THE PYTHON COINSPIRACY

Wingman646
Wingman646
Skilled Warrior
Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443
So Kixeye makes a new OP item, the Unstable Reactor, which makes suicide bombing a big thing....the new big thing. It's unstoppable atm and nobody wants it, but it's there...so everyone wants to have it. So now that we KNOW that the Python cutters equipped with this cold-fusion warhead disguised as a thruster engine are the ultimate FvF killer fleet,

Kixeye makes a BONUS OFFER that grants each $100 purchase with 3 python suicide bombers.

Here's the reason anyone who buys this is gonna be really disappointed. As soon as everyone spends their $100s of dollars buying up the Pythons, and then subsequently spends those coins on fitting and Mking up those Pythons, Kixeye will nerf the Unstable reactor.

People will spend real money on these offers...and then be left in a dark alley, beaten to a pulp and clutching their empty wallets. 

Yet another Kixeye mugging has occurred.
Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • RustyRobot
    RustyRobot
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 1,206

While I don't doubt that they knew exactly how the addition of the Unstable Reactor would effect the meta, I doubt the python deal you are receiving is part of a bigger "plan".

Months before the introduction of the Unstable Reactor, I and many others received tons of python deals back to back, in some sort of desperation to get us to buy coins. Python deals aren't new.

Level: 66
    Hours: 2,610
    Hand Crafted Mk. E Ships: 2
  • OnionDD
    OnionDD
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 342

Ive been spammed with these bonus offers for the past month now

• annubis547
    annubis547
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 166

I wonder will there ever be a phyton roit

• joseph stone0
    joseph stone0
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 94

Its all crap

• mmmehh
    mmmehh
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 579

While I don't doubt that they knew exactly how the addition of the Unstable Reactor would effect the meta, I doubt the python deal you are receiving is part of a bigger "plan".

Months before the introduction of the Unstable Reactor, I and many others received tons of python deals back to back, in some sort of desperation to get us to buy coins. Python deals aren't new.

Yea, it's more along the lines of kix wanting cutter spam for a long time now. It's lucrative for them and it allows mobile players or players lacking skill, to brute force victories. I've been getting python offers for months. Unstable Reactors just makes python cutter spam even worse / more appealing, depending on your viewpoint.
  • SkarR2
    SkarR2
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 19
    Yet another Kixeye mugging has occurred.
    There have been many offers like the $100 Python offer, in fact everyone here has mentioned they have been spamming that offer.  Also, after each Riot or event, you get a $100 offer for what ever ship you just won.  Nothing new, not a conspiracy.

For anyone who still complains about spending money on any offer, please remember this is a FREE game!!  Someone has to pay the bills if you're not.  I'm not a hardcore coiner, but I have bought an offer or two (.  It only seems fair to support a game you like, otherwise it will be gone.  
  • PhantomRanger
    PhantomRanger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 270
    I have been spammed by Lance and Apocryphas...
  • NotactuallyDeadshot
    NotactuallyDeadshot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 71

Did anyone get the pregame spam for all the upgardes to the new destroyer pay this and get all these mk upgrades and everything you need to mk 6 of them to lvl 5.. All for over $200 cdn? Then smaller packs of course for less.. Was like wow! Walked away.

• Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443
    What I'm referring to isn't that they have NEVER posted a Python offer before. I'm saying they are USING the Unstable Reactor exploit to get people to make a mad dash for them now. But it seems a bit late, they seem to have already nerfed the UR....at least in the base usage.
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,839
    For the record I've been getting the python offers constantly for the past few months- even in lieu of offers for other ships that I've either recently acquired or have had but would be more inclined to mark up.

Once in a while  I get the popup for a different offer, however, that offer never seems to linger around- even when I got the ragnoarok markup offer (probably the only one I'd seriously consider!) it only stayed for a short time before getting replaced with yet another python offer that I have no intention of buying.
  • Richard Augustine
    Richard Augustine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 337

Two words.. (Whispers "Allahu Ackbar")