Thermal Broads for mini event 40's

Pumpkinrott
Pumpkinrott
Greenhorn
Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 3

Has anyone tried Thermal ii and iii insta swords on the mini event 40's?   I have Aurora iii Thermal ii insta swords that can handle the 37's but not quite the 40's.  I used the ship calc to see what dps difference there is and it looks like a thermal ii thermal iii sword would be like a 106 dps vs my auroras 94.  Before I spend cash on a bp that doesn't get me any further I was hoping someone had tried them already.

Thanks I advance

• ChalkSix
    ChalkSix
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 279
    Range on thermal beam is too low.  3000 m vs 3250 m on Aurora and 3400 m on Impulse.  Even with Optics 5 you will take more damage with thermal even if you can dish out more.  Impulse is the way to go.
  • devastatorviper15
    devastatorviper15
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 133
    wrong ....

echo or repeting polaron  is the best.....  it kill everything.....
  • Terry Harry
    Terry Harry
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 27

even with Impulse beams the 40s will be a handful use what you have and use a cargo fleet to collect the excess res as you will need it to keep hitting the 37s

• Pumpkinrott
    Pumpkinrott
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 3

Follow up: Thanks for the ideas guys. Impulse hasn't been offered in the time I have been playing. Repeating Polaron is above my current tech level. Echo ii won't do it fast enough. Echo iii is out of reach currently. Thermal iii and thermal ii DO NOT pack enough punch. The Demon fleet closes in too fast even with a rear strafing click. they can and will kill them with a focus fire command but that defeats my purpose. IF I wanted to fly one fleet at a time I would take out my vector vens and hit 45's one at a time. I was looking for insta quantity not rep time quality. Glad rancs proved to be answer. In the end I banked my carrier and some bombers.

• Tank Commander
    Tank Commander
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 64
    See if u can equip Sico Missle those things rip up ships.
    "its Raining Shells! Your bleeding Blood, R.I.P GG Bud!"