This is NOT the forum for War Commander web. For that forum, go here: https://www.kixeye.com/forum/categories/war-commander

War Commander: Rogue Assault is a new mobile title from KIXEYE. Any topics created that are not about WC:RA will be moved to the appropriate forum.

common component promotions?

diplo-matt
diplo-matt
Greenhorn
Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 2
What purpose do the common component promotions serve? I have about 50 heavy unit ones from attacking bases but it won't let me promote my rhinos with it.  Whenever I try it just takes me to black market and tries to get me to buy more which I don't need since I can't get it to even let me use the ones that I have.  It will let me promote the units up levels, but the common components are getting me nowhere.  Any advice?
  • CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,715
    I think there's some confusion here in how this mechanic works, allow me to clarify.

Components themselves cannot be promoted. When you go to the "Promote" section of a unit and you look at "Cost to Promote", what is listed there is the required components to upgrade that unit, nothing more. For the Rhino, you must have both "RHINO CRITICAL" and "HEAVY VEHICLE COMMON". Having enough of each of these components will allow you to upgrade the Rhino.

If you click the + icon next to a component, it will take you to the Black Market where you can buy more of that type of component that you selected, but again you cannot promote them. They simply are what they are. Use that button if you don't quite have enough of a type of component and want to purchase a bit more with gold.
    KIXEYE Director of Marketing
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE
  • diplo-matt
    diplo-matt
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2017 Posts: 2

There seems to be an issue then because I have been promoting the rhinos and so the up level is a fraction of 26/20 but the common component one reads 56/4. It sends that it isn't registering the common component when I do the promotion, which works fine for me since it is easier to promote but doesn't seem fair to other players if they are unable to promote with less restrictions.

Either way, thanks for the assistance.

• CM Chris
    CM Chris
    KIXEYE Community Manager
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,715
    edited 9 Feb 2017, 8:35PM
    So the first number is how many of the component you currently have in your inventory and the second is how many of the component you need in order to promote the unit. When you do the promotion, are your components not removed? Or does the first number change once you do the promotion?
    KIXEYE Director of Marketing
    Community Rules: CLICK HERE
    Submit a Support Ticket: CLICK HERE