Has a refit bay ever been mentioned?

ApolloVTU
ApolloVTU
Minor Nuisance
Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 177
I treat the game as if I were to go to an arcade.. 

I don't mind spending $5 -$20 a week. As this is within in my limited budget of "fun" money. My first platform was Atari. As a wee little fella then, now gaming is in my blood.

I only spend as little coin as possible.. more fleets and ships allows this to be reduced further.. at this point I know what I'm doing with farming, riots and events. And Still find myself playing more often than I probably should. •Fun Game

Side note/ I've never built a blank hull to this very date. 1.5 years into the game (Never thought of it, but seems to be a thing..odd)
I use the Ship Calculator and at this point. Only build when I have a Mk4 set ready to be applied..

For me. I have so many ships I would love to be able to re fit. Weapons and specials that go unexplored. All in the attempt to keep up with the meta/cookie cutter fleets that 90% players use" Granted, they Work!

Earlier in the game it was fun to explore different tech.. I miss being "the guy that had something different" I want to get back to that.. but keeping up with these high end builds is killing that "risk"

I can easily spend 60 coins or more a day if I could refit and tweak weapons and such.. i only have 1 hellfire.. 3 vigs.. 2 covenants.. and just built my first lance.. I am so far behind on top tier hulls.. I don't coin those from the get go.. NEVER!

But .. If I know a build will finish in a timeframe where I'll be busy or asleep and I'm playing now.. Sure! spend the coins to complete it. Fly it or mark it up and refit it! Then build another ship. Minimal lost time is crucial. IMO

Summary: I'll spend More Coins! More Often!! IF! I had a RE-FIT Bay! and I feel other players would as well..

PS. Biggest purchase for me was the vigilante deal back when it was first released and happened to have an xtra $50. To fling towards those mark upgrades. Happy I did at that time. But.. these "Deal" prices you are running now.. $100 -$200 are honestly insulting to gamers like me. Happy for those that can afford such stupidity. Maybe time to reconsider these things for if I heard of prices like this! At the time I first played the game I would have deleted it seeing the cost to compete. Might be scaring potential players away juss sayin..

Kixeye, I understand. and willingly contribute to your fine war game. So. Please re consider the thought of a refit bay.. 1 xtra thing to make money on.

And I pledge! That I will keep plugging away at these high end ship builds. Explore original/funky builds and destroy ships/bases across sectors. Hopefully helping you guys out as well.

• Todd7123
    Todd7123
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,109

Yes it's been mentioned several hundred if not thousands of times.

All a refit bay would do is make build and fitment times longer

Which were greatly reduced just a short time ago.

Moving to future feedback section

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • lC4RUS
    lC4RUS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 424
    Your the first person to suggest a refit bay.  Good idea man
    -LMF-  ICARUS
  • SkyBuster
    SkyBuster
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 2,973

A set of MK IV Revs can kill hurrics, pythons and basilisk if you fly very well.
    You don't need highest end tech to rek some $100

• SkyBuster
    SkyBuster
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 2,973

*$200 mk ugrade bought fleets

• ApolloVTU
    ApolloVTU
    Minor Nuisance

Actually do have a rev fleet. Sporting the Reverb 3x4.. does pretty well. Think about adding 2 mk 5 Apocs in with them.. for those single targets..

• ApolloVTU
    ApolloVTU
    Minor Nuisance

@Todd7123 said:
    Yes it's been mentioned several hundred if not thousands of times.

All a refit bay would do is make build and fitment times longer

Which were greatly reduced just a short time ago.

Moving to future feedback section

For the record. I did know that this has been asked numerous times. My Winkie Face emoji did not appear on the banner to signify the sarcasm.

I just wanted you to hear my testimony.

And for your response.. I'm not sure how? By adding a refit bay would have any effect on Build times needing to be increased Or refits... show me the data.

Will your servers explode calculating the coins coming in from the refits that can be done multiple times through a coarse of a high tier ship build? Are you afraid of a player advancing faster? You keep bringing in new tech, ships, and aliens as well.. so much goes unexplored. I can keep farming for crafting materials for ages but that does not get me any closer to building FvF ships.. which if I had more! Equals more coins for you. From me and a percentage of my opponents.. sounds logical to me..

If your worried that a player may end up with hundreds of ships or so I could see that as a way for players to break a game.. so put a cap on builds. There's always a way to balance things out. Been done before ;)

Ending rant.
    Thank you for the response.

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,727

According to kixeye the refit bay affects the build/refit times as it allows a second construction therefore would require double the build time which is utter bullshit

just existing at this point

• sleuthyRogue
    sleuthyRogue
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,144

According to kixeye the refit bay affects the build/refit times as it allows a second construction therefore would require double the build time which is utter bullshit

For how they've been balancing the game from the start (build lots of low tier ships quick, with each higher tier taking more time limiting number built, and all refits also being higher or lower depending on ship tier) it's not really out of the question to see it that way. Just because they CAN do it doesn't mean they SHOULD do it. You have to choose to have either bleeding edge hulls or bleeding edge tech.
  • M16 A4
    M16 A4
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 654
    lC4RUS said:
    Your the first person to suggest a refit bay.  Good idea man
    lmfao

• ApolloVTU
    ApolloVTU
    Minor Nuisance

@sleuthyRogue said:
    Nightmare Deathlock said:

For how they've been balancing the game from the start (build lots of low tier ships quick, with each higher tier taking more time limiting number built, and all refits also being higher or lower depending on ship tier) it's not really out of the question to see it that way. Just because they CAN do it doesn't mean they SHOULD do it. You have to choose to have either bleeding edge hulls or bleeding edge tech.

Bummer

• Mark V Pathfinder
    Mark V Pathfinder
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 604
    If I had a coin every time someone asked about refit bays, I could rep a heretic.