519

@Rpr Specialist Pls said:
    Mad_Scientist said:

@bort said:

Maybe I built them poorly, but returns on my "blitz" icebreakers have been poor at best. So I wasted 3 weeks of yard time I could have used on much needed guard refits. I don't agree main issues have been resolved.

I also strongly believe this raid was a bust for kixeye...so the dream world of using year old tech will be gone by next raid.

The Icebreak was a waste of shipyard time if you ask me. I am doing better with my punisher tank and citadels than I am with the Icebreakers. I have 4 fully fitted Icebreakers. I can do 2 80 sets and they will then be wasted. Would be nicer if they offered the skill hull in the last raid instead of the garbage hull. The Ironclad is at least good for base parts. The Icebreaker sucks at the FM and the raid when compared to older tech. Well. I have 4 more cargo haulers.

It does not suck in the fm... Especially since it allows you to auto t5 twice and it still has life after that. As for this raid using them, it is still possible to use them and get instant repair on all the A targets, but it requires very precise driving or you can put a cannoneer in your fleet with it to kill all the shortranged turrets in the 81,83, or 89 if you use your IB's as decoys for the missiles. Just make sure to keep it back when you go to kill the arc missiles though.

Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord

@TheHolsh said:

Mad_Scientist said:

@bort said:

The Icebreak was a waste of shipyard time if you ask me. I am doing better with my punisher tank and citadels than I am with the Icebreakers. I have 4 fully fitted Icebreakers. I can do 2 80 sets and they will then be wasted. Would be nicer if they offered the skill hull in the last raid instead of the garbage hull. The Ironclad is at least good for base parts. The Icebreaker sucks at the FM and the raid when compared to older tech. Well. I have 4 more cargo haulers.

It does not suck in the fm... Especially since it allows you to auto t5 twice and it still has life after that. As for this raid using them, it is still possible to use them and get instant repair on all the A targets, but it requires very precise driving or you can put a cannoneer in your fleet with it to kill all the shortranged turrets in the 81,83, or 89 if you use your IB's as decoys for the missiles. Just make sure to keep it back when you go to kill the arc missiles though.

doesn't it seem odd to you the words "very precise driving" is how you describe using a blitz hull?

Meep!
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519

@Mad_Scientist said:

@TheHolsh said:

Mad_Scientist said:

@bort said:

doesn't it seem odd to you the words "very precise driving" is how you describe using a blitz hull?

Yea.... Annoys me and many others with them that they worked perfectly fine (3-5 coins per A set) in the preview when blitzing with 4 ships, but they upped the damage of the shortranged turrets causing the IB's to be useless/very costly in blitzing our current targets in raid.

Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    i use my IBs for 81/83s. Much faster, and not much damage. can do quite a few before needing repairs.

Less seat time is good ....
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord

the scourge raid series crashed an burned the first time they tried to release it, why were they surprised that it did the same this time, when in doubt, revert back to what THE PLAYERS want, how about a nostalgia raid, or a throwback series of raids or campaigns, yes i know the whales need constant gratification, but your medium coiners should count an be appreciated too

err. this is possibly the easiest raid ever.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord

@bort said:

mine significantly cut my seat time. so well worth the spend. And I will build the flag too.

I also expect the next raid to be vastly harder. So i will have my monos done as well.
  • Admiral_BloodHound
    Admiral_BloodHound
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 442

This is a good discussion to have. I would like to see some honest, good  feedback. Posts like "omgwtfbbq kix" will be removed. This is not the place for mindless complaining if you want to have anyone actually read this thread. Keep it productive and don't rant. 

Let the discussion commence. 

Im one of the first to state an annoyance and i wish things would change, but to be fair it seems like nothing we say  as players matters, it has all been said 

Content is way to high, always another ship or more useless tier 5 prizes that are designed/added for one thing to stop   you getting tokens

Coining Ships costs to much over 300 pounds for a fleet (get real)

Repair times are huge

Base defense is joke (even with base parts it takes ages to upgrade to high enough level turrets so you can put a good weapon on it, defense ships massively out ranged)

Glitches galore that are palmed off as working as intended

im a moderate coiner about 40 pounds per month and i honestly dont feel i get value for my money, and that's what its all about fun vs value for money.

take for instance the Grid Iron everyone has slated it stating how bad its stats/buff's are did kixeye fix it? no and to top it all off with a descent build its over 25 days.

im moving closer and closer to the not coining camp.

• Rpr Specialist Pls
    Rpr Specialist Pls
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 1,720

bort said:

@bort said:

mine significantly cut my seat time. so well worth the spend. And I will build the flag too.

I also expect the next raid to be vastly harder. So i will have my monos done as well.

So you expect to build the IB flag and a mono fleet without coining before the next raid? About 14 days for the monos each and the flag is somewhere in the 24 day range. Even with tokens, you will be hard pressed. That is a part of the issue with the direction of the game. They "lengthen" the life of hulls but make the cycle shorter for the raid and then through out 2 hull types to make you hope you went with the right build. I ran with the HWs and Cannoneers because they were the skill hull. Less repair times. This cycle, I am relying heavily on the pun and cits because the skill hull was offered late. 
    Image result for i quit meme
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 16 Apr 2017, 6:26AM

bort said:

@bort said:

So you expect to build the IB flag and a mono fleet without coining before the next raid? About 14 days for the monos each and the flag is somewhere in the 24 day range. Even with tokens, you will be hard pressed. That is a part of the issue with the direction of the game. They "lengthen" the life of hulls but make the cycle shorter for the raid and then through out 2 hull types to make you hope you went with the right build. I ran with the HWs and Cannoneers because they were the skill hull. Less repair times. This cycle, I am relying heavily on the pun and cits because the skill hull was offered late. 

yes my fleets will be done enough to work extremely well.

Three mono shells are done with a couple weapons. Maybe i'll end up with only 3 + gridiron. But that will do the job. And i'll still have a super easy raid next raid.

Just like i said this raid would be easy for me. Just like the last raid was. And the one before that. And the one before that.

And then i'll have build time free in the next month to build whatever I want.

For the last series I went both cannoneers and icronclads. Because we get so much build time that its easy to do coin free. And still had time left to screw around with some part built prides. As well as build a couple citadels ... as a just in case, because I was using vends in the FM.

Not sure how you are making up this 'issue' with the game. I'm getting all the PvE hulls out, and not even having to make any tough decisions .. do i build one or the other? pfft. i'll just build both. The game is easier than ever. Going back a year or two you actually had to make tough decisions.

In fact, for the 'issue' of shipbuilding for this raid, almost any old fleet worked as long as you have a CM tank built for garrison type targets like the FM. Anyone would be hard pressed to call that an issue.
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 16 Apr 2017, 7:27AM

@bort said:

what i'm also struggling to understand from MS, is in what game he has been playing in the last few years where you always had perfect information and never wasted any shipyard time on stuff that didn't perform that well?

you make the best decision based on the information available. You could have skipped ice breakers, and they could have been the best ship possible for the raid - which would have really sucked.

SOmetimes you make the perfect choice, other times you make a poor choice (rarely for some). Most times is somewhere in between and you then adapt. Those that adapt well, do well in the game. Those that don't adapt well, do not do well. Those that consistently choose towards the poor end also struggle.
  • kixeyeuser_1415967218417_100008428995224
    kixeyeuser_1415967218417_100008428995224
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 643
    Few can keep up. Some targets are doable with only the latest tech but just try to use an older fleet and it's disqualified due to not having the 'correct' designation. What, so an newer, similar fleet is ok but an older one isn't?
  • Loco266
    Loco266
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 5,663

Few can keep up. Some targets are doable with only the latest tech but just try to use an older fleet and it's disqualified due to not having the 'correct' designation. What, so an newer, similar fleet is ok but an older one isn't?

.... Really? This STILL confuses people?

ALL Conqueror and Defender-class hulls, regardless of release date, cannot be used in PvE targets. This has been the case for months. This is the ONLY case of fleets not being usable in targets.

Your Vendettas aren't allowed because they are CONQUERORS, not because they're older.
    I'm starting to understand Magic Bunny's perspective...
  • mickjuice
    mickjuice
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 22
    simple the direction of the game is to milk the idiots ban accounts dry who spend some serious cash on the game then shut the doors on it "then they loose everything all that money on nothing" 99% of people i started with over 5 years ago have left"most with a big hole in there pockets "
  • Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord

@Loco266 said:
    kixeyeuser_1415967218417_100008428995224 said:

.... Really? This STILL confuses people?

ALL Conqueror and Defender-class hulls, regardless of release date, cannot be used in PvE targets. This has been the case for months. This is the ONLY case of fleets not being usable in targets.

Your Vendettas aren't allowed because they are CONQUERORS, not because they're older.

Adding to this, citadel are over a year old and did just fine. whether it was kixeyes intention or not....that's one of the things they could comment on in a state of the game thread.

Meep!
  • Mad_Scientist
    Mad_Scientist
    Unicorn Overlord

Today's update, perfect example of how communication would help the community. Out of the blue, significant changes to foundry and addition of vxp tokens to a weekly target has appeared. Homeland being rereleased (maybe....notes not consustent). HUGE impact to lower level players....

From a QA standpoint, map lag has reared it's ugly head again...

Meep!