Combiblaster

Brad Schwacher
Brad Schwacher
Minor Nuisance
Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 203

So normally I'd list the damage output and all that but just throwing this out there. A three barreled combi weapon that fires one round of each type (projectile, energy, explosive). Maybe if this gets enough hits I'll post more...

• CM Scarlett
    CM Scarlett
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 3,026
    How would the range work out - different range for each weapon type? It would have to be super heavy to justify the flexibility of the weapon.
    Submit ideas and feedback
    >>>r/VEGAConflict<<<

• liuqi007
    liuqi007
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 142
    might as well introduce combat module lvl 11 with 2nd weapon slot
  • Brad Schwacher
    Brad Schwacher
    Minor Nuisance

Range would be a combination of range divided by 3 so just as an example...
    Driver range- 5000
    Energy rang- 2000
    Explosive range- 3500 total range is 10,500/3
    3500 is the new range of the combi-blaster

• Brad Schwacher
    Brad Schwacher
    Minor Nuisance

@CM Scarlett said:
    How would the range work out - different range for each weapon type? It would have to be super heavy to justify the flexibility of the weapon.

So range idea has been poated.any other questions?

• Brad Schwacher
    Brad Schwacher
    Minor Nuisance

The tech that can be added would be limited to certain things as well.. for example focus optics wouldn't increase the range of all other weapons. Just as Iridium magnets wouldn't Increase the speed of all weapons. So on and so forth.

• Brad Schwacher
    Brad Schwacher
    Minor Nuisance

Adding tech would be the only difficult part because this weapon could essentially use any tech that is not faction orientated. And would only benefit one of the weapons at a time in that the weight is not the problem because the flexibility of the weapon would be based more on a Gatling gun rather than what type of round is fired. Only to make the reload time faster.

• Brad Schwacher
    Brad Schwacher
    Minor Nuisance

Mass would be based on basic premise of what the weapon is firing. It has all three so Ammo is reduced because energy weapons don't really have Ammo. Its increased twice because explosive weapons and projectiles need Ammo. Effectively increasing the range of the weapon from 3500 to 4100 the speed of all things fired could very easily be different because of the Gatling gun style it would have.

• Brad Schwacher
    Brad Schwacher
    Minor Nuisance

Or
    If it fires a single projectile that has an energy charge for shields and an aoe for explosive warhead and a armor piercing for projectiles it could then all be fires from on Barrel but all three types would be included into one round.

• Brad Schwacher
    Brad Schwacher
    Minor Nuisance

Now u have two ideas to work with two ranges and two sets of essentially a Metaphase weapon. If you have more questions I have more answers I designed this gun for a board game for my son so I have a lot of input for this.

• Ghandiplz
    Ghandiplz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2016 Posts: 171

@Brad Schwacher said:

@CM Scarlett said:

So range idea has been poated.any other questions?

an idea:
    an electromagnetic gatling gun which fire one projectile per second. There is a device on the weapon which can generate an electric field when the weapon is not firing, the field deals energy damage and all enemy ships inside the field suffer damage. The field has the shape like the firing arc of ships.

range:
    0 - 2000 ( energy field), 2000- 4200 ( projectile gatling gun)

dps: projectile: something around 40
    energy: 30 - 40

mass: around the mass of arrestor beam

speed: 2200

special:
    only affected by projectile specials. Increase speed of tfhe projectile will increase dps of the energy field. Increase armor bypass of the projectile increase shield damage of the field.