useless tech i paid for

thor825
thor825
Potential Threat
Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 43
when are we going to have an option to do something with all the useless tech i have paid for in raids and cant use because kixeye has made it useless. i think selling or recycleing should be an option to clear some of our inventory so i can find the next wave of useless tech. ??????
  • Dredinar
    Dredinar
    Minor Nuisance
    Joined May 2011 Posts: 249
    what tech are you talking about ?
  • lumpylip
    lumpylip
    Potential Threat
    Joined Oct 2015 Posts: 55
    thor825 said:
    when are we going to have an option to do something with all the useless tech i have paid for in raids and cant use because kixeye has made it useless. i think selling or recycleing should be an option to clear some of our inventory so i can find the next wave of useless tech. ??????
    You know Just last week I was thinking exactly the same thing about my truck.......I paid good money for that truck and at the time i thought it was it was the nuts, I used to love that truck, I polished it, cleaned it, even caught myself staring at it from time to time thinking to myself how lucky i was to have such a fine truck, It done everything i asked of it and lots more......However here we are today and to be fair its a pig, It rattles, clonks & bangs, dont like stating in the mornings and if i'm honest its not fit for the task...... So heres the master plan, what i've done is i've bought me one of them nice new shiny trucks that everyone else is running around in.....Its the nuts i'm gonna clean it, Polish it and i might even stare at it from time to time while thinking **** i'm lucky to have such a fine truck !!!!

Moral of the story is if its junk scrap it & move on. Nobody forced you to spend money, That my friend was your choice and yours alone !!!

I guess a fool and his money are easily parted !!! Go figure eh !!!
  • jeff.tucker.5648
    jeff.tucker.5648
    Greenhorn
    Joined Jul 2013 Posts: 24
    lumpylip said:
    thor825 said:
    You know Just last week I was thinking exactly the same thing about my truck.......I paid good money for that truck and at the time i thought it was it was the nuts, I used to love that truck, I polished it, cleaned it, even caught myself staring at it from time to time thinking to myself how lucky i was to have such a fine truck, It done everything i asked of it and lots more......However here we are today and to be fair its a pig, It rattles, clonks & bangs, dont like stating in the mornings and if i'm honest its not fit for the task...... So heres the master plan, what i've done is i've bought me one of them nice new shiny trucks that everyone else is running around in.....Its the nuts i'm gonna clean it, Polish it and i might even stare at it from time to time while thinking **** i'm lucky to have such a fine truck !!!!

Moral of the story is if its junk scrap it & move on. Nobody forced you to spend money, That my friend was your choice and yours alone !!!

sure and in a few years youll be thinking the same thing about your new truck and wanting a new one  I can see what thor is saying it would be nice to trade the old junk for something new and useful...just like trading in the old truck
  • kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    kixeyeuser_1365369523405_14232_1309869729
    Force to be Reckoned With
    Joined Jan 2014 Posts: 1,984
    I'm sure the OP already knows there is an option to 'scrap' actual ships from the shipyard, so I would guess that he is actually complaining about the every-growing clutter of blueprints he will never use again in the 'pick lists' for shipyard? Yes, it would be a nice option to be able to go into the Intel Lab and click a checkmark on each blueprint that says "hide from shipyard". 
  • thor825
    thor825
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jan 2012 Posts: 43
    oh i,m sorry i did,nt realize when we purchased something at a certain price we were to be exspected to know it was temporay and that throwing our money away was an acceptible practise u dumbass go shine your dumbass truck i,m  sure u can eat and pay bills with it .

• CPL Hicks
    CPL Hicks
    Incursion Leader
    Joined Sep 2015 Posts: 1,173
    Either the price of new technology must come down or the replacement cycle time must be lengthened. The only way to "keep up" with this game is to spend exorbitant amounts of money or get very, very lucky with builds which are useful for more than a couple months.
    Praise be RNGesus!
  • kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940
    Unicorn Overlord
    Joined Feb 2016 Posts: 4,914

@CPL Hicks said:
    Either the price of new technology must come down or the replacement cycle time must be lengthened. The only way to "keep up" with this game is to spend exorbitant amounts of money or get very, very lucky with builds which are useful for more than a couple months.

if you did Choke Point 2 and combined that with Guidance Scrambler 3 and Enhanced Warheads 3, you had a solid Rhino build. Not the best. BUT WILL EASILY GET YOU DOUBLE T3

• LuthorCorp
    LuthorCorp
    Potential Threat
    Joined Jul 2012 Posts: 79
    They stopped doing hulls in the retro lab. =(
    All your base are bubbled by us
    Unicorn Overlord

Well, i dont personally wanna see Rhinos or Punishers or HCs in it yet.

• BANZAI_Bill
    BANZAI_Bill
    Strike-force Captain
    Joined Nov 2014 Posts: 633
    lumpylip said:
    thor825 said:

I don't know about you but I love my old truck.. Even when it's broke down I still catch myself looking at it and thinking... ****, this thing is still awesome..I guess i'll fix it and go play in the mud some more.
  • CPL Hicks
    CPL Hicks
    Incursion Leader
    edited 17 Mar 2016, 2:03PM

@CPL Hicks said:

if you did Choke Point 2 and combined that with Guidance Scrambler 3 and Enhanced Warheads 3, you had a solid Rhino build. Not the best. BUT WILL EASILY GET YOU DOUBLE T3

You're missing the point of the post. The Rhino is good for now, but soon it will be tier 2 crap that no one wants. The issue isn't that good builds aren't accessible, they just aren't worth coining because it's a very short-term investment. If Kixeye maintained content in this game in which third or fourth generation fleets could continue to perform well, it would be worth investing in those fleets.

I'm building a second Rhino right now and I fear it's too late; this May there will be a new raid format and the Rhino will likely be made obsolete.

Anyone who spend money on Hellhounds with Magma Throwers (poor souls) will understand what I mean.
    Praise be RNGesus!
    Unicorn Overlord

@CPL Hicks said:
    kixeyeuser_1375810824263_12234_28846940 said:

@CPL Hicks said:

You're missing the point of the post. The Rhino is good for now, but soon it will be tier 2 crap that no one wants. The issue isn't that good builds aren't accessible, they just aren't worth coining because it's a very short-term investment. If Kixeye maintained content in this game in which third or fourth generation fleets could continue to perform well, it would be worth investing in those fleets.

I'm building a second Rhino right now and I fear it's too late; this May there will be a new raid format and the Rhino will likely be made obsolete.

the only Remote Targeting Missile hull that is obsolete is the Proto Nemesis, Remote Targeting can keep a hull alive. The Mastadon is old as hell, but still has a place.

Unicorn Overlord

Also, with 15 weapon slots, Kixeye are gonna have to release something ridiculous. Like a Scourge Hellstar, basically take the hellstar, give it Corrosive missile override that is splash, and give it sub drones. oh and 100% Remote Targeting

• CPL Hicks
    CPL Hicks
    Incursion Leader
    edited 18 Mar 2016, 5:26PM

Also, with 15 weapon slots, Kixeye are gonna have to release something ridiculous. Like a Scourge Hellstar, basically take the hellstar, give it Corrosive missile override that is splash, and give it sub drones. oh and 100% Remote Targeting

SHHHH!!! DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!!  ;)

However, it's easy to make something obsolete, just give the opposition a longer ranged weapon that does exorbitant amounts of damage with splash and a high projectile speed (e.g. Drac Mine Glacial Turret).
    Praise be RNGesus!
    Unicorn Overlord

@CPL Hicks said:

SHHHH!!! DON'T GIVE THEM ANY IDEAS!!!

But it would be funny :(

Unicorn Overlord

Would be nice if we got the Reaver Scouts and their Remote Targeting hulls though, as they wouldn't have overload they could be normal repair modifier, and the Hulk for Base Defense and Hades for base hitting, but in low raid tiers. as they wouldn't be too powerful. aka, Useless tech you DON'T pay for unless you dong have any reaver hulls.

Unicorn Overlord

@CPL Hicks said:

@CPL Hicks said:

Anyone who spend money on Hellhounds with Magma Throwers (poor souls) will understand what I mean.

ummmmm.....i still get a HELL OF A LOT OF USE out of my Magma Hounds, and they aren't even RANKED.