Free dread

• Pekkali
    Pekkali
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 52
    Is this really a thing? Giving some people stuff it takes ages to make and call it a "promotion"?
  • Crazybaker49085
    Crazybaker49085
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Aug 2013 Posts: 683
    Its been 2 days and still no official answer..seriously?  I for one didnt get anything..Id like to know why some people arent
  • ChaosLeech
    ChaosLeech
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 358
    I hate when they turn bumping off for threads. it's a sneaky and dishonest way to bury stuff you don't want to deal with.
  • KHAOTIX
    KHAOTIX
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Apr 2013 Posts: 248
    I hate when they turn bumping off for threads. it's a sneaky and dishonest way to bury stuff you don't want to deal with.
    Oh wow. They sure did. >:C
  • Crazybaker49085
    Crazybaker49085
    Strike-force Captain
    covering up their mistakes and trying to avoid talking about it seems to be the new meta for Paul preeceflict, welcome aboard
  • sr-7150
    sr-7150
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 336

Up.
    So, give us official answer!

• Crazybaker49085
    Crazybaker49085
    Strike-force Captain
    wow they keep this on page 2..deliberate act of hiding threads
  • Zombie3116
    Zombie3116
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 194
    So no repsonse at all. well done kix.
    your bussnies model seems to be. piss of your paying playing player base and reward the non coiners and non active guys...

• sr-7150
    sr-7150
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 336

Let's make new one!

• Apeshi
    Apeshi
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 2
    Im very pissed for 2 reasons...

1. its ok if u give ppl sometimes a free gift or help also ppl NOT coining to motivate them to play or maybe spend some coins next time. But i have Dread and Zeal BP worked hard for. Im playing 5 years around and i have now build 3 Dreads and still 0 Zeal because always something to build or refit with like 12d empty build time. I needed like 1 month to build this 3 Dreads, than update and again refit and still no Zeals, wich are better now and had to recognize it was wast time and should better build Zeals, oh no vigligant now o0.

And now? now i see a couple of player get 2 Zeals and 1 Dread for free... WTFFFF is that the thanks to the hard work and supporting u also with some (a lot) of coins?

2. A present should be to all or NO ONE... no matter if we are coiner or already have BP or maybe build them... Because we didnt choosed to make ur game win by Coin or win by extrem farming BP and Events... i dont care about coin but i **** Care about the wast time i spend to get all these Items or Ships and i am in the right to say... I WANT IT TOO also if i already would have 500 of Dreads in my stock. Like that no one would feel bypassed. 

One final thing... Since 1-2 Month Kix u are making one **** following to a nother ****, forcing us to report and post every day a new topic. Always when i think... "now its getting normal again" u **** a new ****... u make ppl very hard to take u seriouse and force them to get angry. Im not sure if or how long i can stand this negative wipes.

have fun anyways all
    Greats Mafiapate
  • ChaosLeech
    ChaosLeech
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Oct 2013 Posts: 358
    I also just got 500 free coins so who knows wtf is going on. Not my alt though just the same account that got the dread.
  • Optimus815
    Optimus815
    Skilled Warrior
    Joined Jan 2016 Posts: 393
    ccyu123 said:

Hope this helps in figuring out any pattern behind getting a free dread. I have a commerce module, 3 dreads, fleet bay 11 and no free dread

I believe the dread part was determained by if you own one like i dont i have not one a single event ship yet
  • groeneappel
    groeneappel
    Greenhorn
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 13
    Friend of mine have already 6 Dreads. He got another one plus 500 coins!!!! Whats going on here???
  • CaptainCrust
    CaptainCrust
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Dec 2013 Posts: 230
    sr-7150 said:

Let's make new one!

Somebody already tried but the mods merged it with this one. I don't know why they are trying to bury this.
  • DON AKRIANO
    DON AKRIANO
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 14
    as mesmas pessoas ganhando prêmios, qual é a política que estão usando?, não gasto mais nenhum coins nesse jogo. indignado

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,995
    edited 1 Apr 2016, 2:59PM
    Apeshi said:

2. A present should be to all or NO ONE... 
    Why??

Initially I thought along the same lines, but really no one is entitled to them, they are as you say, gifts. I have no idea what factors they used to determine who got what, but there is NO WAY to make everyone happy all time time, so why would this be any different? And even if they did give something to everybody, there would still be people complaining that they wanted what someone else got, or why couldn't they have given out a different freebie because they already had X amount of what they got, etc. It'd almost be like saying everyone is entitled to win at the slot machines every time. Um, no. Some people win, some don't. That's what this seems like to me. Some people got the winning numbers or combinations, others didn't. 

Look, I'm sorry to anyone that is disappointed they didn't get anything. But how is this any different than a door prize or something similar? I could count on one hand how often I've won something in a drawing etc. It's basically hardly ever.

In my opinion the only problem MIGHT be it wasn't communicated. But since it wasn't the players that got them had a really nice surprise (They did announce a player appreciation and perhaps this is part of it, not sure) . For once we have something positive but this forum has still managed to turn it into a fiasco.

Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • Marmuter
    Marmuter
    Potential Threat
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 56
    dom.friant works for Kixeye, confirmed
  • ThorsChariot
    ThorsChariot
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 68
    Apeshi said:

2. A present should be to all or NO ONE... 
    Why??

Initially I thought along the same lines, but really no one is entitled to them, they are as you say, gifts. I have no idea what factors they used to determine who got what, but there is NO WAY to make everyone happy all time time, so why would this be any different? And even if they did give something to everybody, there would still be people complaining that they wanted what someone else got, or why couldn't they have given out a different freebie because they already had X amount of what they got, etc. It'd almost be like saying everyone is entitled to win at the slot machines every time. Um, no. Some people win, some don't. That's what this seems like to me. Some people got the winning numbers or combinations, others didn't. 

Look, I'm sorry to anyone that is disappointed they didn't get anything. But how is this any different than a door prize or something similar? I could count on one hand how often I've won something in a drawing etc. It's basically hardly ever.

In my opinion the only problem MIGHT be it wasn't communicated. But since it wasn't the players that got them had a really nice surprise (They did announce a player appreciation and perhaps this is part of it, not sure) . For once we have something positive but this forum has still managed to turn it into a fiasco.

LMFAO, you're comparing this latest fiasco to a slot machine or lotto? Ok then, I guess the 911 hijackers were just a helpful demolition crew too?

The fact that they are trying to bury this thread tells you all you need to know about how this company does business but keep defending their actions.

• dom.friant
    dom.friant
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Sep 2014 Posts: 1,995
    edited 1 Apr 2016, 5:04PM

LMFAO, you're comparing this latest fiasco to a slot machine or lotto? Ok then, I guess the 911 hijackers were just a helpful demolition crew too?

The fact that they are trying to bury this thread tells you all you need to know about how this company does business but keep defending their actions.

Nope, I don't work for them. And I agree a lot of their actions have been pretty awful of late (how they handled the re-balance was insanely aweful... ). I'm not excusing or defending any prior actions or saying freebies make up for that, but for once they've actually gone done something positive for a change and STILL all I read is complaints. The self-entitled attitude on this forum sometimes is overwhelming. Yes, in this case only I am kind of defending them. I did say the lack of communication has made it frustrating, not understand the factors for who got what should have been communicated (and so I'm not defending this part). But they didn't have to give anything to anyone. It is especially surprising seeing how everyone calls them "coineye" due to a lot of coin-grabbing actions (which I am not defending), so yes, I see them giving something to some players... as in for free... rather positive and unexpected turn. Sorry if I don't hate them as much as you do.

But you kind of re-iterated what I'm trying to say (and may not have worded well)... winning at slots or the lotto would actually be real money!! 911 was something truly awful. Not getting a free Dread... talk about third-world problems... this is a game we're talking about. And it's already been proven that coiners and non-coiners got them, so it has nothing to do with a financial investment. If you didn't get the luck of the draw and get a free dread or zeal it wasn't your lucky day. Maybe your luck will hit at the slots instead.

Edit: In thinking more on this, maybe I have such low expectations now that this seems like a really good thing when perhaps my view has been warped by too much of the recent negative. I dunno know anymore...
    Because I like the Condor!
    http://i.imgur.com/80deZPv.png
  • David Craig
    David Craig
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 72

I got a free dread 1 day and 500 coins the next day on my alt and as of yet a big fat 0 on main lol

• Killer Bunnies
    Killer Bunnies
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2015 Posts: 7
    BRN9876 said:
    RalleYTN said:
    virego said:
    Just commenting to follow this thread.
    not allowed. you can click the star on the left side of the thread title.
    and then you have to do something in the settings..... i think....... not sure.
    By default, bookmarking the discussion should give you updates - just go to your notifications, hit the gear, and ensure that "Show forum replies to bookmarked discussions" is checked. You can also remove the bookmark f you no longer want to receive notifications, whereas now that you've commented you'll get every notification in this thread unless you uncheck "Show forum replies to discussions I am in."
    Thanks so much for offering Forum posting tips.  Now, any chance you could answer a REAL question, or actually address the topic of this thread?  It is inexplicable giving some players something very valuable, while others get nothing, with zero explanation. Unacceptable!
    I don't have any information to offer about this at this moment. We will be sure to update players when more information becomes available.

kixeye...please for the love of god, hire someone who has a good understanding of marketing and promotions!!!!!!!!!  you want to give stuff away??? Fantastic! But by this random/no explanation garbage, instead of generating good will, has once again only pissed off 99% of your customers! An absolute failure!!! How hard is it to make a banner/post/ in game announcement that you are giving away random prizes as part of your player appreciation, or Easter promotion or whatever you are calling this behind closed doors??????.... anyone remember the WKRP in Cincinnati episode where they bombed a parking lot with frozen turkeys as a promotion???? that pretty much sums up this giveaway...
  • gstar247
    gstar247
    Potential Threat
    Joined Mar 2015 Posts: 58
    Got my 500 shinies too! :))
  • SpiralValve
    SpiralValve
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined May 2015 Posts: 695
    4.7 thousand views, 147 relies and its second page.... something smells fishy
    "If you aren't taking damage, you're breaking the game"  - Paul Preece
  • slapinpickle
    slapinpickle
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 289
    Seriously, I didnt mind that people where getting a free dread based on some random factor no one seemed to be able to work out, but now some people are getting 500 coins in some case as well as the free dread they already got?

While others get nothing?

And still nothing from Kix to explain.
  • hensonnlee
    hensonnlee
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 263
    edited 1 Apr 2016, 6:08PM
    Seriously, I didnt mind that people where getting a free dread based on some random factor no one seemed to be able to work out, but now some people are getting 500 coins in some case as well as the free dread they already got?

While others get nothing?

And still nothing from Kix to explain.
    Plus there are people getting 2 or 3 zeals and 2000 coins for coming back to the game. Where is the fairness in all of these give-a-ways. And is you submit a ticket all you get is a copy and paste BS answer that has nothing to do with your question.
  • DON AKRIANO
    DON AKRIANO
    Greenhorn
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 14
    estou decepcionado com a KIXEYE, jogadores que investem em coins diariamente estão sendo boicotados dos prêmios, eu não gastarei nenhum dinheiro em moedas no jogo, se fosse um premio para todos e de forma q cada player recebesse um prêmio aleatório seria diferente, mas agora só pra aqueles que não gastam coins e quase nem jogam, isso sim é irritante, a KIXEYE só tah fazendo merda com esse jogo. está perdendo a graça.
  • Saor Campos de Oliveira
    Saor Campos de Oliveira
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Oct 2012 Posts: 101
    Well I got one dread today but no 500 coins. Well at least I didn't recive a (c)rapture :tongue: 
  • ThundarrTheBarbarian
    ThundarrTheBarbarian
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2014 Posts: 191
    My lower level alt got a free dread and a few hours later 500 coins. Never spent a dime on that account. Just use it for keeping tabs on a certain sector. Heck, I don't even have any good weapons to put on the darn thing. So it's actually kind of annoying. But this total lack of communication is truly frustrating. 
  • slapinpickle
    slapinpickle
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined Nov 2015 Posts: 289
    edited 1 Apr 2016, 8:12PM
    Well thats annoying

• Tawfiq Ha
    Tawfiq Ha
    Potential Threat
    Joined Aug 2015 Posts: 75
    I have fleet bay 11.
    I have the dread bp.
    I have build some.
    I coin as hell.
    BUT no free dread for me haha

I'm happy for the players who got the free dread...
    Now when you go fight some lower levels. KABOOM!! a solo dread.. it will be challenging..

Probably it's a way to make the player get the feeling of big ships and coin for more.. all about marketing ;)