Resource carry-over

ChandraArgentis
ChandraArgentis
Incursion Leader
Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 1,120
I've wanted this for quite a while, so here goes. 

I would like to see the option to carry over leftover event points.  Now, I don't mean that you can do a Riot and instantly have an actual event finished, here's what I mean.
  • Riot points carry over to the next riot.
  • Event points carry over to the next event.
  • Alien mobilization points carry over to the next Alien mobilization.
  • Points not used to fill your resources at the end of any of these automatically carry over.
  • PhantomRanger
    PhantomRanger
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2015 Posts: 271
    As long as u don't convert points to resources, I'm investing in this idea. +1
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    As long as u don't convert points to resources, I'm investing in this idea. +1
    Well, the idea is that you can do both.  Say you're a newbie and you try a riot.  You don't have enough points for anything good, but you still want to fill your resources.  You exchange your resources and the remainder gets saved for the next riot.

If you keep it in the same class, you won't really have much of an issue with someone gaming the difficulty because all events in the same class should be roughly the same difficulty. 
  • Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443
    Well, the idea is that you can do both.  Say you're a newbie and you try a riot.  You don't have enough points for anything good, but you still want to fill your resources.  You exchange your resources and the remainder gets saved for the next riot. If you keep it in the same class, you won't really have much of an issue with someone gaming the difficulty because all events in the same class should be roughly the same difficulty.  
    One, not both. You either save or spend. Nothing is free.
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger
  • ChandraArgentis
    ChandraArgentis
    Incursion Leader
    Well, the idea is that you can do both.  Say you're a newbie and you try a riot.  You don't have enough points for anything good, but you still want to fill your resources.  You exchange your resources and the remainder gets saved for the next riot. If you keep it in the same class, you won't really have much of an issue with someone gaming the difficulty because all events in the same class should be roughly the same difficulty.  
    One, not both. You either save or spend. Nothing is free.

No, I mean, say you have all the Riot prizes already.  You earn 1 mil points.  You only need 100k points to max you out on resources.  You then carry over 900k.  You don't get anything 'free'.  You just don't waste those 900k points.  

I would also put a limit on it where you can't carry over for more than 1 event.  
    In the same example, you earn 1 mil, carry over 900k.  Next event, you earn 100k, but only spend 200k.  You only carry over 100k to the next one.
  • Richard Augustine
    Richard Augustine
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2016 Posts: 337

No. Cool idea but not a good one bud.

• Wingman646
    Wingman646
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2016 Posts: 443
    edited 18 Oct 2016, 12:01AM
    Point carryover would have to be specific to riot events. If someone really high up who can farm 10+million intel in a Search and Destroy main event, use ALL the points to gain all the prizes and then carry that over into the next event, he wouldn't have to farm at all for the new ship. Just point and click. 

Lots of exploitable issues here. Sure, I think the resource bank should be open until a full withdrawal has been made. (i.e. you spend only enough to fill your storages, but keep the rest still in the "Riot Bank" until you need it until that 24 hour period that the store stays open).

What I would propose is that it's not a 1 and done type thing with the event completion, that until that 24 hour countdown before the Riot store closes, we should have unlimited access to the points we accrued for resource trading. For example (and this is an extreme example), say I have 10k resources at the end of a Riot but managed to accrue 1 million extra points (yes, I KNOW that isn't possible due to the fact that every fleet you hit gives rss just humor me for a sec), nothing is being researched and no ships are being built and no modules being upgraded (etc etc). You cash in enough points to fill your tank, research everything you can, empty your tank, refill your tank in the riot store with the points YOU EARNED, go back and finish everything until you have all 7 slots in the que filled up, go BACK to the riot store and fill up again! <<<<< and that should be able to be done until the store closes.

Even if the points don't carry over, I believe my above idea makes more sense than the currently implemented system. @KIXEYE Swag
    Image may contain: 1 person, textWill Harbin is the CEO of Kixeye...he's the main man. Not Paul Preece. #TeamHARBINger