Designer's Notes Discussion

• Stan237
    Stan237
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 137

100% a money grab. Kix is losing a ton of money. What better way that to get everyone to start from scratch.

• BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 970
    The new direction as described by GD Raikan must be applauded.
    Overall it goes a very long way to solving one of the biggest gripes for many players, that being the longevity of a ships usefulness. 
    Many above are already crying that the Revenge is almost obsolete already. To those, I say go back and re-read GD Raikens post again but this time try to take in the whole picture.

What's not to like?

The foundry and retro concept offer much for all levels of player to look forward to.

Since Raikans first messages to us it's clear that Kixeye have indeed heard the masses and are taking the bull by the horns with sweeping radical changes right across the board that will benefit all. Even though many can see this as a huge forward step to addressing the issues most often complained about, there is always resistance to change. Also reading the above posts I see the conspiracy theorists are also out in force.
    I only see the benefits and look forward to the many forth coming changes.
    Someone posted above that all the new concepts don't address player concerns. Perhaps they don't address that particular players concerns. Anyone who ever thought that repair time or build time and so on would be cut in half overnight probably needs to change their expectations.

I see some people complaining about lack of communication. This I find a bit strange, since those very people are here in the forum.
    Anyone who plays BP and doesn't visit the forum, at least occasionally, is analogous to a doctor who doesn't stay up to speed with medical knowledge and tries to cure a modern day dose with penicillin!!

May your shipyards never be idle.

How many players were banned last month? Keep the game clean.

• Cathedral_Rock
    Cathedral_Rock
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2013 Posts: 8,604
    Vlad_M84 said:
    new targhets for FM that not good, im not playing the game anymore
    liar....you'll be here tomorrow...and the next day....and the next.....
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    Read about it here.

Talk about it below!
    Seems you all may have finally lost me.  In order to extend shelf life of hulls you say I now need special hulls for FVF, PV AI and PVP and that AI targets will be upgraded to former raid targets thus like raids we'll have a continously increasing difficulty of AI targets.  If anything, this now means I need a couple extra docks and couple refit machines to keep pace.  Maybe I miss read this but from what I see the game just found a way to get more complex and cost more money.  I'll take a wait and see attitude here but if what I suspect is correct I think I'm finally done with the game.   Funny thing is the last few hulls released were billed as multi use so they're all now useless as it sounds which I guess already were since you changed base turrets the other week.  I've seen the revenge in action and yes it's great on AI targets but not to good on bases... so take away it's ability on AI it's already a not so good hull and I haven't finished the raid.

I understand your initial concerns but all I can say is try to see the bigger picture
    As far as the Revenge goes, perhaps you skipped over the part that describes how various target types will be rotated.

• Whiskey_Seven
    Whiskey_Seven
    Potential Threat
    Joined Feb 2012 Posts: 72
    Read about it here.

Talk about it below!
    Seems you all may have finally lost me.  In order to extend shelf life of hulls you say I now need special hulls for FVF, PV AI and PVP and that AI targets will be upgraded to former raid targets thus like raids we'll have a continously increasing difficulty of AI targets.  If anything, this now means I need a couple extra docks and couple refit machines to keep pace.  Maybe I miss read this but from what I see the game just found a way to get more complex and cost more money.  I'll take a wait and see attitude here but if what I suspect is correct I think I'm finally done with the game.   Funny thing is the last few hulls released were billed as multi use so they're all now useless as it sounds which I guess already were since you changed base turrets the other week.  I've seen the revenge in action and yes it's great on AI targets but not to good on bases... so take away it's ability on AI it's already a not so good hull and I haven't finished the raid.

I understand your initial concerns but all I can say is try to see the bigger picture
    As far as the Revenge goes, perhaps you skipped over the part that describes how various target types will be rotated.
    Read about it here.

Talk about it below!

That's what scares me more... You keep rotating more difficult targets down so now your weekly mission is last months raid.  You will need to be able to build fleets is a pretty short time frame.   Currently I can hit armada's with ease and took a while to get there... Now I am gonna have to start over with man of wars?  Requires refit and or new hull that can handle them.  I don't know the rotation plan fully but if it's monthly with raids this will be tough and forget new players ever getting there.
  • Whiskey_Seven
    Whiskey_Seven
    Potential Threat
    i am a lvl73 player but i do not have all the new toys like most i have only just gotten a fleet of Rhinos built with the D55z and trident missiles on it players with lower lvl tech aren't keeping up with the heavy coiners not saying anything against that as i coin some when i can afford it mostly for the raid just to get enough points for something new but the damage to points make it very hard on others who can't keep up i can't do the 60 sets without heaps of damage which leaves most to do the 40 sets alone i have seen high level players 80+ doing the 40 sets and 60 sets because the 80 sets are to much for them too it takes the fun out of the game when you struggle to get points and you work hard to do the sets and only end up with either a 70K bonus or 500K bonus for all the damage you get please give the players that do not have all the new toys ago as well 
  • BigBadBran
    BigBadBran
    Strike-force Captain
    @Whisky_Seven

If the game were static it would die quickly. Change is necessary. Change, in any environment, almost always brings resistance and sometimes contempt.
    We have always had to have a number of different fleets. Sure, many players have a workhorse fleet that could be described as multi-role but many players will have a variety of fleets. Several types of base hitting fleets. Prep fleet. An FM fleet. Anti sub fleet. Raid fleet. Sub fleet. etc
    I like many others have had disappointments in game where I have just completed a fleet to find it's already not fit for it's original intended use.
    I don't really see what all the fuss is about. We are constantly building new boats. It's just that we will have to build different types of boats. It's going to be the same for everybody. (Before someone points out that mega coiners will simply build new fleets overnight, that's life. Get over it.)

• Wayward_son
    Wayward_son
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Apr 2016 Posts: 615
    Wayward_son said:

remember how many people complained when the SC got rocket and mort buffs instead of ballistics? 
    remember when they gave the SC those buffs and they still sucked? :smile: 
    Wasn't going to say that, just pointed out even if stats change, Shouldn't change how you use it. it only adds to the versitility
  • Whiskey_Seven
    Whiskey_Seven
    Potential Threat
    @Whisky_Seven

If the game were static it would die quickly. Change is necessary. Change, in any environment, almost always brings resistance and sometimes contempt.
    We have always had to have a number of different fleets. Sure, many players have a workhorse fleet that could be described as multi-role but many players will have a variety of fleets. Several types of base hitting fleets. Prep fleet. An FM fleet. Anti sub fleet. Raid fleet. Sub fleet. etc
    I like many others have had disappointments in game where I have just completed a fleet to find it's already not fit for it's original intended use.
    I don't really see what all the fuss is about. We are constantly building new boats. It's just that we will have to build different types of boats. It's going to be the same for everybody. (Before someone points out that mega coiners will simply build new fleets overnight, that's life. Get over it.)

@Whisky_Seven

The game has always been changing and somewhat predictably so.  As I've said I'll take a wait and see approach but my look at this suggests this will not be a change that favors the players at all and if what I think we're about to see come to be the case then I can and will just move on.  
  • Smurf_You
    Smurf_You
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 215
    There no longevity in this strategy at all nor any sound business sense.  I am one that coined the revenge but it will be my last purchase.  I come to this game and have done since the blackwater days to kick back and have fun.  The constant "chores" that you need to keep up with to be competitive are still there.  The excessive build times, repair times have not been addressed nor has the fact that the game team "tweak" the damage up mid way through a raid to ensure we spend more.  Deflection bypass that you speak about will not just nerf the revenge but all the stats of the punisher, neptune & drac carrier to name a few which are all your latest and greatest hulls.

Until you slow down the non useful change, constant back flipping and blatant moeny grabbing tactics, my money wont be available to grab.
  • Wow this SUCKS I only got my first FM elite last week since the last FM update and now they are making another huge change... i cant get caught up let alone keep up.  The FM should not be changed this frequently.
  • HARDLAND
    HARDLAND
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 320
    This>>>jschlue2<<<<<
    Not only Mod defending but SCABS TOO
    This>>>>jschlue2<<<<
    Oh god if there is only a way to get 1/4 of my money back.
  • whee
    whee
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 58
    yeah as someone who got revenge its like yay after a month, when i have 2 built, it will be useless to help me get to elite.  maybe you gys should tell us about the changes before the raids so we can have some idea of what to get so we aren't screwed

• luke.obrien.790
    luke.obrien.790
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2014 Posts: 31

Hi Doom
    I have read threw all that you have posted. I like the idea very much and don't think it is very complexed. Will take a while for people to a just. I can see only one problem. Now is the time to give us a refit dock. I know I'm killing the horse by now. But hear me out. With these changes alot of ships will need to be refit so they can do their new design jobs and I believe it is always better to build more ships then refit. I know I don't coin alot and don't have a say but I think this change will lesson the strain on everyone. If you take this advice id be a happy pirate. Good luck with these changes its going to be a rocky boat.

• Pharaz
    Pharaz
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jan 2013 Posts: 241
    Wish this had been made known to use before the raid began. I would never have bought the revenge. I have no use for a PvP only hull. BAD KIXEYE...BAD...
  • Financeranger
    Financeranger
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 462
    I am pissed.....I spent 575 gold this raid for a game changing hull SPECIFICALLY to do multiple tasks, only to have Kix change the rules BEFORE THE RAID ENDS....thats it for me, my base will dwindle, my fleets suffer. I am done coining in this game.

The anti cheating update probably killed off cheaters (albeit ones that did coin), now they throw this at us???

I specifically build fleets to master weekly targets, armadas, and DUBs. Now they are throwing that away and will ROTATE armada/DUB/and weekly targets...

WHAT THE HELL!

As a level 93 I should not have to spend $100-$200 per month JUST to play this game (Shut the hell up about its my choice too, as if I can use my mercury hull, or FC to do anything productive).

Ramrod out
    Level 102, Collected all the hulls kix wants me to coin! Sectors travels...who cares play the game and don't whine when you get hit!
  • Typhoons
    Typhoons
    Master Tactician
    Joined Oct 2014 Posts: 2,404
    Here's some plain talk for those of you who are confused: 

• We're separating hulls into classes.
    • We are labeling targets by the same classes
    • Protip: Use the hull class type to hit the target class type. 

That's it. That's the message of this missive.

If you find a Siege target on the map, you should use your Siege fleet to hit it. The rest of this very in-depth message is just a deeper explanation of this very simple concept. 

• PvP targets should be hit by PvP fleets. 
    • PvE targets should be hit by the right PvE fleets, depending on what type of target it is. 

To make sure the hulls you build have a longer lifespan, we'll make the targets you use those fleets for stick around longer. That way, you don't have to scrap them the second a new cycle event starts. 

That being said I still pose the same question. The forsaken mission is being changed. Will the current draconian armadas and the Draconian uranium base be updated as well?  So of these 2 targets that I currently have fleets build to compete against. Will these still maintain a " longer" life span? I just won 162 mill. If the strongholds replace the current ones and are detuned so be it. But if the other two I mentioned are changing too I have no idea of what to even start to rebuild with. Help a pirate out here.
    Eventually, yes. But, as the notes say, we want to do this only after a long time. I think Raikan mentioned every 10 months or so, and that these would rotate so that it wouldn't be FM targets every 10 months but more like FM targets now, Armadas in 10 months, other targets 10 months after that. 

So, to give a sense of the idea here: we intro a new hull in an event. We give you 4 months to use this hull in the events. Then, after that, the hull is useful for 6 months or so before we switch out that hull for the next generation of that class of hull. 

Pretty sure I already know the answer but just have to ask.If one of the goals of these changes is to increase the longevity of hulls,does that mean we won't be getting a new hull possibly 2 or 3 new hulls per month offered in raids and campaigns?I have a hard time believing that kix would ever slow down hull content. 
    DoomRooster said
    This Warn You 
  • Quartzeagle
    Quartzeagle
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2011 Posts: 159

this game is getting so complicated. kixeye should cut all build times by fifty percent . lol this will make me more willing to accept all your bs changes and at the same time will allow me to refit the fleets and increase longevity as you say. lol

Sectors visited - 338, 409,169, 499, 389, 435, 308, 373, 284, 304, 291, 6
  • Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Damnation-n-Hellfire
    Chat Moderator
    Joined Nov 2011 Posts: 901
    To the people complaining that the revenge is getting nerfed its not really its the targets that are changing. That being said they made us aware this change was coming 2-3 weeks ago if you choose not to stay informed on the game you play thats on you not them.

• Edrauder
    Edrauder
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Apr 2012 Posts: 340
    JustWires said:
    We currently get half price repairs when hitting the raid targets. Do we get half price repairs when hitting the same targets in FM ?
    During raids all repairs are cut in half. No matter what you're hitting. I've used half repairs to do campaigns in the past. 
    He was fairly specific in what he asked. He didn't mention hitting campaigns during the raid, he asked if you could hit the same target you are now in the raid, that will be the new FM targets for 1/2 rep time .. 

The answer to that will undoubtedly be no 
    LVL: 71 
    Average Monthly Coin: Now Zero
    Hulls won: 39 of them Mostly R5+ or limited, not worth listing
    Just checked 39 hulls 14 of them never built .. Inc 6 limited hulls. Says plenty about the overload

Fav Kixeye quote “It’s easy for others to lose their focus on quality,” he said. “That’s where we are laser-focused.” Will Harbin 2012
  • kixeyeuser_1405738552527_533737403
    kixeyeuser_1405738552527_533737403
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Jun 2015 Posts: 105
    Pharaz said:
    Wish this had been made known to use before the raid began. I would never have bought the revenge. I have no use for a PvP only hull. BAD KIXEYE...BAD...
    They talked about it 2 weeks ago before the raid began. I twas over Fb and here. im not defending kix but the info was there. 
  • whee
    whee
    Potential Threat
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 58
    so because i dont want to talk to all the **** on the forums its my fault i ddint' know about teh changes coming up? why was there not a tagline saying we are going to be making these changes put above the game like when theres maintenence?  its because they wanted people to get the revenge to base hit, even though base hitting gets u nothing.  i do mainly pve and thought revenge would be nice, now i know it will be useless and i wasted a week and the help of people in sector to get a hull and weapon that are pointless
  • NBE-01
    NBE-01
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Dec 2012 Posts: 418
    Actually i am looking forward to these changes that are coming.  Esp the FM targets.  They have been stale for a real long time now.  Will be nice to hit something new for a change. 

• ToyotaObsession
    ToyotaObsession
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 5,983
    Edrauder said:
    JustWires said:
    We currently get half price repairs when hitting the raid targets. Do we get half price repairs when hitting the same targets in FM ?
    During raids all repairs are cut in half. No matter what you're hitting. I've used half repairs to do campaigns in the past. 
    He was fairly specific in what he asked. He didn't mention hitting campaigns during the raid, he asked if you could hit the same target you are now in the raid, that will be the new FM targets for 1/2 rep time .. 

The answer to that will undoubtedly be no 
    There's people doing B sets for insta repair, you're looking at 1 coin hits at worst. 

Then on top of that and it's been said ad nauseum the targets will be scaled to their new purpose. They will not be the same damage. 
    The Rules we talk about constantly
    Report hackers because of the rules.
    Submit a ticket if you qualify.

Questions? Concerns? PM me.                                            image