Will rapture and Osprey get mk upgrades?

nazar3901
nazar3901
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 330

I must say I'm glad to see that those two ships will be part of my collection now
But it makes me wonder that since now almost everyone will have it, will it get mk upgrades?

To prevent KIXEYE from conquering my wallet
  • Soulhunters_Unk
    Soulhunters_Unk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 859

    Hopefully, that would make Osprey cargo fleets even more viable :D

    And it would also make my old Raptures useful again in FvF / PvE :)

    Even with MK's Raptures, they have lost their speed advantage, which was the only reason they were so fun to fly back when they were viable.  Now they are simply cruisers, but with lower mass then apoc, then Vsec Cruiser, than Heritic, than Covanent, and the soon to be T6 cruiser.  So how the **** do you think a rapture will be useful?
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020171/uploads/editor/bg/qvhy953qsyuv.png
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287
    Nizar3901 said:

    I must say I'm glad to see that those two ships will be part of my collection now
    But it makes me wonder that since now almost everyone will have it, will it get mk upgrades?

    all it needs is a revamp and it will be good as new.

  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 744

    Fresh coat of paint and a big bore exhaust.

  • Got No Coin
    Got No Coin
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 657
    Ain't gonna happen. Only an idiot would spend loot on Rapture. It was a great ship prior to the Not So Great Rebalance.

  • Jim Bo
    Jim Bo
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 744
    they were great ships before mkups. Made even less great by the big rebalance, and even less so by the advent of ISC, DC, Xeno... 

    All the same, seriously, mkups would be awesome for those ships

  • Sheep Geminis
    Sheep Geminis
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 388
    No, please no, we already have enough of the Mk stuff. Remember the Mk ★ Punishers and Decimators.
    ┋ ID: 20710497. ┋ Lords of War Officer. ┋ Base level:  65. ┋ VIP Rank: 0. ┋
  • Warshadow_EMP
    Warshadow_EMP
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 358

    My bet is there will be an osprey and rapture coin deal when the event is over. 100 bucks for 6 mk5 of each.

  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287
    pjwuebker said:
    Ain't gonna happen. Only an idiot would spend loot on Rapture. It was a great ship prior to the Not So Great Rebalance.

    then I guess I will be the one to get it since I like the ship and its old days being the fastest ship alive as a light armor ship.

  • GALACTUSX
    GALACTUSX
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 592
    Nizar3901 said:

    I must say I'm glad to see that those two ships will be part of my collection now
    But it makes me wonder that since now almost everyone will have it, will it get mk upgrades?

    RandomPlayer: Will it get mk upgrades?
    KIXEYE: Sure! We will give you a Special Scam Offer when the event gone
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,843
    The rapture should get a thruster speed bonus like the osprey.
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • RickGarland
    RickGarland
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 364

    @Soulhunters_Unk said:
    DEATH by AI said:

    Hopefully, that would make Osprey cargo fleets even more viable :D

    And it would also make my old Raptures useful again in FvF / PvE :)

    Even with MK's Raptures, they have lost their speed advantage, which was the only reason they were so fun to fly back when they were viable.  Now they are simply cruisers, but with lower mass then apoc, then Vsec Cruiser, than Heritic, than Covanent, and the soon to be T6 cruiser.  So how the **** do you think a rapture will be useful?

    The soon to be t6 cruiser? Its called the punisher we already have it. Do you not play the game anymore? I think if people dont play the game they shouldnt be allowed to run their mouths on the forums

  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

    Hopefully, that would make Osprey cargo fleets even more viable :D

    And it would also make my old Raptures useful again in FvF / PvE :)

    Even with MK's Raptures, they have lost their speed advantage, which was the only reason they were so fun to fly back when they were viable.  Now they are simply cruisers, but with lower mass then apoc, then Vsec Cruiser, than Heritic, than Covanent, and the soon to be T6 cruiser.  So how the **** do you think a rapture will be useful?
    its an old tech missed from the olds bro. anyone that wants it for collecting can earn it. if you don't want it the at least you can farm for points to exchange for res. people that never got these old tech will be extremely happy to get them so no need to make a issue out of it. like I said if you don't want then don't get it just farm for res. that is all.

  • shakenb
    shakenb
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 81
    rapture is just for my collection but Osprey only takes a week to build whole fleet and as cargo fleet will hold over 8 mil res so that is good reason to get osprey . I probably never build a rapture but I want to collect it for sure.. I am glad to finally be able give this alt some hard core love with this event for lower levels. bring it on and may coin little bit
  • Ghost Effect
    Ghost Effect
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 100

    The answer will always be no. You may have just asked if the Pathfinder will get it's mk upgrades.

  • Chili Industries Ltd
    Chili Industries Ltd
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 646
    Pfff, should have kept them in the void. Nothing special about having them in your collection anymore. Now every newbie will have them. Coming up next: Blood Raven. I don't have them on this account, so I will farm them of course :)

    Lxc did say that both Osprey and Rapture would get a mk upgrade, but that was a long time ago, so probably not.
  • Kivell
    Kivell
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 221
    Cant see a use for Osprey or Raptures apart from adding to my collection. Yes Osprey old more cargo than talon but they're not inst rep. A MK4 Fury holds more than osprey and is quicker to repair. Only viable as an alternative cargo if it's MK'd up and gains extra special.


    Come and see the violence inherent in the system!
    Help, help, I'm being repressed!
  • Ryan Carter
    Ryan Carter
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 446
    If you think about it, the Osprey and Rapture are the "Ship X" of rebel and vega ships. so in theory, they should technically add the speed increase back for the rapture so it becomes what it once was.

    MK upgrades would be good but then again, another thing to grind for (or coin if you are that desperate to spend money on something that doesn't physically exist but hey ho that's just my opinion)

    Playing VC be like
    image
  • Soulhunters_Unk
    Soulhunters_Unk
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 859

    @RickGarland said:

    @Soulhunters_Unk said:
    DEATH by AI said:

    Hopefully, that would make Osprey cargo fleets even more viable :D

    And it would also make my old Raptures useful again in FvF / PvE :)

    Even with MK's Raptures, they have lost their speed advantage, which was the only reason they were so fun to fly back when they were viable.  Now they are simply cruisers, but with lower mass then apoc, then Vsec Cruiser, than Heritic, than Covanent, and the soon to be T6 cruiser.  So how the **** do you think a rapture will be useful?

    The soon to be t6 cruiser? Its called the punisher we already have it. Do you not play the game anymore? I think if people dont play the game they shouldnt be allowed to run their mouths on the forums

    So fucktard besides forgetting that the t6 cruisers is out, and yes I have skipped the last two events for better things to do those weekends, like hitting myself over the head with a hammer, what part of that post was wrong? How does the rapture compete with any of the other higher level cruisers in the game?

    https://us.v-cdn.net/5020171/uploads/editor/bg/qvhy953qsyuv.png
  • STORM_BREAKER
    STORM_BREAKER
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 1,920

    @Master of Warring said:
    The rapture should get a thruster speed bonus like the osprey.

    Rapture + strike thruster = rapture reborn... DPS low as **** though lol

  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

    @Soulhunters_Unk said:

    @RickGarland said:

    @Soulhunters_Unk said:
    DEATH by AI said:

    Hopefully, that would make Osprey cargo fleets even more viable :D

    And it would also make my old Raptures useful again in FvF / PvE :)

    Even with MK's Raptures, they have lost their speed advantage, which was the only reason they were so fun to fly back when they were viable.  Now they are simply cruisers, but with lower mass then apoc, then Vsec Cruiser, than Heritic, than Covanent, and the soon to be T6 cruiser.  So how the **** do you think a rapture will be useful?

    The soon to be t6 cruiser? Its called the punisher we already have it. Do you not play the game anymore? I think if people dont play the game they shouldnt be allowed to run their mouths on the forums

    So fucktard besides forgetting that the t6 cruisers is out, and yes I have skipped the last two events for better things to do those weekends, like hitting myself over the head with a hammer, what part of that post was wrong? How does the rapture compete with any of the other higher level cruisers in the game?

    Your not entitled to do the event so please need to cry about it, its for low level players, end game players should have a day off of giving the event a pass.


  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,727

    @Spask Crondusk said:

    @Soulhunters_Unk said:

    @RickGarland said:

    @Soulhunters_Unk said:
    DEATH by AI said:

    Hopefully, that would make Osprey cargo fleets even more viable :D

    And it would also make my old Raptures useful again in FvF / PvE :)

    Even with MK's Raptures, they have lost their speed advantage, which was the only reason they were so fun to fly back when they were viable.  Now they are simply cruisers, but with lower mass then apoc, then Vsec Cruiser, than Heritic, than Covanent, and the soon to be T6 cruiser.  So how the **** do you think a rapture will be useful?

    The soon to be t6 cruiser? Its called the punisher we already have it. Do you not play the game anymore? I think if people dont play the game they shouldnt be allowed to run their mouths on the forums

    So fucktard besides forgetting that the t6 cruisers is out, and yes I have skipped the last two events for better things to do those weekends, like hitting myself over the head with a hammer, what part of that post was wrong? How does the rapture compete with any of the other higher level cruisers in the game?

    Your not entitled to do the event so please need to cry about it, its for low level players, end game players should have a day off of giving the event a pass.

    Or get the rapture now before its lost in the void forever. That ships may be **** but its one of the rarest hulls in the game... collectors be drooling

    just existing at this point

  • nazar3901
    nazar3901
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 330

    @Soulhunters_Unk said:
    DEATH by AI said:

    Hopefully, that would make Osprey cargo fleets even more viable :D

    And it would also make my old Raptures useful again in FvF / PvE :)

    Even with MK's Raptures, they have lost their speed advantage, which was the only reason they were so fun to fly back when they were viable.  Now they are simply cruisers, but with lower mass then apoc, then Vsec Cruiser, than Heritic, than Covanent, and the soon to be T6 cruiser.  So how the **** do you think a rapture will be useful?

    It can be useful on the 45-55 area ;)
    It's just for the glory, nothing more

    And as some stated, it would be great for it be competitive again
    And it can be used in PVE too

    To prevent KIXEYE from conquering my wallet
  • LordErebus
    LordErebus
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 259
    bet these 2 ships get to go to mk10 with a 20% increase to all speed at mk5 and mk10 and a total of 40% extra mass and 2 extra slots
    Erebus LVL 69
    Kixeye give everyone 10 billion coins for sticking it out with you this far
  • Ghost Effect
    Ghost Effect
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 100

    @STORM_BREAKER said:

    @Master of Warring said:
    The rapture should get a thruster speed bonus like the osprey.

    Rapture + strike thruster = rapture reborn... DPS low as **** though lol

    I take it you have not checked the restrictions for strike thrusters.

  • nazar3901
    nazar3901
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 330

    @Todd7123 said:
    As far as I can find out at this time the ships are being release for newer players that can immediately use them. And for the collectors that may want them.

    Mark up is not on a immediate time line. So while not impossible never say never but not soon if ever.

    I sure hope they include them in the mk system soon
    Thanks for looking it up Todd

    To prevent KIXEYE from conquering my wallet
  • Andrea Nard1
    Andrea Nard1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 2,654
    I would not count and plan my game strategy on having the MKs available... 
    image
  • Tuco716
    Tuco716
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 360
    Of course there will be a mark up on these two ships. They will be added to a new prize box, and everyone will have them. Then players can farm more to get the mark ups, or buy special $100 deals to get the mark ups.

    Lets be real here. This is Kix we are talking about.
Sign In or Register to comment.