Millennium Gun Limited Time Offer (Merged Thread)

• amorg005
    amorg005
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 206
    AnEyeForAnEye said

It a rare thing, but i agree with a MOD ;)

In a sense im tempted to take it, but im feeling guilty to grab it since i do not agree with this at all and fear it might create a precedent.

Im so torn on this one.
    Grab it. I would if I got offered but I don't have cannonner so don't think i'm going to see the offer. At least not this one, maybe if all you cannoneer owners grab it they'll do something for the rest of us. 
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 7,191
    Kalidor55 said:
    Kalidor55 said:
    My tought is, preview wasnt very positive and they are trying to salvage what could be a very bad raid by giving the needed tech away.

"Giving the tech away"? I don't think so.
    Figure that the normal $10 gold purchase gives you 105 gold. And with that you get the 105 gold and the Millennium. So if you typically buy the $10 gold deal, it is free with your normal purchase.

Same with the $20 offer. Except you get 8 days worth of tokens. Figure a 24 hour token is 48 gold. So for $10 more you get the original offer plus 384 coins worth of refit tokens.
    And all that to make a hull that was suppose to de dominating up to par.  Spend lots of points to get the hull but you will need to take out some $ to be able to use it as promises.  Not very professionnal if you ask me.  I hope Doom will never ever again try to "promote" a hull.  Hell will rise if he does !!!

For the record, I don't agree with the way it was handled. However, the bundles are well put together in my opinion and I am really tempted to **** that $20 offer. But I do not want to see this become the norm.
    That will just depend on how many are going for it .   If enough go for it beleive me, this is not the last we see of that kind of behavior from Kixeye.  Have been around long enough  for see it coming.
    Well technically it the second time they ve pull this kind of stunt. But last time it was the citadel after the FM change and it was past tech already released.

This time it tech in advance. You basicly buy the tech upfront, which in sense they should have release ahead of time in raid or TLC.

Id prefer they gave the gun to cannonneer owners instead as par of the premium they paid, not asking to buy more at a discount.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 15,157
    Kalidor55 said:
    Kalidor55 said:
    My tought is, preview wasnt very positive and they are trying to salvage what could be a very bad raid by giving the needed tech away.

Figure that the normal $10 gold purchase gives you 105 gold. And with that you get the 105 gold and the Millennium. So if you typically buy the $10 gold deal, it is free with your normal purchase.

Same with the $20 offer. Except you get 8 days worth of tokens. Figure a 24 hour token is 48 gold. So for $10 more you get the original offer plus 384 coins worth of refit tokens.
    And all that to make a hull that was suppose to de dominating up to par.  Spend lots of points to get the hull but you will need to take out some $ to be able to use it as promises.  Not very professionnal if you ask me.  I hope Doom will never ever again try to "promote" a hull.  Hell will rise if he does !!!

For the record, I don't agree with the way it was handled. However, the bundles are well put together in my opinion and I am really tempted to **** that $20 offer. But I do not want to see this become the norm.
    That will just depend on how many are going for it .   If enough go for it beleive me, this is not the last we see of that kind of behavior from Kixeye.  Have been around long enough  for see it coming.
    Which is why I am torn on it.
  • ChinseMan
    ChinseMan
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 570
    Gun is free if you buy coin at normal price.

Which means it's a free gift to coiners.

ChineseMan however will not coin. So I will get gun the honorable way, through seat time.

*runs away*
  • gtlyons
    gtlyons
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 375
    Can any CM/Mod give us a straight answer as to why only some players are getting this offer?
    Prize Hulls owned: HHA, HHB, ScorpA, BBA, Levi A, Triton, Corvette, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Light Cruiser, BC, Battleship, Juggernaut, Interdictor, Mercury, FFA, LCX, Scorp A, Mauler, DreadX, Frigate, Rampart, SCX, Vindicator, Sawfish, Spectre, MCX, SFF
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 4,519
    ChinseMan said:
    Gun is free if you buy coin at normal price.

Which means it's a free gift to coiners.

ChineseMan however will not coin. So I will get gun the honorable way, through seat time.

*runs away*
    I am right here with ya
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Piratekiller_BOB
    Piratekiller_BOB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2014 Posts: 853
    I got it!  Not happy about the way the new mill cannon was not released with the Cannoneer, but at least they give us something for earning the points in last raid to get it. Still kinda **** hurt!!! But, at least they are trying to make it up. 8 days of Cannoneer build tokens doesn't make up for the 20 days worth of refitting. That I have to do to make my fleet ready to take on these new targets! But it is a good gesture!!!

• TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    gtlyons said:
    Can any CM/Mod give us a straight answer as to why only some players are getting this offer?
    Only people with cannoneers are being offered it
    Image result for one piece gif luffy crew"Are we friends? Or are we foes? That kind of thing you decide for yourselves! "
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    gtlyons said:
    Already did. Do you have the Cannoneer already? The answer to that question determines if you get it or not, as it looks like only those with it are getting the offers.
  • jeffreyjames
    jeffreyjames
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 284
    No offer for me, well I'll just keep all my money from now on then, Total crap that offer isn't made to all.

• AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord

Gold is worth 10 $, token are worth 38 $, and you get it for 10 $. I call that a free blueprint they may cost you has much to get lol

Its a good deal, a greedy one, a deceatful one, an unethical one, but a good deal.

Id prefer to get it free, but hey, not sure ill get better then that, honestly.
    if you have to spend money to get "something free" its not free

I agree, but do you think ill get a better deal then that ?

How much do you think ill have to spend in repairs to earn it ?

Ill have to at least consider it. I have 5d, plenty of time to think. But ill admit, il still need to get the special, but i can use the gun to earn it cheaper and grab tokens after to put it on. Guess ill think about it for a bit.
    quite honestly at the end of the day they should have literally given it out for free. they screwed this whole release cycle up and admitted it yet now expect the players to literally pay for their mistake. sometimes when you have a business and make a mistake you need to just man up and take it in the shorts to make things right
    I agree, but lets be honest it kixeye. They are here to make money and they saw a chance to please there high spender they screwed over.

My tought was for them to give the tech and some token to all cannoneer owners. Guess in a sense it what they did, but they are selling it at rebate instead of giving it away.
  • Sean_M067
    Sean_M067
    Greenhorn
    Joined Feb 2014 Posts: 16
    Kixeye once again shooting themselves in the foot and making the players pay for it.   No wonder people quit this game and talk trash about it.
  • gtlyons
    gtlyons
    Skilled Warrior
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    So us normal people who didn't spend 90 million points last raid for the Cannoneer are screwed for this raid cycle because we aren't worthy of spending money? 
    Prize Hulls owned: HHA, HHB, ScorpA, BBA, Levi A, Triton, Corvette, Destroyer, Destroyer X, Light Cruiser, BC, Battleship, Juggernaut, Interdictor, Mercury, FFA, LCX, Scorp A, Mauler, DreadX, Frigate, Rampart, SCX, Vindicator, Sawfish, Spectre, MCX, SFF
  • Rum Bum
    Rum Bum
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 249
    Thats silly only offering it to those who have the canoneer. They also work on the ironclad. If they don't make it availiable to all, I will stop playing and they can kiss my $$$$ goodbye
  • gtlyons
    gtlyons
    Skilled Warrior
    gtlyons said:
    Already did. Do you have the Cannoneer already? The answer to that question determines if you get it or not, as it looks like only those with it are getting the offers.
    See my above comment. Apparently the rest of us are boned now without the golden gun.
  • Templar614
    Templar614
    edited 7 Jan 2017, 4:40AM
    gtlyons said:
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    So us normal people who didn't spend 90 million points last raid for the Cannoneer are screwed for this raid cycle because we aren't worthy of spending money? 
    It just means that you will get the weapon the same time you get the hull, which is what was to be expected anyway. And it was only 40 mil for the Cannoneer.
  • AnEyeForAnEye
    AnEyeForAnEye
    Unicorn Overlord
    Do you have the cannoneer ?

IF no, then you wont get the offer.

It been confiremd by a MOD that it linked to the owner ship of the hull.
  • Piratekiller_BOB
    Piratekiller_BOB
    Strike-force Captain
    gtlyons said:
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    Did you coin last raid to get the Cannoneer? If not then shut up!!1

• TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    gtlyons said:
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    Use non coiners who got the cannoneer are also left out...
  • jeffreyjames
    jeffreyjames
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 284
    None the less they just lost all my future purchases.

• TDG007
    TDG007
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 162
    total bs they did preview to show us that we needed this tech to do raid totry and force us to buy it to do the raid its total BS
    They offer u free gun with 105 coin. Its cheaper then 3 coffee or lunch during the week in my country.
    But it does not say anywhere "Players must buy this deal" You can do raid with mausers too as per preview video's
  • Piratekiller_BOB
    Piratekiller_BOB
    Strike-force Captain
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    Did you get the offer?

• gtlyons
    gtlyons
    Skilled Warrior
    gtlyons said:
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    It just means that you will get the weapon the same time you get the hull. And it was only 40 mil for the Cannoneer.
    Plus 50 million for the Zoe Vendetta that was a mandatory unlock to get the Cannoneer.

What I see it meaning is Kixeye just created a class of whales who will walk this raid in January while not spending enough then making February downright horrible for everyone.

I just find it funny that normal players aren't worthy of buying things from Kixeye anymore.
  • amorg005
    amorg005
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 206
    It just means that you will get the weapon the same time you get the hull, which is what was to be expected anyway. And it was only 40 mil for the Cannoneer.
    Ok but it was 90mil..you HAD to get the Zoe Vendetta first (50mil) before you could get the Cannoneer (40mil)....
  • TheHolsh
    TheHolsh
    Unicorn Overlord
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    Did you get the offer?

Yes, but I mean, we who do not spend money still will not buy the offer. And it is not nearly as good of a deal as the one most got.

• Rum Bum
    Rum Bum
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 249
    The gun new gun works really well on the ironclad, they should make it available to all. They can just switch out the ship build tokens. 
  • Shiba
    Shiba
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 3,575
    Here is my opinion.. 

IF you have the cannoneer, and you dont have this gun..  The Preview proved that it is costly as all hell.   Now I HATE that they are doing this, cause its just fcked up to all hell, but spend the 20.00 now get the gun, the gold ( for repairs in the raid ) and 8 day tokens to throw some of these on your boats..   AND your raid could be an easy one ( and not cost anything else )  

IF you do not get it,  AND there are prizes that you really want, it could cost you more then 20.00 in repairs just trying to get it. 

I hate it, but I picked it up.   With the tokens, and some over night buildtime, I think I can get 5 of the new guns, on my 4 cannons I have built before the raid pretty easy.  

Once again, I hate that they went this way, and I WILL not do this again, so I really hope it wont become the norm

• Templar614
    Templar614
    Rum **** said:
    The gun new gun works really well on the ironclad, they should make it available to all. They can just switch out the ship build tokens. 
    The Mauser will work better though due to the 200% splash increase on the Ironclad. Would be foolish not to take advantage of that.
  • mike.scott.73307
    mike.scott.73307
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 626
    gtlyons said:
    TheHolsh said:
    gtlyons said:
    As others have said it was 90.  Could I have gotten it with only 40 million, no.  They tried to cloak it by giving us another bp for the 50 but it wasn't one I really wanted and I couldn't get the cannoneer without 90 million.  An now this cluster with the confusing release schedule and all that.  No, not happy and very very annoyed.
This discussion has been closed.