High Council - the KIXEYE perspective

• sleuthyRogue
    sleuthyRogue
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,144
    Kivell said:

Was the meeting live stream only or recorded too? Would be nice for it to be posted on YouTube with a link on the (

Due to last minute technical issues with Kixeye's stream, Manni ended up being the only one recording it. You can find the archived videos here:

Twitch:
    https://www.twitch.tv/manni_gaming/v/80531983

YouTube:

Furthermore, if you're a tinfoil conspiracy theorist who absolutely refuses to give Manni some ad-revenue (even though it's been stated multiple times that he doesn't make a cent off these videos) I did take the liberty of transcribing a fair amount of the stream so people could read it instead. You can find it here:

https://www.kixeye.com/forum/discussion/comment/5261093
  • zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 863

@zissist Fat Chickens said:
    Devious169 said:

manni in council = fat chickens NOT in council. That is all

....And this is one of the exact reasons why you SHOULD NOT be on this council.

This council is not about you or your childish demands. You've already shown in one hour, that you want to to be all about you, with your 45 minute ranting.

IDGAF if you leave it, and I'm sure the majority of people playing this game would rather see you off of it. Go...GTFO

I'm sure if I put a poll on the forums if you should stay or go, your rearend would be booted out the door by a landslide. However, that just adds to you being in the spotlight with your drama queen persona, and I'm not an enabler.

Your ideas don't speak for me, and I'm sure they don't speak for 80 percent of the players other than ones everybody else has already been griping about.

If you want to make demands or you're leaving.... bye, don't let the door hit ya in the arse.... No sleep lost here. Just proves you're in it for 1 person only

umm yes ...  a lvl 14 base that has been playing for a year with fvf stats of 

FLEET FIGHTS

Win: 1

Lost: 3

Chance: 25%

As they say in pragmatic marketing ....

Yes ... Your opinion, although interesting, is irrelevant.

Seems your comment in this forum and the first meeting counsel is irrelevant. Lol besides your way of thinking have no weight for this meeting. As the others have their say about. You should go back to eve online, they are waiting for someone like to put some money on that game.

Fact #1 I don't play eve
    Fact #2 My "irrelevant" comments on the show are most of the things that will be accelerated by kixeye and posted here
    Fact #3 It is obvious that you know nothing about me, the game, or what transpired after the show.

So again, I say to you ...

Your opinion, although interesting, is irrelevant.

Have a wonderful day ;)

• DownFall1990
    DownFall1990
    Potential Threat
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 63

This council is not about you or your childish demands. You've already shown in one hour, that you want to to be all about you, with your 45 minute ranting.

IDGAF if you leave it, and I'm sure the majority of people playing this game would rather see you off of it. Go...GTFO

I'm sure if I put a poll on the forums if you should stay or go, your rearend would be booted out the door by a landslide. However, that just adds to you being in the spotlight with your drama queen persona, and I'm not an enabler.

Your ideas don't speak for me, and I'm sure they don't speak for 80 percent of the players other than ones everybody else has already been griping about.

If you want to make demands or you're leaving.... bye, don't let the door hit ya in the arse.... No sleep lost here. Just proves you're in it for 1 person only

FLEET FIGHTS

Zissis is focusin on Downfall LVL 36 with a Beta ID in 13500 lol he is a chicken ...a fat one :disappointed:
  • zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain
    edited 1 Aug 2016, 6:22PM
    Kivell said:

@Kivell said:
    Was the meeting live stream only or recorded too? Would be nice for it to be posted on YouTube with a link on the (

Was going to say on the same post as notes.

Manni was so posed to record it and give it to kixeye so they can publish it. Instead he recorded it, edited it for himself, and posted it on HIS utube channel with adds to support his patreon donations. I guess you can go to manni's utube channel to watch it and don't forget to subscribe to his patreon cash cow ;) lol!!!
  • DownFall1990
    DownFall1990
    Potential Threat

I personally dislike the very idea of the council. The less people you take your feedback from, the less likely it that you have a representative sample of players. In this instance, you have 2 of the largest coin spamming egos in the game,

I have alot of feedback from people all the time from the war room, people ask me questions and say things they don't like all the time to me as if i'm a member of Kixeye. So I get feedback from multipul sources. 

Who's the 2 coin spamming ego's because I sure as hell don't spam coin. I play cautious with my coins because they cost do **** much. Also my perspective takes the angle of none coiners over coiners. 

I also want the Russian Coin price back. I have been saying for years to Kixeye that less is more. I'm hoping they have seen since the "equal" pricing was released they seen a massive decrease in sales. Confirming what I always said; that  people will purchase more if prices were cheaper as they see a value for their money.

However my main focus is still and always will be for quicker fleet repairs. As it increases retention. No one likes logging in flying for 5 minutes then having to log off for 20 hours until their fleet is repaired again. it makes for very boring game play and people end up not bothering to continue playing eventually . 

I would love to see the stats from Kixeye showing player retention BEFORE the repair time change, then the stats showing AFTER the repair time change. and then the stats showing players a few weeks later when they had fleet bay 11 and their repair times become NO DIFFERENT to the repair time BEFORE the repair time update
    Make sure to tell this to kixeye next Council ok 
  • zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain

FLEET FIGHTS

Zissis is focusin on Downfall LVL 36 with a Beta ID in 13500 lol he is a chicken ...a fat one :disappointed:
    More like the whole SOS clan and all of 13500. Took 30 minutes to kill all of them. This is what happens to care bear sectors with big mouths lol
  • DownFall1990
    DownFall1990
    Potential Threat

FLEET FIGHTS

More like the whole SOS clan and all of 13500. Took 30 minutes to kill all of them. This is what happens to care bear sectors with big mouths lol
    you didnt attack no other SOS dude hahahahah just me and i killed 3 of your fleets you just spam them and coin repair them no skill ....lol let your friends help you ...you should leave council you have no skills 
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,287

FLEET FIGHTS

this have nothing to do with this thread zsissis

• patrikas555
    patrikas555
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 48

@PurpleCrayon said:
    Hi rebels,

Since @CM LXC is indeed on vacation I figured I'd jump in and provide the KIXEYE perspective on the high council from last week. @CM LXC wanted to make sure that the high council occurred prior to his leaving, otherwise it would have been another two weeks (at least) before anything kicked off. 

I'd like to talk about what we at KIXEYE got out of the inaugural council.

1) the council itself needs improving

This was the very first round, teething problems are pretty much expected. The big ticket items here are:

• a clearer agenda for each meeting
    • avoiding any interesting technical hurdles with live-streaming

To be clear we fully intended to broadcast it but ran in to an issue just as we were going to go live. It was important for us to share the council with you, to be transparent, and Manni was able to help us out and stream it. Next time we'll sort out our tech issues and broadcast ourselves.

2) PvP and Resources

This was a big take-home for us; reviewing resources (and resource starvation) during PvP action. This has prompted an internal discussion on various ways we can solve this, and bumped coming up with a solution significantly higher on our to-do list.

3) Bases

Bases has been a big ticket item on our radar for a while, and need some serious love. What we got out of this was that we need to both push that even higher on our schedule, and look at some interim solutions before the ‘bigger’ task to make bases viable again. Yes, this includes reviewing frubbling along with actual base performance.

4) Crafting and Grinding

Like bases, this needs some love from our end. This means both reviewing the scissors-paper-rock mechanic and reviewing the crafting targets themselves.

5) The council, as a concept, worked

The biggest part for us is that engaging directly with all the council members gave us a fresh perspective on the game that we don't get with the forums or facebook communities. This does not make those other media any less important; they are still vital. But being able to engage in dialog on these with a much faster turn-around (and with less noise) than forum conversations tend to attract was absolutely of value.

These are our main take-homes for this. We were doing our utmost to ensure each council member's voice was taken into consideration. We understand that everyone has their own personality. Yes, Ziss is a very talkative person, but the words of everyone else we absolutely listened to as well. I think the council as a whole would have been far less if any one of the participants wasn't there.

I'd like to personally thank the non-KIXEYE people who got us this far: @Donaghy ICU, @zissist Fat Chickens, @Manni-Gaming and @DrPhill BV So I'd very much like to do one of these again. Not exactly the same, this one had problems that need resolving. But those problems aren't unsolvable. The worst thing that could happen here is for us all to give up because the first one wasn't perfect.

As an aside, I won't be monitoring this thread. I'm not the CM, and we have @CM Scarlett looking after the forums in @CM LXC's absence. The CM team remain your best points of contact. Right now I'm busy looking into some issues with carrier squadrons and level 65 hunters.

All hail kixeye!

• SkyBuster
    SkyBuster
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 2,973
    edited 1 Aug 2016, 7:12PM

FLEET FIGHTS

You, as an individual, are irrelevant for this game/ forum/ the future of vega.

Ego? blown up bigger than your coin count.

Reason to be in the council for you - there is no.

Bye, you will be replaced.
  • zissist Fat Chickens
    zissist Fat Chickens
    Strike-force Captain

FLEET FIGHTS

this have nothing to do with this thread zsissis
    I agree! .. tell that to the guy that started it lol
  • Elim Garak45
    Elim Garak45
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 410

Agreed, we keep Manni and everyone gets a chance to speak and we don't have the Zis show again.

Also, we need the perspective of new players & mid level players, not just endgamers who have everything and don't need to farm anymore.

As a side note, I hate the way we have to farm our lives away to play the game now, same, same, same dull and boring **** time after time, reduce the pve grind by at least 90% and let us pvp more please :-)
  • mason.dixen
    mason.dixen
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 2,156
    I will be on a watch and see in regards to the high council.  In practice, this is a good concept, provides a fresh prospective, and allows use to directly engage in the companies path forward on the game development. 

I am not sure on many aspects, Manni being in Goat will have a good deal of back and support on one side of the coin.  I would like to see more in game polls and metrics to review how we go about progressing the game into a full community.

Alliances need a much needed attention. 
    "Forged in the flames of the original 8k wars"
    "Participant in the Jova Crusades; the winning side"
    "I hate cargo fleets.  What else do you want me to say"
    "I attacked you because you stole my piece of cheesecake with cherry toppings."
    "The government has ordered me to harvest this farm.  Please be patient as your base is harvested."
    IGN: MasonD
    ~Condolences to all who share a similar name - there can only be one.
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    SkyBuster said:

FLEET FIGHTS

You, as an individual, are irrelevant for this game/ forum/ the future of vega.

Ego? blown up bigger than your coin count.

Reason to be in the council for you - there is no.

Bye, you will be replaced.
    AGREE B)  Somebody stop me
    -The Mask

• subjectobanning
    subjectobanning
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 491
    edited 1 Aug 2016, 8:42PM
    will we get to post questions to be asked or is this just  a closed council without forum  input
     this post cant be off topic
  • Spask Crondusk
    Spask Crondusk
    Master Tactician
    deduijk said:
    The idea is nice, the set-up is terrible.
    Who was chosen? What/Who do they represent? What is their background? How chosen?

to be honest: I've watched only a little of the stream and some of the summary that was made by sleuthyrogue (gj!).

Two examples that indicate the council isn't representing all:
    1)
    It's very clear just by the resource issue alone these players do not need to upgrade or research anything any more. It's very hard for new players to get enough resources. Yes when you're done researching you will have plenty of resources most of the time and as a high level player it's easier to get resources; but the point was to speak for the entire community, at least that's the statement....

2)
    Speed issue; that it required more skill before. Clearly they weren't new players before the balancing update; there was no way you could do damage with a rancor to a zeal, EVER. Now you stand a small chance if you fly right.
    Yes the diversity got lost a little bit, i agree on that part, but that has nothing to do with required skill.

A high-council member that attacks another -in public no less!- (regardless of validity), plus the missing structure, plus the members and way chosen leads me to a doomed conclusion, but it was the first meeting, so let's try and stay positive:

Now some tips on the format and content:
    1. Set an agenda and select a few target areas/topics in advance.
    2. At least when uploading the video make a small summary with time links (e.g. 00:10:30 - Base balancing, 00:15:40 - Resources, etc.)
    3. (alternatively make a summary document with the key questions, answers and upcoming)
    4. Get input from the community. All questions that include "in my opinion", or "i want" basicly have no place in a high council. If there is an issue you're aware off, i'm sure the community already talked about it on the forum, SO DO RESEARCH or ask feedback.
      Of course this doesn't apply to (alternate) solutions, although there are plenty of suggestions on issues on the forum as well. The key will be to translate the mostly negative style of feedback to a positive, constructive solution.
      (if examples are needed, look at some of my posts on features forum. I identify an issue, propose multiple solutions and try and weigh those according to business- and player need.)
      ->To be in the council means to GET the information; make an effort to collect; not just ask players to send things to you!
    5. Small introduction of the members of the council (document linked in every meeting or a forum sticky, easier to get in contact with a member as well then...?)
    6. Let everyone talk, do not hijack another's point. Listen and then engage on what was said. Don't just make your own point.
    7. (Make someone the meeting leader that will make sure all are heard.)
    8. Think of impact of a solution on other areas of the game.
      (e.g. limiting resources will impact for example the ability to repair or build. And will have a much bigger impact on new players.)
      resources will only be a problem if you coin rep your fleets as a high level player btw.
    9. Act interested. SO LOSE THE **** CIGARETTE/SUNGLASSES etc

All in all there is lot's of room for improvement. Happy to help facilitate.

P.S.: With the reactions of zis: i'm glad he's stepping down. Hope you read this post and take it to heart.
    thats what i called a true team player. deduiik thumbs up for you bro. kudos.

• V e s p o
    V e s p o
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 1,839
    I do have a minor issue with the statements about Res- it was stated that there is too much res available in the sector... AND it was also stated that when it's PvP time there is not enough Res to go around.

It's a binary thing, either there is enough res, or there isn't. You can't expect the res availability to peak when you need it to, but stay lower for everyone else who's not involved in a PvP war.

"it's too easy to get res, I can just either spam out 7 autofleets and fill up whevnever i need"" and "When we start doing PvP and i coin repairs I run out of res too fast" are somewhat contradictory. The takeway from this shouldn't necessarily be "reduce the res available" - if there's fewer fleets to take res from, wo be it to the any low level players with over 1 million res because they will be farmed.

The contradiction should tell your that there is a lot more to the resource dynamic than just availability. The resource cost model is part of it- plus, once you get past about level 40, no one really needs huge amounts of ore any more, but there is still tons available from my perspective... however, if you reduce the amount of ore out there to a level where the 40+ players have to work to keep enough in stock, you're basically shutting down base development for the lower levels. It's the res costs for repairs versus the distribution of res across different level fleets. Lower level fleets should have higher percentages of ore (and a higher ratio of res to fleet level in general)- and perhaps higher level fleets should have a lower ratio of res to fleet level overall, and lean more towards He. (honestly, the AM percentages seem to be about right, it's He that's always more scarce).

Saying that riots are putting  too much res in the system isn't quite accurate either- the endgame players are the ones who really tank up- they have the holding capacity, and the time/fleets/technique to get the riot prizes they want and more than enough extra points to top off. The lower levels won't have as much extra points at the end of a riot since they are either just barely making their riot goals, and can't farm efficiently- heck , many endgamers already have all the riot prizes, so a riot is just free res to them- but for other players they may be burning off far more He than they are getting- it's a dynamic where the endgame experience is VERY different from that of the developing player.

• deduijk
    deduijk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 238
    edited 2 Aug 2016, 12:51AM
    Thanks for creating this thread, PurpleCrayon! I feel like it is important to evaluate our meetings publicly giving people an opportunity to help us improve - especially in these early and admittedly flawed days...

Since there's no point and time to cover irrelevant personal issues so I rather skip to the feedback part directly. Remember: Those are simply suggestions!

Good job. At least 1 of the members is actually trying to get input and is trying to 'represent' the community. No petty statements and dragging the thread completely off-topic. kudos.

I didn't hear 'i want' in Manni's questions (I admit: I might have missed some with the mic issues xD).
    Though I would suggest skimming through the forum too. Don't just ask for input or talk to your subscribers only (not saying you do, but you ask for input a lot, I would suggest raising an issue once in a while that you read on the forum and then asking input on that).

I suggest you guys also check out the less know feature section of the forum, where sometimes really nice ideas are mentioned. There's less clutter there form what i've seen too.
    Unfortunately never any feedback (so far) on the features i suggested unlike in the general forum, so i stopped making new posts there.

---
    My suggestion for now are changes to the social aspect of the game (i've never seen this mentioned anywhere as far as my searches have led me) as well:
    (i have game bugs/changes/feature ideas too, but there are already a lot out there. when an agenda is made for the next meeting i can make specific suggestions on that)

• Increase diplomacy: 20 is just not enough to add allies and enemies (not to mention we actually miss an allies color, so i think everyone's pretty much using orange ('alert') for that)
      (increasing diplomacy slots and an specific ally color have already been suggested multiple times)
    • Allow a player to join more then 1 channel (multi tab or in the same tab if multi tab isn't possible due to mobile spacing and such);
      For example an alliance group (e.g. Clan1, SubClan2 etc. in there) and a coalition channel
    • More control over a created channel: At the moment everyone can join a channel and there is no option to kick/ban a player or set a password so only 'authorized' people can get in
    • timestamps in chat
    • Ability to add notes to pm's (to the players in pm's; for example 'Leader of clan X')  and to organize them in groups
    • More then 50 Pm slots

Sorry.. post got a bit longer then intended.
  • NOT MEMPHIS
    NOT MEMPHIS
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 504
    High council should change its name to CoinCouncil.  Kix obviously only cares about the opinions of its coin-guzzling whales.

We were promised more PVP, what we got was even more farm grind.  

This council won't change anything.  Send a message to Kixeye by embracing the void until Kixeye stops misleading players.

#TeamVoid
    YUCK FOU

• deduijk
    deduijk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 238
    Add:
    Thanks Kix for taking the time and at least starting this initiative.
    With some tweaks it could really be something.
    Hope you will still skim through the forum from time to time though;).

• Hallack
    Hallack
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,085

@Manni-Gaming said:
    Thanks for creating this thread, PurpleCrayon! I feel like it is important to evaluate our meetings publicly giving people an opportunity to help us improve - especially in these early and admittedly flawed days...

Since there's no point and time to cover irrelevant personal issues so I rather skip to the feedback part directly. Remember: Those are simply suggestions!

1.: Maybe the name "High Council" isn't the best choice. It does suggest that the Non-Kixeye members must be of a higher plain or level than others which contradicts the very idea of this meeting which is: Getting the community aka "players" and the designers plus if possible also the business-representatives of Kixeye together to come up with ideas that improve the gaming experience and persistence of the game in a way both sides can go along with.
    Maybe the community can vote or suggest a few names that also sound important but not make it seem we're better in any way.

2.: PurpleCrayon or Kix in general: I'm hoping you have the point with "more accurate / thorough release notes" still on your list because It does not show up in the first posting and I just don't want this to get lost as it was one of the very few things everyone seemed to agree on.

3.: The meeting should probably be moderated by LXC or the moderator position may even rotate among the members simply making sure there's always someone responsible for maintaining course and having the time in mind.

4.: Also prior to the meetings - every member should send a short hangout of topics he would like to discuss to LXC for example. HOWEVER!: This should not mean that LXC or anyone else can simply avoid inconvenient topics and scratch them. That's not the purpose! The purpose would be to have an idea about what's coming so that a professional answere or impression can be given and to be able to roughly calculate how much time can be spent in which topic.

5.: I would like to point out that "Top Gear" our Vega Ship Calc admin would make a fine addition into the "Council" regardless of if anyone leaves or not. He has proven to me many times that he's very capable and has great insight into the game-dynamics and balancing. I did NOT talk to him about this. It's simply an idea I had while writing this.

6.: Obviously we need to sort out technical problems before the stream begins and make sure everything works. I had some nasty microphone problems during the first half or so. LXC was unable to stream via Hangout as intended and overall... We did not seem very prepared. That is definitely going to change.

Those are the most pressing points of feedback from my side for the timebeing.
    Let me know what you guys think!

It would be great to:

1. Change the name to something more benign than "High Council". That is a name guaranteed to foment revolt.

2. Create some modality for players to get questions to this group of people.

• Don't Speak
    Don't Speak
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 438
    Good to see this get started. The only bad thing I heard suggested was to reduce the RES availability. Worst thing you can do to the average player is reduce the RES and make them farm even more.
    Hope to see more of these sessions. Thank you to everyone for the participation and effort.
  • John Jones22
    John Jones22
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2015 Posts: 3,291

They need to lower the helium and am cost of repairing fleets but not make resource more scarce like zissis suggested. They need to make cruiser and frigate crafting better. They need to give us carrier supply runs. They need to give us lvl 11 cms for base.

• SiIverLance
    SiIverLance
    Incursion Leader
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 1,155

@Donaghy ICU said:
    SiIverLance said:

I personally dislike the very idea of the council. The less people you take your feedback from, the less likely it that you have a representative sample of players. In this instance, you have 2 of the largest coin spamming egos in the game,

I have alot of feedback from people all the time from the war room, people ask me questions and say things they don't like all the time to me as if i'm a member of Kixeye. So I get feedback from multipul sources. 

Who's the 2 coin spamming ego's because I sure as hell don't spam coin. I play cautious with my coins because they cost do **** much. Also my perspective takes the angle of none coiners over coiners. 

I also want the Russian Coin price back. I have been saying for years to Kixeye that less is more. I'm hoping they have seen since the "equal" pricing was released they seen a massive decrease in sales. Confirming what I always said; that  people will purchase more if prices were cheaper as they see a value for their money.

However my main focus is still and always will be for quicker fleet repairs. As it increases retention. No one likes logging in flying for 5 minutes then having to log off for 20 hours until their fleet is repaired again. it makes for very boring game play and people end up not bothering to continue playing eventually . 

I would love to see the stats from Kixeye showing player retention BEFORE the repair time change, then the stats showing AFTER the repair time change. and then the stats showing players a few weeks later when they had fleet bay 11 and their repair times become NO DIFFERENT to the repair time BEFORE the repair time update

To be honest, in your case I did stretch a little to make a point. It is human nature to act in your own self interest, and as the leader of many people who do actually coin spam, I view you as their voice. Im not saying that you are a bad choice to be on the council, but I just dont see you representing the average player on issues like midgard squadron range (not even brought up...), and the rest of the council fails to represent a larger sampling.

Many of you dislike Manny, but he only makes money off his youtube stuff if noobs play the game. Therefore his self interest alignes with newer players. Much as a politician must satisfy his constituence, Manny must be the voice of the noobs or he will lose his funding.

I do commend you on your calm presence, you could certainly get away with being a loudmouthed abnoxious asshat, so not doing so means more.