650 000 pnts farming lvl 27 fleets

MechDog2395
MechDog2395
Skilled Warrior
Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 509

Just thought I'd share my recent experiences with Riot Events

Last two Riot events, I have been pulling the remaining hairs out of scalp trying to figure out the best way to farm the high level Vsec fleets. I checked the forums, Manni's videos (which are awesome BTW) and I have been practicing and honing my piloting skills.

Guess what?

It turns out that farming the little 27 Vsec fleets is more efficient...

Here's why:

Hanging out near the Vsec lanes "fishing" for the right level Vsec fleet is just as tedious and time consuming as grinding. Not only that, but one slip up or server disconnect would see an entire fleet wasted. I am what you would call a "mid to high level" player and the best I could do against a level 50 Vsec is an 1.5 hr repair time. However, against level 27, I can use the same fleets 3 times before going for repairs and worst case scenario my repair time would be 9 min.

In a half hour, I would net 50 000 pnts attacking the high level Vsec fleets. Attacking the low level Vsec fleets would net me 100 000 pnts in the same amount of time. This is mainly because the level 27 fleets are all in-planet and more numerous.

So do the math. In about 3.5 hours, I netted 650 000 pnts just by farming the lvl 27 fleets (Vsecs and Vega cargo fleets).

I'm hoping that one day I can farm the higher level Vsecs with greater ease but I just (IMO) don't have the necessary tech.

Next Riot event, I am going to see if my strategy still holds and try to land the grand prize (1 250 000 pnts).

• Sonidojoo
    Sonidojoo
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 2,713
    edited 24 Oct 2016, 2:59PM
    try lvl 27 battalions its even better coz of better spawn and slower flying speed
    with 7 auto fleets u can do complete riot in about 10 hours
  • MechDog2395
    MechDog2395
    Skilled Warrior
    Sonidojoo said:
    try lvl 27 battalions its even better coz of better spawn and slower flying speed
    with 7 auto fleets u can do complete riot in about 10 hours

Will do! Thanks!
  • Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,843
    When I was a little base I used to get the ship prize by spamming level 27 cargos
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • Denali's Sheridan
    Denali's Sheridan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 2
    Can you guys share a Build for this? i would love to get a 'end game' ship, and am hoping to put some decent fleets under my belt
  • Donald Archer55
    Donald Archer55
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 231
    Check Manni's insta broads.
    I use them to farm 27 while at work and can't pilot, but killing ISC 60. you get 60k a pop, and you can finish the event really quickly.

• MechDog2395
    MechDog2395
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 26 Oct 2016, 3:16PM
    If you don't have a Mark V battleship fleet - you're really just a mid level player in my opinion. Just saying - base level is completely irrelevant

Most of my Furies are MK IV actually but that is irrelevant when I am farming lvl 27 fleets for the Riot Events. I know the broadsword fleet is the goto build for auto-farming but I find if your fleet level is above 34, you can send them on multiple runs (2 to 3) in-planet without having to return for repairs.

• Mark V Pathfinder
    Mark V Pathfinder
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 604
    I use them to farm 27 while at work and can't pilot, but killing ISC 60. you get 60k a pop, and you can finish the event really quickly.

Insta broads are for skillless ****, the day that the broadswords health is buffed and they are no longer insta will be a happy day indeed 

• MechDog2395
    MechDog2395
    Skilled Warrior

Insta broads are for skillless ****, the day that the broadswords health is buffed and they are no longer insta will be a happy day indeed 

And yet, the "skilless ****" will rank up the points twice as fast as anyone who has honed their piloting skills. That was the whole point of my post. Rather than take the time to figure out the best strategy against the level 50 Vsec and take manual control of the individual ships during combat, it was more cost effective to spam smaller auto-fleets and leave them on auto. We see this happening in CW too (as I am sure you are aware).

• Denali's Sheridan
    Denali's Sheridan
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 2
    Does anyone have a link to the instant-broads? I'm at school (Im alaskan) so trying to look at youtube atm is difficult 
  • MechDog2395
    MechDog2395
    Skilled Warrior
    Does anyone have a link to the instant-broads? I'm at school (Im alaskan) so trying to look at youtube atm is difficult 

https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-universal-5107044

From our good friend Manni

• TheHolyAsdf
    TheHolyAsdf
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 1,389
    If you don't have a Mark V battleship fleet - you're really just a mid level player in my opinion. Just saying - base level is completely irrelevant

Most of my Furies are MK IV actually but that is irrelevant when I am farming lvl 27 fleets for the Riot Events. I know the broadsword fleet is the goto build for auto-farming but I find if your fleet level is above 34, you can send them on multiple runs (2 to 3) in-planet without having to return for repairs.

Do you have NET II+ on your Fury battleships? If you do that you pair that with Vector, you should be able to kill level 50s with 0 damage.
  • Worthington3
    Worthington3
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 713
    Do you have NET II+ on your Fury battleships? If you do that you pair that with Vector, you should be able to kill level 50s with 0 damage.
    Strafe or Fusion?

Midgard or no Midgard?

Also heard they can be done with a solo ship?
  • Darth Ironclad
    Darth Ironclad
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 550
    i got the heretic from spamming 27s(all types) with 7 insta ranc fleets by farming 300K per day(350K for 1 of the days)
  • steamaets
    steamaets
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 39

Look, if you can get net 2 and really any level of vector torp. U can effectively farm lvl 45 vsec battalions. Try this, build a high level venom with either lvl 4 rear or fusion 3 thrusters, no armor, no shield and . focus on hitting the highest lvl battalion fleet you can, while still having your "spam fleets" attacking the 27s. This method was how i earned the lance a month ago.

• newport992
    newport992
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2016 Posts: 66

I was on this very same boat im sure we all have, it was only a few months ago when I got my zeals fitted with vector torps and volatile fuel and a midgard with bombers, then my days of hitting 27s repeatedly and fighting for vsec near wormholes was over and now I'm happily farming 60s finishing riots in a few hours with insta repair feels like a huge accomplishment now that I think about it, you will get there soon too bud :smile:

• PinkFloyd19
    PinkFloyd19
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 27
    I have a "main fleet" of three Aurora Dreads and two Vector NET Venoms that I use to farm up to 50 Vsec during events. While I'm waiting for the right fleet, as mentioned, I pop back onto to the planet and tag 27s with my insta Rancs. Yes it's more efficient to farm planet if you don't have a high enough level fleet to hit anything in the sector, but this is ultimately the most efficient way. Hitting four 50s is nearly an hours worth of 27 farming.
  • PhantomRanger
    PhantomRanger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 271
    so use the insta broads Manni provided us and attack Vsec 27s in planets?
  • Brent Burton
    Brent Burton
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 40

Iron star Raiders level 60 if you don't want to deal with the carrier or leave it out let the time run out you have complete the whole riot in the few hours can be done with battleships and takes zero damage consistently

• RaptureAkaDino
    RaptureAkaDino
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,029
    if done proper you earn about 100k points every 50minutes. its super effective and just needs you to be patient lol
  • djjewjwjesj
    djjewjwjesj
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 11

Use bot
    easiest way.

• Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,794

Hey DJ Jew, explain your bot for everyone.

• Rapture90
    Rapture90
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 318

Just thought I'd share my recent experiences with Riot Events

Last two Riot events, I have been pulling the remaining hairs out of scalp trying to figure out the best way to farm the high level Vsec fleets. I checked the forums, Manni's videos (which are awesome BTW) and I have been practicing and honing my piloting skills.

Guess what?

It turns out that farming the little 27 Vsec fleets is more efficient...

Here's why:

Hanging out near the Vsec lanes "fishing" for the right level Vsec fleet is just as tedious and time consuming as grinding. Not only that, but one slip up or server disconnect would see an entire fleet wasted. I am what you would call a "mid to high level" player and the best I could do against a level 50 Vsec is an 1.5 hr repair time. However, against level 27, I can use the same fleets 3 times before going for repairs and worst case scenario my repair time would be 9 min.

In a half hour, I would net 50 000 pnts attacking the high level Vsec fleets. Attacking the low level Vsec fleets would net me 100 000 pnts in the same amount of time. This is mainly because the level 27 fleets are all in-planet and more numerous.

So do the math. In about 3.5 hours, I netted 650 000 pnts just by farming the lvl 27 fleets (Vsecs and Vega cargo fleets).

I'm hoping that one day I can farm the higher level Vsecs with greater ease but I just (IMO) don't have the necessary tech.

Next Riot event, I am going to see if my strategy still holds and try to land the grand prize (1 250 000 pnts).

i could of told you this 2 years ago, i already tell my alliance but they dont look at the facts. also free repair if you use insta ships makes i a lot faster especially running 7 fleets. in events i earn 105k per 50mins and that's every 50mins consistant points. same with riots your earn so much from ittin 27s if you have patience and dont mind the grind it is a lot better instead of waiting hours for reps haha

• Master of Warring
    Master of Warring
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 3,843
    AH A NECRO POST SPAZZ OUT!!!!!
     #Kixeyelogic  http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Derp         "Only a farmer's base can endure the invaders of beyond" - Voidonymous
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination
      image  "0% damage means the game is broken."   - Paul Preece
  • Dirt Gee
    Dirt Gee
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 870

They love to call post NECRO cause they dont wanna hear it. if people are responding it must still be relevant maybe not to you cause it does not affect you. But you do have new players everyday thats gonna come to the same problems the next person has maybe you mods should understand that or close the post thats your job not to down talk the members thats un-professional

• Dirt Gee
    Dirt Gee
    Strike-force Captain

You dont see any 27's in this Alien Decimation do you nope cause your info is used against u

• RustyRobot
    RustyRobot
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,206

This is an interesting perspective, but I have to say if you don't have a battleship fleet capable of taking out an ISC 60, you aren't past the mid game yet.

Using a fleet of mkd cruisers or battleships it's even possible to kill ISC 65s with little to no repair. Netting you ~56k intel ever 5 minutes, it's significantly more efficient.

Personally I finish riots up to the 1.1-1.3 million loot mark in under an hour, reaching upwards of 2.5-3 (for loot exchange) in around 3 hours. I think I'd rather keep doing that, but that's just me.

Level: 66
    Hours: 2,610
    Hand Crafted Mk. E Ships: 2
  • Dirt Gee
    Dirt Gee
    Strike-force Captain

U got to be really desperate to fight 1k or more fights fighting 27's i can barely fight 10 fights now that all the new stuff going on and changes

• SkyBuster
    SkyBuster
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 2,973

Why won't you kill 65 and 60 ISC supply fleets

• Harlan Harvey
    Harlan Harvey
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 1,794

This post has gone on long enough. Soon Gdiax will start his dungeons and dragons incantations and this thread will finally get closed. I hope...