DOS crews comon we not stupid

rayden
rayden
Incursion Leader
Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,331
42 Billion in  uri rolled   yes Billion     not the 1st Dos  crew     may as well  retire em with crypt keepers  can't tell me some has not bumped  the  dial
  • Kyle Deschenes
    Kyle Deschenes
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 530
    just like the drac U bases, shard drop rates working as intended
  • SmilinBob
    SmilinBob
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2011 Posts: 634
    42 million...believable...42 billion....miss me with that crap
  • Xijven
    Xijven
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 469
    I got one a couple weeks back, yeah the drop rate is bad/luck whichever you like to go with.  But 42 billion seems a bit crazy if you spent that much rolling, because I know I get tired as hell rolling 280 thousand, maybe you enjoy re-rolling that much.  But 42,000,000,000 or 42,000,000 which one is billion again?
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 952
    rayden said:
    42 Billion in  uri rolled   yes Billion     not the 1st Dos  crew     may as well  retire em with crypt keepers  can't tell me some has not bumped  the  dial
     I wouldn't buy a lottery ticket just yet if I were you.
    Wait till your losing streak has ended. That will be some time by the sounds of it.

By the way. Hundreds, tens and units.  ;)

May your shipyards never be idle.

How many players were banned last month? Keep the game clean.

I "like" or "dislike" your posts based on their merit not on who you are. If I don't give it a "like" or "dislike" it just means I don't agree with all of it, or more likely, I haven't seen it.  ;)
  • War_Pig277
    War_Pig277
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 204
    or here
  • bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    seems like the OP is incorrect. on a number of counts.
  • War_Pig277
    War_Pig277
    Minor Nuisance
    or here even
  • rayden
    rayden
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 1,331
    Ment 4.2 billion  forgot the  decimal

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 721
    rayden said:

That's still a lot lol

I applaud you for your efforts, I love this game but I can't dedicate enough of my time to even attempt to collect 1/5 of that amount lol :(
    Lou Seal wrote: »
    So, I see that square base, roll up and flatten it. Suddenly there's sector police everywhere, the noob is crying on coms and everyone's looking at me like I'm the bad guy? Shoulda built a better base.

I'm also not allowed back in that neighborhood.
    afroninja wrote: »
    I didn't think Man Tim could say anything more stupid, then what he normally post.. Today you have proved me wrong. Congrats. :D
    Rufi0 wrote: »
    "**** be loco"
  • Carlo DeNauw
    Carlo DeNauw
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Aug 2012 Posts: 4,036
    Also of note- as it was mentioned on the TFC show tonight- The dub rate drop wasn't changed in the code, but code is a complex thing. Something done somewhere else can affect other parts of the program, that's why they are still investigating even though the code itself wasn't changed. Idk why people polarize so badly on these topics when the answers are rarely black and white.
    "I'll admit- I avoid the forums, it's where motivation goes to die."
    -Unknown Game Developer... or is it?
  • James5446
    James5446
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 545
    Also of note- as it was mentioned on the TFC show tonight- The dub rate drop wasn't changed in the code, but code is a complex thing. Something done somewhere else can affect other parts of the program, that's why they are still investigating even though the code itself wasn't changed. Idk why people polarize so badly on these topics when the answers are rarely black and white.
    Maybe if they werent just piling code on top of already unstable BYM architecture, we wouldnt have daisy-chained issues. Like every **** time there's an update 
  • iwona.esser.1
    iwona.esser.1
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,760
    Unknown said:
    Im thinking his actual number is 4.2 million which is more believable. I've reached near that number rolling in one day before, also did not get a DoS crew but I stopped after finally getting one GM crew....
    ------------------------------------------------------
  • Ryan Holt
    Ryan Holt
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 2,077
    If it were anyone else, I would doubt the voracity of the claim (the spirit at least), but this dude rolls uri. More than I do and I've been known to roll in excess of several million in a day. As I said elsewhere, the drop rates have changed. It might not have been intended. Something else may have interfered with the rng seed gen or something, but, if you query a good amount of high uri rollers, they will almost all tell you the drop rate itself has changed.

Make sure you peeps make the distinction- I did not say it is impossible to roll something, but that the observable drop rate has in fact changed after the apollo raid set ended.
    Maybe the seed was the payout on trump winning the election? :)
    Real talk here - Kixeye make games just to mine the salt out of their forums.
    Score in Utopia: 231m
  • T00T
    T00T
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 1,580
    rayden said:

Image result for i declare shenanigans gif

Because I like math and have some free time....

Best case scenario using 1k rolls, it took you 4.2 million rolls to spend that much uranium. Realistically it is much higher at 5,246,416 rolls.

Assuming optimum rolling and the max uranium capacity of 293k you can get 366 rolls per warehouse fill up.
    (Starting with a 1k roll and then all re-rolls until you are out of uranium)
    Figure each re-roll costs 800 so we have 366*800+200 for the original roll = 293k

Also assuming max Uranium storage it would take 4.2 billion/293k = 14,311.4 fill ups.
    Now to get that Uranium during rolling, figure that with a constant IC crew, that would require 71,557 lvl 75 Aramdas.... or 42,934 DUB corners (hope you got a few shards with that)

So lets take the 14,311.4 fill ups x the 366 rolls per full warehouse = 5,246,416 rolls required to spend 4.2 billion uranium.

Now the uranium requirements aside, lets look at the time factor....

It takes the game about 2 seconds to register the roll fully before you can click re-roll. This also doesn't account for taking time to look at the roll.

Using 2 seconds per roll and 5.246 million rolls, you end up spending 10,492,832 seconds

Lets convert that to days:
    10,492,832/60 = 174,880.53 minutes
    174,880.53/60 = 2,914.68 hours
    2,914.68/24 = 121.44 days

So you spent the last 4 months straight rolling?

I'm not disputing the math, but that does not change the fact that a lot of players are reporting that the DoS just doesn't drop as it used to.
    In fact, it doesnt drop at all any more in my experience.

So even if the stated amount of rolled uri in OP is wrong, lets keep the thread on the subject, which was that DoS crew drops has changed.
  • ali.parr
    ali.parr
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 506
    edited 9 Oct 2016, 9:32AM
    no problem here
    Have those been rolled recently as in the during the last two raids? I did get them often but since the last Legion raid I have not had one and am rolling on average a million in uranium a day.

• kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    kixeyeuser_1421236348331_100008896387806
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 413
    rayden said:
    My store shows 30 coins for a 3 star crew. If that is the case, never mind the U, then Kix don't think you're stupid, they think more in the line of.......nevermind then they luuuuuuvvvvvvv your kind.
  • Zippernikkel
    Zippernikkel
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 787
    OP - you claim in the title of your post not to be stupid. Yet the spelling of that very title seems to be that of a five year old....... Things that makes you go hmmmmmmmmmm...

• Grathakar
    Grathakar
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 1,162
    These crews are TEMPORARY buffs. First and foremost since they are not permanent they should not be rediculously rare. And second they're not worth being so damned obsessed over. They shouldn't even be an issue unless you're using them to help a bunch of alliance mates and genuinely need a bucketload for unselfish reasons, in my opinion.
  • James5446
    James5446
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 545
    ali.parr said:
    no problem here
    Have those been rolled recently as in the during the last two raids? I did get them often but since the last Legion raid I have not had one and am rolling on average a million in uranium a day.

No. they are bought. That is the only way the DOS comes up, when you spend 30 coin

• locotime
    locotime
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 493
    I rolled a gazillion times. DOS crew does not drop. BB crew works somewhat just as well. Possible something very wrong goes on with that crew now. I remember what it did to locus UAVs. Those UAVs turned into fireballs and tore right up. 
    Somebody please make me a sandwich.
  • Kyle Deschenes
    Kyle Deschenes
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 530
    Most of you just wanna troll the OP for claiming he rolls billions of U, when the real issue is the FACT that the DOS crew odds have been manipulated somehow/someway since the last Apollo raid (forget the name)
  • sliceNdice
    sliceNdice
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 5,428
    Most of you just wanna troll the OP for claiming he rolls billions of U, when the real issue is the FACT that the DOS crew odds have been manipulated somehow/someway since the last Apollo raid (forget the name)
    Your personal experience with something does not make it a fact of reality.

You have no proof, save for your anecdotes, that the drop rate has changed.
    Forum Rules
    Got a genuine concern you want to share without toxic trolls? PM me. Don't start a thread that you know will be ruined and closed.
  • War_Pig277
    War_Pig277
    Minor Nuisance
    ali.parr said:
    no problem here

some were rolled in the 1k roll and some were the 30 coin roll. The RNG gods were with me 

This discussion has been closed.