The End?

Slick146
Slick146
Greenhorn
Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 16
Hello everyone,

Most of you are probably busy already farming the res needed to upgrade your bridge to level 6 and have already had a taste of the cost. Thanks to Fat Chickens, we have the res cost and some build times for the bridge and fleetbay (the others are not included).

Bridge VI to Bridge VII:
Cost: 516.5m Ore, 310.8m Anti
Time: 12d 9hr

Fleetbay XII to XIII:
Cost: 1.037b Ore, 911.8m Anti
Time: Unknown (At the time of this posting)

Estimated Coin and USD cost:
$3000 USD --> 375k coins

With the new fleet mass for fleetbay 13, there will be 65+ fleets being sent out. Mark 5 damocles with the new infernal Wave driver can have upwards to 480 dps (25% phase damage mind you as well) which has enough power to still deal with the new base upgrades effectively. 
As it stands, the tier 4 ships will be obsolete when facing Demon Corp ships and the new tier 6 factions (Assuming Kixeye follows their linear trend). The cost to obtain these fleets is already $200 USD due to the skimping of materials required to upgrade ships inside the coin offers.

While trying to remain unbiased and optimistic, updates similar to these in other games have been considered a death sentence, a last ditch effort to get the whales to spend as much as possible before the game finally becomes dormant. The costs, the current metas, the tech, time and money required to do anything inside the game has reached a point where it's not feasible for those not completely dedicated (or having a lot of spare money to spend).

I guess we will see how things unfold!
  • TsunamiXB
    TsunamiXB
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 759
    Coined my name change. Was free coin anyway.
  • Todd7123
    Todd7123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,109

Game will not die many are now in the middle of upgrades and new fleet planning.

It will be very different in about 30 days and that will be ok.

Play styles will change as will the new meta.

There is still no other space themed cross platform game that allowes precise individual ship control and builds like vega does.

It's quite unique and therefore still viable for some time.

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • genkhis
    genkhis
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 64
    again after the previous **** rebalance, i feel like im level 35 again, and now that i survived and the tier6 are coming, again im going back to that same feeling im back to level 35 again... how much more the new player base. I also want to up the previous post before this, very well said mate.
  • Ubertrainer
    Ubertrainer
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 721

@Todd7123 said:
    Game will not die many are now in the middle of upgrades and new fleet planning.

There is still no other space themed cross platform game that allowes precise individual ship control and builds like vega does.

Still got your head firmly planted in the sand.

• jimmerbobber
    jimmerbobber
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2016 Posts: 73
    Instead of T6 it should have been a T5.5. Harder to get legendary weapons, maybe just reusable tech. A tweaked version of the ISC ships, maybe taken by alien tech or something. Not a complete whole new level to create an even larger gap
  • campbellr66
    campbellr66
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 139

@gundamcp8888 said:
    Best way to comfort yourselves is let players like fat chicken coin. Just sit back and relax and play at your own pace without coin.

I guess we can play with fleet lvl 40 or less

Starting to enjoy civil war once I just accepted people will only use tier 2 and 3 ships and just did the pvp thing with old ships

• kell2016
    kell2016
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 236

@STORM_BREAKER said:
    This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!! RIP VEGA CONFLICT !!! This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!

What are you saying?

• redrat_thezip
    redrat_thezip
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 352
    kell2016 said:

@STORM_BREAKER said:
    This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!! This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!! RIP VEGA CONFLICT !!! This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!This is the END!!!

What are you saying?

This is the END!!!
  • RaniRahn
    RaniRahn
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,703
    edited 23 Nov 2016, 9:44AM
    oversky said:
    Paul Preece jizzed his pants when he saw Zissis spend $3k in 10 minutes. This game will die soon enough and Kix will focus on a new game. These base and fleet "upgrades" are just a clear attempt at squeezing some more coins out of the players with the least amount of development effort from Kix. No new content, just some stat changes to existing tech.
    Oh dont worry. I will use every coin i have but i dont buy ever more so they soon will know that coin usage dont give them more money. I just cant spend coins by accident if i dont have any :tongue:

My POLL get deleted but last results where that 16% where optimistic about the game. Did not expect this game will die. 13% give it another year and 71% think that next year is last for vega. But thats only 1% of playerbase that thinks that way :tongue:
    52 45 38 67 54 6b 39 55 49 45 4a 56 57 53 42 44 54 30 6c 4f 55 79 45 3d
  • SkyBuster
    SkyBuster
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 2,973

@Todd7123 said:

Beyond Dark.

Do not need individusl ship control

• Criminal Phillip BV
    Criminal Phillip BV
    Master Tactician
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 2,131
    oversky said:
    Paul Preece jizzed his pants when he saw Zissis spend $3k in 10 minutes. This game will die soon enough and Kix will focus on a new game. These base and fleet "upgrades" are just a clear attempt at squeezing some more coins out of the players with the least amount of development effort from Kix. No new content, just some stat changes to existing tech.
    he did not spend 3K in 10 minutes

He abused a glitch in the system where he could reset his base and he got to re spend every coin he had purchased up to that point.

So in reality it has cost him nothing to "coin" these upgrades.

Zissis has spent in excess of $60K on this game, talk about a waste of money but this is the same guy who spends $10K on a new paint job on his 20 year old **** box
  • Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 438
    edited 23 Nov 2016, 2:11PM
     I am going back to a casual mobile time killing gaming with vega. Waiting for the bus, train, plane, etc.

• Tuco716
    Tuco716
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 360
  • Tuco716
    Tuco716
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 360
    Expanding resources to bridge 11 and beyond is in itself not the end. It brings everyone back to a point from the early game when bases were still being constructed.

Now, changing things retroactively and designing a game to squeeze as much money out of people at the expenses of a good game, that's a sign of the end of days for VC.
  • gerard manjoue
    gerard manjoue
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 667
    Todd7123 said:

Stop lying yourself Todd, of course some addict people can't cut the rope but most of regular players will do and already have. Rare heavy coiners will soon dominate a virtual desert. Bases would disappear one after another and no one would be happy then.

You and other mods would also be accountable for that by not voicing enough players grunt and just keeping eyes closed and assuming a low profile in exchange of some thousands of coins.

• Todd7123
    Todd7123
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,109

@gerard manjoue said:
    Todd7123 said:

Stop lying yourself Todd, of course some addict people can't cut the rope but most of regular players will do and already have. Rare heavy coiners will soon dominate a virtual desert. Bases would disappear one after another and no one would be happy then.

You and other mods would also be accountable for that by not voicing enough players grunt and just keeping eyes closed and assuming a low profile in exchange of some thousands of coins.

Well we will see

Oh and on a side note you have no idea of what if any or hundreds of player issues inmay or may not have communicated up to the cm teams. Quite frankly it's inconsiderate to assume I have or haven't.

Just FYI I'm opposed to the skirmish change and the lowering of maximum range on the storm driver. But guess what those changes are staying. I was also opposed to Lowering build time on ships and we won't even mention the R word here.

I'll spend the next few weeks upgrading to FB 13 and see If i still like the game and enjoy playing. But I'll be ready with fleets the min it goes live in my base just to test it same as FB 11.

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • Khemul
    Khemul
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,436

@SkyBuster said:

@Todd7123 said:

Beyond Dark.

Do not need individusl ship control

Vaporware.

Which is a shame because its a great concept. But it is a bit unrealistic in its current promises. Either they're milking their investors or they'll rewrite and shift to a more viable profit model.

• pegasusman
    pegasusman
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 28
    Todd7123 said:

I'll spend the next few weeks upgrading to FB 13...

No, you won't.
    Either you coin massively or you're looking at 3 months of upgrading stuf you don't care about until you finally get FB13.
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

@Todd7123 said:

@gerard manjoue said:
    Todd7123 said:

Well we will see

Oh and on a side note you have no idea of what if any or hundreds of player issues inmay or may not have communicated up to the cm teams. Quite frankly it's inconsiderate to assume I have or haven't.

Just FYI I'm opposed to the skirmish change and the lowering of maximum range on the storm driver. But guess what those changes are staying. I was also opposed to Lowering build time on ships and we won't even mention the R word here.

I'll spend the next few weeks upgrading to FB 13 and see If i still like the game and enjoy playing. But I'll be ready with fleets the min it goes live in my base just to test it same as FB 11.

I have never thought the cms dont pass up our complaints just that the people in charge just dont care and that they intentionally feed the cms lies and the cms relay the lies not knowing that they were lies.