Designer's Notes Discussion

• MaddGuiness
    MaddGuiness
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2013 Posts: 36
    The new changes will kill the game.When it does, many will never play anything Kix again.This is changing into a new game and we are not ok with it.We refuse to coin, and soon will abandon this game. Fix it or perish!!!!!
    MGX
  • ToyotaObsession
    ToyotaObsession
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5,983
    The new changes will kill the game.When it does, many will never play anything Kix again.This is changing into a new game and we are not ok with it.We refuse to coin, and soon will abandon this game. Fix it or perish!!!!!
    Ah yes, the number of times I heard that after the Scourge was pretty humorous after seeing how many of them never left. It's funny how people making the game seem to know a bit more about making games than the peanut gallery. 
    The Rules we talk about constantly
    Report hackers because of the rules.
    Submit a ticket if you qualify.

Questions? Concerns? PM me.                                            image
  • Snocky
    Snocky
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,145
    James5446 said:
    I heard your car wasn't driving correctly. so we added 37 more wheels. 

and 17 of them face sideways?...lol

• GoBigOrGo Home
    GoBigOrGo Home
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 323
    My analysis:

More specialized hull types= kix wants more coin.
    More specialized target types= kix wants more coin.
    More changes to most targets every 5-6 months= kix wants more coin.
    More specialized reflection/deflection types= kix wants more coin.
    More specialized bypass types= kix wants more coin.
    Ship build times creeping up again = kix wants more coin.
    Weapon and special refits needed to counter changes= kix wants more coin.
    No across the board reduction in build or refit or repair times = kix still is avoiding the elephant in the room.
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance then baffle them with BS = kix strategy.
  • Wayward_son
    Wayward_son
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 615
    whee said:
    whee said:
    cause yesterday was last week. and im sorry but ive never heard of the forsaken council, thought i would be told important stuff in a game notice, not on some random youtube ****, sadly kix is all about those with no lives that have to know the smallest things.
    Almost three weeks ago there was a post by GD raiken, ON THE FORUMS, that outline a lot of the seperation of PVE and PVP. in that bases get resist bypass, PVE targets get deflection Bypass. Get over it, you didn't research it and thought you could exploit, an Op'ed hull. You bought in and lost, get over it
    so now you have to read the forums to be inform of anything in the game, have played for 4 years almost and never had to look at forums to know waht was going on.  why would i think i would need to look at the forums suddenly, for no reason. and if this was all discussed 3 weeks ago why werent the actual changes posted until yesterday? why not post them before the raid? oh right, cause otherwise no one would bother getting the revenge as it will be useless in a month
    Got to have something to do, while ships are repairing. Put some time, into seeing the inner working of the game. Nobody i know plays a game without looking at the forums. ignorance is not bliss, in this game, more akin to heartbreak
  • Wayward_son
    Wayward_son
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 615
    Truthfully, every change slowly kills this game. Because the devs do not play, or do not play like we do, They are as out of touch, as a fingerless hand. yes you can get a feel, but not the full effect or texture
  • ALADDIN_SANE
    ALADDIN_SANE
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2012 Posts: 219
    We want to see you get more use out of your old hulls............................So we are making all your new hulls as much use as all your old hulls. Simple :)

• A game
    A game
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 955
    I am now going to reconsider any future involvement I had planned with this game...feeling overwhelmed is not something we like very well.
  • BIG_BALLSBIGS
    BIG_BALLSBIGS
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 66
    My analysis:

More specialized hull types= kix wants more coin.
    More specialized target types= kix wants more coin.
    More changes to most targets every 5-6 months= kix wants more coin.
    More specialized reflection/deflection types= kix wants more coin.
    More specialized bypass types= kix wants more coin.
    Ship build times creeping up again = kix wants more coin.
    Weapon and special refits needed to counter changes= kix wants more coin.
    No across the board reduction in build or refit or repair times = kix still is avoiding the elephant in the room.
    If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance then baffle them with BS = kix strategy.
    They do have to make money , coders and graphics folks are not cheap.  what price will you pay to keep the game going?

Army SFC, Retired

BP Addict,
    started playing in 2012
  • stingrayslammer
    stingrayslammer
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2012 Posts: 145
    IvyL40 said:
    My god what is this game coming to. I think we may need an interpreter at some point or at least a strategist in each alliance. You seem to be be making a relatively straight forward game into a very complex one. In time it might all make sense but just at the minute I don't know if I am on earth or mars. I hope you guys know what you are doing !!!!! 
    think it's a bit late to call for an interpreter, cld do with a psychologist to figure out what going thru their noggin's fairly simple game taken thru **** knows how many changes and directions think they've just completely baffled the crap outta themselves and now they just throwing anything into the mix, kinda like the old addage.........."bullsh*t baffles brains" they just taking it to a different level lol
  • GreatDaneCoots
    GreatDaneCoots
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 30
    It's really so very, very simple, Kixeye; lower the build, refit and repair times. Period. That's it! Players will be able to earn, build, use, refit, tweak, adjust, experiment, and generally ENJOY their fleets and base designs doing what is fun - fighting computer targets and other players. More players will play, and will play for longer periods of time. It will be more fun and less of a grind. You will make more money due to the rise in participation and enthusiasm for the game. But, I fear, you would rather stick with having one player spending $1000 per month than ten players spending $100 per month. 
  • IronManda
    IronManda
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 153
    So now it seems that nearly everything we have will be made obsolete.  We will need to make fleets for FvF, Garrison, skirmish, etc., etc.  How many fleets is that?  We have deflection and resists and bypass for both among ships and turrets.  Targets we know will change so the function of the ships we have will be a mystery unless you study this stuff.  It's nice to give depth, but this is too much stuff for people who don't want to earn an AA degree in Battle Pirates.  We also have NEVER had enough time to build ships when things were more simple.  How are we going to build all we need when nearly everything we have was made worthless to generate the need for new everything?

This seems like one giant mess to me.
  • CodeTech666
    CodeTech666
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 46
    So, "if you like your old hulls, you can keep your old hulls".
    Seems to me I've heard that kind of logic before...
  • samfugate
    samfugate
    Greenhorn
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 6
    Don't care if you change the game set-up going forward. BUT to sell me that the revenge is a base hitter and I buy and build it for that, then right after raid you say ohh noo it's going to be a PVP ship is false advertising and misrepresentation. You have made it obsolete before I can use it, talk about short shelf life!!! Please refund my coinage and TIME for your used car sales man ship...  OH love the game!!! 
  • piratepartisan
    piratepartisan
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,936
    the build and repair time has to be seriously reduced with all this changes
  • jschlue2
    jschlue2
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 655
    Ah yes, the number of times I heard that after the Scourge was pretty humorous after seeing how many of them never left. It's funny how people making the game seem to know a bit more about making games than the peanut gallery. 
    And you forget the end-of-the-world-sky-is-falling-the-game-is-dead posts that happened when the FM was changed and the 75-85 Strongholds were rolled out.

• jschlue2
    jschlue2
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 655
    samfugate said:
    Don't care if you change the game set-up going forward. BUT to sell me that the revenge is a base hitter and I buy and build it for that, then right after raid you say ohh noo it's going to be a PVP ship is false advertising and misrepresentation. You have made it obsolete before I can use it, talk about short shelf life!!! Please refund my coinage and TIME for your used car sales man ship...  OH love the game!!! 
    Base hitter = PvP.  No "false advertising and misrepresentation"

• Snocky
    Snocky
    Master Tactician
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 2,145
    jschlue2 said:
    And you forget the end-of-the-world-sky-is-falling-the-game-is-dead posts that happened when the FM was changed and the 75-85 Strongholds were rolled out.
    and indeed that did cause many many players to leave.......you try some PvP you will see how many dead bases there are out there

• bort
    bort
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 8,257
    Could you guys not bring balance and playability back to the game without over complicating it even further for an already confused audience? 

Was it really necessary to develop the game away from resistances and understood mechanics by adding in deflection bypass in the first place? 

I'm sorry but I'm going to say it I have no faith in GD Raiken at all
    given it was too complicated for you when seawolves were released, that's not saying much.
  • kixeyeuser_40818305
    kixeyeuser_40818305
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 37
    Adding more BS to a game that everyone is leaving because of the stupid repair and build times. A ton of people going to Robot Apocylips because 1 hour to repair a flt not 7 hours for 3 ships. 1-2 hour builds hmmmm sounds like BP used to be when it was still a fun game.

• robert.sorrell.39
    robert.sorrell.39
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 44
    I want to keep my reply simple. I play in a raid and do the mini raids with a goal to have a fleet of  the ship I earned built by the next raid which does take coining.  After this raid I had two revenges built by the end of the raid at a cost of $80. (I took advantage of the tokens I earned in the raid) I have played with the two and I am very disappointed in the new weapon, it is very difficult to use so it is a good thing the ship has a lot of armor.  I do like the revenge a lot just hate the weapon.

I have noticed, to make dooms point, each ship does terrific on certain targets they were designed to hit and terrible on everything else. The punisher so far has been the only recent build which does decent on most targets, everything since then has been just specific types of targets. Everything before the punisher is old tech now. These are my findings based on my observations.

I think the concern for those who either cannot or do not want to pay a lot to play are wondering if they can get a ship that can compete in a lot of things so they do not have to have so many different fleets and those fleets will play for a decent amount of time so they will not feel like they have thrown their money away. I have felt that way a lot the last couple of years and I have been playing since the beginning. I have liked the recent changes and I am looking forward to seeing where the game goes.

The r
  • robert.sorrell.39
    robert.sorrell.39
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 44
    labaron26 said:
    From my understanding, and this is so complicated that my head can't absorb it,.......the Revenge Hull, is not going to be such as awesome as what it was in this Raid....Those who speed built it..(I got the Blueprint, but could not afford to speed build it as many others did), are going to be disappointed by spending their $$ on it.....It is not going to be as useful, if at all, in future Raids.....Probably only against FM targets now....and that will change in the future also......just my opinion.
    I was looking at the revenges parameters and I noticed it was super strong in all defenses except Radiation in which case it was  a big negative. It was designed to be a super base hitter. (my understanding) but all one needs to do is have enforcers or radiation ships and they would make short work of these fleets. I do plan to test that theory.

• Faolchu
    Faolchu
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2011 Posts: 247
    I'm just disappointed with Kixeye over these changes, I think they weren't needed and seem to be adding extra layers of complexity when they were put across as being necessary to simplify the game. If you wanted to increase hull longevity then why not leave the mission targets the same. This whole we want to improve hull longevity by moving raid targets to mission targets. Seems only intended to shorten the longevity of hulls and designed to enforce a kind of rolling upgrade path on players.

This game is in dire need of a whole host of QOL changes and honest upfront communication from the developers. Why can't we get massively reduced repair times, ship build times and base build times. Or raids that are fun and aren't grindfests or souped up HP bar vs HP bar brawls. 

I think the developers need to be complete forthright about what they think is the target amount they think people should spend to play the game and compete evenly with other players per month. And what they define as being able to compete. Because right now I think the cost to actively play the game and raid on a day to day basis is too high and these changes will do nothing to help with that.
  • jschlueter1
    jschlueter1
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 506
    Snocky said:
    jschlue2 said:
    and indeed that did cause many many players to leave.......you try some PvP you will see how many dead bases there are out there

I do PvP and never have a problem finding bases to hit
  • sinista
    sinista
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2011 Posts: 1,752
    For pete's sake people, all I'm hearing is "Now I have to refit my hulls" or, worse yet, "now my punishers won't kill everything!"

It's a strategy game.  The game devs are adding a new layer of strategy.  So, use some strategy.  For too long the top-coining players have been able to just take the latest hammer and turn every target into a nail.  For those of us who actually place a value on using different hulls to do different things, and actually have fun trying different ways to do things and like different types of targets to hit, this looks like a lot of fun.  Hell, it even fixes the problem of "it's all just chores!" by not being the same targets each time around.  And for those of us who, like me, don't have a lot or any of the top raid-prize hulls, this looks at first blush like a great way to make use of all of those OTHER hulls we've had to build along the ways - the NCs, the Mercuries, the Vinnies, the Mastos - so that we don't have to scrap them.  Because each of those hulls will now have a niche.  And, honestly, that's really good news.

this isnt a strategy game. if i have a strategy and build a fleet to use that strategy and the kixeye changes things so the strategy doesnt work, that makes it a game of sour grapes on kixeyes part.

"oh look they took our rules and the hulls, weapons we gave them used a strategy and now dont give us as much money. time to force them to pay us more. CHANGE IT ALL!!!! MUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!1!!!1!!!!!11"

oh and none of your old hulls will ever be top of the line, kix will simply adjust the difficulty and rules to match the latest raid hull(cash cow).

When it comes to Kixeye, hope for the best but expect the worse.
  • kixeyeuser_40818305
    kixeyeuser_40818305
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2014 Posts: 37
    Doesn't really matter for me because I know that a lot of people have been saying that this game is dead but for me it pretty much is. Sail on my friends.
  • Will Cameron
    Will Cameron
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 105
    Seems we  the Pirates have done too well in the ship building department/ testing......Now your going to be told what ship to use on what target. And that is it....This in no way helps the player....Having a fleet that does Great on one part of the game and ok in another is no longer a option... I hope they have tested it all and thought about Build times for all these tasks/chores.....I'll Play for Free and see where this all goes......
    yes sir!
  • Capt. SexyX
    Capt. SexyX
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 61
    Hi Everyone, here are my issues:

1. Stop nerfing tech
    2. Stop giving us tech and then countering it to make it less effective or useless
    3. Stop releasing tech and then changing stats to benefit Kixeye
    4. Shorten build times or let us build at least two hulls at once (i just started a phantom tiger for a 34 day build) this is insane 

This Revenge raid had so many issues, server crashing, points not being awarded, badges not being awarded, missing coins, damage being upped after day one, not being able to go into base, not being able to attack targets. (don't deny it please and thank you) With the money Kixeye makes we need better quality gaming, please fix all the lagging, crashing and bugs lord know we coin enough to pay for it.  

I play Battle Pirates for the fun, yes its sad but its my happy place. I could be a criminal or drug addict but I play Battle Pirates, although crack might be cheaper then coining these days. We get new tech and by the time its built its worthless and ready to be scrapped, or its nerfed :disappointed: Lots of people left, plan on leaving over this. The additional information is nice but please stop with the above mentioned stuff. Thank you