Unfair Event - Allow Exchange of Swarm 1 and Swarm 2 for 3's

LTBloodshed
LTBloodshed
Force to be Reckoned With
Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,525
edited 19 Dec 2016, 11:32AM
Kixeye, this event was completely unfair.  Most players were farming 70s and most players got at least 25% of thier drops as Swarm 3s.  I killed 12 Harvesters between 70, 75s, and 80s [with about half being 75+].  I got ZERO SWARM 3''s. 

Please allow players like myself and others to exchange all of their USELESS Swarm 1 and Swarm 2 credits at some ratio for Swarm 3s.  Community's position is.....

Unfair Event - Allow Exchange of Swarm 1 and Swarm 2 for 3's 165 votes

Yes Allow an Exchange
75%
RANGEMASTER6Dayspring329Ryan CarterCyrus Leungbraveheartz1234spaindreSpiffmanSpaceM16 A4Junren-JSStud 186jien.zernRyantheRedDragons FlameNova_SolisterNSANSANSAAvenger ELYSDEATH by AImanjit123Steven282kevnep 124 votes
No. Random lottery is a good idea
24%
cyberjoelbluebird01War_Pandauser0123B E L LKybrikRickGarlandXxGEEWHIZZxXCollin LeungCooper999wp42098Xen'ttu EnnSpiralValveLLiviusI AM NOT AN ALTJogiK_666sgpatersonCere4l-Kill3rXavieCruzRaniRahn 41 votes
  • jimmerbobber
    jimmerbobber
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 73
    Yes Allow an Exchange
    Should have just been an exchange. You earn currency which increases as you defeat higher level harvesters. you can then buy level 1,2 or 3. Should also be a capped number you can earn per event I reckon. Could have then avoided people earning full fleets worth of lvl 3 swarms in one go. This would keep people playing and building until next style event appears then pushing hard to earn more of them again.
  • starfleet141
    starfleet141
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 113
    Yes Allow an Exchange
    maybe not bad for exchange like crafting stuff...to make ranger 2 requires (4x) ranger 1
    but meh, what about the unknown object do.
    No automatic alt text available.
  • kell2016
    kell2016
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 236
    Yes Allow an Exchange

Why do they keep trying to foist the random thing onto us?!

• TorinAldred
    TorinAldred
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 158
    There is a dev response in another thread hinting at an exchange or something similar to be announced.

UO Count: 99,959
    Updated: 06/14/2017
  • Manni-Gaming
    Manni-Gaming
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2015 Posts: 890
    edited 19 Dec 2016, 12:57PM
    Yes Allow an Exchange
    Lol... As if they would even remotely consider that. Of course it would fair given how many hundreds of hours of repair time we took for these level I's that we don't even want to have or use and considering how many loots were taken away from us due to being over the time of the Decimation Phase at the end or due to the carrier having 5% HP left and regenerating at 100%. This would be a fair compensation ... and that's why it would never come. The last thing Kixeye has proovedn to be... is fair.
  • Optimus815
    Optimus815
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 393
    stop crying i got to 350k and couldn't fight one and i have 3 fleets i could have used so stop crying i got ZERO.
  • redrat_thezip
    redrat_thezip
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 352
    They are too OP, Power creep too high, no exchange plx!
  • Norfildur
    Norfildur
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 91
    edited 19 Dec 2016, 1:21PM
    Yes Allow an Exchange
    Dropping level 1 swarm from 80s is just plain stupid (to say the least). IMHO, the right drop ratio should be:
    - for level 70s: 60% to get level 1, 30% to get level 2, 10% to get level 3;
    - for level 75s: 10% to get level 1, 60% to get level 2, 30% to get level 3;
    - for level 80s: 50% to get level 2, 50% to get level 3 (no level 1 at all!).
  • default1392
    default1392
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 483
    Yes Allow an Exchange
    Not going to happen, even to "Earn back our Trust"
  • sohandsome
    sohandsome
    Greenhorn
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 2
    Yes Allow an Exchange

All you morons at kix belong in hell but only if hell has a special room for focking reetards.

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    I could not resist my sarcasm and answered random is good :trollface:

I am not against random but in that range what kixeye doing its just stupid. And that is everywhere.
    what it actually should be is
    - for level 70s: 60% to get level 1, 30% to get level 2, 10% to get level 3;
    - for level 75s: 70% to get level 2, 30% to get level 3;
    - for level 80s: 100% to get level 3
    That would be fair and alot of people would have attacked 80 because of this. Getting more rep time but atleast getting reward what they deserve. Highest lvl should not have random in it at all.

52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • LTBloodshed
    LTBloodshed
    Yes Allow an Exchange

@TorinAldred said:
    There is a dev response in another thread hinting at an exchange or something similar to be announced.

could u link me to the thread and approx page number?

• LTBloodshed
    LTBloodshed
    Yes Allow an Exchange

@Manni-Gaming said:
    Norfildur said:

Dropping level 1 swarm from 80s is just plain stupid (to say the least). IMHO, the right drop ratio should be:

• for level 70s: 60% to get level 1, 30% to get level 2, 10% to get level 3;
    • for level 75s: 10% to get level 1, 60% to get level 2, 30% to get level 3;
    • for level 80s: 50% to get level 2, 50% to get level 3 (no level 1 at all!).

Even though I am totally against random drop chance in general as I think with a given amount of time invested one should be able to guarantee a certain amount of progress but you got a nice model there Norfildur. This is what it should have been. And Of course Multiple Hits on the same target should be possible. This way even medium or lower level players could have spend 2-3 fleets a few times over the duration of this event to get a few of those. But making the Harvester regenerate the hitpoints totally excluded them from the runs at once. It's no secret anymore that Kixeye has begun serving the high-end-paying players exclusively... But shutting the other ones out entirely on purpose is new.

btw norfildur farmed about 32 harvesters fora total of 3-4 swarm 3s.

as i said, 12 for a total of nothing for me. for something as expensive as harvester farming, this has to be an exchange. I'll never do this bullshit again for sure

• RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Like I said in the other thread...

Hold onto your lower level swarms! There are plans to use them coming KIXEYESOON(tm), I'll leave it to Scarlett to announce when we've locked down the details.
    LOL even kixeye knows they working slow KIXEYESOON :trollface:
  • Cooper999
    Cooper999
    Potential Threat
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 30
    Don't cry now!  Event treated you just as kixeye designed it too.
  • Chyrs
    Chyrs
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 373

You're the stupid one if you're still spending time/money on this dead(/perfect standard f2p) game.

• Chyrs
    Chyrs
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 373

@Manni-Gaming said:
    Lol... As if they would even remotely consider that. Of course it would fair given how many hundreds of hours of repair time we took for these level I's that we don't even want to have or use and considering how many loots were taken away from us due to being over the time of the Decimation Phase at the end or due to the carrier having 5% HP left and regenerating at 100%. This would be a fair compensation ... and that's why it would never come. The last thing Kixeye has proovedn to be... is fair.

Who was crying and saying he wouldn't spend more of his money [his money = donations for "quality content"] on this "game"?

• marton.keri
    marton.keri
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 525
    There is no other...

I think your original question is wrong. It shouldn't be random drop to begin with. It should be purchasable, for a ton of points, which obviously harvesters drop the most.
    This lottery, and enforcement of taking HUGE dmg while attacking harvester is total BS.
  • marton.keri
    marton.keri
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 525
    Did you buy coins for this event?
  • Sonidojoo
    Sonidojoo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 2,713
    edited 19 Dec 2016, 4:01PM
    Yes Allow an Exchange
    purchasable for reasonable price,without requirement for redeyed 20h a day farming for 4 days

i got lvl 1 and lvl 2 swarms, killed only 2 lvl 70 harveseters, but i'm both hands with this idea
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Did you buy coins for this event?
    he did buy new carrier mk stuff because people wanted him to do and also used some of these coins for repairs on livestream. dont think he buy coins specialy for this event.
  • John the Savage
    John the Savage
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 956
    Yes Allow an Exchange
    Like I said in the other thread...

Hold onto your lower level swarms! There are plans to use them coming KIXEYESOON(tm), I'll leave it to Scarlett to announce when we've locked down the details.
    What do you mean, hold on to them?

There is no way to delete useless reusable crap.....
  • KnightAero
    KnightAero
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 31
    Yes Allow an Exchange
    I think he means... Don't put them on trollers... 
    AS then you would need to unfit them and lose refit time.
  • Mr TopGear
    Mr TopGear
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 2,066
    lvl 1 and 2 swarms should fit nicely on a legion battleship
    The problem with this game is the power curves. Just look at the graphs I made. Said no vega conflict player ever

• Collin Leung
    Collin Leung
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 337

IF we had a exchange to lvs 2/3 we might as well not have lv1

• Optimus815
    Optimus815
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 393
    stop crying i got to 350k and couldn't fight one and i have 3 fleets i could have used so stop crying i got ZERO.
    Nice philosophy: "I got non and so should you regarldess of how much effort you put into this". Lol...
    I farmed the whole event. I got 350k and got reinforced rails. I even kept my sector from resetting. Thank you very much. 

Spell check non is "none