What Is the likely hood to get a refit mod

shakenb
shakenb
Potential Threat
Joined May 2016 Posts: 81

So we can refit 1 ship and have another building or as some of us say in the oven. That would make most players happier with this game .. What y'all think??

• Alexander22246
    Alexander22246
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 275

Lex said it would NEVER come so quit bugging them for it

• shakenb
    shakenb
    Potential Threat

Ok didn't know

• Alexander22246
    Alexander22246
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2016 Posts: 275

I'm not trying to be rude shakenb

• VoidMaster
    VoidMaster
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 1,237
    A free refit credit from an event or something would be a neat idea though.
    Showing the Voidness of Vega one post at a time.
    *Insert Void photo here*
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

Would be nice especially since we have to refit all the time.

• Medallas
    Medallas
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 428
    just coin it!
  • Todd7123
    Todd7123
    VC Mod
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 5,109

@shakenb said:
    So we can refit 1 ship and have another building or as some of us say in the oven. That would make most players happier with this game .. What y'all think??

Extremely unlikely as base ship building time as well as fitment times would have to be addressed with significant increasing time likely to occur across the board.

Ship base build time and fitment time were mostly adjusted down a few months ago in part to address this issue.

Believe it or not its better the way it is.

I am a VC Forum Mod.

I don't work for KIXEYE. I'm a player just like you.

My  duties are to offer advice and keep the Forums Neat and Tidy.

Ask me and I will help if I can or point you in the right direction to one of the links below.

Helpful Links:  Site Rules / Report a Player / ToS / Ticket Status 
    Have a problem? KIXEYE Customer Service
    SEE YOU IN THE VOID REBELS!!!!!!!
  • Khemul
    Khemul
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,436

@Todd7123 said:

@shakenb said:

Extremely unlikely as base ship building time as well as fitment times would have to be addressed with significant increasing time likely to occur across the board.

Ship base build time and fitment time were mostly adjusted down a few months ago in part to address this issue.

Believe it or not its better the way it is.

^ This.

They'd balance times based on the assumption we'd be building blank hulls and refitting them afterwards so as to clear out the factory quicker. Which let's be honest, is exactly what we'd do. So the construction time of a blank hull would probably be adjusted to match that of a fully fitted one.

It would give more flexibility though so increased times might be worth it for us. And there are then two potential things for the customer to coin complete, rather then one. So it might be worth it for Kixeye from that perspective.

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,727

Impossible... because kixeye LOVES coin

just existing at this point

• shakenb
    shakenb
    Potential Threat

I think more people would coin myself included revolution brings more money in. I played everquest for over 2 yrs I loved it cause you paid as you went and had over 8 million players before everquest 2 came out and killed it. Change is good for the game is all I'm saying and putting it out there

• FusionInferno1
    FusionInferno1
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 8,727

@shakenb said:
    I think more people would coin myself included revolution brings more money in. I played everquest for over 2 yrs I loved it cause you paid as you went and had over 8 million players before everquest 2 came out and killed it. Change is good for the game is all I'm saying and putting it out there

Actually it will reduce coinage because ppl wont have to coin their main build in order to start a refit like kixeye wants them to... this feature is great for us but terrible for greedeye

just existing at this point

• Medallas
    Medallas
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 428
    If you like the game, just coin it, it helps the team do a better job at making fun stuf!
  • Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443
    I thought that was the point of these threads...so that they could make improvements on the stuff we want, not say, "Well that'll never happen."

How about, "Well we can't do it like that because _________ ...."

A refit bay wouldn't just be for new empty hulls. Could it be used for that? I'm sure they could make it to where the ship can't be refit in the Ship Garage unless it was already previously fitted. Either way, when I'm building newly unlocked hulls but need to revamp my destroyer or battleship fleets with tech that was just won in the latest event I don't want to have to wait 3 weeks to start changing ships I already have in my dock.

Coins is not always the answer. Not everyone is just gonna whip out their wallet and throw credit card numbers at Kixeye because the ships take too long. Some people legitimately want to play the game for the fun value without spending $40 on a single hull build.
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • sleuthyRogue
    sleuthyRogue
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,144
    I thought that was the point of these threads...so that they could make improvements on the stuff we want, not say, "Well that'll never happen."
    Thing is, they've already answered this question dozens of times. Every single time, it's been, "No, this isn't going to happen, all build times would ultimately have to go up to keep our aim at balance."

By all means, keep asking it, but you're not getting a different answer for this one.
  • Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 20 Oct 2016, 8:33PM
    Funny thing is it doesn't unbalance anything...everyone gets the exact same result. If it effects everyone, then it can't be considered "unbalanced". The only balance that would change here is the balance of Kixeye's bank account from the relentless coiners. I remember the days when a game had a 1 time purchase price and that was it. Done. $59.99 and you got everything. The age of in-app purchase pay-to-win games just completely disrupts the gamer-developer relationship.
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    I'll tell you what's unbalanced: a single player with coiner fleets that can literally shut down an entire alliance because NOBODY can throw a single fleet at it that can touch it.

This happens all the time. The sector chat is full of screaming heads demanding something be done...

So if balance REALLY  was an issue...that wouldn't be.