What, if anything, can kill a drop ship platoon?

Ron Brumleve
Ron Brumleve
Greenhorn
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 18
So, a guy hits your base or that of a friend, then surrounds his base with 5 drop ship platoons?  So what can we use to kill the platoons and get to his base?
  • lomolife1174
    lomolife1174
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 9,121
    So, a guy hits your base or that of a friend, then surrounds his base with 5 drop ship platoons?  So what can we use to kill the platoons and get to his base?
    Time. 
  • FataLegit
    FataLegit
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 404
    Time. 
    LOL
    FATALAZER WAS HERE!
  • Blacksonic_10
    Blacksonic_10
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 20
    dropship ops is ****.....game no more excitement.....remove this **** ops hookers are doing good

• Cor596
    Cor596
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 253
    if you aint fighting you aint stressing their schite servers mate , its a war game with no war ha ha ha ha

• YamYam77
    YamYam77
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 1,479
    its a bullshit op that helps the turtles and the low lifes that hit at will but surround their own bases to prevent players hitting back
  • GD2D-DFA
    GD2D-DFA
    Master Tactician
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 2,463
    u dont have to kill them just drive right under them lol.
    BYM level unkown, quit due to boredom
    Vega level 30, quit due to boredom
    BP level: 51, quit due to boredom
    WC level: 44 soon 45 : )
    Proud member of GD2D (Good day to die). Sectors visited: 1-56 290 171 254 409 261 210 307 364 275, 107, 420, 399, 395, 380, 384, 57, 59, 220, 225, 65, 99, 199, 200, 198, 90, etc
    Missing only these units in wc:  lead infil.
  • budbeer21
    budbeer21
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 203
    that doesn't work if they double stack the drop ships, they can do as they wish without any chance of retaliation!! That's not a war game when they manipulate the game to make it once sided. Kix just needs to read and watch how players are using the drop ships and change it so they can be attacked. 2 or 3 peeps that are bubbled can use drop ships to cover 1 base that does all the attacking and the attacking player uses a drop ship.....so nobody gets hit back and for hrs the 1 player can hit as many targets as he can till he runs out of time. NOT A FAIR OP KIX!!! FIX IT!!!
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 3,770
    budbeer21 said:
    that doesn't work if they double stack the drop ships, they can do as they wish without any chance of retaliation!! That's not a war game when they manipulate the game to make it once sided. Kix just needs to read and watch how players are using the drop ships and change it so they can be attacked. 2 or 3 peeps that are bubbled can use drop ships to cover 1 base that does all the attacking and the attacking player uses a drop ship.....so nobody gets hit back and for hrs the 1 player can hit as many targets as he can till he runs out of time. NOT A FAIR OP KIX!!! FIX IT!!!
    Its a tactic.. that's all... a creative and smart one... but as you said it takes more than one person to do it and it is limited by time. 

But how is this NOT FAIR???? 

If it is something ANYONE can do in the game how is it not fair???

You have access to the op.. you have access to other players to make your friends so you can use this same tactic back against the same players that used it on you or others.

Was this particular use intended? Maybe not or maybe it was... I'm not sure but finding a use for something to give you an advantage over your enemy seems vary war like to me.

I'm not saying you don't have the right or should not ask kixeye to look at changing this just don't say it's not fair.   The real reason you don't want it to be this way is you find it ANNOYING and you personally think this one aspect out weighs the other uses for the op which would probably be lost if something changes to prevent this one thing. 

I personally thing the game dies a little everytime kixeye eliminates a tactic players have come up with just to appease some very small vocal percentage of players in the forums who find something annoying.

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• Adam_KS
    Adam_KS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2014 Posts: 64
    TroyW said:
    budbeer21 said:
    Its a tactic.. that's all... a creative and smart one... but as you said it takes more than one person to do it and it is limited by time. 

You have access to the op.. you have access to other players to make your friends so you can use this same tactic back against the same players that used it on you or others.

Was this particular use intended? Maybe not or maybe it was... I'm not sure but finding a use for something to give you an advantage over your enemy seems vary war like to me.

I'm not saying you don't have the right or should not ask kixeye to look at changing this just don't say it's not fair.   The real reason you don't want it to be this way is you find it ANNOYING and you personally think this one aspect out weighs the other uses for the op which would probably be lost if something changes to prevent this one thing. 

I personally thing the game dies a little everytime kixeye eliminates a tactic players have come up with just to appease some very small vocal percentage of players in the forums who find something annoying.
    your right the game dies a little time everytime kixeye eliminates tactic players beacasue war is not fair war means destroying no matter what you do and use o:)
  • JNewbie
    JNewbie
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,625
    I think there is already a glitch in drop ship cause I am seeing alot of player the dropship I know can be bought again but these bases they are running 24 hour a day just seem a bit odd to me
  • SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 478
    TroyW said:
    budbeer21 said:

You seem to forget this is meant to be a WAR game, one that is meant to be PVP orientated AND one that Kixeye 'claim' to be making efforts to encourage PVP.

How does an Op that can be exploited so that some players can attack but not be attacked be fair? How does this NOT undermine the efforts to promote PVP (PLAYER VS PLAYER) gameplay? This is a PVP killer. SMH
  • TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord
    edited 13 Oct 2016, 4:31AM
    JNewbie said:
    I think there is already a glitch in drop ship cause I am seeing alot of player the dropship I know can be bought again but these bases they are running 24 hour a day just seem a bit odd to me

Well if they are running the ops 24h a day like someone said above... I would imagine they are hacking in which case it would not be fair .. because us player who do not cheat can not do the same thing to them. 

budbeer21 said:
    Troy, U also have the right to state your case. The point is when 3 players can devastate a complete sector in a few hours with NO chance of being attacked its not a war game. There has NEVER been a war where u cant attack back at the same time u r being attacked if u so choose. Your drop ship op makes it a slaughter not a war game!!! U stated its available to anyone....technically maybe, realistically NOT A CHANCE. The largest % of players are trying to use their medals to buy the toys they need so they can try and compete in this game. As far as the game dying, why cant u guys accept the blame for most of it?? The drop ship op hurts many more players than it helps, so whos fault is that???

First of all your saying YOU GUYS .... The Wiki and myself are NOT part of Kixeye.. I'm and just a player.. with just the same access to kixeye as everyone else. ..

I'm one of those players who REALLY wants the Expert Jericho ( i'm at 500,000 so far ) so I understand not wanting to us them on the dropship op because I don't want to ... And I really need to play with it to gather info for the wiki, however, that is you and me making a choice.. We prioritize using the medals on the whatever over retaliation and they apparently don't ( again only talking about non-cheaters.. ).  All I can say is it only take a few of you from your entire sector, that you say is equally being hit by these guys to do the retaliation.. I would think if everyone is being hit there would be a few willing to do it back... And I would also think since there are 200 sectors for them to terrorize I would guess they would just find the ones who do not retaliate using the same tactic and keep going back to them over the ones who do. 

My long winded point point is its still fair because we can do it regardless where we choose to or not. 

About it hurting more than it helps I can't say because I have access to only a tiny % of the players to ask if this is true.  And "hurt" is a subjective term.. I don't really need the Op because I for one have never been JAILED so I don't have need for a way to get over a blockade.

Remember I wasn't saying that it does or doesn't suck for ones being hit by this or that the guys who do it are nice or not, I was simply stating that by saying its UNFAIR that are likely not ever going to get it changed because Kixeye will just look at that part of your statement and dismiss it because they do think its fair for the same reasons I stated.  If you want a better chance on getting it changed then state the reasons why you find it annoying to players without saying its unfair.  Don't give them a chance to dismiss your thoughts because your argument is flawed.  

Personally I don't haven't used the OP but so I don't know if I would ever find it useful for something in the future.  I still get hit a lot when I'm offline and in all the years I have been playing the one who hit me has never been out of a Bubble when I logged back in.. And the guys who have hit me when I'm online recently were not using the op. 

You seem to forget this is meant to be a WAR game, one that is meant to be PVP orientated AND one that Kixeye 'claim' to be making efforts to encourage PVP.

How does an Op that can be exploited so that some players can attack but not be attacked be fair? How does this NOT undermine the efforts to promote PVP (PLAYER VS PLAYER) gameplay? This is a PVP killer. SMH
    I think they saw it as a positive for PVP because it protects plats from being snipped by players instead of hitting the enemy base

( another TACTIC that people complained about because it was ANNOYING even though it is fair )

And it also prevents players from being jailed which players complained prevented them from waring it up.  

( another TACTIC that people complained about because it was ANNOYING even though it is fair ) 

So this is what happens when Kixeye steps in and tries to prevent player tactics that are fair but annoying.... All they end up doing is shifting the annoyance.  And you never know what the solution will shift it too, it might be more annoying or less annoying... So when you want something changed just because you don't want to do it and you don't like it when others do.. careful what you wish for because kixeye might actually listen for once.

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 13 Oct 2016, 5:07AM

I think they saw it as a positive for PVP because it protects plats from being snipped by players instead of hitting the enemy base 

And it also prevents players from being jailed which players complained prevented them from waring it up.  

So this is what happens when Kixeye steps in and tries to prevent player tactics that are fair but annoying.... All they end up doing is shifting the annoyance.  And you never know what the solution will shift it too, it might be more annoying or less annoying... So when you want something changed just because you don't want to do it and you don't like it when others do.. careful what you wish for because kixeye might actually listen for once.

Your reply is wishy washy and irrelevant, you're stating the obvious (which I already know btw) and adding nothing to the discussion. Your interpretation of Kixeyes intentions is neither here nor there, it really doesn't matter, the point of contention is the effect this change has on gameplay and it stops players from being able to fight in a PLAYER VS PLAYER WAR game, you trying to explain to me Kixeyes reasoning is not needed and has nothing to do with the bottom line, how it effects gamplay with it's implentation. I have seen pairs of players using double dropship platoons around each others bases and being able to attack whom they please without recourse, great for turtles and chat commanders but terrible for anyone that actually wants to play a multiplayer war game. Why don't you post up your sector for pairs of players with dropship running to come visit and have some fun, you'll soon change your tune. You won't because you won't want it to happen. Not a threat btw but seeing as you want to defend this game changing implementation then it would be apt if you had a feel for the end with the horns lol
  • SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior
    Oh btw, I have 4 Dropship Ops AND 1,000,000 medals so if I and another player REALLY did want to we could have Dropship Ops running 24/7 for 26 days. How does that sound, having free roam without worrying about retaliation attacks for an entire 26 days? You think that's gonna improve PVP? Far too may 'dirty' players out there, anyone with half a brain knows if it can be exploited that it WILL be exploited.

• WAR_LOR
    WAR_LOR
    Potential Threat
    Joined May 2016 Posts: 96
    edited 13 Oct 2016, 5:23AM
    Oh just find away to get unlimited medals and you can run them also 24/7. Oh and by the way when you find away let me know too. I am sure many of us would love unlimited medals in the game too. Thank You
  • Ron Brumleve
    Ron Brumleve
    Greenhorn
    So, they had a maintenance session yesterday, but I see there are still dropships on the map.  Did Kixeye at least fix their mistake and make them able to be attacked?
  • kixeyeuser_55825350_11752_3855743
    kixeyeuser_55825350_11752_3855743
    Greenhorn
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 5
    budbeer21 said:
    Troy, U also have the right to state your case. The point is when 3 players can devastate a complete sector in a few hours with NO chance of being attacked its not a war game. There has NEVER been a war where u cant attack back at the same time u r being attacked if u so choose. Your drop ship op makes it a slaughter not a war game!!! U stated its available to anyone....technically maybe, realistically NOT A CHANCE. The largest % of players are trying to use their medals to buy the toys they need so they can try and compete in this game. As far as the game dying, why cant u guys accept the blame for most of it?? The drop ship op hurts many more players than it helps, so whos fault is that???

I agree with budbeer21 ,3 players came to our sector and almost wiped it out with the dropship op and we could not retaliate and then they bubbled themselves and continued on the same again the next day .This is a war game and if you can't retaliate what is the point of playing.This op has got to go or be changed
  • TheKingSlayer69
    TheKingSlayer69
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 121

Lets be honest here......the Turtles hate this op and the base hitters love it

Imo......**** the turtles

If someone is willing to spend 10k medals on the op.....then so be it.

OP Is just fine as is.....anything to ruin the turtles day as they have been given so many advantages over the past year and have cried nonstop to get things nerfed that threaten their Pixel Fortresses.....well that is just fine with me

• TheKingSlayer69
    TheKingSlayer69
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Sep 2016 Posts: 121

@kixeyeuser_55825350_11752_3855743 said:
    budbeer21 said:

I agree with budbeer21 ,3 players came to our sector and almost wiped it out with the dropship op and we could not retaliate and then they bubbled themselves and continued on the same again the next day .This is a war game and if you can't retaliate what is the point of playing.This op has got to go or be changed

Go to their home sector and do it back to their sector......problem solved

• TroyW
    TroyW
    Unicorn Overlord

Your reply is wishy washy and irrelevant, you're stating the obvious (which I already know btw) and adding nothing to the discussion. Your interpretation of Kixeyes intentions is neither here nor there, it really doesn't matter, the point of contention is the effect this change has on gameplay and it stops players from being able to fight in a PLAYER VS PLAYER WAR game, you trying to explain to me Kixeyes reasoning is not needed and has nothing to do with the bottom line, how it effects gamplay with it's implentation. I have seen pairs of players using double dropship platoons around each others bases and being able to attack whom they please without recourse, great for turtles and chat commanders but terrible for anyone that actually wants to play a multiplayer war game. Why don't you post up your sector for pairs of players with dropship running to come visit and have some fun, you'll soon change your tune. You won't because you won't want it to happen. Not a threat btw but seeing as you want to defend this game changing implementation then it would be apt if you had a feel for the end with the horns lol
    Wishy washy? 

My comments about kixeye's intentions is a direct response to you bringing up their 'claim' of their intentions, so if you don't think it will advance the discussion then don't bring it up.   And isn't responding to a statement you think brings nothing to the discussion also not bring anything to the discussion?  Anyways their reasoning or intentions for the op is completely relevant because it is what they are going to weigh against the points people are listing here.  

No where in any of my statements am I defending the game.. I was simply suggesting a better way to present the argument which would stand a better chance of kixeye listening.  If you say something is not fair when it is you just give kixeye a reason to ignore the rest of your comment.  Just state that its very annoying and here is why ... and you stand a much better chance of them listening to the reasons why..  But for some reason this says to you I'm defending the the implementation of the op, go figure.

I don't need someone to come use this tactic to me... I have been attack many times before where I could not attack back because Players have had other players bubble their bases before I can attack back or protecting their base by having the platoons surrounding it all engaging each other ... so on.. so whatever the reasons the result is the same .. I can't attack back.  Since this happens with or without this tactic I don't care if the op is changed.. but if it does get change ... I equally will not care. 

Don't know why your getting so bent towards me.;. but if you really need to get your frustrations out at someone .. feel free.. 

WAR COMMANDER WIKIA

Lead Administrator

• SmokinNevilsHze
    SmokinNevilsHze
    Skilled Warrior
    edited 13 Oct 2016, 6:35PM
    TroyW said:

Wishy washy? 

My comments about kixeye's intentions is a direct response to you bringing up their 'claim' of their intentions, so if you don't think it will advance the discussion then don't bring it up.   And isn't responding to a statement you think brings nothing to the discussion also not bring anything to the discussion?  Anyways their reasoning or intentions for the op is completely relevant because it is what they are going to weigh against the points people are listing here.  

No where in any of my statements am I defending the game.. I was simply suggesting a better way to present the argument which would stand a better chance of kixeye listening.  If you say something is not fair when it is you just give kixeye a reason to ignore the rest of your comment.  Just state that its very annoying and here is why ... and you stand a much better chance of them listening to the reasons why..  But for some reason this says to you I'm defending the the implementation of the op, go figure.

I don't need someone to come use this tactic to me... I have been attack many times before where I could not attack back because Players have had other players bubble their bases before I can attack back or protecting their base by having the platoons surrounding it all engaging each other ... so on.. so whatever the reasons the result is the same .. I can't attack back.  Since this happens with or without this tactic I don't care if the op is changed.. but if it does get change ... I equally will not care. 

Don't know why your getting so bent towards me.;. but if you really need to get your frustrations out at someone .. feel free.. 
    Lol Troy, you seem to misunderstand, I simply do not agree at all with what you say and find most of your arguament either irrelevant or just plain wrong. And yes you was defending this tactic calling it 'Creative and smart' AND telling people not to complain about it being 'unfair' AND stating that it IS fair as we can all do it.Your flawed and broken logic can be applied to hackers and cheat engine users, by your flawed reasoning those things too would be fair as we could all do it if we chose to. You haven't even experienced players using this op and exploiting it yet you drone on and on and on in trying to defend it, with irrelevant information and flawed and broken logic, go figure.
  • Norsegod
    Norsegod
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 40
    I'm a base hitter and hate this Op.Been ready to quit for a while, think the time has come.
  • Chris12098
    Chris12098
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 369
    well all I got for input here is that the people that say its fair haven't had a dropship parked at their base for hours with no way of attacking it and have to sit there to hope to defend your base or leave it to RUBI and have your base units a)suicide themselves on aggressive or b)sit as duck in a shooting gallery on regular RUBI...with doublestacked toons at their base its no longer fun or a game its just not fun as with many new aspects to the game like onslaught with autorepair...leaves base toon in repair as well as base while pvp is becoming a bigger part of the game...just disheartening to see the game be changed without thought of the scope of the changes
  • RaginRedman
    RaginRedman
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 44
    TroyW said:
    budbeer21 said:

How is it a smart tactic, its a bullshit tactic, that should not be allowed, If you have the skills to lock your base using friends plats, and have to keep attacking after attack ends. It gives the other players at least the chance of getting in. That is a tactic. something that takes skill to accomplish. You gave every hacker to do as he pleases without threat of retaliation. Seem some people never run out of the op, kinda like hookers op. This is by far the dumbest thing kixeye has done to fk this game up. I have barely logged in since this crap came out. The game is no longer fun. you get hit, but cant hit back, cant even attack the plats attacking you. Just hold me down while the other guy kicks me, Thats a fkn blast let me tell you. You have lost it on this one, this is a game killer. 
  • Ron Brumleve
    Ron Brumleve
    Greenhorn
    So, they had a maintenance session yesterday, but I see there are still dropships on the map.  Did Kixeye at least fix their mistake and make them able to be attacked?
    SO, HAS KIXEYE FIXED THE DROPSHIPS OR ARE THEY STILL NOT ABLE TO BE ATTACKED?