Pre-Event Discussion (Renamed thread)

• One_Eyed_Zombie
    One_Eyed_Zombie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,053
    frank p said:
    Ok, so when is the next Hull raid?????
    They have 3 a year... April, August and December
    If you don't see a point in it then just don't do it...... It really is that simple....
  • One_Eyed_Zombie
    One_Eyed_Zombie
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 1,053
    TIGGGGGER said:
    this might not be the right page...but stats on the gattlin gun says "can not be used with or for remote tarrgeting" hhhmmm anyone @ kix wanna way in here?

The secondary part of the weapon with 105 range can not be used to trigger remote targeting but the primary with 68 range will trigger remote targeting.
    If you don't see a point in it then just don't do it...... It really is that simple....
  • Crazy_Horse
    Crazy_Horse
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jun 2012 Posts: 415
    Laredo said:
    Any Preview Server Videos? Nothing found. Any post any to get an idea?
    Here is Price's stream.  At the 1h15min mark is the hit on my base.

The cheeks stayed closed on that hit! Good one.
    I have No Voice, Therefore, I am Silent
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 4,241
    frank p said:
    Ok, so when is the next Hull raid?????
    You should know by now that Hull raids are every 4 months, April, August & December.
    Practicing piracy on the high seas for generations
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 2,218
    edited 11 Jul 2016, 4:34AM
    Laredo said:
    imho enforcers and normal behemoths and even a goliath are better then the new hull as a base defence ship only use i can see for it is putting it out of reach with anti morders so it can shoot them down and not get shot at cuz even with 500k armor it still dies faster than a 99% resistance enforcer with only 22k hp
    From using the Vanquisher in the Preview, it is a lot better than my Enforcers.  It also has thermal, the Enforcer doesn't.  The weapon is better against ships than the D98U.  These are some of my opinions on the new hull and weapon.
    enforcer has 5 more weapon slots to fit the new weapon giving it 324000 potential damage per volly as oposed to the vanquishers 113400 potential damage enforcer starts shooting the vanquisher with a 10% range boost as opposed to 5% making it alot harder to snipe and fires faster and has a max weight of over 13k as opposed to 8k altho it does lose out in special slots were it has only 4 to the vanquishers 5 and an enforcer with the new weapon will rank alot faster than the vanquisher besides its classefied as a defence hull but has no defences to speak of and has a 100% defence handy cap

the hull itsself still looks cool as heck and ill prolly go for it just to i can look at the art design but with the stats as is ill prolly never use it over an enforcer and gama behemoth
  • Kane0324
    Kane0324
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2015 Posts: 205
    edited 11 Jul 2016, 6:35AM
    Laredo said:
    Look at it this way, the high damage stats mean a high evade hull will take a ton of damage.
    how does that make sense? the guns accuracy is 60 and has no splash, a high evade hull seems the only way to defend against this weapon, what am I missing?
  • Bobo of the High Seas
    Bobo of the High Seas
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 669
    Doxy said:
    So really, what's the functional difference between the two?  Multi-shot fires all at once and can be affected by Barrel Systems?
    Yes on the second question.

For the first, the difference is that salvo weapons have a 0.2 second delay between shots, so they take longer to reload, and get relatively less benefit from reload/rank bonuses (since the shot delay isn't affected).
    Thanks.  Didn't consider the salvo time which as you point out, affects actual DPS through reduced effectiveness of ranking/reload bonuses.
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    ChinseMan said:
    Doesn't this make the gamma obsolete? No wonder the game's been dropping them to everyone for free.
    Not really the new boat uses a launcher and the vendetta has a deflection of 9k so the Gamma with ballistics is still quite relevant
    New launcher is 10k damage. As it seems many use Revs to lead Vends, those Revs will be hulls hurt. Vend will still be stung to a degree by the new launcher.
    as i already wrote - 1. my gamma last longer than this hull, 7 weapon slots for a guardhull is not much - even not enough - for vendettas u need a lot of antis too in ur guard. and even the new launcher with 10k damage with only 7 weapon slots on the hull doesnt do that big damage on the vens. i  tried it on different bases they where using the new hull and it just makes to rush the base easier again. especially on bases with 5 of them as i saw some. U cant rush a base with a drac carrier, pn and gamma in
    How many players in the game DON'T have a Gamma, a Proto-Nem, or both? YOU may have all the toys, many others don't. A P-Nem also has a horrendous repair time.
    I'd say that for those that don't have the Enforcer & D98-U (all players who started after July last year won't have the Antipode, for example) will be needing SOMETHING durable for their bases.
    Counter-measure loaders 3 would be a good option to fit to the Vanq, imo. Improved reload to other weapons fitted, & added range & accuracy to any antis fitted.
    it was just the answer that if can replace the gamma or not - didnt say its for nothing - u r right for every one who dont has this toys like me its for sure a good guard hull :-) - but every who has the chance to get and build a gamma should do it - it cant replace it :-)
    "Only" 4 more shards needed for the Gamma. Can't wait :smile:
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914

@Lady-Jessica said:
    Laredo said:

Lady-Jessica said:

imho enforcers and normal behemoths and even a goliath are better then the new hull as a base defence ship only use i can see for it is putting it out of reach with anti morders so it can shoot them down and not get shot at cuz even with 500k armor it still dies faster than a 99% resistance enforcer with only 22k hp

From using the Vanquisher in the Preview, it is a lot better than my Enforcers.  It also has thermal, the Enforcer doesn't.  The weapon is better against ships than the D98U.  These are some of my opinions on the new hull and weapon.

enforcer has 5 more weapon slots to fit the new weapon giving it 324000 potential damage per volly as oposed to the vanquishers 113400 potential damage enforcer starts shooting the vanquisher with a 10% range boost as opposed to 5% making it alot harder to snipe and fires faster and has a max weight of over 13k as opposed to 8k altho it does lose out in special slots were it has only 4 to the vanquishers 5 and an enforcer with the new weapon will rank alot faster than the vanquisher besides its classefied as a defence hull but has no defences to speak of and has a 100% defence handy cap

the hull itsself still looks cool as heck and ill prolly go for it just to i can look at the art design but with the stats as is ill prolly never use it over an enforcer and gama behemoth

First off, Engrish. Secondly, Of COURSE an Enforcer can snipe a Vanquisher, THE ENFORCER CAN MOVE. However. You must consider this. in a Blitz scenario an Enforcer is just gonna straight up die. The Vanquisher will not. Both PVP hull weapons are built to be most powerful when Blitzing, and The Vanquisher will be fighting a Battle of attrtion (Need I mention it's INSANE Repair time FOR IT'S HP?!) Enforcers in order to survive Vendettas, which are built to counter Enforcers, will need a lot of Expl Def. Or go for Concussive defense to survive Revenges. But you are still open to harassing fire from deluge subs, Cobra subs, R5 Mastadons, R5 Rhinos, and Proto Mastys. Vanquisher lacks these problems, though I feel it does need a further range boost.

• Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord

@Lady-Jessica said:
    Laredo said:

Lady-Jessica said:

First off, Engrish. Secondly, Of COURSE an Enforcer can snipe a Vanquisher, THE ENFORCER CAN MOVE. However. You must consider this. in a Blitz scenario an Enforcer is just gonna straight up die. The Vanquisher will not. Both PVP hull weapons are built to be most powerful when Blitzing, and The Vanquisher will be fighting a Battle of attrtion (Need I mention it's INSANE Repair time FOR IT'S HP?!) Enforcers in order to survive Vendettas, which are built to counter Enforcers, will need a lot of Expl Def. Or go for Concussive defense to survive Revenges. But you are still open to harassing fire from deluge subs, Cobra subs, R5 Mastadons, R5 Rhinos, and Proto Mastys. Vanquisher lacks these problems, though I feel it does need a further range boost.

Got to agree about the range boost issue. That's #1 in my book, bring it to 10%, & it'd be great. Those running a Frosty in their base could fit Sonic 3 to improve sonar coverage to cover the Deluge issue. well-sited Frosties can't be taken out by subs either, not even GCs. (They do need to be very well-sited vs GCs)
    I think Counter-Measure Loaders 3 would be an excellent choice of special if using some Gales, & would add to reload rate of the Cyclone.
  • Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician

@Lady-Jessica said:
    Laredo said:

Lady-Jessica said:

just because i don't use punctuation doesn't make what i say "engrish" second wtf are you talking about sniping a vanquisher with an enforcer and the ability to move is irrelevant you shouldn't have to have it move in the 1st place as for blitzing that's what slowdown effects and frontline turrets and walls are for vendetta rockets and revenge chain guns sill have to go through them which will take alot of time and if you are having issues with deluge missiles mastadons rinos and protomastadons you have a bad base and neither enforcer nor vanquisher will help you with that
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord

@Lady-Jessica said:
    Laredo said:

Lady-Jessica said:

just because i don't use punctuation doesn't make what i say "engrish" second wtf are you talking about sniping a vanquisher with an enforcer and the ability to move is irrelevant you shouldn't have to have it move in the 1st place as for blitzing that's what slowdown effects and frontline turrets and walls are for vendetta rockets and revenge chain guns sill have to go through them which will take alot of time and if you are having issues with deluge missiles mastadons rinos and protomastadons you have a bad base and neither enforcer nor vanquisher will help you with that
    I've seen an Enforcer with D98-U kill a base before. It was quite funny. So yes, an Enforcer could be used in this regard in a base where the owner had rather crap tech but the new hull & weapon, thinking that he was "golden" (ya know, those low 50s that got given the tech to them, by generous alliance members)

Goliaths? Rubbish these days. Even @ R10, they only have 3 special slots. However, it's possible that they'll go into the Foundry at some stage, & it'll probably be the Tier 1 hull (Defender series).
  • coopers hawk
    coopers hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 103
    ppalley said:
    isn't this a base turrent ?

Considering it says it will pair well with the new defender hull, probably not.

The thought that goes through my head is that the two conqueror hulls that are out there are both pretty resilient against launchers, with one being outright immune to explosions and radiation damage while the other can get its evade up to the point that it's near-impossible to get an explosion on them without having 20-odd D98's coming in with a 6x multiplier.

So, if this is supposed to be a defender-launcher pairing, just how overpowered is this thing going to be?
    as far as i can tell watching revs attack bases launchers are about the only thing that does good damage when they are in bloodthurst and when they aint kill them fast 

• coopers hawk
    coopers hawk
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Mar 2014 Posts: 103
    ppalley said:
    isn't this a base turrent ?

Considering it says it will pair well with the new defender hull, probably not.

The thought that goes through my head is that the two conqueror hulls that are out there are both pretty resilient against launchers, with one being outright immune to explosions and radiation damage while the other can get its evade up to the point that it's near-impossible to get an explosion on them without having 20-odd D98's coming in with a 6x multiplier.

So, if this is supposed to be a defender-launcher pairing, just how overpowered is this thing going to be?
    as far as i can tell watching revs attack bases launchers are about the only thing that does good damage when they are in bloodthurst and when they aint kill them fast 

cept for scatterguns that is but scatterguns don't seem to hurt revs much when they are in bloodthurst 

• Lady-Jessica
    Lady-Jessica
    Master Tactician
    I've seen an Enforcer with D98-U kill a base before. It was quite funny. So yes, an Enforcer could be used in this regard in a base where the owner had rather crap tech but the new hull & weapon, thinking that he was "golden" (ya know, those low 50s that got given the tech to them, by generous alliance members)

Goliaths? Rubbish these days. Even @ R10, they only have 3 special slots. However, it's possible that they'll go into the Foundry at some stage, & it'll probably be the Tier 1 hull (Defender series).
    i would hope that it would be goli t1 guardian t2 and enforcer and behemoth for t3 and 4 dont know what order they would be in there and that they just skip the rampart all together
  • Rum Bum
    Rum Bum
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2013 Posts: 249
    The new ship and weapons on their own are not going to make a noticeable difference in base defense.  If you don't have frosty's you still dead. I tested this during the preview. The only noticeable difference was it lived a little longer, but your base is still lost. If you can't slowdown the attacker, you dead no matter what. What we need is the frosty's to be back up for grabs.
  • Fry lock
    Fry lock
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined May 2013 Posts: 1,702
    Rum **** said:
    The new ship and weapons on their own are not going to make a noticeable difference in base defense.  If you don't have frosty's you still dead. I tested this during the preview. The only noticeable difference was it lived a little longer, but your base is still lost. If you can't slowdown the attacker, you dead no matter what. What we need is the frosty's to be back up for grabs.
    Frosty gets slaughtered very quickly. There would have to be a new incarnation.
  • rufus0728
    rufus0728
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2013 Posts: 66
    can we get a peek at the rest of the prize list?
    rufus
  • Laredo
    Laredo
    Joined Dec 2011 Posts: 18,718
    rufus0728 said:
    can we get a peek at the rest of the prize list?
    On Tuesday or Wednesday 
  • may we see the whole prize count ;)
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    Sure. You're going to need 30+million points just to get the special, weapon & hull if you haven't already redeemed any prizes. Add in other nice things hopefully offered, & you'll easily been needing 50 mil. Throw in a 100-200 shards for hulls, fragments & so forth, & yeah, 300 million points will do you very nicely.

Have a nice day now :wink:
  • Ewokie
    Ewokie
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,518
    edited 12 Jul 2016, 4:45AM
    Sure. You're going to need 30+million points just to get the special, weapon & hull if you haven't already redeemed any prizes. Add in other nice things hopefully offered, & you'll easily been needing 50 mil. Throw in a 100-200 shards for hulls, fragments & so forth, & yeah, 300 million points will do you very nicely.

thats not funny..lol thats how people get smashed lmfao
    Image may contain: text and outdoor
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ewokie said:

thats not funny..lol thats how people get smashed lmfao
    Awww, I was just having a lil fun.... But yeah, the player should figure on getting as many points as he can really... 40-50 million isn't a bad thing to hope for, especially if a low level getting lots of help, as boy, I tell ya, with some of them fleets on the high seas, they kinda need it.
  • Ewokie
    Ewokie
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 1,518
    15 for hull, 9 for weapon and 6 for special i think was what the last raids have been

Image may contain: text and outdoor
  • Blackbeard III
    Blackbeard III
    Unicorn Overlord
    Ewokie said:
    15 for hull, 9 for weapon and 6 for special i think was what the last raids have been

Executioner turret was thrown in last raid for 5 mil. If he's not got Tiers 1-3, add another 3 or so (?) Maybe, just maybe, they throw in the Apoc, I bet there's a few pirates out there itching to get their hands on that tech?
  • Financeranger
    Financeranger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 462
    snore....losing interest in a game that just is chores, chores, chores. I think I will sit this one out.
    Level 102, Collected all the hulls kix wants me to coin! Sectors travels...who cares play the game and don't whine when you get hit!
  • is there a chance that the switchblade weapon and apollo will be offered again for this raid? i need them for pve targets and for next raid.. i hope they will be available again..

• Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Chat Moderator
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 901

is there a chance that the switchblade weapon and apollo will be offered again for this raid? i need them for pve targets and for next raid.. i hope they will be available again..

yes the apollo switchblade and special are suppose to be available this entire raid cycle

• @Damnation-n-Hellfire said:
    kixeyeuser_1349459241731_23156_1122103626 said:

is there a chance that the switchblade weapon and apollo will be offered again for this raid? i need them for pve targets and for next raid.. i hope they will be available again..

yes the apollo switchblade and special are suppose to be available this entire raid cycle

thanks..i hope a mod can confirm this

• bananaland1
    bananaland1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 332
    ppl talking about defender foundy...
    ...i wonder where the fragments are going to drop from?

logically you should get frag drops from 'successful base defense'??

(and vice versa for conquerer foundry, when it eventually gets there?)
This discussion has been closed.