Make the Destiny useful again!

ChandraArgentis
ChandraArgentis
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,120
edited 18 Oct 2016, 3:54AM
@KIXEYE Swag
The community almost universally agrees.  The Destiny needs a buff.  It's currently a BP ship that is, in every aspect, worse than the closest ship to it, the exodus.  

For starters, here is a comparison between the two:

As you can see, in every category, the Destiny falls short of its counter-art, the Exodus.  There is literally no reason to ever use one at this time.  There have been a few proposed fixes to this clear problem, which I will now list for you to vote on.

Make the Destiny into a Corvette:

Make them Corvettes, and give Corvettes a small speed boost over Cruisers.  

Cruisers are:   Combat Speed: 320 m/s | Turning Speed: 20 deg/s | Strafe Speed: 150 m/s | Sector Speed: 270 AU/h
Corvettes are: Combat Speed: 300 m/s | Turning Speed: 30 deg/s | Strafe Speed: 140 m/s | Sector Speed: 240 AU/h

Buff Corvette to: Combat Speed: 350 m/s | Turning Speed: 30 deg/s | Strafe Speed: 140 m/s | Sector Speed: 320 AU/h

Do that, and you'll see Destinies being used again.  It also wouldn't unbalance anything, as the Pathfinder and Voyager don't have the mass to do jack.  The Destiny is already built to work decently with those kind of stats without being any more OP than they used to be.

Make the Destiny a low-tier Cutter:
Why not turn it into cutter class? There is no T2 cutter, but two cruisers and one of them is useless.
Kixeye love cutters, so they can make another from Destiny :)

Make the Destiny useful again! 28 votes

Make the Destiny a Corvette. Don't buff Corvettes.
0%
Make the Destiny a Corvette. Buff Corvettes slightly.
35%
RANGEMASTER6alpix355RealGammaHawkAsrielDreemurrLokkenJPAn evil mopChandraArgentisPotatoPrimeHDWorthington3Casey Lewis-Callahan 10 votes
Make the Destiny a Cutter.
17%
Destoryer Of WorldsCM Scarlettcoolman129921StuffyEvilOrcaLord26 5 votes
Make the Destiny a Corvette. Don't buff Corvettes. Give it a Mk4 variant.
3%
PhantomRanger 1 vote
Make the Destiny a Corvette. Buff Corvettes slightly. Give it a Mk4 variant.
10%
YourakkColinsTechWingman646 3 votes
Make the Destiny a Cutter. Give it a Mk4 variant.
7%
Darth IroncladJollyRogerLoL 2 votes
I like it as-is.
0%
Something else, I'll post in the comments).
14%
mason.dixenxcvxvxBrutalitywarlordDarkIron2500 4 votes
Something else, but I'm too lazy to type it.
10%
Th3EndIsNighMatt HywoodKhemul 3 votes
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,727

I wouldnt make it a corvette again because the range arc could kinda make it op as hell... t2 cutter makes sense though

just existing at this point

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

Also anything t2 will always only have up to mk3 not mk4

• CM Scarlett
    CM Scarlett
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,026
    Make the Destiny a Cutter.

I wouldnt make it a corvette again because the range arc could kinda make it op as hell... t2 cutter makes sense though

I for one would like to see the Destiny come back, but as you point out classing it as a Corvette would give it a 360 degree range arc. I'll keep an eye on this poll and pass up any interesting information.
    Submit ideas and feedback
    >>>r/VEGAConflict<<<

• Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443
    I for one would like to see the Destiny come back, but as you point out classing it as a Corvette would give it a 360 degree range arc. I'll keep an eye on this poll and pass up any interesting information.

I think the 360° firing arc has a much needed place in Vega Conflict. It's sad that you everyone goes through the tutorials and gets the ability to play around with corvettes and then as the game goes on, it's just a wasted space taking up residence in the possible choices in the ship factory. We need corvettes that are both competitive end-game and useful for something other than getting through the tutorial and using as a placeholder for entry level farming until you can upgrade your noob fleets to be nothing less than cruisers and frigates. It would NOT be OP as hell as Nightmare Deathlock said, since the firing arc is significantly smaller than almost any other ship. The firing arc could even be extended by a hundred or two meters. 
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader

The destiny used to be OP because of the sheer speed of the ship.  Giving it a 360 degree range arc would actually be less OP than it originally was, especially if it goes at the current Corvette Speed of 300.  People have also been asking for a bigger Corvette for a while, and doing that would make it quite unique.

I think the 360° firing arc has a much needed place in Vega Conflict. It's sad that you everyone goes through the tutorials and gets the ability to play around with corvettes and then as the game goes on, it's just a wasted space taking up residence in the possible choices in the ship factory. We need corvettes that are both competitive end-game and useful for something other than getting through the tutorial and using as a placeholder for entry level farming until you can upgrade your noob fleets to be nothing less than cruisers and frigates. It would NOT be OP as hell as Nightmare Deathlock said, since the firing arc is significantly smaller than almost any other ship. The firing arc could even be extended by a hundred or two meters. 

Agreed.  When you think about it too, the base speed of a Corvette is 300.  A Cruiser is 320.  That means that, assuming both use the same thrusters, a Cruiser will always catch up to a Corvette.  The 360 degree arc wouldn't unbalance it significantly, but would give it an edge that would make it useful again.
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

The 360 arc means guaranteed damage if you havent realized that. As for the 300 speed its still faster than the battleship (by far the most widely used pvp hull)... so destiny can potentially become op in some cases with this... and as for its tier anything ranked uncommon is considered t2 and will stay that way the hull isnt fit to be considered t3 at all and certainly cant match the t3 taipan... and if it did become a corvette its still a t2 hull as thats the next rank up (and would still be considered that since it was the true final corvette when it had that name... it was changed to cruiser do to the firing arc)

• PhantomRanger
    PhantomRanger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 270
    Make the Destiny a Corvette. Don't buff Corvettes. Give it a Mk4 variant.
    I 100%  agree with ANY BUFFS to the Destiny!
    However it does NOT look like a Cutter :P
  • lC4RUS
    lC4RUS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 424
    Some change to the destiny would be cool. It could be a great ship for new players when they get this BP.  For me as an end game player no matter what change is made to this ship i would still not use it because i have all the good BP and almost all the event hulls.  T2 and T3 hulls dont get used much by me anymore
    -LMF-  ICARUS
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    edited 19 Oct 2016, 5:41AM
    lC4RUS said:
    Some change to the destiny would be cool. It could be a great ship for new players when they get this BP.  For me as an end game player no matter what change is made to this ship i would still not use it because i have all the good BP and almost all the event hulls.  T2 and T3 hulls dont get used much by me anymore

Idunno, I could see it having some use in a CW.  There's a lot of lower-level fleets in a CW that it might could be used against again.
    You're mostly right though.  Still, as-is, it's totally useless.  
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

Honestly the destiny should just stay with the cruiser class but have maybe a buff in mass and maybe a extra slot at mk2 and 3... (say another special and another armor) that would enhance it drastically to at least rival the exodus

• DarkIron2500
    DarkIron2500
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 207
    Generally the Destiny I have always considered to be a light cruiser with high speed, above it shows they have the same base speed so I think that it needs a speed, turning and/or strafe increase. 
    Born in 12500 

The ashes of Ethereal have given way for a new alliance. 

• ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader

Honestly the destiny should just stay with the cruiser class but have maybe a buff in mass and maybe a extra slot at mk2 and 3... (say another special and another armor) that would enhance it drastically to at least rival the exodus

While that too would work, it does kind of violate the spirit of the hull.  By that, I mean it being a more agile ship.
  • xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,111
    @KIXEYE Swag
    The community almost universally agrees.  The Destiny needs a buff.  It's currently a BP ship that is, in every aspect, worse than the closest ship to it, the exodus.  

As you can see, in every category, the Destiny falls short of its counter-art, the Exodus.  There is literally no reason to ever use one at this time.  There have been a few proposed fixes to this clear problem, which I will now list for you to vote on.

Cruisers are:   Combat Speed: 320 m/s | Turning Speed: 20 deg/s | Strafe Speed: 150 m/s | Sector Speed: 270 AU/h
    Corvettes are: Combat Speed: 300 m/s | Turning Speed: 30 deg/s | Strafe Speed: 140 m/s | Sector Speed: 240 AU/h

Buff Corvette to: Combat Speed: 350 m/s | Turning Speed: 30 deg/s | Strafe Speed: 140 m/s | Sector Speed: 320 AU/h

Do that, and you'll see Destinies being used again.  It also wouldn't unbalance anything, as the Pathfinder and Voyager don't have the mass to do jack.  The Destiny is already built to work decently with those kind of stats without being any more OP than they used to be.

Why not turn it into cutter class? There is no T2 cutter, but two cruisers and one of them is useless.
    Cutters suck,not enough firing arc  I use cutters but the destiny is more useful in farming due to the cutter speed not being controllable   1st get rid of the silly rock,paper scissors. 2nd another special slot mark up to mk 5 one ton more mass.  Bring back the swarm !  part of the came is fun!  constant farming is not fun.  waiting a week or more for construction is not fun  minor changes are 7-14 or more hours a refit would have people coining because that is what is needed. More range for projectiles no min.
  • Brutalitywarlord
    Brutalitywarlord
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 111
    I would just give it its original speed boost back, that was the only thing that made it worthwhile
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    edited 19 Oct 2016, 8:26PM
    xcvxvx said:
    @KIXEYE Swag

Cutters suck,not enough firing arc  I use cutters but the destiny is more useful in farming due to the cutter speed not being controllable   1st get rid of the silly rock,paper scissors. 2nd another special slot mark up to mk 5 one ton more mass.  Bring back the swarm !  part of the came is fun!  constant farming is not fun.  waiting a week or more for construction is not fun  minor changes are 7-14 or more hours a refit would have people coining because that is what is needed. More range for projectiles no min.

Pardon?  I suggest you re-read the OP.  As you can see from the stat image that you quoted, the Destiny is categorically identical or worse, when compared to its closest counterpart, the Exodus.

I would just give it its original speed boost back, that was the only thing that made it worthwhile

That's no longer feasible.  The "Great Grand Rebalance" normalized speeds so that every ship in the same class is identical to every other ship in the same class.  The only feasible way of changing that is to give the Destiny a different ship class.
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

@ChandraArgentis said:
    Nightmare Deathlock said:

While that too would work, it does kind of violate the spirit of the hull.  By that, I mean it being a more agile ship.

Blame the rebalance for that... more than the destiny were hurt by the speed changes... what made the destiny even more unique (and it still has this) is its smaller hit box... the size of the hull makes it tough to hit unless energy weapons are used...

• ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader

@ChandraArgentis said:
    Nightmare Deathlock said:

Blame the rebalance for that... more than the destiny were hurt by the speed changes... what made the destiny even more unique (and it still has this) is its smaller hit box... the size of the hull makes it tough to hit unless energy weapons are used...

While it is true that other hulls took a hit too, the Destiny was the hardest-hit of all of the currently attainable ships.  By that, I mean that while many got a massive nerf, only the Destiny was nerfed to be mostly useless.
  • RANGEMASTER6
    RANGEMASTER6
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 694
    ummhh can i give my advice here?
    Destiny corvetes only got 270 degree arc instead of 360 no scope,yknow the event ships that appear when you defending your base from the Vegans.
    I mean those things are easy to move around,small,and still retain 270 arc,and mk5 to booth too.
    BTW why rebels T3s dont get mkV upgrade like the Vegans does?
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

@RANGEMASTER6 said:
    ummhh can i give my advice here?
    Destiny corvetes only got 270 degree arc instead of 360 no scope,yknow the event ships that appear when you defending your base from the Vegans.
    I mean those things are easy to move around,small,and still retain 270 arc,and mk5 to booth too.
    BTW why rebels T3s dont get mkV upgrade like the Vegans does?

Clearly you are blind... destiny maxs out at mk3 and equals the speed of every cruiser... ITS WEAKER THAN THE EXODUS. And vega ships are all t4 except destiny which is T2

• Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443
    I feel we have fallen off the wagon here. Kixeye won't ever implement something if you all can't agree on anything.

BY DEFINITION:
    an OP ship/item is something that is nearly impossible to stop....like the Unstable Reactor. Having the Destiny become a corvette and having a 360° firing arc does not make it OP...that's just stupid. The range of a battleship is far greater than a corvette's would ever be, so how you drew that conclusion, Nightmare, is beyond me. Sounds like you don't want anything that could possibly rival a battleship fleet other than a cutter. Well we need SOMETHING that can stir the pot and stop the end-game spam of Rag BS fleets that can pretty much kill anything but Pythons. The Hellfire, with it's weapon capabilities, unique specials, and armored thruster is OP. I think there SHOULD be something to counter it without having to purchase a coin offer. 

What we are actually talking about here is reviving a class of ship that has absolutely no use in the game so that it does...and that it can be competitive so that there is a reason to actually build one.

The destiny as a cruiser just doesn't make sense anymore. It needs it's speed boost back, we can agree on that. (Not a cruiser then) It needs to still have a larger firing arc than a cutter, seems that we agree on that. (Not a cutter then) And we want to bring back the corvette class of ships....so logically a corvette revive is the only sensible answer.

Please anyone at all, please explain, in detail, how the destiny as a corvette is over powered. I would love to hear the reasoning behind that.

Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    I feel we have fallen off the wagon here. Kixeye won't ever implement something if you all can't agree on anything.

BY DEFINITION:
    an OP ship/item is something that is nearly impossible to stop....like the Unstable Reactor. Having the Destiny become a corvette and having a 360° firing arc does not make it OP...that's just stupid. The range of a battleship is far greater than a corvette's would ever be, so how you drew that conclusion, Nightmare, is beyond me. Sounds like you don't want anything that could possibly rival a battleship fleet other than a cutter. Well we need SOMETHING that can stir the pot and stop the end-game spam of Rag BS fleets that can pretty much kill anything but Pythons. The Hellfire, with it's weapon capabilities, unique specials, and armored thruster is OP. I think there SHOULD be something to counter it without having to purchase a coin offer. 

What we are actually talking about here is reviving a class of ship that has absolutely no use in the game so that it does...and that it can be competitive so that there is a reason to actually build one.

The destiny as a cruiser just doesn't make sense anymore. It needs it's speed boost back, we can agree on that. (Not a cruiser then) It needs to still have a larger firing arc than a cutter, seems that we agree on that. (Not a cutter then) And we want to bring back the corvette class of ships....so logically a corvette revive is the only sensible answer.

Please anyone at all, please explain, in detail, how the destiny as a corvette is over powered. I would love to hear the reasoning behind that.

Well, if you go with my proposed plan, it would make it slightly OP, but then, it always was, wasn't it?  I used to use a Destiny to solo entire fleets before the speed nerf.  It would not, however, unbalance endgame.  At worst, we'd start seeing the Destiny make a return in CWs (where there are a lot of lower-level fleets).
    Since buffing Corvettes would only affect 3 ships, it would be a nice test to see if we could have more Corvettes in-game, again, without unbalancing the game, as Destinies are a low-tier ship.  

I completely agree.  It makes a great test case for bringing bigger Corvettes into the game - something I would love to see.
  • xcvxvx
    xcvxvx
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 1,111
    edited 20 Oct 2016, 7:34PM
    xcvxvx said:
    @KIXEYE Swag

Pardon?  I suggest you re-read the OP.  As you can see from the stat image that you quoted, the Destiny is categorically identical or worse, when compared to its closest counterpart, the Exodus.

That's no longer feasible.  The "Great Grand Rebalance" normalized speeds so that every ship in the same class is identical to every other ship in the same class.  The only feasible way of changing that is to give the Destiny a different ship class.
    stats do not tell the whole story.  Destiny with care is used effectively where exodus never survives.    It is learning to employ them effectively.  yes more mass and mk up to 5 would be great but keep them.     I do not believe anyone is truly served by tier of ships.  it reduces choice and creativity.  Of course we will have complaints when someone discovers a new trick.
       Right now I farm so that is what my fleets do as it is not worth getting the highest only to have it nerfed or some op then nerfed . 
    Usage is what makes the ship fun. 
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    edited 25 Oct 2016, 1:01AM
    I just had a great idea to make them useful again - dust armor.  After not being used for 2 weeks, ships start gaining a stacking 1% bonus armor every day.  So, after 114 days, a ship will have twice its regular armor in 'dust'.  This armor would, of course, be non-repairable, and would come of first, as soon as a shot bypasses shields.

I'm only partly kidding here.  This wouldn't be a horrible idea...
  • FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord

@ChandraArgentis said:
    I just had a great idea to make them useful again - dust armor.  After not being used for 2 weeks, ships start gaining a stacking 1% bonus armor every day.  So, after 114 days, a ship will have twice its regular armor in 'dust'.  This armor would, of course, be non-repairable, and would come of first, as soon as a shot bypasses shields.

That would be hilarious for a voyager corvette xD 3 years worth of not using one lol

• ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader

@ChandraArgentis said:

That would be hilarious for a voyager corvette xD 3 years worth of not using one lol

Pathfinders too.  ;)